HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 03:35 PM
  #151
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,134
vCash: 500
I had to delete a couple of posts.

Let's keep it civil.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
  #152
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I had to delete a couple of posts.

Let's keep it civil.
I have been here for almost a year, and this is the first time I've seen LS flex some muscle

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:43 AM
  #153
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Teddy Purcell, Nate Thomson to Dallas for Brenden Morrow and Eric Cole. If we had to add more do it. Morrow adds more veteran leadership to our incoming kids and Cole adds an element of toughness along the boards. To me we need to add a couple more solid veterans to help pave the way for all our youth.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:00 PM
  #154
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Teddy Purcell, Nate Thomson to Dallas for Brenden Morrow and Eric Cole. If we had to add more do it. Morrow adds more veteran leadership to our incoming kids and Cole adds an element of toughness along the boards. To me we need to add a couple more solid veterans to help pave the way for all our youth.
Why? We have plenty of Veterans on the team don't need more. Isn't Morrow a UFA this summer too? If we are moving Purcell it's not to add a forward is to improve the D.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:06 PM
  #155
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Why? We have plenty of Veterans on the team don't need more. Isn't Morrow a UFA this summer too? If we are moving Purcell it's not to add a forward is to improve the D.
With the numbers of young guys on the team we could use the leadership of a guy like Morrow. You would be taking a chance on him walking as a UFA though. If that's the case the deal is Purcell for Cole, and I would much prefer his size and agreesiveness over Purcells skill, we have plenty of skill. The contracts are much the same and we get the grit we need. Somehow I think Yzerman could get Morrow to sign an extension. As far as defense go sorry Hose but most of our problems were solved with Lee gone., now if they can just get rid of Brewer.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:01 PM
  #156
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
With the numbers of young guys on the team we could use the leadership of a guy like Morrow. You would be taking a chance on him walking as a UFA though. If that's the case the deal is Purcell for Cole, and I would much prefer his size and agreesiveness over Purcells skill, we have plenty of skill. The contracts are much the same and we get the grit we need. Somehow I think Yzerman could get Morrow to sign an extension. As far as defense go sorry Hose but most of our problems were solved with Lee gone., now if they can just get rid of Brewer.
We have Malone and Pouliot for size and grit, Vinny, Marty and Salo for leadership so we're good on both. Lee wasn't the only one struggling on D, Brewer like you said needs to go and Carle needs to step up his game. If we trade Brewer that's a top 4 spot we need to fill so Purcell for that would be ideal.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:11 PM
  #157
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Come on Hose are you telling me we have enough size and grit ? With MSL 89 and Johnson, you better have a lot of sandpaper from your other forwards. I also don't think Purcell would bring in a trade as much as people think he would.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:13 PM
  #158
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
With the numbers of young guys on the team we could use the leadership of a guy like Morrow. You would be taking a chance on him walking as a UFA though. If that's the case the deal is Purcell for Cole, and I would much prefer his size and agreesiveness over Purcells skill, we have plenty of skill. The contracts are much the same and we get the grit we need. Somehow I think Yzerman could get Morrow to sign an extension. As far as defense go sorry Hose but most of our problems were solved with Lee gone., now if they can just get rid of Brewer.
Why do we need Morrow when we have Marty, Vinny, Bugsy, Salo etc etc as our vet presence.

This team finally needs to go through a youth movement IMO.

One addition I would like to see however is the addition of a player like Downie/Bergenheim.

In hindsight I wish we had never let Thor go, I know he is overpaid at $2.75 million a year, but I personally would prefer that (hell he may have even taken a slight discount to stay in Tampa) versus Eric 'plays like flaming garbage' Brewer at $3.75 million a year.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:14 PM
  #159
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Come on Hose are you telling me we have enough size and grit ? With MSL 89 and Johnson, you better have a lot of sandpaper from your other forwards. I also don't think Purcell would bring in a trade as much as people think he would.
We don't have enough size and grit, but you don't change that by altering the make-up of our top 6. You change the checkers around, players with grit and a scoring touch are rare and expensive as hell. Gritty bottom 6ers much less so.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
  #160
FDfranklin
Check Mate
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
. As far as defense go sorry Hose but most of our problems were solved with Lee gone., now if they can just get rid of Brewer.
I disagree, did you watch the Leafs game?

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:44 PM
  #161
Lecavilier_4
Registered User
 
Lecavilier_4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,542
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
We gonna' be buyers (for next season?) or sellers?

Lecavilier_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:50 PM
  #162
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecavilier_4 View Post
We gonna' be buyers (for next season?) or sellers?
Dont see Tampa Bay as buyers since there not going to make the playoffs once again this year.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:54 PM
  #163
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Scouts from three NHL Eastern Conference teams are at the Avs-Stars tonight and they are...

The Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators.
https://twitter.com/adater/status/315611760524664832

Not the first time we've been one of only a few teams attending an Avs game recently.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:16 PM
  #164
OrioleWay
Jailbait
 
OrioleWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 6,992
vCash: 500
Can Eric Brewer play the right side? How he looks nowadays and what is the price for him?

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM
  #165
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
He does play the right side. Doesn't have a ton of value.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:23 PM
  #166
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
@BoltProspects: RT @Buccigross: "@JamesHanke: @Buccigross Dan DeKeyser...wouldn't he have to clear waivers?"--No. Free Agent. Wasn't drafted. Late bloomer. $$ on Detroit/TB

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:32 PM
  #167
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I have been here for almost a year, and this is the first time I've seen LS flex some muscle
Behind the scenes, LS is a beast.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
  #168
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Can Eric Brewer play the right side? How he looks nowadays and what is the price for him?
You can take him if you agree to take Matt Carle. Throw in a 4th round pick if you want.

__________________
.
Be the Thunder.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:38 PM
  #169
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Beat You View Post
https://twitter.com/adater/status/315611760524664832

Not the first time we've been one of only a few teams attending an Avs game recently.
So are we scouting for us or the Red Wings? If we're essentially out of it, I guess any player playing tonight on the Avs roster can be dealt.....narrow it down and pick a french name...JS Giguere. Gives us an experienced backup to Lindback next year for only $1.5M.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:35 PM
  #170
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
So are we scouting for us or the Red Wings? If we're essentially out of it, I guess any player playing tonight on the Avs roster can be dealt.....narrow it down and pick a french name...JS Giguere. Gives us an experienced backup to Lindback next year for only $1.5M.
Nope. Garon will be resigned. Yzerman already stated as much.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 AM
  #171
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Nope. Garon will be resigned. Yzerman already stated as much.
Hmmm...haven't heard that. Lindback & Garon....again.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:58 AM
  #172
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Nope. Garon will be resigned. Yzerman already stated as much.
Just because a couple of two bit PBP guys speculate or even say Yzermam said something to THEM, and NO ONE else, doesn't mean it's true.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:15 AM
  #173
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Nope. Garon will be resigned. Yzerman already stated as much.
Yzerman said that he plans on resigning Garon. If he finds a better option, he will obviously go that route.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:12 AM
  #174
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Can Eric Brewer play the right side? How he looks nowadays and what is the price for him?
He can play either side, value isn't great though so a conditional pick(3rd if your team makes it past the first round, 4th if not or misses the playoffs) would be good in my opinion.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:39 PM
  #175
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Still say we need a better mix of veteran leadership to help the kids. I think that sometimes we put too much emphasis on who the coach is, and not enough on the on ice leadership on the team. Cooper has great leadership in Syracuse, in Tampa Bay not so much. This is the difference on the two teams.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.