HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

La/clb

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 07:56 AM
  #1
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
La/clb

Brassard, Bobrovsky
for
Bernier, 3rd

LA gets a forward with upside/may need change of scenery, 1 yr left
back up goalie , RFA

CLB gets young G to start
descent pick

Flame away!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:28 AM
  #2
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
my only issue is: Last summer, Colombus had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of Bobrovsky.

Why did they trade for Bobrovsky among all their options, and what happened since last summer that could make them change their mind and now acquire Bernier?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:59 AM
  #3
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
my only issue is: Last summer, Colombus had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of Bobrovsky.

Why did they trade for Bobrovsky among all their options, and what happened since last summer that could make them change their mind and now acquire Bernier?
IF they could of had Bernie for a 2nd instead of Bob I would be surprised they didnt take that instead...........I think LA is asking for more for Bernier and only way they move him is if they get a solid back up and a good piece like Brassard. Yea he has underachieved but one yr left on his deal its worth a look if they have cap space

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:12 AM
  #4
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gorillaz-EPWRID
Country: United States
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Brassard, Bobrovsky
for
Bernier, 3rd

LA gets a forward with upside/may need change of scenery, 1 yr left
back up goalie , RFA

CLB gets young G to start
descent pick

Flame away!
Brassard wouldn't work in LA, they have no room at center for him.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:31 AM
  #5
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: undisclosed
Country: United States
Posts: 29,408
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
my only issue is: Last summer, Colombus had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of Bobrovsky.
And in February that year, we'd had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of a 1st round pick.

Bernier is not seen as The Answer here. We've got young goaltenders, good goaltending prospects, et cetera. The ONLY repeat ONLY goaltending-related deal Columbus will do for fair market value is for an established, proven, full-time NHL starter. That means - unless they come over in deals that are clearly wins for Columbus - no Bishop, no Schneider, and no Bernier.

This is not an acceptable deal to Columbus.

(And as another poster already noted, I'd be surprised if it's OK with LA considering their center depth over there.)

__________________
"...on hf boards nothing matters until you have had 5 years of success and then you're declining anyways so you suck" --Seanaconda

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:38 AM
  #6
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,526
vCash: 500
Brassard has the same age as Kopi.

Yet it feels like Kopitar has been in the league for ages and that Brassard is still a promising prospect. Reality is that he doesnt need a change of scenery. He's just not good enough and is able to put up some points because he gets too much ice time for a limited player like him.

Bobrovsky isnt very appealing either.

From a Kings point of view. Bernier is not the answer in Columbus. Bobrovsky and Mason are. Now the Kings can collect some free points every season.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:39 AM
  #7
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
And in February that year, we'd had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of a 1st round pick.

Bernier is not seen as The Answer here. We've got young goaltenders, good goaltending prospects, et cetera. The ONLY repeat ONLY goaltending-related deal Columbus will do for fair market value is for an established, proven, full-time NHL starter. That means - unless they come over in deals that are clearly wins for Columbus - no Bishop, no Schneider, and no Bernier.

This is not an acceptable deal to Columbus.

(And as another poster already noted, I'd be surprised if it's OK with LA considering their center depth over there.)
when I scan the league(outside looking in) CLB seems like a team that needs a Goalie......Bobrovsky is not a bad stop gap but Mason is showing he's a backup at best.

Just think if anyone is going to get a new goalie it would be CLB for next yr anyway.

At the same time I could make the deal Nabokov and Bailey for Bernier and a pick and feel the same way :-)

Both Isles and CLB need a goalie next yr


Last edited by Vitto79: 03-02-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:49 AM
  #8
dj33habs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Brassard, Bobrovsky
for
Bernier, 3rd

LA gets a forward with upside/may need change of scenery, 1 yr left
back up goalie , RFA

CLB gets young G to start
descent pick

Flame away!
Bernier is not worth that much. Time and time again people over evaluate back up goalies. Wether it's bernier or Schneider there sample size of playing on the nhl is to small for the value people ask. If you want a return for your young backup goalie look at what. Nashville got for Lindback. That is all

dj33habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:12 AM
  #9
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj33habs View Post
Bernier is not worth that much. Time and time again people over evaluate back up goalies. Wether it's bernier or Schneider there sample size of playing on the nhl is to small for the value people ask. If you want a return for your young backup goalie look at what. Nashville got for Lindback. That is all
I dont see Brassard having that much value given his blah play. Bobrovsky got a 2nd and yea Lindback is a good reference.

I just think Bernier has never had a shot at being a starter and he should, CLB or NYI are a fit

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:12 AM
  #10
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: undisclosed
Country: United States
Posts: 29,408
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
when I scan the league(outside looking in) CLB seems like a team that needs a Goalie......Bobrovsky is not a bad stop gap but Mason is showing he's a backup at best.

Just think if anyone is going to get a new goalie it would be CLB for next yr anyway.

At the same time I could make the deal Nabokov and Bailey for Bernier and a pick and feel the same way :-)

Both Isles and CLB need a goalie next yr
Columbus does in fact need a starting goaltender, yes.

Bernier is not a starting goaltender.

We've been through this "he might be a starter", "he's going to be a starter", "we're confident he will be a starter" mishegaas before. We're not getting fooled again.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:24 AM
  #11
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Columbus does in fact need a starting goaltender, yes.

Bernier is not a starting goaltender.

We've been through this "he might be a starter", "he's going to be a starter", "we're confident he will be a starter" mishegaas before. We're not getting fooled again.
any UFA goalies even around? Backstrom and Howard back to their respective teams likely no?


Player Pos Team Age Cap Hit Expiry
Backstrom, Niklas » G MIN 35 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Khabibulin, Nikolai » G EDM 40 $3,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Nabokov, Evgeni » G NYI 37 $2,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Howard, Jimmy » G DET 28 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Smith, Mike » G PHX 30 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Theodore, Jose » G FLA 36 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Mason, Chris » G NAS 36 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Garon, Mathieu » G TBL 35 $1,300,000 2013 (UFA)
Labarbera, Jason » G PHX 33 $1,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Emery, Ray » G CHI 30 $1,150,000 2013 (UFA)
Budaj, Peter » G MTL 30 $1,150,000 2013 (UFA)
Nilstorp, Cristopher » G DAL 29 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Boucher, Brian » G PHI 36 $950,000 2013 (UFA)
Leighton, Michael » G PHI 31 $900,000 2013 (UFA)
Khudobin, Anton » G BOS 26 $875,000 2013 (UFA)
Karlsson, Henrik » G CHI 29 $862,500 2013 (UFA)
Ellis, Dan » G CAR 32 $800,000 2013 (UFA)
Montoya, Al » G WIN 28 $601,000 2013 (UFA)
Greiss, Thomas » G SJS 27 $587,500 2013 (UFA)
MacDonald, Joey » G CGY 33 $550,000 2013 (UFA)

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:32 AM
  #12
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,575
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
And in February that year, we'd had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of a 1st round pick.

Bernier is not seen as The Answer here. We've got young goaltenders, good goaltending prospects, et cetera. The ONLY repeat ONLY goaltending-related deal Columbus will do for fair market value is for an established, proven, full-time NHL starter. That means - unless they come over in deals that are clearly wins for Columbus - no Bishop, no Schneider, and no Bernier.

This is not an acceptable deal to Columbus.

(And as another poster already noted, I'd be surprised if it's OK with LA considering their center depth over there.)
This.

LA would have no need for Brassard anyway.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:33 AM
  #13
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,575
vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
any UFA goalies even around? Backstrom and Howard back to their respective teams likely no?


Player Pos Team Age Cap Hit Expiry
Backstrom, Niklas » G MIN 35 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Khabibulin, Nikolai » G EDM 40 $3,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Nabokov, Evgeni » G NYI 37 $2,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Howard, Jimmy » G DET 28 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Smith, Mike » G PHX 30 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Theodore, Jose » G FLA 36 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Mason, Chris » G NAS 36 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Garon, Mathieu » G TBL 35 $1,300,000 2013 (UFA)
Labarbera, Jason » G PHX 33 $1,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Emery, Ray » G CHI 30 $1,150,000 2013 (UFA)
Budaj, Peter » G MTL 30 $1,150,000 2013 (UFA)
Nilstorp, Cristopher » G DAL 29 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Boucher, Brian » G PHI 36 $950,000 2013 (UFA)
Leighton, Michael » G PHI 31 $900,000 2013 (UFA)
Khudobin, Anton » G BOS 26 $875,000 2013 (UFA)
Karlsson, Henrik » G CHI 29 $862,500 2013 (UFA)
Ellis, Dan » G CAR 32 $800,000 2013 (UFA)
Montoya, Al » G WIN 28 $601,000 2013 (UFA)
Greiss, Thomas » G SJS 27 $587,500 2013 (UFA)
MacDonald, Joey » G CGY 33 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Yes, I think Howie and Bäcks both will re-sign. Clb has time on it's side, team won't contend for cup until 5 years or so imo. No need to rush these things.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:34 AM
  #14
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Meow-ntain
Posts: 33,429
vCash: 69
LA is going to want a first rounder more than anything. But when we get down to brass tacks, LA and CBS aren't trading good partners for moving Bernier

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
  #15
Knight of the Realm
Kempe
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Deal doesn't work for LA. No room at center.

