HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

Old
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Dream on If you think Tampa Bay has a shot at DeKeyser he will be staying home and playing for the Red Wings Ken Holland has pretty much guarenteed him a starting job on defense there as bad as it is.
Tampa and Detroit are the two front-runners because he is a Wings fan and Yzerman is his idol. Tampa definitely has a shot at DeKeyser.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Dream on If you think Tampa Bay has a shot at DeKeyser he will be staying home and playing for the Red Wings Ken Holland has pretty much guarenteed him a starting job on defense there as bad as it is.
You're being very foolish if you think we can't offer the same things.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Tampa Bay can have Sustr But Detroit lays claim to DeKeyser, Guarentee that Detroit will throw every thing to land DeKeyser.
He can only be signed to an ELC, so there is only so much they can offer.

As much as he loves Detroit, SFY is his idol and Witkowski is his teammate right now.

It could go either way (or a completely different one), to claim it's already decided is idiotic.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:34 PM
keslerburrows

I don't understand why Yzermam doesn't want Luongo. I get that Lindback is the goalie for the future, but Luongo is the perfect player to bridge the cap and even mentor Lindback in the mean time. Luongo wants to go to Florida, Yzerman picked Luongo for team Canada, Canucks lack offense, Tampa has to much offense.. It's the perfect fit!!

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
I don't understand why Yzermam doesn't want Luongo. I get that Lindback is the goalie for the future, but Luongo is the perfect player to bridge the cap and even mentor Lindback in the mean time. Luongo wants to go to Florida, Yzerman picked Luongo for team Canada, Canucks lack offense, Tampa has to much offense.. It's the perfect fit!!
Because "the mean time" would happen to be another 7 years or however much longer Luongo's contract is.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
{MOD EDIT} We don't ****ing want him.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 03-20-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Edit
Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Because "the mean time" would happen to be another 7 years or however much longer Luongo's contract is.
Okay but you and I both know Luongo will be a better goalie then Lindback for most of that 7 years.. And if he isn't? You can buy him out. It just makes sense to me. Anyways what do I know.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
{MOD EDIT} We don't ****ing want him.
Sorry Steve..

Last edited by Homeland Security: 03-20-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Edit QP
Old
03-20-2013, 07:47 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sorry Steve..
Don't worry about him, he's bitter with the season We all are.

But really, we don't want Luongo. It gets a little irritating saying no to every proposal that comes up with him in it, or any goalie for that matter being sent to Tampa on the trade boards. Which happens to be every single one lately.

I won't deny he's a better goalie than Lindback, but Yzerman is committed to his young core. He has consistently said that he wants a young Tendy to grow up with the core of young players that we have now.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
MattM92

We already have several bad contracts, we neither want nor need another one.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:11 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Don't worry about him, he's bitter with the season We all are.

But really, we don't want Luongo. It gets a little irritating saying no to every proposal that comes up with him in it, or any goalie for that matter being sent to Tampa on the trade boards. Which happens to be every single one lately.

I won't deny he's a better goalie than Lindback, but Yzerman is committed to his young core. He has consistently said that he wants a young Tendy to grow up with the core of young players that we have now.
Oh I won't. And I get that. After leafs fans shoving Bozak+4rth for Luongo for i dont know how long, I feel you.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Okay but you and I both know Luongo will be a better goalie then Lindback for most of that 7 years.. And if he isn't? You can buy him out. It just makes sense to me. Anyways what do I know.
You sure about that? Seems like Lindback is the better goalie right now playing on a much worse team.
Why doesn't Vancouver just buy him out if it makes so much sense?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
We're not saying you're wrong when it comes to that. BUT... our cap situation, the timing, the prospects in waiting... it just doesn't make sense bro.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
TBLHoser

Just not going to happen with our cap situation coming up. We need to get rid of some of these 3-4 Mill contracts like Brewer that aren't worth what they're being paid right now.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
You sure about that? Seems like Lindback is the better goalie right now playing on a much worse team.
Why doesn't Vancouver just buy him out if it makes so much sense?
What my post above meant was that when Lindback is better then Luongo (5 years at least) THEN you could buy him out. Buying Luongo out now would just be stupid.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Sure, we can buy him out and save the Canucks the trouble of paying him.

Tampa has better options than Luongo.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
You're being very foolish if you think we can't offer the same things.
Danny DeKeyser had already commited to Detroit last summer and the only reason he went back to Western Michigan was because of the lockout If there Is no way he's going to backout of his agreement with Detroit for Tampa Bay so I'm not being foolish only realistic.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
He can only be signed to an ELC, so there is only so much they can offer.

As much as he loves Detroit, SFY is his idol and Witkowski is his teammate right now.

It could go either way (or a completely different one), to claim it's already decided is idiotic.
Wrong he was ready to commit to Detroit last summer and the only reason He's not with Detroit now Is because of the lockout he went back to Western Michigan for another season but with the understanding that Detroit was his top priority this year.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Danny DeKeyser had already commited to Detroit last summer and the only reason he went back to Western Michigan was because of the lockout If there Is no way he's going to backout of his agreement with Detroit for Tampa Bay so I'm not being foolish only realistic.
Tampa has plenty to offer him. Get to be in the same organization as his teammate and roommate(Witkowski), will get a serious shot at an NHL gig instead of immediately being relegated to the AHL, his hero is our GM, our team is getting consistently younger so he'll have a team to grow with.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Allegedly.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Tampa has plenty to offer him. Get to be in the same organization as his teammate and roommate(Witkowski), will get a serious shot at an NHL gig instead of immediately being relegated to the AHL, his hero is our GM, our team is getting consistently younger so he'll have a team to grow with.
So he has a guarenteed spot In Detroit also? And who care If SFY Is his Idol that does'nt guarentee that he has any Interest In playing In Tampa Bay Detroits alot closer to winning the cup then Tampa Bay Is and that's pretty Important to DeKeyser plus being from Detroit and with the Red Wings being a world class organization, Plus Detroit Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of his parents and he played Hockey there In Detroit with his Son and there alot closer then this Witkowski dude .

Old
03-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
So he has a guarenteed spot In Detroit also? And who care If SFY Is his Idol that does'nt guarentee that he has any Interest In playing In Tampa Bay Detroits alot closer to winning the cup then Tampa Bay Is and that's pretty Important to DeKeyser plus being from Detroit and with the Red Wings being a world class organization, Plus Detroit Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of his parents and he played Hockey there In Detroit with his Son and there alot closer then this Witkowski dude .
Tampa Bay was 1 goal away from the Stanley Cup finals in 2011. That same season, Detroit was bounced out in the second round. Tampa missed the playoffs the next year but Detroit was quickly shown the door by Nashville in the first round. So. Since Tampa lost in the ECF, Detroit has won one whole playoff game more than TB.

I don't think Dekeyser will sign here but you're high if you really think Detroit is "a lot closer to winning the cup" than Tampa is. High.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Who cares if SFY is his idol? Well, it would seem DeKeyser does. It has already been established that the race is between Tampa and Detroit. Also, if Detroit so much closer to winning the cup, why can they offer the same thing as Tampa - guaranteed NHL roster spot to a undrafted FA with no professional experience?

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:26 AM
MattM92

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I want DeKeyser. I've been hearing that both he and Witkowski are waiting until Sunday to see what happens with the NCAA tournament? Is this true? And if they don't get in, both will be signing ASAP I'm assuming. Be nice to get both Sustr and DeKeyser, so work your magic Yzerman

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Wasn't really sure where to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I want DeKeyser. I've been hearing that both he and Witkowski are waiting until Sunday to see what happens with the NCAA tournament? Is this true? And if they don't get in, both will be signing ASAP I'm assuming. Be nice to get both Sustr and DeKeyser, so work your magic Yzerman
Yeah, I think their season ends this weekend; then they are ready to sign.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote