HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The media is not all over Kessel's goal production because...

Old
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Bomber0104

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
I bet you weren't so loud last year when Kessel was a point a game.
I directed my loudness towards Ron Wilson and Brian Burke who got fired 1 and 2 .

Now that those individuals have been canned, time to start purging the venom from the wound.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I directed my loudness towards Ron Wilson and Brian Burke who got fired 1 and 2 .

Now that those individuals have been canned, time to start purging the venom from the wound.
We won't be needing Hamilton with Rielly/Gardiner coming through the pipe. Kessel keeps playing a perimeter game you might get your wish,but i doubt it this year. Actually i just checked his clauses,and him limited NTC/NMC's start next year. Never know you just might get your wish this year.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:54 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
That is correct.

A disastrous trade as GM of the Maple Leafs is much more significant than any accomplishment, even a Stanley Cup, reached as a Mighty Duck of Anaheim.
It is more significant to a Leaf fan and why wouldn't it be ?

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
We won't be needing Hamilton with Rielly/Gardiner coming through the pipe. Kessel keeps playing a perimeter game you might get your wish,but i doubt it this year.
We won't be needing Percy and Finn either so does mean we should give them away as well ?

Old
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
iPunch
#StandWithOttawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
That is correct.

A disastrous trade as GM of the Maple Leafs is much more significant than any accomplishment, even a Stanley Cup, reached as a Mighty Duck of Anaheim.
Easily the most ridiculous thing posted on the entirety of HFboards today.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
v00d00daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Seguin scoreD 60-70 points playing a Claude Julien defensive system and is in his third year. Hamilton is already turning heads as a rookie in the NHL and he too is obviously going to further develop into a complete player.
Not to nitpick too much but Seguin is as much a 70 pt guy as Kessel is a 39-40 goal scorer. They may both do that but neither have yet.

I think Seguin is a very good player and will likely develop in to a GREAT player but there are still issues with his game.

He's not perfect. I find the fact that Juilen won't play him at centre as a bit of a concern. I know the Bruins are deep at that position but if Seguin was truly their best player and a centre of the future you'd think he'd be getting that kind of responsibility.

v00d00daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Gobias Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
Not to nitpick too much but Seguin is as much a 70 pt guy as Kessel is a 39-40 goal scorer. They may both do that but neither have yet.

I think Seguin is a very good player and will likely develop in to a GREAT player but there are still issues with his game.

He's not perfect. I find the fact that Juilen won't play him at centre as a bit of a concern. I know the Bruins are deep at that position but if Seguin was truly their best player and a centre of the future you'd think he'd be getting that kind of responsibility.
Krejci (56.7 FO%) and Bergeron (62.4 FO%)?

One lead the playoffs in scoring, one just won the Selke. You'd think he'd be getting that kind of responsibility, but it's easier said than done.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
v00d00daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
Krejci (56.7 FO%) and Bergeron (62.4 FO%)?

One lead the playoffs in scoring, one just won the Selke. You'd think he'd be getting that kind of responsibility, but it's easier said than done.
I'll give you Bergeron but I'm sorry, the way Seguin is talked up around here (mainly due to the trade and some dumb Leafs fans and equally dumb Leaf haters) I think he should be better than David Krejci.

You cherry picked one statistic about the guy to elevate him to some super centre status and he just isn't that. One decent playoffs doesn't make him a great centre. Krejci is GOOD....Seguin is touted already as being a star and I don't think it's justified yet.

Seguin is not playing centre because he has issues playing that position responsibly. He's a centre on paper only. (why does NHL.com continue to list him as a centre?) In actuality he's a winger. And I think Kessel is a better winger right now.

If Seguin manages to become an elite centreman, then he will eclipse Kessel in my eyes.

v00d00daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
We won't be needing Percy and Finn either so does mean we should give them away as well ?
I'm sayin its spilt milk.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
I'm sayin its spilt milk.
Giving up a 6'5'' two way defenseman isn't spilt milk , it was a mistake that set this rebuild back .

Burke is gone so what's done is done but there's no need to try to act like the players we gave up are irrelevant . We handed a division rival a num 1 goalie , a potential 1st pair D and top 3 forward and all we have to show for it is a soft albeit very skilled winger .

