HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 22 |Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
WingedWheel1987

vCash: 500
This feels like a game the Wings are going to win.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Heaton
Holland = nomorecups

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Agreed. I think we'll break their streak then lose 3 in a row.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Blue Liner

Love the "Scowl-Off" in the original post. Well done.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

That game earlier in the year should've never went to OT in the first place. Let alone losing that game.

I feel so optimistic and pessimistic at the same time, I have no idea how this game will unfold.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:22 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I might be OK with that. Just win in regulation and end this streak please.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
That would be fun. We've been playing good 5v5 defense lately so we have a decent shot.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:38 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
That would be fun. We've been playing good 5v5 defense lately so we have a decent shot.
We've played good defence lately, 6 goals allowed in 4 games, 3 goals allowed in 2 road games, 3 wins vs 4 good teams. The only loss came vs the red hot SC champions, as a matter of fact.
I think the Wings are finding their game.

And as much as it might be annoying that some of us are keep beating the drum that Datsyuk has to get different linemates I have to say that is so irritating that Babcock does not see it, or does not want to see it, or does not want to give it a shot.
I think it is so obvious that Babcock has to try Tatar with Datsyuk and Cleary. I am more than certian that it would help our team a lot.

We will win this game

Old
03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
That seems like something the Wings would do, to be honest.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
It's really simple.

Because somewhere, deep inside of me, there is a belief that this franchise could change its identity and be built more like the 90's teams (but of course with a tweak to fit the salary cap world)

I DO NOT like watching losers like cleary and abdelkader ruin pavels last good years
I DO NOT like watching a team where only one player can stand up and defend himself (before this season they didn't have a guy like that permanently on the roster for I don't know how many years
I DO NOT like watching a team build around small, skilled, non-physical european players
I DO NOT like watching the GM keep re-signing old useless guys which are past their primes many years ago

I could go on and on but that would be pointless I think
To your 4 points:

1) Agreed I would like to see Tatar-Datsyuk-Nyquist OR, add cleary in there (only if he plays well) but not Abby. I mean honestly I would have thought Eaves would go up there before Abby, didn't he have like 20 goals in Ottawa many moons ago? In either case, that line has worked poorly enough for me to want to see AT LEAST Abby down and someone (ANYONE) up there.

2) I think fighting is for the most part useless. Tootoo fights, and goes to the box. And for what? I would prefer he hit hard and legal and draw penalties. If our PP was working, that is how you defend yourself, by winning the game on the PP.

3) Small / Skilled / European forwards? Mmmm Me thinks you don't realize that pretty much sums up our entire team. Dats/Zett/Flip/ (formerly hurler)/Brunner... basically everyone but Bert and Franzen are that way. Even Nyq and Tatar are small skill players. Sorry to break it to you, but that IS the current detroit red wings. You want to cheer for Anaheim/SJ/Boston type teams, because that is how they play.

4)Resigning useless old guys... agreed completely. Some are not totally useless, but hey, I think some trades need to happen to lighten our load.

Also as to Heaton's comments

I agree. I know there are some punching bags in our lineup that are not performing how we want them to perform, but "various commentors" (whoever you are) do not need to mention how bad a certain player is constantly. Or at least if you are going to do it. Don't just say "X-player sucks" Say something more like: "X-player should have covered his man there, or X-player keeps getting beaten on the boards, or X-player keeps missing the net with his shots". Something I can follow and pick up the same thing and agree with you.

Not everyone catches these things all the time for each player. I end up watching Datsyuk alot on his line, and do not follow the others so much. I also find myself following Tatar but not Anderson so do not realize if he is doing well or poorly. Be more descriptive with complaints or compliments because it is not as obvious to everyone

Old
03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Well this GDT is embarrassing so far.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
We've played good defence lately, 6 goals allowed in 4 games, 3 goals allowed in 2 road games, 3 wins vs 4 good teams. The only loss came vs the red hot SC champions, as a matter of fact.
I think the Wings are finding their game.

And as much as it might be annoying that some of us are keep beating the drum that Datsyuk has to get different linemates I have to say that is so irritating that Babcock does not see it, or does not want to see it, or does not want to give it a shot.
I think it is so obvious that Babcock has to try Tatar with Datsyuk and Cleary. I am more than certian that it would help our team a lot.

We will win this game
We've allowed 6 even strength goals over the past 5 games. And most of those opponents are good. So long as we don't give Chicago a bunch of power plays it should be a low scoring game. It'd be awesome to knock off the Hawks.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
BinCookin

oh P.S.

I have a very good feeling for tomorrow.

It is going to be a killing. And everyone will wonder how the blackhawks win games.

5-1 Red wings. And something like 4-1 by half way through the game.

Not even close, massive victory!

Old
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
14ari13

Quote:
We've allowed 6 even strength goals over the past 5 games. And most of those opponents are good. So long as we don't give Chicago a bunch of power plays it should be a low scoring game. It'd be awesome to knock off the Hawks.
And the lone PP goal we allowed was the 5 on 3 PP goal on the Kings' 3rd try in the game. Not bad at all.
We struggle to score on the road, but not at home. I think both teams will be pumped up for this game and it will be a great game.
Hope for a good fight from Tootoo (love his game), a great hit and a goal from Kronwall, some magic from D and Z.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Vae Victis
habemus veteranus

vCash: 50
4-2 Hawks - Jimmy drops a game after playing his butt off the last couple of starts, and Buckets McCleary and Wincey are in superb form.

Goals from Datsyuk and Nose, Hawks scorers Hossa, Kane, two goals from defensemen.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Jurky
Rotting in purgatory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Pre-game talk.

I assume we'll get a proper GDT soon enough

Old
03-02-2013, 04:38 PM
JPE123

Quote:

Ian White must have really pissed Babcock off. He's being Kindled

Old
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Heaton
Holland = nomorecups

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE123 View Post
Dude, Ian White hasn't been good for a year. He had 4 points in his last 25 or so games and now he has 2 points this season. He doesn't help the PP, doesn't help the PK. His only asset is being right handed. He's not good and he'll be good sooner than later.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE123 View Post
1.2 GAA at even strength over the past 5 games. White wasn't adding any offense and the defense has been pretty solid. Not much to complain about.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
It's not a GDT.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Henkka

Babcock plans to go with same lineup, except the goalie change.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Flowah

Quote:
3) Small / Skilled / European forwards? Mmmm Me thinks you don't realize that pretty much sums up our entire team. Dats/Zett/Flip/ (formerly hurler)/Brunner... basically everyone but Bert and Franzen are that way. Even Nyq and Tatar are small skill players. Sorry to break it to you, but that IS the current detroit red wings. You want to cheer for Anaheim/SJ/Boston type teams, because that is how they play.
He said non-physical. Tatar and Datsyuk are small, skilled, Europeans. But they can and DO play physical. Datsyuk is one of the strongest players on the team and he has a ton of fight in him. Zetterberg is strong on the puck even if he's not much of a hitter.

There is no problem with smaller, skilled, European players. The problem is that they seem unable to play against bigger, skilled, players from everywhere. Brunner is doing what he's supposed to, but it's obvious he's getting pushed around a ton. Franzen too, even though he's giant.

I want to see more players with Datsyuk's strength and fire. You can see him get noticeably pissed during games. Like against Weber when he got knocked off the puck and he said "One more time" then knocked the guy on his ass. Datsyuk knocking Weber on his ass. Or going after Chara last year in Boston. Obviously few players, if anyone, is ever going to have Datsyuk's skill, but you can work on getting that spirit and that strength.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
You can tell a lot by the way Pavel is playing. He's frustrated with that line. He's trying to do everything himself.

He'd be crazy to trust these incompetents out there. Guys like Abdelkader have no clue. They dump it out. And when they don't...bad things happen-like last game.
That's what I've been reading into his play the last few games also. Especially when he tried the flip pass to himself coming into the offensive zone (think that was the Sharks game)... that was a Globetrotters/And 1 mix-tape tour move that he wouldn't waste his time with if he had competent linemates. Seems like he's pressing and trying to start and finish every scoring chance for his line, because... well... just like us, he knows that the puck is going the other way if it gets to Abby or Cleary.

And I don't think anyone really knows how vocal he is in the locker room or with coaches, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he hates every minute of having 8 & 11 for his wingers but hasn't said one word to Babs or the other coaches. IMO, he seems like the type to be the "good soldier," not complain but just keep his head down and power through, instead of making repeated requests to have different linemates.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Flowah

Quote:
And I don't think anyone really knows how vocal he is in the locker room or with coaches, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he hates every minute of having 8 & 11 for his wingers but hasn't said one word to Babs or the other coaches. IMO, he seems like the type to be the "good soldier,"
He's Russian. His general sent him out without any weapons and told him to pick up the gun of the soldiers who die in front of him. That's what he's doing. Unfortunately, Cleary/Abby don't have any guns.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
That's what I've been reading into his play the last few games also. Especially when he tried the flip pass to himself coming into the offensive zone (think that was the Sharks game)... that was a Globetrotters/And 1 mix-tape tour move that he wouldn't waste his time with if he had competent linemates. Seems like he's pressing and trying to start and finish every scoring chance for his line, because... well... just like us, he knows that the puck is going the other way if it gets to Abby or Cleary.

And I don't think anyone really knows how vocal he is in the locker room or with coaches, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he hates every minute of having 8 & 11 for his wingers but hasn't said one word to Babs or the other coaches. IMO, he seems like the type to be the "good soldier," not complain but just keep his head down and power through, instead of making repeated requests to have different linemates.
Any fool can see Abdelkader doesn't belong.
Cleary is iffy. If you've got Datsyuk and someone else with skill, you can get away with a Cleary -- as frustrating as it will be when he touches the puck at anytime except when he's shooting.

But an iffy player with a total misfit? That's poor lineup management

Old
03-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Any fool can see Abdelkader doesn't belong.
Cleary is iffy. If you've got Datsyuk and someone else with skill, you can get away with a Cleary -- as frustrating as it will be when he touches the puck at anytime except when he's shooting.

But an iffy player with a total misfit? That's poor lineup management
Sweet... I can now check "being identified as a fool" off the ol' bucket list! Bob, I'll bet you're a regular teddy bear outside of the HF universe... a teddy bear who hates virtually everyone!

I get what you're saying about Cleary possibly working on a top 6 line with 2 skilled players. I could see him as a winger with Malkin and Neal, with Shero constantly looking for an upgrade for that spot in the lineup. Considering that apart from putting D and Z together, we can't pull off 2 elite players on the same line, so he doesn't belong on a top 6 line on this team.

Closed Thread