HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Show '13

Old
03-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 500
The Show '13

Discuss

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

will absolutely get later in the month. Once OS' rosters come out. I've got more than enough in my gaming queue to keep me going until then.

Easily the best sports series going right now. I just wish that you could import your RTTS character from year to year. I hate that every year I have to make the player again and slog my way through the minors for the 2nd/3rd/4th time. You should at least be able to import your old stats (and for pitchers, pitch selection) and get a fair crack at making it straight into the majors out of that first Spring Training.

I also wish they would get rid of the rubber-banding that the game does between simming your team's performance in games you're in vs ones you're not. As a starting pitcher, I'm getting sick of the fact that my teams can put up 3-5 runs a game easy in all the starts but mine, then struggle to score 1 run before the 8th inning when I start (and then, if I get pulled from the game, immediately score 6 runs in the next inning or two).

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:15 PM
UFancyHuh

Gonna get it this year, Jayss roster is stacked! I hope online doesnt lag.

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Dylonus

Already paid off through trade-in at Gamestop. I'm getting it at midnight. Can't wait!

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Already paid off through trade-in at Gamestop. I'm getting it at midnight. Can't wait!
Same here. So excited to get it

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

I might get it... Depends on what my traded in used game are worth...lol

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
My friend and I are splitting the cost and downloading it on PSN. Excited to play!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Heisenberg77

I've bought this game every year since inception, and I think I'm stopping this year.

This game suffers from the same thing the NHL suffers from. It's been a top sports game for years, and it's hard to fix something that isn't broken but it's getting stale. I've gotten bored with the gameplay.

But it's finally reached the breaking point with me. I'm bored with it and sick of the awful fielding mechanics and animations. Also, they've had some of the same swings and follow-throughs for 8 years now. Badly needs improvement.

I'll skip this year and make the leap for the PS4 version next March.

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I might get it... Depends on what my traded in used game are worth...lol
www.cheapassgamer.com

Create an account and go to "trade in values" and switch it to Gamestop. If you can traded in games before today; you could have gotten 50% bonus.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
I've bought this game every year since inception, and I think I'm stopping this year.

This game suffers from the same thing the NHL suffers from. It's been a top sports game for years, and it's hard to fix something that isn't broken but it's getting stale. I've gotten bored with the gameplay.

But it's finally reached the breaking point with me. I'm bored with it and sick of the awful fielding mechanics and animations. Also, they've had some of the same swings and follow-throughs for 8 years now. Badly needs improvement.

I'll skip this year and make the leap for the PS4 version next March.
Agreed with a lot of this. Especially the RTTS stuff, I just can't be bothered doing the same grind year after year.

I'll probably also skip it at least until it's in the bargain bins. Last year's version will continue to suffice for me for another year.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:07 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Agreed with a lot of this. Especially the RTTS stuff, I just can't be bothered doing the same grind year after year.

I'll probably also skip it at least until it's in the bargain bins. Last year's version will continue to suffice for me for another year.
The difference in hits is enough for me to spend the money. I'm hearing a lot of good things about the hitting and that's huge for me.

I really wished they had of got rid of Matty V though. He's a great announcer but it's been like 6 or 7 years. I need a change.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

Definitely getting this first thing tomorrow, wish we had a midnight release where I'm from. Pumped that I don't work until Wednesday night though.

ThankYouBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThankYouBasedGod View Post
Definitely getting this first thing tomorrow, wish we had a midnight release where I'm from. Pumped that I don't work until Wednesday night though.
There's a midnight release on PSN.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Richards to Gaborik

Actually, it seems to me like there are some pretty good improvements with RTTS. Or at least in my opinion, enough to warrant trying it out. The simulation thing is actually something I'm really interested in.

Richards to Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Dylonus

Can't wait to get this in the morning. Still bummed about Pittsburgh's ratings. I can't help but feel they got hosed.

Wasn't expecting elite, but some of these ratings are criminal.

Marte with only 81 speed? Dude better have one of the highest Arm Strength ratings.
Alvarez is inconsistent, horribly. But 76? I would have thought 80 for him and Jones (nothing more, but at least 80).
Walker at 81? Dude is definitely a top-10 2B. Most definitely, actually. I expected 85 after the season he had.
Burnett at 84 is low, too. How did Liriano get an 83?! and Rodriguez higher? No way.

The one Pirate that did get a massive rating... is ironically the one that was traded and that is Hanrahan. Dude is definitely good, but anything over 90 is horrible. How he got a 95 is beyond me. He's not a clutch closer.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
RussianRocket10

I wish I had a PS3 just for this game. I remember playing an older one on the PS2 and I was just blown away by the RTTS mode. I'm sure it's even better now than it was back then.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:06 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Can't wait to get this in the morning. Still bummed about Pittsburgh's ratings. I can't help but feel they got hosed.

Wasn't expecting elite, but some of these ratings are criminal.

Marte with only 81 speed? Dude better have one of the highest Arm Strength ratings.
Alvarez is inconsistent, horribly. But 76? I would have thought 80 for him and Jones (nothing more, but at least 80).
Walker at 81? Dude is definitely a top-10 2B. Most definitely, actually. I expected 85 after the season he had.
Burnett at 84 is low, too. How did Liriano get an 83?! and Rodriguez higher? No way.

The one Pirate that did get a massive rating... is ironically the one that was traded and that is Hanrahan. Dude is definitely good, but anything over 90 is horrible. How he got a 95 is beyond me. He's not a clutch closer.
Not clutch?

Dude has 91% conversion rate over the past two seasons while posting a 2.25 ERA.

If he's not clutch, all teams would want a closer who isn't clutch.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Hanrahan has a tendency to get into trouble and get bailed out by his defense. I'm expecting his numbers to take a pretty bad hit going from the NL Central and pitcher-friendly PNC Park to the AL East and Fenway.

I'd still rather complain about certain Pirates ratings than Hammer's stats, though. Dylonus nailed the complaints. Marte's speed rating is hilarious, the pitching ratings are way off, Walker is better than they give him credit for, and Alvarez...eh. 76 is borderline insulting, but basically all he has going for him is power and arm strength so it's easy to see why his rating would be so low.

McCutchen did get a cover boy ratings jump, though. There are less deserving 99s in the game, but I doubt he's more than a 96 without being on the cover.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Hanrahan has a tendency to get into trouble and get bailed out by his defense. I'm expecting his numbers to take a pretty bad hit going from the NL Central and pitcher-friendly PNC Park to the AL East and Fenway.

I'd still rather complain about certain Pirates ratings than Hammer's stats, though. Dylonus nailed the complaints. Marte's speed rating is hilarious, the pitching ratings are way off, Walker is better than they give him credit for, and Alvarez...eh. 76 is borderline insulting, but basically all he has going for him is power and arm strength so it's easy to see why his rating would be so low.

McCutchen did get a cover boy ratings jump, though. There are less deserving 99s in the game, but I doubt he's more than a 96 without being on the cover.
Exactly my point. Hammer is quite inconsistent. He's damn good, but 95? He's not elite.

I wasn't expecting above 80 for Alvarez; I'd leave him at 80. He's got elite power and elite arm strength as well, although he's horrendously inconsistent. He's got potential to be in that 86-87 range, but his inconsistency leaves him around 80. If he's only 76; what stats are that low? Probably contact and fielding accuracy? Jones being so low is horrendous. He had a great season and his main issue, which was hitting lefties; is clearly behind him. He's not great in that regard, but he's no longer a liability there. I would think around 80 with no future potential is fair.

What boggles my mind is how the hell Travis Snider was rated better than both of them

I would have gone with something like this

Marte - 73 (Speed has to be 90+ and Arm Strength anything less than 95 is just wrong. His plate discipline and vision need to be quite low, however).
Walker - 85 (has great contact and good fielding abilities. Decent speed. Low power though)
Cutch - 99 (Do I need to explain?)
Jones - 80
Alvarez - 80
Snider - 75 (Average all-around. No reason to be any better)
Martin - 82 (Inconsistent in AL. I think he'll earn his 84 rating and move to 85)
Barmes - 70 (speed and hitting should be low; defense should be high)

Personally, I would put Pittsburgh in that 18-20 range. Their in a group of teams that could be as high as 14 but as low as 20. They're better than what they're given credit for; but nothing to gloat over.

I just hope that our top prospects don't get poor ratings. Hopefully the OperationSports rosters finally remember to include Alen Hanson!!!

Old
03-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Can't wait to get home from work and play this.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Dylonus

Got the game at 10 am when Gamestop opened... got the 12,000 RTTS training points as the pre-order

What do you know? Neither code works. Says it's invalid or already used

Typical Gamestop

Old
03-05-2013, 11:20 AM
CP31

Hey guys,

MLB 13 The Shiw is the only PS3 game I buy each year. I could wait a few days and get a hard copy of the game or I could dowoad the digital copy today. Which would you do? What are the pros and cons of a digital copy?

CP31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:13 PM
MoonlightGraham

Just picked it up. I won't have much time to play before the weekend though.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Hey guys,

MLB 13 The Shiw is the only PS3 game I buy each year. I could wait a few days and get a hard copy of the game or I could dowoad the digital copy today. Which would you do? What are the pros and cons of a digital copy?
Big con is that it's 20GB to download so it'll wipe a good amount of your space out, also take forever to download.

I'm in the retail is always better camp. You can always sell it later if you wanted, install it as many times as you want on multiple systems, bring it to a friend's house...

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote