HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
  #126
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Dream on If you think Tampa Bay has a shot at DeKeyser he will be staying home and playing for the Red Wings Ken Holland has pretty much guarenteed him a starting job on defense there as bad as it is.
Tampa and Detroit are the two front-runners because he is a Wings fan and Yzerman is his idol. Tampa definitely has a shot at DeKeyser.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  #127
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Dream on If you think Tampa Bay has a shot at DeKeyser he will be staying home and playing for the Red Wings Ken Holland has pretty much guarenteed him a starting job on defense there as bad as it is.
You're being very foolish if you think we can't offer the same things.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
  #128
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Tampa Bay can have Sustr But Detroit lays claim to DeKeyser, Guarentee that Detroit will throw every thing to land DeKeyser.
He can only be signed to an ELC, so there is only so much they can offer.

As much as he loves Detroit, SFY is his idol and Witkowski is his teammate right now.

It could go either way (or a completely different one), to claim it's already decided is idiotic.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:34 PM
  #129
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
I don't understand why Yzermam doesn't want Luongo. I get that Lindback is the goalie for the future, but Luongo is the perfect player to bridge the cap and even mentor Lindback in the mean time. Luongo wants to go to Florida, Yzerman picked Luongo for team Canada, Canucks lack offense, Tampa has to much offense.. It's the perfect fit!!

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:36 PM
  #130
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
I don't understand why Yzermam doesn't want Luongo. I get that Lindback is the goalie for the future, but Luongo is the perfect player to bridge the cap and even mentor Lindback in the mean time. Luongo wants to go to Florida, Yzerman picked Luongo for team Canada, Canucks lack offense, Tampa has to much offense.. It's the perfect fit!!
Because "the mean time" would happen to be another 7 years or however much longer Luongo's contract is.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
  #131
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
I don't understand why Yzermam doesn't want Luongo. I get that Lindback is the goalie for the future, but Luongo is the perfect player to bridge the cap and even mentor Lindback in the mean time. Luongo wants to go to Florida, Yzerman picked Luongo for team Canada, Canucks lack offense, Tampa has to much offense.. It's the perfect fit!!
{MOD EDIT} We don't ****ing want him.


Last edited by Homeland Security: 03-20-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Edit
Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
  #132
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Because "the mean time" would happen to be another 7 years or however much longer Luongo's contract is.
Okay but you and I both know Luongo will be a better goalie then Lindback for most of that 7 years.. And if he isn't? You can buy him out. It just makes sense to me. Anyways what do I know.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
  #133
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
{MOD EDIT} We don't ****ing want him.
Sorry Steve..


Last edited by Homeland Security: 03-20-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Edit QP
keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:47 PM
  #134
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Sorry Steve..
Don't worry about him, he's bitter with the season We all are.

But really, we don't want Luongo. It gets a little irritating saying no to every proposal that comes up with him in it, or any goalie for that matter being sent to Tampa on the trade boards. Which happens to be every single one lately.

I won't deny he's a better goalie than Lindback, but Yzerman is committed to his young core. He has consistently said that he wants a young Tendy to grow up with the core of young players that we have now.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
  #135
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
We already have several bad contracts, we neither want nor need another one.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:11 PM
  #136
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Don't worry about him, he's bitter with the season We all are.

But really, we don't want Luongo. It gets a little irritating saying no to every proposal that comes up with him in it, or any goalie for that matter being sent to Tampa on the trade boards. Which happens to be every single one lately.

I won't deny he's a better goalie than Lindback, but Yzerman is committed to his young core. He has consistently said that he wants a young Tendy to grow up with the core of young players that we have now.
Oh I won't. And I get that. After leafs fans shoving Bozak+4rth for Luongo for i dont know how long, I feel you.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:20 PM
  #137
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Okay but you and I both know Luongo will be a better goalie then Lindback for most of that 7 years.. And if he isn't? You can buy him out. It just makes sense to me. Anyways what do I know.
You sure about that? Seems like Lindback is the better goalie right now playing on a much worse team.
Why doesn't Vancouver just buy him out if it makes so much sense?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
  #138
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Okay but you and I both know Luongo will be a better goalie then Lindback for most of that 7 years.. And if he isn't? You can buy him out. It just makes sense to me. Anyways what do I know.
We're not saying you're wrong when it comes to that. BUT... our cap situation, the timing, the prospects in waiting... it just doesn't make sense bro.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
  #139
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Just not going to happen with our cap situation coming up. We need to get rid of some of these 3-4 Mill contracts like Brewer that aren't worth what they're being paid right now.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
  #140
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
You sure about that? Seems like Lindback is the better goalie right now playing on a much worse team.
Why doesn't Vancouver just buy him out if it makes so much sense?
What my post above meant was that when Lindback is better then Luongo (5 years at least) THEN you could buy him out. Buying Luongo out now would just be stupid.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
  #141
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Okay but you and I both know Luongo will be a better goalie then Lindback for most of that 7 years.. And if he isn't? You can buy him out. It just makes sense to me. Anyways what do I know.
Sure, we can buy him out and save the Canucks the trouble of paying him.

Tampa has better options than Luongo.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
  #142
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
You're being very foolish if you think we can't offer the same things.
Danny DeKeyser had already commited to Detroit last summer and the only reason he went back to Western Michigan was because of the lockout If there Is no way he's going to backout of his agreement with Detroit for Tampa Bay so I'm not being foolish only realistic.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
  #143
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
He can only be signed to an ELC, so there is only so much they can offer.

As much as he loves Detroit, SFY is his idol and Witkowski is his teammate right now.

It could go either way (or a completely different one), to claim it's already decided is idiotic.
Wrong he was ready to commit to Detroit last summer and the only reason He's not with Detroit now Is because of the lockout he went back to Western Michigan for another season but with the understanding that Detroit was his top priority this year.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
  #144
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Danny DeKeyser had already commited to Detroit last summer and the only reason he went back to Western Michigan was because of the lockout If there Is no way he's going to backout of his agreement with Detroit for Tampa Bay so I'm not being foolish only realistic.
Tampa has plenty to offer him. Get to be in the same organization as his teammate and roommate(Witkowski), will get a serious shot at an NHL gig instead of immediately being relegated to the AHL, his hero is our GM, our team is getting consistently younger so he'll have a team to grow with.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
  #145
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Danny DeKeyser had already commited to Detroit last summer and the only reason he went back to Western Michigan was because of the lockout If there Is no way he's going to backout of his agreement with Detroit for Tampa Bay so I'm not being foolish only realistic.
Allegedly.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:24 PM
  #146
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Tampa has plenty to offer him. Get to be in the same organization as his teammate and roommate(Witkowski), will get a serious shot at an NHL gig instead of immediately being relegated to the AHL, his hero is our GM, our team is getting consistently younger so he'll have a team to grow with.
So he has a guarenteed spot In Detroit also? And who care If SFY Is his Idol that does'nt guarentee that he has any Interest In playing In Tampa Bay Detroits alot closer to winning the cup then Tampa Bay Is and that's pretty Important to DeKeyser plus being from Detroit and with the Red Wings being a world class organization, Plus Detroit Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of his parents and he played Hockey there In Detroit with his Son and there alot closer then this Witkowski dude .

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:19 AM
  #147
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
So he has a guarenteed spot In Detroit also? And who care If SFY Is his Idol that does'nt guarentee that he has any Interest In playing In Tampa Bay Detroits alot closer to winning the cup then Tampa Bay Is and that's pretty Important to DeKeyser plus being from Detroit and with the Red Wings being a world class organization, Plus Detroit Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of his parents and he played Hockey there In Detroit with his Son and there alot closer then this Witkowski dude .
Tampa Bay was 1 goal away from the Stanley Cup finals in 2011. That same season, Detroit was bounced out in the second round. Tampa missed the playoffs the next year but Detroit was quickly shown the door by Nashville in the first round. So. Since Tampa lost in the ECF, Detroit has won one whole playoff game more than TB.

I don't think Dekeyser will sign here but you're high if you really think Detroit is "a lot closer to winning the cup" than Tampa is. High.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:37 AM
  #148
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
So he has a guarenteed spot In Detroit also? And who care If SFY Is his Idol that does'nt guarentee that he has any Interest In playing In Tampa Bay Detroits alot closer to winning the cup then Tampa Bay Is and that's pretty Important to DeKeyser plus being from Detroit and with the Red Wings being a world class organization, Plus Detroit Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of his parents and he played Hockey there In Detroit with his Son and there alot closer then this Witkowski dude .
Who cares if SFY is his idol? Well, it would seem DeKeyser does. It has already been established that the race is between Tampa and Detroit. Also, if Detroit so much closer to winning the cup, why can they offer the same thing as Tampa - guaranteed NHL roster spot to a undrafted FA with no professional experience?

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:26 AM
  #149
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Wasn't really sure where to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I want DeKeyser. I've been hearing that both he and Witkowski are waiting until Sunday to see what happens with the NCAA tournament? Is this true? And if they don't get in, both will be signing ASAP I'm assuming. Be nice to get both Sustr and DeKeyser, so work your magic Yzerman

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
  #150
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Wasn't really sure where to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I want DeKeyser. I've been hearing that both he and Witkowski are waiting until Sunday to see what happens with the NCAA tournament? Is this true? And if they don't get in, both will be signing ASAP I'm assuming. Be nice to get both Sustr and DeKeyser, so work your magic Yzerman
Yeah, I think their season ends this weekend; then they are ready to sign.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.