HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

La/clb

Old
03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2487 View Post
Well, I think the biggest factor in changing their mind is that they have different management in place since the summer.
"They have a new GM, so all the old BS that any sensible GM who knows what the org has can now be recycled!"

Yeah. No. Ain't gonna happen.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:27 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Kings wouldn't want a center in return and wouldn't been eager to add a 3rd considering they already don't have a 1st. No good from LA's point of view

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Don't see how this addresses any of the Kings' needs, plus as others already mentioned, are the Jackets going to throw in the towel on Bobrovsky already? Although I do understand that was under previous management, it's tough to say how much they value another untested goalie as their starter.

I think Tampa Bay may be a better trading partner for the Kings given how they have no confidence in Lindback right now and Garon will not be the answer for them in net. Brett Connolly and the Lightning 1st would be the perfect return for Bernier.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:09 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Don't see how this addresses any of the Kings' needs, plus as others already mentioned, are the Jackets going to throw in the towel on Bobrovsky already? Although I do understand that was under previous management, it's tough to say how much they value another untested goalie as their starter.

I think Tampa Bay may be a better trading partner for the Kings given how they have no confidence in Lindback right now and Garon will not be the answer for them in net. Brett Connolly and the Lightning 1st would be the perfect return for Bernier.
i would agree Tampa Bay would be a good spot and love that return. It seem to me i recall Bob Mackenzie saying on air that we were offered that at the deadline last year but it was before quick was signed long term and we had no one to replace bernier as a backup. ( ok bob said first and top prospect but it was later learned it was connely offered)

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i would agree Tampa Bay would be a good spot and love that return. It seem to me i recall Bob Mackenzie saying on air that we were offered that at the deadline last year but it was before quick was signed long term and we had no one to replace bernier as a backup. ( ok bob said first and top prospect but it was later learned it was connely offered)
And we should have taken that. We may still get a similar return, but that would have been ideal. Connolly is going to be a good player.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
No way the Bolts do that. A first and Connolly? Lol. We already paid up for Lindback and have Vasilevski in waiting. If we get another goalie at this point it would be an experienced filler for a season or two. Not another young unproven guy..

Drouined My Career is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

This could work as a possible 3 way deal where Bus gets Bernier, Kings get a first from the other team and the other team gets Brassard+ from Bus.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
No way the Bolts do that. A first and Connolly? Lol. We already paid up for Lindback and have Vasilevski in waiting. If we get another goalie at this point it would be an experienced filler for a season or two. Not another young unproven guy..
If TB really has lost faith in Lindback, then he and his cap hit would have to come back in the deal.

Personally though I feel like Connolly has lost a lot of value and is maybe worth a third...otherwise they wouldn't deal him, they would just put him on a line with one of their many talented forwards like they did with Purcell. He's not a defenseman or goalie do why is his development so slow?

I originally am the one who proposed Connolly as trade for Bernier but that was a couple years ago. At that time we could have put him through 2 years of our development program in the AHL but now it's maybe too late.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
HolyShot*

He's a center. We don't need anymore centers.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
funky

No to Brassard. If we are giving away that much talent lets fill a hole with a proven winger. Plus Bernier has bailed us out lately. His value should be increasing in the NHL as it is increasing with us do to Quicks sub par play.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:20 PM
SFKingshomer

Brassard has no value to the Kings. I'd rather keep it simple and have our 1st back for Bernier.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
pete goegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Brassard has no value to the Kings. I'd rather keep it simple and have our 1st back for Bernier.
Jackets have no interest in that.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Jackets have no interest in that.
Then there isn't a deal to be made. Lock it up!

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I originally am the one who proposed Connolly as trade for Bernier but that was a couple years ago. At that time we could have put him through 2 years of our development program in the AHL but now it's maybe too late.
Connolly has lost value? Have you seen his stats in the American league this year? He is currently the 5th leading scorer. If anything he has GAINED value this year. His value would of been all time low at the end of last season. Not now.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
when I scan the league(outside looking in) CLB seems like a team that needs a Goalie......Bobrovsky is not a bad stop gap but Mason is showing he's a backup at best.

