HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto and St. Louis Talking Trade? Kulemin Involved?

Old
03-02-2013, 11:58 AM
FerrisRox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
He absolutely has not been. He's, in my eyes, been easily our best defender. He has some mental lapses; but not at some higher frequency than all other defenders. He's generally been great at containing the other team's top scorer
You are watching a completely different Dion Phanuef then the guy I've seen wearing #3 for the Leafs this year. Polar opposite.

Except for the mental lapses part. That part you nailed.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:02 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWB View Post
This is exactly what I think the Leafs would be interested in. Stewart would fit in perfectly with what the Leafs are trying to do. Stewart is big, physical, 25 years old and a local guy. Very much a Carlyle type of player!!! Perfect fit for the Leafs.
Not a chance.

Both of those pieces individually are worth more to the Leafs than Stewart.... nevermind packaging the two together.

Stewart may be a nice piece, but not at the cost of Kulemin, who's a substantially better checking line forward.

If the Leafs were going to acquire Stewart, it's MacArthur who he'd be displacing from the lineup.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Epoch

A deal around Kulemin for Stewart would be awesome.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
A deal around Kulemin for Stewart would be awesome.

Not for the Blues it wouldn't

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
And not for the Leafs either...

Old
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Thinking about it, Stewart and Berglund are the only Blues I'd like, besides the 100% untouchables (Backes, Oshie, Halak, etc)
Don't get too hung up on thinking Oshie is 100% untouchable... you're not gonna get him for a song, but in the right deal, Oshie is very move-able. There are more than a few Blues' fans who are convinced that, if he's not THE problem in the locker room, he's damn sure one of the problems...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Kulemin is a bull.

You should be happy getting a player like him in return for Stewart.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
One team currently has more points this season than the other. I could play this ridiculous logic game too.
One team plays in a weaker conference overall, with a much easier travel schedule, than the other.

You're not the only one who can play games.

Look, guys, I like the Leafs. They're my favorite Original 6 club. I've been a fan since the days of Salming, Sittler, McDonald, Clark, et. al. (Bob Gassoff was 10x badder than Tiger Williams, though, and a better hockey player). But there really does not seem to be a trade that would benefit both clubs here, and neither side wants to see their club be the one that gets the worst end of any deal.

Some people here -- in both fanbases -- are talking out of their hind ends when it comes to running down the quality of players on the other side. The simple fact is that the Leafs do not have players that are even remotely expendable or "trade-able," and who also fill a need for the Blues... and vice-versa.

Let's just call it a day, eh?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Duffman955

Does anyone have any new info on this rumor?

So far all I know is that Kulemin was mentioned, along with Schwartz and Ian Cole.

Anything besides this mentioned anywhere? Or is the rest just speculation.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Inconceivable

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Not a chance.

Both of those pieces individually are worth more to the Leafs than Stewart.... nevermind packaging the two together.

Stewart may be a nice piece, but not at the cost of Kulemin, who's a substantially better checking line forward.

If the Leafs were going to acquire Stewart, it's MacArthur who he'd be displacing from the lineup.
I'd do kulemin for Stewart straight up in a heartbeat.

Inconceivable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:18 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Lazy defensively irresponsible former 30 goal scorer vs. work horse defensively responsible 30 goal scorer. I take Kulemin regardless of if he has a lower offensive ceiling.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
DougGilmour93

To Stl:
Steckel
Kulemin
Franson
Percy
2nd in 2014

To Tor:
Oshie
Stewart

DougGilmour93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
One team plays in a weaker conference overall, with a much easier travel schedule, than the other.

Look, guys, I like the Leafs. They're my favorite Original 6 club. I've been a fan since the days of Salming, Sittler, McDonald, Clark, et. al. (Bob Gassoff was 10x badder than Tiger Williams, though, and a better hockey player). But there really does not seem to be a trade that would benefit both clubs here, and neither side wants to see their club be the one that gets the worst end of any deal.

Some people here -- in both fanbases -- are talking out of their hind ends when it comes to running down the quality of players on the other side. The simple fact is that the Leafs do not have players that are even remotely expendable or "trade-able," and who also fill a need for the Blues... and vice-versa.

15 games in 27 days counteracts any lighter travel schedule. Most games player in february in relation to any other team.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
To Stl:
Steckel
Kulemin
Franson
Percy
2nd in 2014

To Tor:
Oshie
Stewart

Please, no.

This is a classic quantity for quality trade.

And I don't see Oshie getting traded out of STL anytime soon. He's been one of the few guys who shows up, and he's an absolute fan favourite.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:

haha there's obviously no trade to be made on HF... almost ever.

I think Nonis and Armstrong might have something up their sleeves, though.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Backes to the Future

Quote:
Don't get too hung up on thinking Oshie is 100% untouchable... you're not gonna get him for a song, but in the right deal, Oshie is very move-able. There are more than a few Blues' fans who are convinced that, if he's not THE problem in the locker room, he's damn sure one of the problems...
What are you talking about? Oshie is FAR from the problem in the locker room. He's been our best forward and one of the ONLY forwards willing to take a hit to make the play. Oshie is no longer the kid who misses practices, he's matured and is a definite leader on the ice. He is definitely as "untouchable" as Backes, Petro, etc.

Backes to the Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
intangible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
And I don't see Oshie getting traded out of STL anytime soon. He's been one of the few guys who shows up, and he's an absolute fan favourite.
Agreed. I don't know why people seem so bent on thinking Stewart and Oshie are the ones being talked about; these guys are the only ones outside of Shatty and Pietrangelo who are working hard out there.

I'd like to see Backes and his bad penalties, Jackman and his laziness and bad penalties, and Berglund with his laziness on backchecking and consistency, or include Cole who thus far hasn't at all looked like an NHL defenseman. Those are our most valuable assets who are struggling and for whom could get a good return.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:54 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
What?

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Agreed. I don't know why people seem so bent on thinking Stewart and Oshie are the ones being talked about; these guys are the only ones outside of Shatty and Pietrangelo who are working hard out there.

I'd like to see Backes and his bad penalties, Jackman and his laziness and bad penalties, and Berglund with his laziness on backchecking and consistency, or include Cole who thus far hasn't at all looked like an NHL defenseman. Those are our most valuable assets who are struggling and for whom could get a good return.
I don't think you have watched any of Coles games this season he is by far our 2nd best LH defenseman. To be honest defensively he probably has made less mistakes then Pietrangelo. Really your whole post is total crap. Berglund has also played well.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:59 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post

Jackman has been great this year and Cole hasnt looked like an NHL dman? You cant be serious

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:02 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconceivable View Post
I'd do kulemin for Stewart straight up in a heartbeat.
Ok... it's a good thing you're not the GM.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
shifting

STL does not need another defensive winger, especially at the cost of Stewart.

We need a 1st or 2nd line Center, and 1st pairing LHD.

I agree with others in this thread, these two teams don't have a good trade that would compliment both teams.

If a trade happens, I get the feeling one of the two teams will be getting fleeced. It better not be the Blues Mr. Armstrong.

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:18 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Komisarek + Kulemin for...hmmm?
aaron palushaj?

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
What are you basing this on?

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
To Stl:
Steckel
Kulemin
Franson
Percy
2nd in 2014

To Tor:
Oshie
Stewart
You really need to stop. Every one of your proposals is horrendous.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote