HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 22 |Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 01:37 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeghoul View Post
I never said I hated him; I don't hate anyone on the Wings. I just said I hate that he's still in the lineup every day.
My mistake, had a bit too many Mickey Redmond "ginger ales". We're in agreement then

Old
03-03-2013, 01:45 AM
silkyjohnson50

Abdelkader's been better on the cycle and along the boards than Cleary IMO. He actually comes up with the puck from time to time. He has a little more grit to him as well. The problem is that he has no offensive skill, IQ, or vision. Not for the role he's been put in. So when he wins a battle he has no idea what to do with the puck.

Cleary just cannot win a puck battle to save his life. It's not the effort, he just doesn't have it anymore. He's slow, gets knocked off the puck easy, and has no puck skills. His offensive IQ has never been great. Even when he was in his prime years with us he was at his best when he handled the puck minimally. He was the type of sandpaper 3rd forward that could go to the dirty areas of the ice and put the puck in the back of the net when the opportunity arose. But he's not that player anymore.
And what makes it worse is that even if it was 2009 Cleary it still wouldn't be an ideal line combination. But now, it's just brutal.

If you told me to make the worst possible line for Datsyuk right now, I don't think I could top what Mike has done. He's good.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
Dude, what are you talking about? Look at the standings. Every other team, besides the Hawks, is "barely" winning. I 100% agree that our team can get better, but complaining about everything this team doesn't have is stupid. Every team in the league has flaws. This team is competitive despite our injuries. That says something about this team.
Says more about the league than it does about the team.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:46 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Uh yeah. Us simple minded hockey fans expect that if you're playing on the top six with Pavel Datsyuk and getting power play time, you better get more than one point in 21 games.

Crazy right?

Never mind your ridiculous straw man. People here regularly point out that Brunner needs to work on his strength and defense, even if he leads the team in goals. Obviously points aren't everything. But you have to be a giant idiot if you don't think they have a lot of importance when judging scoring line players.
I believe he has somehting like 1 point in his last 36 games. Despite playing with Datsyuk and despite playing on the 2nd PP unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Abdelkader's been better on the cycle and along the boards than Cleary IMO. He actually comes up with the puck from time to time. He has a little more grit to him as well. The problem is that he has no offensive skill, IQ, or vision. Not for the role he's been put in. So when he wins a battle he has no idea what to do with the puck.

Cleary just cannot win a puck battle to save his life. It's not the effort, he just doesn't have it anymore. He's slow, gets knocked off the puck easy, and has no puck skills. His offensive IQ has never been great. Even when he was in his prime years with us he was at his best when he handled the puck minimally. He was the type of sandpaper 3rd forward that could go to the dirty areas of the ice and put the puck in the back of the net when the opportunity arose. But he's not that player anymore.
And what makes it worse is that even if it was 2009 Cleary it still wouldn't be an ideal line combination. But now, it's just brutal.

If you told me to make the worst possible line for Datsyuk right now, I don't think I could top what Mike has done. He's good.
Babcock really makes it easy for opponents to stop Datsyuk.
I think it is not that both Cleary and Abdelkader has to be taken off of Datsyuk's line, but one of them has to.
I do not get why Babcock does not see it. I think he can try Tootoo, Eavs or Tatar on then line and I am sure it would work better.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:48 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Honestly, try to come up with a worse line combination for Datsyuk...

Miller Datsyuk Emmerton ... is about the only one I can thinking of. And even that might be better

Old
03-03-2013, 02:59 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Midway through the third period, fed up with playing with Cleary and Abdelkader, Pavel storms to the bench, looks Red Wings VP Jimmy D, and says "I Finish."
No way is he fed enough enough that he declares himself Finnish

Old
03-03-2013, 03:37 AM
RedWinger10

Question of the day is what is it going to take to convert against Chicago.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:56 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Well he would have!

Honestly, I have nothing against Abdelkader but I don't think he's half the player he was expected to be when he first broke in a few years ago. I remember at the time people expected him to play in the top six full time. That obviously isn't worth happening.
I was never one thinking he had top 6 skills but the thing I loved about 09 playoff Abdelkader was he was hitting everything that moved, it was awesome. Decent pest too. He's lost all of that, I don't understand it.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:00 AM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Babcock wins the scowl-off.
Yes by a mile.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:04 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Honestly, try to come up with a worse line combination for Datsyuk...

Miller Datsyuk Emmerton ... is about the only one I can thinking of. And even that might be better
Emmerton's been better with the puck than Cleary or Abdelkader, so that might actually be an upgrade.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:08 AM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

Can't believe Babs didn't change anything for this game especially against the Blackhawks. Cause ya know scoring 1 goal a game with this lineup as it is will pay dividends against Chicago. Oh I'm sure. Rolling 3 4th lines against Chicago is the way to go right? Oh and Quincey Smith don't get me started. So we either go up 2-0 blow the lead and lose in the 3rd period or we fall behind 1-0 or 2-0 from the start somehow manage to tie it up and then lose it in OT. Any other options I'm missing?

Old
03-03-2013, 06:00 AM
DatsyukianDeke
Dangle Dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Can't believe Babs didn't change anything for this game especially against the Blackhawks. Cause ya know scoring 1 goal a game with this lineup as it is will pay dividends against Chicago. Oh I'm sure. Rolling 3 4th lines against Chicago is the way to go right? Oh and Quincey Smith don't get me started. So we either go up 2-0 blow the lead and lose in the 3rd period or we fall behind 1-0 or 2-0 from the start somehow manage to tie it up and then lose it in OT. Any other options I'm missing?
We get completely blown out because Cleary and Abby trip over there own feet like last game. Our 2nd line is going to get ripped apart by the Hawks.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
We get completely blown out because Cleary and Abby trip over there own feet like last game. Our 2nd line is going to get ripped apart by the Hawks.
Ripped apart? C'moon, it's not that bad defensively. There is a Selke center and two defensive wingers. Of course they are horrible offesively, but I almost quarantee they won't lose their game against any Blackhawks line.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:41 AM
14ari13

We scored only 2 goals in those 2 road games Śnd it was our 3 Śnd 4 line who scored

Old
03-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Govment Cheese

Closing out the Hawks streak would be awesome and increase the hate. Would like it if the Hawks are looking past the wings and think they have this game in the bag.

We all would like Pav to have better line-mates, Babcock is working with what he has. I am sure that he has put different players together in practice to see if there is any chemistry. Maybe the younger players are just not ready to be on Pav's line. You have to be ready for the puck at anytime when playing with Pav.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:52 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Ripped apart? C'moon, it's not that bad defensively. There is a Selke center and two defensive wingers. Of course they are horrible offesively, but I almost quarantee they won't lose their game against any Blackhawks line.
They lost against SJ's line. Why would you guarantee they'll win against Chicago's line?

Old
03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post

Spot on Silky. HATE HATE HATE.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:01 AM
ZDH

Wings win in regulation.

4-2

And all will be calm until the next game, which we lose.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

5-3 Wings

Goals from Pavel, Tatar, Z, Big E and CLEARY!

Old
03-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladdy84 View Post
spot on silky. Hate hate hate.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Shoalzie

Would love a Wings ending the Hawks streak/Michigan over Michigan State double today...

Old
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
lazerbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Since when is Abby a defensive winger? The fact that he can't score and sometimes hits doesn't make him "defensive".

Old
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Would love a Wings ending the Hawks streak/Michigan over Michigan State double today...
How come college hockey is such a big deal over there? It's kids that are playing.....

Old
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
BeersHockey

Quote:

So you think I was serious?
I don't think Pavel is the type to demand a trade. He might be the type to sign elsewhere in 16 months
I disagree - at least he won't be signing anywhere else in the NHL. He is loyal to a fault. Look at the way he treated his stint in the KHL during the lockout - he was one of the last guys to leave because he thought the fans deserved to see him play in the all star game. If he leaves, he heads home to Russia, but he's not skipping to another NHL city.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
TatarTangle

For a while Chicago always had Detroit's number despite being a much worse team. Well, now that Detroit is much worse than Chicago it's time to repay them. Plus I want to be able to rub it in the Chicago fans face that the Wings were the ones to stop their streak.

Closed Thread