Just think if anyone is going to get a new goalie it would be CLB for next yr anyway.

At the same time I could make the deal Nabokov and Bailey for Bernier and a pick and feel the same way :-)

Both Isles and CLB need a goalie next yr
The NYI would certainly trade Nabby and Bailey for Bernier. I would even add a prosect such as Matt Donovan to get it done.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Then there isn't a deal to be made. Lock it up!
I think we have come to this conclusion many times, but somebody keeps making this proposal

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:10 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I think we have come to this conclusion many times, but somebody keeps making this proposal
yes we have Aparently this one was mada by a ranger fan according to his profile i dunno why he made it either

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
my only issue is: Last summer, Colombus had the opportunity to acquire Bernier instead of Bobrovsky.

Why did they trade for Bobrovsky among all their options, and what happened since last summer that could make them change their mind and now acquire Bernier?
You do realize you have a new GM who not only might have changed his mind since last summer, but has a completely different mind than your previous GM?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:35 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
You do realize you have a new GM who not only might have changed his mind since last summer, but has a completely different mind than your previous GM?
Hopefully this GM is also smart enough to realize that Bernier isn't worth a first round pick-

Old
03-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
...why in the hell does every single fanbase feel the need to play the "educate these stupid fans as to the nature of their franchise" card whenever we turn down a deal?

Shockingly, we are in fact aware of the hiring of Jarmo Kekkalainen. We still don't think it's a good idea.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:53 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Columbus does in fact need a starting goaltender, yes.

Bernier is not a starting goaltender.

We've been through this "he might be a starter", "he's going to be a starter", "we're confident he will be a starter" mishegaas before. We're not getting fooled again.
How often do teams trade their starting goaltender? The idea is Bernier would be the #1 on at least 10 teams in the NHL, yours included.

Just because you have been burned before doesn't mean that Bernier wouldn't be a solid #1 for Columbus. That being said, I don't think the Kings would be interested in what is being offered here.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Hopefully this GM is also smart enough to realize that Bernier isn't worth a first round pick-
You mean Columbus' pick.

He was drafted 1st round and has only improved.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:14 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Not picking on this post in particular, but don't you love how Bernier as an established NHL goalie has no guarantee of becoming a #1 goalie. Then the next thing that is said is we have so-and-so waiting in the wings if our current choice doesn't pan out, as if so-and-so has a better chance than Bernier of becoming a #1.

Bernier is not unproven.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Not picking on this post in particular, but don't you love how Bernier as an established NHL goalie has no guarantee of becoming a #1 goalie. Then the next thing that is said is we have so-and-so waiting in the wings if our current choice doesn't pan out, as if so-and-so has a better chance than Bernier of becoming a #1.

Bernier is not unproven.
I think you missed the point of the post.. I meant we already have multiple unprovens including a pretty dang good one in Vasilevski who happens to be the #1 goaltending prospect (behind Maarkstrom) out there.. Yzerman isn't going to wage the farm on another unproven guy (Bernier has had limited experience all be it a pretty good record, as did Lindback in his) .. He would more likely get a guy like Jonas Hiller (no it won't happen) but you get what I mean.. Right?

Last edited by Drouined My Career: 03-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
How often do teams trade their starting goaltender? The idea is Bernier would be the #1 on at least 10 teams in the NHL, yours included.

Just because you have been burned before doesn't mean that Bernier wouldn't be a solid #1 for Columbus. That being said, I don't think the Kings would be interested in what is being offered here.
To be honest, I don't think we can say that with any certainty. Personally, I think Bernier could become a #1 Goalie, but I'm not convinced yet. I would be wary of using a first round pick on a goaltender that hasn't established himself as an NHL starter. It's too risky in my opinion. He may be worth a first round pick, but I'm not convinced that he is enough of an upgrade over Bob and Mason to warrant trading that pick.