HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Benjamin
Shadilay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Curious... saw it in the Gaborik thread on the main board... Would you do Zibanejad+Bishop for Marian Gaborik?
If Gaborik was a bit younger and signed longer.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
First, we are not saying he is better than Turris. We are saying he comparable.

Let's look at the facts,

1: Spezza is injured until at least the playoffs.
2: If Turris is going to be the number 1 center, we need someone to fill the void he leaves as the number 2. Regin is not cutting it and Zibby is too young to be put into that situation.
3: Latendresse was penciled into a top 6 position. He could be out for the season. We do not know. Putting Condra or Daugavins as a top 6 is a bad idea. One of the best lines we have had this year is Greening/Zibanejad/Condra. Perfect for 3rd line.

You want to ignore the team Brassard is playing on as a factor to his numbers. You simply cannot do that. If the whole team is ******** the bed, then he would be too.

Next you compared his numbers to Turris. That is not fair either. If you want to compare his numbers to Turris, then do it when Turris played for Phoenix before he was given a shot in Ottawa. The numbers swing in Brassards favor.

As far as the surgery goes, That was 2008, it is 2013 now. He has played 79, 74, 74 games since. That is deemed a healthy player by most accounts.

Upper body injury does not mean he is having shoulder injuries or a concussion. It could be as simple as a back spasm or bruised ribs.

Bringing in a player would help the development of Zibby and Silf. Not hinder it. Especially Zibby. Rushing him could be very bad. GMBM has mentioned several times the plan for the kids is to bring them in bottom 6 minutes and let them get used to the speed and intensity of the game. Putting him on your top 6 and giving him PP1 minutes is a lot of pressure on the kid.
The reason I used 3 years of numbers for Brassard is to show he's older but hasn't progressed. Turris was much younger and has no real comparable in Phoenix except his 1st season 2010-11 where he scored 11 goals in 65 games at the age of 21 to Brassard's 17 goals in 74 games at the age of 23 but Brassard had already played a full 79 games the previous season where he only scored 9 goals despite having played parts of 2 other season in the NHL so he was in his 4th year in the NHL while Turris was in his 1st. I don't see where the numbers favour Brassard at all.

The line players Turris has aren't much better offensively than Brassard's right now. A rookie and an aging vet and they aren't getting much offensive support from our D since Karlsson went down. If they were better goal scorers Turris would have a lot more points for the offense he generates. In fact since Spezza went down its even a lot harder for Turris to get goals against low liners since he faces either the other team's top line of top checkers.

Look as a complementary piece Brassard might be ok but he's no savior so lets temper expectations. At times Foligno looked like he could do as much. He played pretty well at centre when they tried him there.

What this team needs is a sniper who can finish plays. I hate to see them use trade-able assets for an extra similar part. IMO, Brassard hasn't shown that he fits the sniper criteria. If he's a play maker who will he feed? They won't score for him either. For sure, I wouldn't gamble much to find out. If he can be had for spare parts like Daugs, Gonchar and/or some obscure low ranked pups then sure go for it. Why give up high picks and/or 2 good young pieces for a player who looks like some low scorers we already have. At least most of our guys are younger and there is hope that they'll get better. Lets keep our assets like Bishop, Da Costa etc.. for the pure complementary sniper.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

I don't see how Brassard wouldn't be an upgrade to Turris. He's produced against tough opposition before. He has been on pace for 45+ points every season except 09-10...while Turris has never even put up 30 points in the NHL. I'm aware they're at different points developmentally, but Brassard has been playing on arguably the worst franchise in the NHL with extremely bad linemates and coaches.

Brassard is also much more physical and willing to go into dirty areas than Turris, as well as being a proven winger if necessary.

Not only that but Brassard is still young and we could see him bloom in a similar way that Methot has done in Ottawa. People underestimate the affect it has on your confidence to play for an organization like Columbus.

For the price it would take Brassard is worth it.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:57 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

I wonder if Buffalo would be willing to trade Stafford to a divisional rival.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:00 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I don't see how Brassard wouldn't be an upgrade to Turris. He's produced against tough opposition before. He has been on pace for 45+ points every season except 09-10...while Turris has never even put up 30 points in the NHL. I'm aware they're at different points developmentally, but Brassard has been playing on arguably the worst franchise in the NHL with extremely bad linemates and coaches.

Brassard is also much more physical and willing to go into dirty areas than Turris, as well as being a proven winger if necessary.

Not only that but Brassard is still young and we could see him bloom in a similar way that Methot has done in Ottawa. People underestimate the affect it has on your confidence to play for an organization like Columbus.

For the price it would take Brassard is worth it.
Brassard has gotten first line playing time/1PP with Rick Nash since his arrival.

Not to mention he is not the kind of physical, dirty area player you describe. He is one dimensional. Better off with Turris, in my opinion.

Also, Columbus is in need of scoring right now, so expect to pay a premium for Brassard.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:05 AM
CarknerCountry

Would this deal work

Edm

Bishop

Ott

Eager
2nd RP

Eager will bring toughness and he can play..He won't hurt the team when hes on the ice like a Gratts would..

Old
03-03-2013, 07:16 AM
muskratBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Would this deal work

Edm

Bishop

Ott

Eager
2nd RP

Eager will bring toughness and he can play..He won't hurt the team when hes on the ice like a Gratts would..
Hmm a local boy with a cup ring... would be cool to see him on a line with Neil grinding it up. However would he really be an upgrade over DD? Or anyone else in the bottom 6?

Would probably do

Eager
2nd RP and 3rd RP

For Bishop

Old
03-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke07 View Post
Hmm a local boy with a cup ring... would be cool to see him on a line with Neil grinding it up. However would he really be an upgrade over DD? Or anyone else in the bottom 6?

Would probably do

Eager
2nd RP and 3rd RP

For Bishop
I like Ben Eager. My only problem is the amount of stupid and SELFISH penalties he takes. Also, he's not the best fighter either.

He brings loads of energy and can really skate though.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Johnny Hanson

Another bottom sixer that can't score? Are you guys serious?

I like the gaborik idea. Anyone who has the ability to score a goal from time to time would be a welcomed addition. If it only cost us zib and bish I'd say pull the trigger

Old
03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Nizzy

devin setoguchi for 2nd 2014

Old
03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
SixthSens
RIP Kev

No reason to deal Bishop in a trade that doesn't address any team needs.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:21 AM
harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
No reason to deal Bishop in a trade that doesn't address any team needs.
Bishop + To Edmonton for MPS

Old
03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Exactly the type of trade I see us making.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
18Hossa
And Grace, Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Exactly the type of trade I see us making.
This isn't NHL 13, 2nd round picks are actually good...

Old
03-03-2013, 11:26 AM
harvey

Odds on signing Perry in the off season?

Old
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
This isn't NHL 13, 2nd round picks are actually good...
Setoguchi has scored at above a 40 pt pace every year since his rookie year, I think he could easily be a 25-25 guy in our system. I fully recognize the value of a 2nd rounder. I think it's you who might have some confusion.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Setoguchi has scored at above a 40 pt pace every year since his rookie year, I think he could easily be a 25-25 guy in our system. I fully recognize the value of a 2nd rounder. I think it's you who might have some confusion.
Personally i think a 2nd rounder wont get it done.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Personally i think a 2nd rounder wont get it done.
You very well may be right. The only thing Minnesota needs less than a 2nd round pick is a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th round pick.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:45 AM
MVP Tom Pyatt
Tommy P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
Odds on signing Perry in the off season?
Very slim.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Tuna99

Columbus has to improve and you have to think Ottawa is looking at their 1st rounder and the depth we have.

CLB: Bishop, De Costa, 0'Brien
OTT: LAK 1st 2013 (20-25 overall)

Old
03-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Yokai

vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Columbus has to improve and you have to think Ottawa is looking at their 1st rounder and the depth we have.

CLB: Bishop, De Costa, 0'Brien
OTT: LAK 1st 2013 (20-25 overall)
Paul Gaustad(center third/fourth liner) got a first on his own. Trading a potential starting goaltender, a decent prospect, and a solid fourth line center for one late first round pick seems a bit one sided. All depends on what Ottawa is doing as well. You don't trade players for picks if you are trying to make the playoffs/compete.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Done.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:01 PM
John Holmes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Very slim.
I agree.

I bet he re-signs with Anaheim. They've been to the Cup finals twice and won once.

The area and weather are beautiful, and he can pretty well walk around like a regular human being in The OC as opposed to the microscope he'd be under here or any other Canadian city.

He'd have to pay more taxes.

Then there is the fact that the weather in Ottawa sucks and the team is nowhere close to contention.

He's going to get paid wherever he goes. Why would he sign here?

Old
03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
HSF

isnt Seto injured goods sorta like Cheechoo?

I thought he has had some foot issues that make him slower now

Old
03-03-2013, 12:04 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I agree.

I bet he re-signs with Anaheim. They've been to the Cup finals twice and won once.

The area and weather are beautiful, and he can pretty well walk around like a regular human being in The OC as opposed to the microscope he'd be under here or any other Canadian city.

He'd have to pay more taxes.

Then there is the fact that the weather in Ottawa sucks and the team is nowhere close to contention.

He's going to get paid wherever he goes. Why would he sign here?
with Perry this team is a contender imo or very very close

not sure if he will sign here though

Closed Thread