HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto and St. Louis Talking Trade? Kulemin Involved?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
  #476
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
so what would they want? Steckel? NHL dman like Liles (with salary retained)
You're not getting Schwartz.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:03 AM
  #477
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You're not getting Schwartz.
I don't think anyone realistically expects that.

What about something around:

Kuli + Gunnar + Liles + Mac for Perron + Stewart + Retain Macs Salary?

calcal798 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:04 AM
  #478
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 10,072
vCash: 500
How about we just trade teams? Yeah, that'll work...

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
  #479
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 9,709
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
I don't think anyone realistically expects that.

What about something around:

Kuli + Gunnar + Liles + Mac for Perron + Stewart + Retain Macs Salary?
We are trying to win, we dont want to make our team worse. The Blues arent in business of helping out the Leafs

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
  #480
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
We have less than no interest in Liles. Stop putting him in offers.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
  #481
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
cant believe this thread is still going

leafs dont want stewart or perron or anyone else that isnt a solid prospect

blues DEFINITELY dont want Liles or Komisarek or anyone else who cant even break into the leaf squad currently (+ an albatross contract)

Any trade between the two teams will be a player for pick or player for prospect type deal, not a 3 for 3 trade

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
  #482
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Honestly, I don't why fellow Leafs fans have such hard bonkers over Stewart, the guy wouldn't make much of an impact on our roster. He has serious work ethic issues and only plays well when he wants to, he would become our whipping boy as soon as he went down.

I would kill to have so many great players on Blues but Stewart ain't one of them, especially not for arguably our hardest working and most defensively responsible winger like Kulemin even if the value is fair.

If Stewart was a little more caring and consistent, it would be a different story.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
  #483
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
I know he hasn't proven the same yet but Frattin plays a similar game to Stewart while bringing good work ethic every game.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
  #484
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
How many more top 6 wingers do we need?

Where would Stewart even play? we dont even know what to do with JVR once Lupul comes back

Adding another winger to the mix is stupid.. we need less, not more

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
  #485
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 9,709
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Honestly, I don't why fellow Leafs fans have such hard bonkers over Stewart, the guy wouldn't make much of an impact on our roster. He has serious work ethic issues and only plays well when he wants to, he would become our whipping boy as soon as he went down.

I would kill to have so many great players on Blues but Stewart ain't one of them, especially not for arguably our hardest working and most defensively responsible winger like Kulemin even if the value is fair.

If Stewart was a little more caring and consistent, it would be a different story.
You clearly dont know anything about Stewart

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
  #486
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
How many more top 6 wingers do we need?

Where would Stewart even play? we dont even know what to do with JVR once Lupul comes back

Adding another winger to the mix is stupid.. we need less, not more
Exactly.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
  #487
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Honestly, I don't why fellow Leafs fans have such hard bonkers over Stewart, the guy wouldn't make much of an impact on our roster. He has serious work ethic issues and only plays well when he wants to, he would become our whipping boy as soon as he went down.

I would kill to have so many great players on Blues but Stewart ain't one of them, especially not for arguably our hardest working and most defensively responsible winger like Kulemin even if the value is fair.
This really has been overblown. There have been no issues this year, and he is back to normal. He learned from his mistakes from last season and he got back into shape.

For the people who think he is a power forward, he isn't, he never was, and he never will be. He is essentially a sniper/goal scorer in a big body. He plays on the rush and has a good shot, especially on the backhand.

Just like any other scorer, he is streaky, which is why some people question his effort. His effort has been consistent, he is just streaky.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:29 AM
  #488
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We have less than no interest in Liles. Stop putting him in offers.
Shucks.

Thought I could sneak him in there.

calcal798 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:33 AM
  #489
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Whether or not Stewart has good work ethic, there isnt a fit for him in the leafs top 6

JVR, Kessel, MacA, Lupul, Frattin, Kulemin, are all capable of being in the 4 top 6 positions

the difference between Stewart and whoever you subtract from our current squad is not worth the cost that it would require to get him out of St Louis

It should be a non-starter

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
  #490
Wallachia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Stewart has been one of the few guys that's been trying every game this year for the Blues. His reputation is completely over blown. He may be streaky with his point production, but I haven't noticed it with his effort.

Wallachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
  #491
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
We don't want to trade him anyway.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:38 AM
  #492
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,281
vCash: 500
Sooooo...Liles?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
  #493
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
if anything was to happen between the two teams id guess that itd be a depth player for a pick/low prospect

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:42 AM
  #494
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 10,072
vCash: 500
Scores 28 twice, has a down year, then loses 20 pounds and 6% body fat to prepare for the season...Lazy ****.

Seriously...Insult his defensive hockey IQ all you want, but don't say the guy is lazy. Hitch flat out said he was too out of shape to not look lazy last year...He's fixed that and is continuing to grow as a player. He's a completely different player than any year he's been in the league.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
  #495
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
This really has been overblown. There have been no issues this year, and he is back to normal. He learned from his mistakes from last season and he got back into shape.

For the people who think he is a power forward, he isn't, he never was, and he never will be. He is essentially a sniper/goal scorer in a big body. He plays on the rush and has a good shot, especially on the backhand.

Just like any other scorer, he is streaky, which is why some people question his effort. His effort has been consistent, he is just streaky.
The Stewart that I saw last year was probably one of the laziest player I have ever seen, especially in the series against the Kings, he didn't use his size nor did he make any good hits, when he had the puck on his stick, he basically rushed it up the ice and just quickly snapped it without putting any effort. He is one of those players that when he is on his game, he is a very fun player to watch.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
  #496
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
You clearly dont know anything about Stewart
Okay, I love how fans from other teams come up with this ******** every time someone has an opinion that differs their. Like seriously, all I hear is one or two sentences that go along the lines " You clearly have never watched X player or X team play, so therefore your opinion is invalid or either u don't know **** about the team or player".
Seriously this is the only excuse u guys come up with?

Thanks for coming out but I have caught Blues games before and I have my own opinion .

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:59 AM
  #497
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We don't want to trade him anyway.
good, then keep him, we have some similar players on our roster who are very good goal-scorers with a big body as well. See JVR, Lupul, Frattin.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:59 AM
  #498
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
The Stewart that I saw last year was probably one of the laziest player I have ever seen, especially in the series against the Kings, he didn't use his size nor did he make any good hits, when he had the puck on his stick, he basically rushed it up the ice and just quickly snapped it without putting any effort. He is one of those players that when he is on his game, he is a very fun player to watch.
He appeared lazy because he was out of shape. He usually doesn't use his body like he can because he never does. That isn't about being lazy, it's just how he plays, he's not a power forward.

He likes to play on the rush, so it makes sense that he shoots off the rush, because he is not great at protecting the puck or playing off the cycle. It appeared that he didn't put the puck on net with much effort because he didn't have the endurance or strength needed to because he was out of shape.

Lazy people don't lose 20 pounds over the summer, they just don't.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
  #499
Hero
Buffy is Back
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALTALK81 View Post
I was thinking Berglund as well but Toronto would love to get their hands on a guy like Halak.
Berglund has great potential, and is young, but sort of a bad fit for Toronto.

2nd line C - Kadri, Grabovski, Bozak
4th line C - McClement

We have three 2nd line C's already, don't need a potential nother one.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:02 PM
  #500
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,669
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Okay, I love how fans from other teams come up with this ******** every time someone has an opinion that differs their. Like seriously, all I hear is one or two sentences that go along the lines " You clearly have never watched X player or X team play, so therefore your opinion is invalid or either u don't know **** about the team or player".
Seriously this is the only excuse u guys come up with?

Thanks for coming out but I have caught Blues games before and I have my own opinion .
You watched games from last season, not this season, big difference.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.