Old
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
We won't be needing Hamilton with Rielly/Gardiner coming through the pipe.
Fine... we have a lot of defensive depth and Hamilton would be expendable.
So we would simply have Seguin as our number 1 center, and could trade Hamilton in a package for an elite winger to play with Seguin.

So an elite center and winger would of course be better than a one dimensional soft winger who pads his stats.

Disgruntled Observer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
So we would simply have Seguin as our number 1 center, and could trade Hamilton in a package for an elite winger to play with Seguin.

So an elite center and winger would of course be better than a one dimensional soft winger who pads his stats.
Last year i thought Kessel turned a corner.Lupul was a big part of it apparently,because with lupes out of the line-up phil has not done very well. His game under Carlyle will have to improve or he will be gone. He won't get away with it very much longer before being called out/traded/ or benched.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Last year i thought Kessel turned a corner.Lupul was a big part of it apparently,because with lupes out of the line-up phil has not done very well. His game under Carlyle will have to improve or he will be gone. He won't get away with it very much longer before being called out/traded/ or benched.
Kessel is anything but a Carlyle type player who likes in your face hockey.. Carlyle must cringe every time he watches Kessel go out of his way to avoid contact of any sort.

Hopefully coach and Gm are on the same page and do what is best for the team going forward with him.

03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
For a man who preaches toughness/defensive hockey, i can only imagine how crazy Kessel has been making RC when he avoids contact every couple of minutes. Kessel is clearly not a PPG player when we aren't playing pond hockey, like we were under Ron Wilson.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Kessel is anything but a Carlyle type player who likes in your face hockey.. Carlyle must cringe every time he watches Kessel go out of his way to avoid contact of any sort.

Hopefully coach and Gm are on the same page and do what is best for the team going forward with him.
I wouldn't trade him until the draft if i was Nonis. See how the year goes first before making a very important decision. His value might be better then,and his clauses don't kick in by then.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't trade him until the draft if i was Nonis. See how the year goes first before making a very important decision. His value might be better then,and his clauses don't kick in by then.
His limited NTC clause kicks in July 1st, and the draft is June 30th so there is not a lot of time between those two events.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
For a man who preaches toughness/defensive hockey, i can only imagine how crazy Kessel has been making RC when he avoids contact every couple of minutes. Kessel is clearly not a PPG player when we aren't playing pond hockey, like we were under Ron Wilson.
It certainly looks like that,but i still keep him around for the play-offs. I have always defended his soft ways we all know he has,but it seems he is wanting to not buy in by choice. Thats my impression,and i won't accept that from any player. He could go to the net atleast with the toughness the team has to back him up now.

Kessel is running out of excuses/reasoning that i make for him.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Gobias Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
I'll give you Bergeron but I'm sorry, the way Seguin is talked up around here (mainly due to the trade and some dumb Leafs fans and equally dumb Leaf haters) I think he should be better than David Krejci.

You cherry picked one statistic about the guy to elevate him to some super centre status and he just isn't that. One decent playoffs doesn't make him a great centre. Krejci is GOOD....Seguin is touted already as being a star and I don't think it's justified yet.

Seguin is not playing centre because he has issues playing that position responsibly. He's a centre on paper only. (why does NHL.com continue to list him as a centre?) In actuality he's a winger. And I think Kessel is a better winger right now.

If Seguin manages to become an elite centreman, then he will eclipse Kessel in my eyes.
So if it were Krejci and Hamilton for Kessel, Toronto wins the trade or it's a toss up?

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:40 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Giving up a 6'5'' two way defenseman isn't spilt milk , it was a mistake that set this rebuild back .

Burke is gone so what's done is done but there's no need to try to act like the players we gave up are irrelevant . We handed a division rival a num 1 goalie , a potential 1st pair D and top 3 forward and all we have to show for it is a soft albeit very skilled winger .
How has it set it back?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post

Seguin's a winger.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:45 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Seguin's a winger.
lol here we go.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Wait a sec...Seguin, who doesn't play centre, is an elite centre?

How that work?

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote