HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Booth to Columbus

Old
03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Brooklanders*

vCash: 500
Canucks fans always overvalue players. Just look at what they want for Cory friggin Schneider?
Every offer includes Ballard and Raymond.
Booth was aquired for alot less than what they want in return but only because the proposal is from a CBJ fan.
He has value but not for the younger players CBJ rather keep. Anisimov, Brassard and Dubinsky are guys that could be part of the future. No problem dealing Atkinson away for Booth.
Vancouver is in win now mode so the trade really would have to be something of value now.
I dont see the Canucks moving him unless they want to reload for the future. If Kesler is going to be out awhile than i dont see how trading BOOTH helps the team

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Mmmmaybe. Kind of a lateral move.

Understandable. And no, Dubinsky is not available. He's kind of important here.

Absolutely not a chance in hell. Booth for Umby straight up is a lateral move. Throw in the first and it's a ripoff.

Brassard's the only one of those guys who's available. In particular, including Atkinson in the discussion is a good way to get you flamed - he's on the list of "don't even think about it" type like the two Ryans (Murray and Johansen).

Overall impression I'm getting here is that the Canucks don't really need to trade Booth, and what they're after if they try anyways are assets the Jackets aren't really prepared to give up.
Evven with the 1st added, there is no way Vancouver wants Umberger. When Burke traded Umberger, Umberger and his mouth burned his bridges for any chance to return to the Canucks. Not only is he disliked by a number of key roster players on the Canucks, he is probably the second most disliked player to have ever played for the Canucks next to Messier by the Vancouver fans.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Canucks fans always overvalue players. Just look at what they want for Cory friggin Schneider?
Every offer includes Ballard and Raymond.
Booth was aquired for alot less than what they want in return but only because the proposal is from a CBJ fan.
He has value but not for the younger players CBJ rather keep. Anisimov, Brassard and Dubinsky are guys that could be part of the future. No problem dealing Atkinson away for Booth.
Vancouver is in win now mode so the trade really would have to be something of value now.
I dont see the Canucks moving him unless they want to reload for the future. If Kesler is going to be out awhile than i dont see how trading BOOTH helps the team
Unfortunately every team's fans over value their players. As fans we have connections to them that go beyond on ice performance (or underperformance). Most players are never as highly valued or "dump" worthy as depicted by fans. That's what makes proposal threads entertaining.

That being said, I don't enjoy when proposals are so lopsided (not necessarily this thread). That's simply annoying.

Xoggz22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

IMO he is heading for a Cheechoo career path.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Epimetheus

Why would CBJ want Booth?They're are in rebuilding mode and I don't think Booth is a good solution for them.I would love to get a decent return for him but CBJ wouldn't be an ideal trading partner.

Epimetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:54 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Bieksa3 View Post
Don't do it CBJ! He's garbage.
When a guy scores 30 goals on a pretty bad(at that point of time) Panthers team, he is certainly no garbage.

ViD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:08 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
His value is around decent 2nd with his contract, but if he was traded it'd before an improvement to centre. I don't think the Canucks would be looking for a star. Anisimov, Brassard and Dubinsky would be the type of player Vancouver would want, which picks going which way to even things up would be the only difficulty.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:57 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
IMO he is heading for a Cheechoo career path.
In what sense exactly?

Who is the stud playmaking Center of the Joe Thornton ilk that Booth has put up his goal totals with? He's also still got GREAT wheels...which Cheechoo never had, and couldn't afford to get any slower, and when he did his career was hooped. Really not the same situation at all.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:47 AM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
Just curious, but how much does a typical second line player make? From ~3.5M to 4.5M? Just wondering if I'm close at all, as that's where Booth ranges from, and there are multiple second line players that produce near the same level as Booth for around the same salary.

OgoBoHo is online now   Reply With Quote