LA should hold onto Bernier unless a cant refuse deal is made at the deadline. He should be moved at the draft. Id be happy with a 2cd and a 3rd honestly. I think Bernier deserves the chance to be a starter, he has been very good this year in his five or six games. LA is one of the top defensive teams which helps too, but the goaltending is a big part of that.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:39 AM
  #16
damacles1156
Registered User
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 18,890
vCash: 500
Jarmo will most likely want to draft his own Goalie...

I am sure Davidson and His GM have support for a full rebuild.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
  #17
Oilersfan2487
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
my only issue is: Last summer, Colombus had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of Bobrovsky.

Why did they trade for Bobrovsky among all their options, and what happened since last summer that could make them change their mind and now acquire Bernier?
Well, I think the biggest factor in changing their mind is that they have different management in place since the summer.

Oilersfan2487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:53 AM
  #18
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Brassard, Bobrovsky
for
Bernier, 3rd

LA gets a forward with upside/may need change of scenery, 1 yr left
back up goalie , RFA

CLB gets young G to start
descent pick

Flame away!
Kings say no easliy No offense to Bassard ability but the kings are as already pointed out very deep at center. The price for la to trade Bernier is starts with a first and add young top 6 prospect. Yes this is high but it was confirmed on tsn between periods by darren dregar. Dean went on record before the year saying he is not on the market nor likely to be If u want confirmation of this read http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/01/dean-...-too-valuable/ So no ty

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:54 AM
  #19
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Brassard has the same age as Kopi.

Yet it feels like Kopitar has been in the league for ages and that Brassard is still a promising prospect. Reality is that he doesnt need a change of scenery. He's just not good enough and is able to put up some points because he gets too much ice time for a limited player like him.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Kopitar playing over 200 more NHL games than Brassard, or the fact that Kopitar was in the NHL in 2005 and Brassard in 2008 (where he was injured and lost for the season after 31 games).

By the same token, Bernier was taken 5 picks after Brassard at the 2006 draft and also hasn't established himself.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
  #20
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Kopitar playing over 200 more NHL games than Brassard, or the fact that Kopitar was in the NHL in 2005 and Brassard in 2008 (where he was injured and lost for the season after 31 games).

By the same token, Bernier was taken 5 picks after Brassard at the 2006 draft and also hasn't established himself.
Comparing Brassard and bernier is wrong. Goalies take alot longer to develope then a center. Also you have to look at opportunity to play and have to admit its not bernier fault hes stuck behind quick who has turned in vesina quality season. Where as whos brassard stuck behind ummm no one.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:12 AM
  #21
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Meow-ntain
Posts: 33,429
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post


By the same token, Bernier was taken 5 picks after Brassard at the 2006 draft and also hasn't established himself.
Horrible comparison...goalies take much longer to develop that forwards and there is one starting goalie spot per team vs 12 forward spots

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:50 AM
  #22
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Columbus does in fact need a starting goaltender, yes.

Bernier is not a starting goaltender.

We've been through this "he might be a starter", "he's going to be a starter", "we're confident he will be a starter" mishegaas before. We're not getting fooled again.
Have you watched Bernier at all this year? Every goalie has "his time" when he is ready to be the #1. last season I wasn't as sure but seeing his play this year, he is ready.

I think Dean is smart in holding on to him, continue his good play and get the most out of him in the offseason.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:53 AM
  #23
McMozesmadness
5-14-6-1
 
McMozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
LA can get more

McMozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:59 AM
  #24
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 500
LA wants more for Bernier. Columbus doesn't want to give up much for him given their situation.

Overall I think this is a no.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:46 PM
  #25
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Kopitar playing over 200 more NHL games than Brassard, or the fact that Kopitar was in the NHL in 2005 and Brassard in 2008 (where he was injured and lost for the season after 31 games).

By the same token, Bernier was taken 5 picks after Brassard at the 2006 draft and also hasn't established himself.
I think you missed the point. We dont have to disuss who is more talented. The point is that Brassard hasnt lived up to expectations and I doubt he ever will. How and why is irrelevant.

Bernier has done everything what has been asked from him, both in the AHL and as back-up in the NHL. There's just one goalie spot and 12 spots available for forwards.

BTW. Kopitar's first season was 2006.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Horrible comparison...goalies take much longer to develop that forwards and there is one starting goalie spot per team vs 12 forward spots
Scary, I had not even read your reply and you almost say the exact same thing..


Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 03-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.