HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

Old
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM
RealKrug47*

vCash: 500
Bruins fan here in peace.

Lots of local Boston media is talking about the B's getting MSL. Just wondering if theirs any talk down in Tampa about MSL being traded and if so, whats the cost?

RealKrug47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
MattM92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruWINS View Post

Lots of local Boston media is talking about the B's getting MSL. Just wondering if theirs any talk down in Tampa about MSL being traded and if so, whats the cost?
Just random rumors from other teams, but nothing based in any sort of reality. And I'd say it would cost something around what you were going to give for Iginla if we did trade him, which is doubtful imo

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

Dougie Hamilton.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Dougie Hamilton.
LMFAO. No way that would ever get done.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Jacko95

Quote:

Well we don't want to trade him and I can't see any reason to trade him to Boston other than Dougie Hamilton, so nothing will happen in my opinion.

And Yzerman won't trade him unless MSL asks to be traded ( and as of now I have heard nothing about him asking).

The final "no" comes from Boston bein a divisional rival next year and MSL has still 2 years left on his contract, so I doubt SY would trade him to Boston.

To the cost: If not Hamilton, it would have to be a BIG package. And I doubt Boston would give up half their prospect pool to get MSL. What I would like to see happen (but i don't want to give MSL up anyway) would be Seidenberg, first + prospect (koko, Spooner or Chudinov and a late pick because he is not signed)

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
MattM92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dougie Hamilton.
At which point Chiarelli would laugh and hang up the phone...

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Solus

so you guys dont anticipate MSL getting traded? i would rather have him than iginla and would add to the package we sent calgary to get him.

Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
HoseEmDown

St. Louis is top 5 in scoring this season and doesn't look to be slowing down. He's also not a rental with a manageable caphit. He will get much more than Iginlia. Hamilton has looked good so far but he gets to play with solid D partners and a good system. St. Louis will give them a better chance to win the cup than Hamilton, Julien will probably cut Hamilton's playing time in the playoffs. II'm sure Boston would be ok with losing Hamilton for a cup or two in the next 3 years.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
so you guys dont anticipate MSL getting traded? i would rather have him than iginla and would add to the package we sent calgary to get him.
The only things we've heard are hot air from analysts (much like Lindy Ruff being a "sure thing"). I don't expect him to be traded.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

He isn't. Doesn't want to waive/leave.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:06 PM
CC321

Marty leaving seems unlikely. We do have 61 million already spent for next year's 64 million cap though, with several guys still needing to be signed. We could drop some salary at the deadline. Probably won't be Marty though.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Solus

Quote:
Dougie Hamilton.
dougie is as close to untouchable as it gets. hes tied with chara for most points by a d-man on our team already and showing physicality lately as well. hes going to be an animal. im not taking anything away from MSL and if he was 5 years younger then i make the deal but the bruins are in no position to lose a d-man of dougies age and potential for a player well have for 2 or 3 years. at least having stamkos softens the blow of losing MSL's offense, the bruins have literally nobody to step into dougies spot if he leaves. our NHL level defense is thin as it is and our prospect pool at D is non-existant. i would trade seguin before hamilton if that helps put his value in perspective.

Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:39 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
dougie is as close to untouchable as it gets. hes tied with chara for most points by a d-man on our team already and showing physicality lately as well. hes going to be an animal. im not taking anything away from MSL and if he was 5 years younger then i make the deal but the bruins are in no position to lose a d-man of dougies age and potential for a player well have for 2 or 3 years. at least having stamkos softens the blow of losing MSL's offense, the bruins have literally nobody to step into dougies spot if he leaves. our NHL level defense is thin as it is and our prospect pool at D is non-existant. i would trade seguin before hamilton if that helps put his value in perspective.
Seguin for Marty then?

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Tampacuseforever

OK then let's start with Seguin, you throw in Dougie, and we'll give MSL and Matt Carle Just to help out in your depth problem you can have Brewer as well !!!

Tampacuseforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:42 PM
BoltSTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Marty leaving seems unlikely. We do have 61 million already spent for next year's 64 million cap though, with several guys still needing to be signed. We could drop some salary at the deadline. Probably won't be Marty though.
With Ohlund being on LTIR I think we can go his cap hit over that $65m, that almost doubles the cap space.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

What's with all the Marty talk in Boston? The only possible reason Marty would ever agree to go there isn't on the team anymore. (Thomas).

Stupid.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Tampacuseforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pyatt View Post
What's with all the Marty talk in Boston? The only possible reason Marty would ever agree to go there isn't on the team anymore. (Thomas).

Stupid.
That and the home in Conneticut

Tampacuseforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
bigfatfist

Travis Yost, the Sens blogger on HockeyBuzz just posted this:

"I've regularly pointed out that the Ottawa Senators have taken a particular liking to two franchises -- the Calgary Flames, and Tampa Bay Lightning -- in recent weeks. Scouts have appeared at their games regularly, as is generally the case in anticipation of the trade deadline.

Well, it certainly looks like one of those two fronts may be heating up. As friend Graeme Nichols pointed out this afternoon, Tampa Bay is reciprocating the interest on Thursday at Scotiabank Place.

The difference? Tampa Bay hasn't just sent any scout. They've dispatched Assistant General Manager Pat Verbeek."

Any ideas? Personally, I think Murray has shown more recent interest in trading for young players, as opposed to veteran help. Something akin to the Rundblad-Turris trade. I'm not overly familiar with a lot of Tampa's non-Connolly, although I know they have a lot.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Mr Underhill

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...Deal/134/50370

Ottawa and Tampa are apparently working on something.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...Deal/134/50370

Ottawa and Tampa are apparently working on something.
Not the most reliable source.

If it's something, doubt it's big. Div. rivals.

Murray and Yzerman go way back. He was Wings coach and GM for 90-93 and GM one year after that.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
TheeNorthStar
Ok, dis hockey

For the love of everything holy. I hope MSL stays and retires with but even more so.. NEVER becomes a Bruin. Id cry a thousand days.

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:08 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Not the most reliable source.

If it's something, doubt it's big. Div. rivals.

Murray and Yzerman go way back. He was Wings coach and GM for 90-93 and GM one year after that.
HockeyBuzz sucks, but Yost is legit. He's more interested in analytics than rumour mongering.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Glide5

I wonder if teddy's recent flash of talent and solid play might bring him back into the trade equations. Out of anyone available (ie no trade clauses) on our team, I think he would be the sexiest asset, and is completely replaceable in our lineups. Could also benefit a team needing a top 6 forward. IDK.. anyone else agree with me, or am I just out of my mind with all the speculation?

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
I wonder if teddy's recent flash of talent and solid play might bring him back into the trade equations. Out of anyone available (ie no trade clauses) on our team, I think he would be the sexiest asset, and is completely replaceable in our lineups. Could also benefit a team needing a top 6 forward. IDK.. anyone else agree with me, or am I just out of my mind with all the speculation?
What it take from a Sens PoV to get Purcell?

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:02 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
What it take from a Sens PoV to get Purcell?
Methot?