HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 12:19 AM
  #626
JC Numminen
#goldrush
 
JC Numminen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westman
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Sutter and the Blades are one loss away from the Wait of Shame. What an embarrassment As one of the "leaders" on the team I can't imagine it makes him look too good. Guess they can rest for a month and half and then beat up on worn-down Halifax and the other league champs. I boldly said Sutter would get his ELC with the Jets this summer but yeeeahhh guess I will eat some crow.
There should almost be a rule that you must make it out of round 1 if you are the memorial cup hosts I can see the Blades loosing the series 4-0 and winning the memorial cup vs teams that had to work there *** off to make it there.

JC Numminen is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:24 AM
  #627
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
He probably still gets an ELC.

They will likely have to replace Cormier on the next year as he will be waiver eligible and probably won't be shuttled back and forth.

He was a 2nd round pick after all, so I imagine they will try to salvage him.
Jets don't have to sign Sutter though. Sutter is clearly nowhere near NHL ready, so he is not going to be a callup next year, and the Jets still hold his exclusive rights. So they can just sign him to St. John's and evaluate him in AHL for a year before making an ELC decision on him.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:22 AM
  #628
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,781
vCash: 777
Think about this next year. A line of Kane/Scheifele/Lowry. 6'3 200/6'3 195/6'5 210. That would be a huge line

Joe Hallenback is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
  #629
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,891
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Think about this next year. A line of Kane/Scheifele/Lowry. 6'3 200/6'3 195/6'5 210. That would be a huge line
I've been thinking about that the last few weeks.

Scheifele at centre, but I think both Kane/Lowry are left handed so one would need to play on the off-wing. Not a huge deal.

Lowry is a giant dude who will drive the net at every opportunity and lay a beating. Scheifele has grown into a great set-up man and could feed Kane pucks all day. And from what we've seen from Kane lately it could go the other way too.

__________________

These violent delights... have violent ends
KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
  #630
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Think about this next year. A line of Kane/Scheifele/Lowry. 6'3 200/6'3 195/6'5 210. That would be a huge line
I think it's better for young players to play their natural positions, at least in the early stages. Lowry would be better at C or LW, I think.

But I have always liked the idea of a Kane/Scheifele pairing. You could put a good defensive forward or responsible grinder on RW, and probably still have a productive line (down the road). Someone like Wright might be a nice complement to them, if he could play RW effectively.

Down the road, I could see Lowry playing with Burmistrov. I think Burmi brings a lot of skill in entering the offensive zone, and Lowry's net-front presence and good hands would be a positive.

LLW
Kane-Scheifele-?
Lowry-Burmi-?

That's a nice start, though Lowry is probably a couple of years away.

Whileee is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
  #631
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,842
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Think about this next year. A line of Kane/Scheifele/Lowry. 6'3 200/6'3 195/6'5 210. That would be a huge line
I think most of us are hoping this will happen (as soon as Lowry is ready).

Obviously can't foresee the future and know if they have chemistry of if it works, but it seems to have the foundation of a pretty good trio. A shooter who can skate, and also likes to hit, a big centreman with good hands that can also shoot but has good vision and is a good passer, and a big, 6'5" winger that can make space, cycle, good to the net, but also has scoring ability of his own.

Seems like a good match on paper.

Huffer is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
  #632
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 10,167
vCash: 500
Adam Lowry is now potentially one elimination game away from being free to be signed by the Jets and taking his first steps into a pro career. Of course they could sign him today but are waiting until his WHL season plays out.

Just sayin'.

Chevy, sign that man!

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:31 AM
  #633
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,891
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Adam Lowry is now potentially one elimination game away from being free to be signed by the Jets and taking his first steps into a pro career. Of course they could sign him today but are waiting until his WHL season plays out.

Just sayin'.

Chevy, sign that man!
There's really no reason not to sign him. I hope they can get further in the playoffs but at the same time I want the peace of mind that he's signed.

KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:08 AM
  #634
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Really only makes sense that he hasn't signed yet cause it would be a distraction for him during his teams playoffs.

If Swift Current gets eliminated soon then it would seem to follow that he would sign and do the ATO thing to head to St. Johns.

Rheged is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:10 AM
  #635
Nothing Is New
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
G Connor Hellebucyk has quietly had a tremendous season and Big East Tournament for U Mass Lowell (shut out BU 1-0). He faces a big test Thursday night against the Wisconsin Badgers. Hellebucyk is a big kid (6'4" and 200 lbs) and is just a freshman. The HF prospects write-up has not caught up with his excellent season and it is likely he moves to the front of the Jets goalie prospects. Guy has real potential and looks like a draft steal.

Nothing Is New is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
  #636
Ulf Hullberg
Registered User
 
Ulf Hullberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Sign & ship Lowry to the rock as soon as the Broncos are done.

Ulf Hullberg is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:41 AM
  #637
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,463
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf Hullberg View Post
Sign & ship Lowry to the rock as soon as the Broncos are done.
I agree

Flair Hay is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:40 PM
  #638
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,891
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is New View Post
G Connor Hellebucyk has quietly had a tremendous season and Big East Tournament for U Mass Lowell (shut out BU 1-0). He faces a big test Thursday night against the Wisconsin Badgers. Hellebucyk is a big kid (6'4" and 200 lbs) and is just a freshman. The HF prospects write-up has not caught up with his excellent season and it is likely he moves to the front of the Jets goalie prospects. Guy has real potential and looks like a draft steal.
Nothing quiet about it in this thread! He's one of the huge reasons UMass is still in. Stole the starter job in his first year.

KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
  #639
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,764
vCash: 5585
Wow. Barrie's Ryan O'Connor just got slammed with a 10 game suspension for a hit to the head.

A) Huge loss for Barrie, O'Connor is the team's captain and has been one of the best defenseman in the entire OHL season this year. He's an offensive force from the backend for the team.

B) Doesn't really look like a head hit. Here's the video:



Of note: The blood from the Kingston player is actually a result of his chin hitting the ice, not of the hit itself.

Sweech is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
  #640
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,891
vCash: 50
Ouch, that's a crazy punishment for that hit.

O'Connor is a key player for the Colts so that's terrible news.

KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
  #641
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20,016
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Wow. Barrie's Ryan O'Connor just got slammed with a 10 game suspension for a hit to the head.

A) Huge loss for Barrie, O'Connor is the team's captain and has been one of the best defenseman in the entire OHL season this year. He's an offensive force from the backend for the team.

B) Doesn't really look like a head hit. Here's the video:



Of note: The blood from the Kingston player is actually a result of his chin hitting the ice, not of the hit itself.
10 games seems really high from what I saw? what is the ruling?

He never left his feet....didn't bring and elbow to the head that I witnessed? It was pretty violent but didn't seem dirty?

well this kind of blows for Barrie.

ps241 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
  #642
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,891
vCash: 50
I don't understand it at all. I don't even recall O'Connor being a repeat offender.

Ekblad will have to step up and play more minutes in those games. If I'm not mistaken he played around 30 last game.

KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  #643
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds
 
StronGeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Down by the bay
Posts: 10,193
vCash: 1337
This sucks hard for Barrie. Great opportunity for Scheif to step up his leadership another level, having lost the team captain now.

StronGeer is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  #644
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 6,173
vCash: 500
really, really dislike that call. That is exactly the sort of head hit that is unavoidable.


i played it over in slow mo.

dman lines up his check, he's got a clean shot at torso/should

pucks in the forwards skates and he turns his head and looks down once the dmans already got his upward motion started IE: comitted to the check.


Dman had a clean hit lined up, adn the forward took it away from him at the same time he committed. theres no way to not catch a player high who literally turns his face into your shoulder.


I'm usually super against any sort of high hits and think a lot of times guys use the excuse ofbeing committed when it isn't really fair, but this was nuts. the dmans practically made contact before the forward turns his headdown, its that late.


i could see a suspension because its a high hit, but 10 games? ri-****ing-diculous

Grind is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:25 PM
  #645
TCsmyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
really, really dislike that call. That is exactly the sort of head hit that is unavoidable.


i played it over in slow mo.

dman lines up his check, he's got a clean shot at torso/should

pucks in the forwards skates and he turns his head and looks down once the dmans already got his upward motion started IE: comitted to the check.


Dman had a clean hit lined up, adn the forward took it away from him at the same time he committed. theres no way to not catch a player high who literally turns his face into your shoulder.


I'm usually super against any sort of high hits and think a lot of times guys use the excuse ofbeing committed when it isn't really fair, but this was nuts. the dmans practically made contact before the forward turns his headdown, its that late.


i could see a suspension because its a high hit, but 10 games? ri-****ing-diculous
TOTALLY AGREE Grind...this is the kind of ridiculous suspension that makes me shake my head. That was a frikkin CLEAN hit...skaters need to take responsibility for where they are on the ice and how they venture to those positions. 10 game suspension?????

I feel very sorry for the O'Connor kid...he must feel devastated

TCsmyth is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
  #646
KillEmAll83
Registered User
 
KillEmAll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,891
vCash: 50
OHL



Barrie Colts 8 - Kingston Frontenacs 2
Game 4 - Colts win series 4-0
Last Updated: Final


PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Mark Scheifele123+30

1. BAR M. Theoret, (4) (M. Scheifele), 0:10
1. BAR E. Bradford, (1) (J. Dotchin, M. Scheifele), 4:26
1. BAR M. Scheifele, (4) (Z. Hall, M. Theoret), 16:12




WHL


Saskatoon Blades 1 - Medicine Hat Tigers 3
Game 4 - Tigers win series 4-0
Last Updated: Final

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Lukas Sutter101-10

3. SAS L. Sutter, (2) (C. Valcourt, N. Nogier), 7:36


Kelowna Rockets 4 - Seattle Thunderbirds 0
Game 4 - Thunderbirds lead 3-1
Last Updated: Final

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Ryan Olsen022+12

1. KEL T. Baillie, (3) (Z. Franko, R. Olsen), 11:24 (PP)
1. KEL M. Bell, (2) (T. Baillie, R. Olsen), 13:45 (PP)

1 - KEL R. Olsen, 7:14 - Cross Checking, 2 min (PP)



QMJHL


Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4 - Acadie-Bathurst Titans 1
Game 4 - Armada lead 3-1
Last Updated: Final

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Yasin Cisse000+02

3 - BLB Yasin Cisse, 9:52 - Interference of a player or a goaltender, (1.42) (PP)


Last edited by KillEmAll83: 03-27-2013 at 11:37 PM.
KillEmAll83 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM
  #647
amyles
We The North
 
amyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Good start for the Colts. Scheifele with 2 assists in the first 5 minutes.

amyles is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
  #648
jetkarma*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wpg/Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
Good start for the Colts. Scheifele with 2 assists in the first 5 minutes.
Done with the flu

jetkarma* is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:23 PM
  #649
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,603
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
Good start for the Colts. Scheifele with 2 assists in the first 5 minutes.
...and he just ran a Kingston player down behind their net while on the PK, forced a turnover, then hit the post on a shot from the slot. Beast mode.

YWGinYYZ is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
  #650
amyles
We The North
 
amyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Done with the flu
Nope, this is him playing with the flu. You should expect a lot more production out of him when he is healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
...and he just ran a Kingston player down behind their net while on the PK, forced a turnover, then hit the post on a shot from the slot. Beast mode.
I'm so jealous of you. I wish I could watch the game.

amyles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.