HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Roster/trade/etc discussion part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 08:27 AM
  #1
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,228
vCash: 500
Roster/trade/etc discussion part IV

Of course that's the proper way to Roman numeral.

Continued from http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1235641

And I think you guys are jumping to conclusions on the roster callups. Yes it does seem a little weird, but it doesn't portend a trade. Since when do they preemptively call up players for a trade? Especially because the next game isn't until Tuesday? Like someone said, it's probably some practice shuffling, where they wanted to get Etem/Vatanen some NHL practice while they are off in terms of AHL games until the weekend.

snarktacular is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:10 AM
  #2
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
The reality of the situation is we need a right-handed shooting d-man on the power play. Our power play is a joke right now and Vatanen could very well be the cure. I feel like the coaching staff has wanted on the roster this whole time but wanted him to get some reps down in the A first. To me, Sbisa is the easiest to scratch. I haven't been very happy with his game so far. I've seen him just get beat to the outside by attacking wingers a few times already and that's not okay. He can watch a game or two from the press box.

As for Etem and Holland, well I know one game shouldn't really be the measuring stick especially when it was such a bad game for most of the team. But they obviously like Rakell a lot right now and it's a numbers game. I'm not sold on this kid yet and I feel like Holland could be back by the end of the week. I like the Etem call up because we need something in our bottom six on the right side. Smith-Pelly hasn't been strong and Staubitz is a joke. I can't tell you how many times I saw Devo go to hit somebody on opening night only to see him bounce off of them and without the puck. I'm surprised he wasn't sent down in favor of Etem but he should continue to watch from the press box.

With Etem we add another player that can move his feet. What has made the Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano line so effective is they always get to the puck first. We need more speed in the lineup and Etem can definitely provide that. The kid is a goal scorer and can skate so why not bring him up? I could care less how few assists he's had in the minors, big deal. It's about goals and he scores them. Whether he can at this level remains to be seen but he has to get a chance to prove it. Boudreau rolls four lines so this apprehension about him only getting fourth line minutes is stupid. He'll get between 8 and 10 which is plenty. Maybe even more if they use him on special teams which they might.

TheJoeMan is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:14 AM
  #3
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
The only question mark i have is our next game is in san jose vs a very hot sharks team... That will be a tough game to make your debut in the nhl, tough arena tough team.

We just gunna feed em to the sharks o.O pun intended?

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:05 AM
  #5
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
The reality of the situation is we need a right-handed shooting d-man on the power play. Our power play is a joke right now and Vatanen could very well be the cure. I feel like the coaching staff has wanted on the roster this whole time but wanted him to get some reps down in the A first. To me, Sbisa is the easiest to scratch. I haven't been very happy with his game so far. I've seen him just get beat to the outside by attacking wingers a few times already and that's not okay. He can watch a game or two from the press box.

As for Etem and Holland, well I know one game shouldn't really be the measuring stick especially when it was such a bad game for most of the team. But they obviously like Rakell a lot right now and it's a numbers game. I'm not sold on this kid yet and I feel like Holland could be back by the end of the week. I like the Etem call up because we need something in our bottom six on the right side. Smith-Pelly hasn't been strong and Staubitz is a joke. I can't tell you how many times I saw Devo go to hit somebody on opening night only to see him bounce off of them and without the puck. I'm surprised he wasn't sent down in favor of Etem but he should continue to watch from the press box.

With Etem we add another player that can move his feet. What has made the Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano line so effective is they always get to the puck first. We need more speed in the lineup and Etem can definitely provide that. The kid is a goal scorer and can skate so why not bring him up? I could care less how few assists he's had in the minors, big deal. It's about goals and he scores them. Whether he can at this level remains to be seen but he has to get a chance to prove it. Boudreau rolls four lines so this apprehension about him only getting fourth line minutes is stupid. He'll get between 8 and 10 which is plenty. Maybe even more if they use him on special teams which they might.
How is Staubitz a joke?

Dirk316 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:13 PM
  #6
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
How is Staubitz a joke?
He's not effective as a hockey player. He can lay the body on a guy here and there but he has no hands, is not fast, and can't kill penalties. I was never happy with that signing and hope he doesn't see many more games. Guys like him in the lineup make rolling four lines very difficult.

TheJoeMan is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:39 PM
  #7
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,247
vCash: 500
Staubitz was at least hitting folks, and the momentum that built in the 2nd that led to the first goal seemed to come after a shift where he was running around hitting everything in sight (with Beleskey joining in at the end). However, his puck sense is poor (he skated right by it once at our blue line) and he's not the most strong player with the puck on his stick I've ever seen. I'm still to sure how he didn't get an unsportsmanlike penalty for dropping his gloves, but the "oh, THAT'S where I left them" response was hysterical, and I like the fact he immediately stuck up for Beauchemin but had the sense to at least not compound what should have been 2 with an extra 5 and 10 when the guy wouldn't fight. He has a situational role with the team, I do wish he was a just bit more skilled though.

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
  #8
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,782
vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Staubitz was at least hitting folks, and the momentum that built in the 2nd that led to the first goal seemed to come after a shift where he was running around hitting everything in sight (with Beleskey joining in at the end). However, his puck sense is poor (he skated right by it once at our blue line) and he's not the most strong player with the puck on his stick I've ever seen. I'm still to sure how he didn't get an unsportsmanlike penalty for dropping his gloves, but the "oh, THAT'S where I left them" response was hysterical, and I like the fact he immediately stuck up for Beauchemin but had the sense to at least not compound what should have been 2 with an extra 5 and 10 when the guy wouldn't fight. He has a situational role with the team, I do wish he was a just bit more skilled though.
true. but when the other dude was DSP who wasn't even showing skill OR physicality im sure staubitz was at least better..
I do think we need a bit more toughness in the lineup. especially against a big team like SJ. scratching staubitz for etem wouldn't be too good for us imo. they'll run over us and having belesky "enforce" is not a recipe fro success

bumperkisser is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:58 PM
  #9
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,172
vCash: 500
Stephens:

Quote:
Beleskey skating as interchangeable LW on top line with Getzlaf and Perry. Etem also wearing red sweater. Bonino back with Koivu and Ryan.
Not sure about that 2nd ar though

And Ducks twitter pics:



Kalvinators is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:00 PM
  #10
muckbin15
parros16
 
muckbin15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Stephens:



Not sure about that 2nd ar though

And Ducks twitter pics:


just seen this on twitter, whats up with the lines? didnt watch the game on saturday night was at the bars, did bb switch em up?

wheres teemu?

palmieri-getz-perry
ryan-bones/rakell-selanne
winnik-koivu-cogs
beleskey-bones/rakell-etem

is what id like to see

muckbin15 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
  #11
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
just seen this on twitter, whats up with the lines? didnt watch the game on saturday night was at the bars, did bb switch em up?

wheres teemu?

palmieri-getz-perry
ryan-bones/rakell-selanne
winnik-koivu-cogs
beleskey-bones/rakell-etem

is what id like to see
Stephens corrected himself, Bonino is back between Selanne and Ryan.

What does it mean to wear a red sweater? Did that mean that Etem is seeing turns with the twins as well?

Etem/Beleskey/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Ryan
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem/Beleskey/Palmieri-Rakell-DSP/Staubitz
?

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
  #12
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Stephens:



Not sure about that 2nd ar though

And Ducks twitter pics:


What's with the red sweater? That's usually for injured players.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
  #13
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
Am i the only one that thinks winnick could be a good solution on lw for the twins?

Winnick Getz perry
Ryan Rakell/bones Palmeiri
Cogliano Koivu Selanne
Dsp rakell/bones Etem/belesky

Etem Getz Perry
Ryan Rakell/bones Palmeiri
Winnick Koivu Selanne
Cogliano rakell/bones Dsp/belesky

I think we need to separate ryan and teemu... i dont think they will ever work well on same line together.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  #14
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Am i the only one that thinks winnick could be a good solution on lw for the twins?

Winnick Getz perry
Ryan Rakell/bones Palmeiri
Cogliano Koivu Selanne
Dsp rakell/bones Etem/belesky

Etem Getz Perry
Ryan Rakell/bones Palmeiri
Winnick Koivu Selanne
Cogliano rakell/bones Dsp/belesky

I think we need to separate ryan and teemu... i dont think they will ever work well on same line together.
Ide like to see Etem on our top line and see what he can do. What I don't like is if he saw permanent 4th line minutes. He's a pure bred goal scorer as I think a few of you mentioned earliar whom I agree with.

Little nervous about him having his first game against the sharks though and it's away. I guess it's sink or swim though.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
  #15
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ide like to see Etem on our top line and see what he can do. What I don't like is if he saw permanent 4th line minutes. He's a pure bred goal scorer as I think a few of you mentioned earliar whom I agree with.

Little nervous about him having his first game against the sharks though and it's away. I guess it's sink or swim though.
I think he could be pretty good on the top line with getz and perry, i imagine he is good at getting on top of dmen on the forcheck.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:45 PM
  #16
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I think he could be pretty good on the top line with getz and perry, i imagine he is good at getting on top of dmen on the forcheck.
Well he's extremely fast. And has great acceleration I'm sure he could be a nuisance against d men. Might even be able to get some to cough up the puck.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:49 PM
  #17
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Stephens corrected himself, Bonino is back between Selanne and Ryan.

What does it mean to wear a red sweater? Did that mean that Etem is seeing turns with the twins as well?

Etem/Beleskey/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Ryan
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem/Beleskey/Palmieri-Rakell-DSP/Staubitz
?
Top line are practicing in those.

If i`m note mistaken, orange are for 2nd line, grey for 3d and white for 4th.

Kalvinators is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
  #18
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Top line are practicing in those.

If i`m note mistaken, orange are for 2nd line, grey for 3d and white for 4th.
They were using those color codes during the camp. Last year during the season they only used red during practice for the injured guys. They were the "no contact" guys.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
  #19
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 50
There are 2 different types of red sweaters, 1 is for the top line and the other is referred to as no contact sweaters. I think the difference is the secondary color I think one is white and the other is a darker grey. But I could be wrong on the secondary colors.

DuckTech is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
  #20
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,545
vCash: 500
I'm glad Bruce decided to keep the third line intact for the time being. But I wish he'd give Rakell a chance on the second line with Ryan and Selanne.

Etem/Beleskey - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Rakell - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
DSP - Bonino - Palmieri

I'm not a huge of taking Palmieri off the first line, but it gives us more depth and Bonino and Palmieri played together a lot in the AHL.

Edit: I forgot about DSP, go figure.


Last edited by ericnut: 01-28-2013 at 02:30 PM.
ericnut is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
  #21
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
He's not effective as a hockey player. He can lay the body on a guy here and there but he has no hands, is not fast, and can't kill penalties. I was never happy with that signing and hope he doesn't see many more games. Guys like him in the lineup make rolling four lines very difficult.
Fighting is up post-lockout. Inter-conference games only this season, a lot of hate developing. Guys like Staubitz are still necessary unless you want Perry or Getzlaf with broken hands or concussions because they had to fight their own battles.

McDonald19 is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:10 PM
  #22
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,882
vCash: 500
I hope they don't take Palmieri off the top line. He did nothing to deserve the demotion in the last game and has looked good there so far this season.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:15 PM
  #23
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,247
vCash: 500
I think Palmieri came off the top line because nothing was working, and they know Palmieri has a history of good chemistry with Bonino. You can't argue with the results

I prefer he stays there because I think the third line needs to stay intact for the Thornton line. That line has been ridiculously good, and I hope Boudreau is considering line matching for once.

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
  #24
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Just wanted to thank the Ducks organization and Bob Murray for the awesome decision to let Frederik Andersen play for Denmark in the OG Qual.

Thank you so F***ING much... Murray you are AWESOME!

ImGoingNucks is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
  #25
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Just wanted to thank the Ducks organization and Bob Murray for the awesome decision to let Frederik Andersen play for Denmark in the OG Qual.

Thank you so F***ING much... Murray you are AWESOME!
Someone take a screenshot of this

Kalvinators is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.