HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 03:42 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

vCash: 1337
If he can just transition that game to the NHL, he could be a bona fide 1C in a few years.

Speed, size, skill, good shot, vision and leadership. What more do you want? Looks like he won't be joining St. John's for a playoff run this year, so looks like he'll get more time to hit the gym, which is good. Just hope for the best.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
If he can just transition that game to the NHL, he could be a bona fide 1C in a few years.

Speed, size, skill, good shot, vision and leadership. What more do you want? Looks like he won't be joining St. John's for a playoff run this year, so looks like he'll get more time to hit the gym, which is good. Just hope for the best.
If Barrie happens to get upset in the first round Scheifele could still come up for the final 9+ games for the IceCaps, and with the complete lack of depth down there right now he would get many more quality minutes than he saw late last season with the IceCaps...

Old
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

From Illegal Curve:
Quote:
Jets announce that University of Michigan defenceman and Jets draft pick Jacob Trouba has been named to the 2013 CCHA All-Rookie Team.
Good way to start Trouba! All the buzz may be about Mark b/c he's tearing it up right now. But gotta remember that Trouba has been very impressive this year as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If Barrie happens to get upset in the first round Scheifele could still come up for the final 9+ games for the IceCaps, and with the complete lack of depth down there right now he would get many more quality minutes than he saw late last season with the IceCaps...
Which begs the question; would it be better experience to go on a Memorial Cup run, or get a handful of games on the Rock? I honestly don't know.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:07 PM
JetsHomer

I highly doubt Kingston or Mississauga will be able to upset Barrie.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
From Illegal Curve:

Good way to start Trouba! All the buzz may be about Mark b/c he's tearing it up right now. But gotta remember that Trouba has been very impressive this year as well.

Which begs the question; would it be better experience to go on a Memorial Cup run, or get a handful of games on the Rock? I honestly don't know.
Definitely a memorial cup run. There is nothing better than winning a championship.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Aerial

Quote:

Memorial Cup, no question. Leading a top junior team through a long playoff grind towards a championship beats a handful of meaningless games on a bad AHL team any day, and lots of players look back on Memorial Cup wins as a top moment of their careers. A long playoff run for Barrie would be an awesome experience for him.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:20 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Memorial Cup, no question. Leading a top junior team through a long playoff grind towards a championship beats a handful of meaningless games on a bad AHL team any day, and lots of players look back on Memorial Cup wins as a top moment of their careers. A long playoff run for Barrie would be an awesome experience for him.
Plus one!

Old
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
KillEmAll83

vCash: 50

These violent delights... have violent ends
Old
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post

Looking at his stick makes me wonder if he is trying to emulate Enstrom? That looks like a very long stick , no?

Old
03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

Quote:
While I agree that it would be better to develop his leadership in a championship scenario, I think that the play in the AHL is more like the play in the NHL so it could be better for his game to play against AHL teams. Bigger players, more defence, better goaltending etc. It would be more relevant experience in terms of the style/caliber of play. Devil's advocate.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:40 PM
ahplk

Quote:
While I agree that it would be better to develop his leadership in a championship scenario, I think that the play in the AHL is more like the play in the NHL so it could be better for his game to play against AHL teams. Bigger players, more defence, better goaltending etc. It would be more relevant experience in terms of the style/caliber of play. Devil's advocate.
If Jaffray's account of some guys on St. John's mailing it in for the rest of the year is correct (likely), that's not a place I'd want him going when the alternative could be a Memorial Cup run.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahplk View Post
If Jaffray's account of some guys on St. John's mailing it in for the rest of the year is correct (likely), that's not a place I'd want him going when the alternative could be a Memorial Cup run.
Yeah...

If there was no suspected attitude issues going on than I would say even on a crappy team I'll take the highest quality of competition bar none... but that adds a whole new layer to it. I think I'd might agree.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Boreal

It's nice to have two high grade A-list prospects in Scheifele and Trouba, and a very good grade B-list prospect in Lowry. It's certainly something to look forward to. Hopefully Telegin can develop nicely out on The Rock.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:39 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1517
Quote:
Agreed. You have to love Mark's attitude and commitment. I really believe this kid will reach the upper limit of his potential, whatever that my be. There is little doubt he will be in a Jets jersey for years to come.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:22 AM
KillEmAll83

Not terribly surprising but Scheifele is the OHL player of the week (March 4 to 10).

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...he-week/140279

Old
03-12-2013, 12:28 AM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

Quote:
Not terribly surprising but Scheifele is the OHL player of the week (March 4 to 10).

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...he-week/140279
Not surprising at all. I mean, is there anything he can't do? He's even said multiple times that he'll play y'know goalie if that's what the team needs

Old
03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Not surprising at all. I mean, is there anything he can't do? He's even said multiple times that he'll play y'know goalie if that's what the team needs
I think it kind of is...?

Hmmmm

Old
03-12-2013, 09:41 AM
KillEmAll83

"Mark Scheifele records first career shutout along with 4 assists in goalie debut"

Old
03-12-2013, 10:47 AM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

Quote:
"Mark Scheifele records first career shutout along with 4 assists in goalie debut"

Of course! He would still be a playmaker deep down.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Rheged
JMFT

Quote:
Gus Katsaros ‏@KatsHockey
Prospect Update: Laughton, Kosmachuk, Leivo, Ceci via @416_musings http://www.mckeenshockey.com/gus-kat...uk-leivo-ceci/ … #Leafs #Flyers #Senators #Jets
Relevant part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKeen's Hockey
SCOTT KOSMACHUK (WINNIPEG JETS), RW, GUELPH STORM

5’11, 187 lbs, DOB: January 24, 1994

As the Guelph Storm’s leading scorer and engine behind the team’s top line, Scott Kosmachuk provides a dynamic offensive presence, particularly in the attacking zone. Kosmachuk’s offensive talent is driven by strong puck skills and the ability to execute with very little time and space. Kosmachuk thrives in corners and crowded ice and is able to maintain the Storm’s offensive zone presence by either stickhandling his way out or by firing a pass to a linemate. While playmaking is a strength, finishing plays comes naturally as well – two traits evident when observing Kosmachuk perform during powerplays. Kosmachuk can be effective when the game becomes gritty and he is able to offer a strong presence in the slot. While not a two-way forward in the traditional sense, Kosmachuk’s quickness with his stick allows him to be effective without the puck as well. Developing a larger identity in the defensive zone would provide the Storm with a more potent transition game.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Whileee

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-sco...0564--nhl.html

Quote:
So how about the 2012 first round? How might that unfold in the eyes of a scouting panel if we were to re-convene today? After a half season of evaluation to consider, here’s the revised order based on voting for the top 50 prospects in Future Watch 2013.

1. Nail Yakupov, RW (actually taken 1st by Edmonton)
2. Alex Galchenyuk, C (taken 3rd by Montreal)
3. Ryan Murray, D (taken 2nd by Columbus)
4. Jacob Trouba, D (taken 9th by Winnipeg)
5. Hampus Lindholm, D (taken 6th by Anaheim)
6. Mikhail Grigorenko, C (taken 12th by Buffalo)
7. Morgan Rielly, D (taken 5th by Toronto)
8. Filip Forsberg, RW (taken 11th by Washington)
9. Griffin Reinhart, D (taken 4th by NY Islanders)
10. Andrey Vasilevski, G (taken 19th by Tampa Bay)
11. Teuvo Teravainen, C (taken 18th by Chicago)
12. Scott Laughton, C (taken 20th by Philadelphia)
13. Tomas Hertl, C (taken 17th by San Jose)
14. Olli Maatta, D (taken 22nd by Pittsburgh)
15. Derrick Pouliot, D (taken 8th by Pittsburgh)
16. Malcolm Subban, G (taken 24th by Boston)
17. Mathew Dumba, D (taken 7th by Minnesota)
18. Zemgus Girgensons, C (taken 14th by Buffalo)
19. Radek Faksa, C (taken 13th by Dallas)
20. Tom Wilson, RW (taken 16th by Washington)
21. Stefan Matteau, C (taken 29th by New Jersey)
22. Mike Matheson, D (taken 23rd by Florida)
23. Oscar Dansk, G (taken 31st by Columbus)
24. Henrik Samuelsson, C (taken 27th by Phoenix)
25. Mark Jankowski, C (taken 21st by Calgary)

Old
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
#winning

Look at Grigs and Forsberg below Trouba. I take back everything I said on draft day.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:03 PM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
so our boy Jacob sits just behind the big 3.....if i wasn't a Jets fan I would still agree Trouba belongs in the top 4.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

We should also point out where Morgan Reilly sits to all the Laughs fans that stray over here

Old
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
We should also point out where Morgan Reilly sits to all the Laughs fans that stray over here
leaf nation will just assume it is the Winnipeg bias in the media again......everyone hates us for being the centre of Canada

Closed Thread