HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus-Minus Thread | Penguins 7, Canadiens 6

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
wheelz87
B2B Predictor Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
he's playing plenty. it doesn't help that his linemates were pretty rough tonight and deserved to play less. But in a game like that I don't know how you could put BB in over either Cooke or Neal. Both had really good games.
Not disagreeing that Cooke and Neal were good tonight, but it's a friggen joke that BB got < 10 mins of ice time. Craig Adams almost had more.. BB showed some big time physicality tonight, something I really wasn't aware of in his game. He made a sweet saucer pass in the early going, hell I thought he was flying out there.

Man I just feel were wasting a big asset. And I know his time will come and he'll be playing with the big boys.. but if he can play with them now, why hold him back?

Old
03-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Hophog

Quote:
right, I don't want to move Despres. I'd much rather move Niskanen or Orpik. I'm just saying what it would take to consider it.
Oh no. I knew what you were saying. I didn't think you were advocating moving Depres. I was throwing my 2 cents into your conversation I don't think Orpik is as bad as people are making him out to be. I just think the expectations are for him to be more than he is as a Penguin and I think he might have a good bit more value than people are giving him credit for. Probably a good bit more trade value than Depres has at this stage.

Old
nhindian

+Sid
+Kunitz
+Sutter
+Bennett
+Not trading Fleury

-----Vokoun
-Orpik
-TK

Old
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina View Post
He should have been fired over 10 years ago. He has become beyond awful, there's no way he does his homework before a game. A telemarketer from India has a better chance at getting your name right.
It's just amazing that he's on national TV doing marquee games.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47

This win just masked the issue of our team defense and goaltending still looking like dog ****.

But hey, a wins a win right? Who cares if it's yet another game that reminds us all of last playoffs.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
vodeni

-our defensive game in general, and that starts with forwards, they are in fault that things are pushed down our throat the more they forecheck the better our defense is. with all the rebounds TV and MAF giving its just a matter of time when one of those pucks is going into the net..
+having said this before the game broke down, the second line was onto something, I liked the forecheck, Neal's presence draw oponents and provides more space for Sutter and Cooke.
+ everyone said about 47, lets not make Norris out of him, I see him blown by twice, but he has presence there, actually remind me of time when Tanger was establishing himself on the team. There will be mistakes but he is a keeper.
+Sidney F......Crosby, he is back, the way he skates, the way he hustled tonight..awsome
-I will go against the prevalent opinion here but BB has not shown me anything. I am stretching my eyes everytime he is on ice just watching him to see what is it I am missing, still haven't seen anything. Not hating just saying.
+I actually like that DB didn't pull TV...he is a vet let him fight through,

Old
03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Penguinzilla*

+/- : Simon Day-Pray. - for his defensive issues. + For his aggressive play in OT, you could tell he wanted to make something happen real bad as soon as he touched the puck in the defensive zone.
+ Sid... are you serious? I still think he's 90% of the old Sid and still getting better, yet he was unbelievable. He's just awesome.
+ Letang. Seemed more determined to make things happen, like Karlsson (sp) does on Ottawa. He needs to play like this more.

- Kennedy. Enough already
- Vokoum. Yikes
- Orpik. He needs to stop being so *** casual, as if he's so great. He acts likes he's God or something and just kinda farts around.
- Burtuzzo. I know he didn't play but he sucks.
- Bylsma. PLAY DAY-PRAY EVERY GAME AND LET HIM DEVELOP! UGH

forgot the rest

Old
03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Smacker
#LetsGoPens

+ Sutter 2+0.
+ Kunitz 2+1, he played well.
+ Sid 1+2!
+ Cooke 2+0, he was good, and two goals.. Wou!

- Vokoun
- Bylsma
- We lose 4-2 lead again.

But great win! LGP!

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I just find that people are way too dismissive about goaltending sometimes. Seriously, Montreal had what, 8 scoring chances the entire game?

That's why I bring up the Carolina game as an example.
Do you think I am? Vokoun sucked. But, Price sucked too. It was the same thing in the playoffs against the Flyers. But, in the same way that you think people too easily dismiss the importance of bad goaltending, one might suggest that you too quickly use it as a brush over the team's other significant problems.

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
Not disagreeing that Cooke and Neal were good tonight, but it's a friggen joke that BB got < 10 mins of ice time. Craig Adams almost had more.. BB showed some big time physicality tonight, something I really wasn't aware of in his game. He made a sweet saucer pass in the early going, hell I thought he was flying out there.

Man I just feel were wasting a big asset. And I know his time will come and he'll be playing with the big boys.. but if he can play with them now, why hold him back?
again, my question is where is the spot for him in a game like today? I do have to wonder how he ended up with 3 less ES minutes than either Jeffrey or TK though. Hadn't noticed that before. That shouldn't happen; at least not TK.

As for Adams, he just gets PK time. He played 3 less ES minutes than BB.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
This win just masked the issue of our team defense and goaltending still looking like dog ****.

But hey, a wins a win right? Who cares if it's yet another game that reminds us all of last playoffs.
how did it mask anything? I think it was pretty blatant. There's no way Shero looks at that game positively.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:31 PM
plaidchuck

vCash: 200
Yep glad I still didnt watch the rest of the game. This wasn't just some wild shootout.. 4+ goals allowed in 3 straight games.. garbage. They got the win through horrible goaltending and some good individual plays/bounces...

Old
03-02-2013, 09:31 PM
jester91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Still say its a must we do not trade Depsres, no matter how many d prospects we have. Trade Orpik or Nisky if you're looking to make a hockey trade for a winger
agree 100 percent. ORPIK'S starting on the down side of his career but still has desent trade value.Deprese looks like he could evolve into a legit top line defenseman

Old
03-02-2013, 09:32 PM
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47

Quote:
how did it mask anything? I think it was pretty blatant.
Well you're not one of the blind people that post here.

Old
Gold Diamond
Watermarks

+++++ Scoring 7 goals. That's awesome.

----- needing all 7 of them to WIN, and giving the Habs the pity point.

Old
JQR
Clearly it's Lovejoy

I'm actually amazed that there were no fights.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
It's just amazing that he's on national TV doing marquee games.
I can't explain it. I still remember how he used to call Surovy "Sir Roy". He mixes players up constantly (even ones who's numbers aren't even similar and shoot opposite of each other), rambles, can't follow the play, mispronounces names, etc... It must be nice to have that kind of job security.

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Well you're not one of the blind people that post here.
haha thanks, but I haven't seen a single person say this was a good game for us. this was blatant enough that HF can see it

Old
Lionel Hutz

+ some new guy named daypray, he had a whale of a game.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
if Orpik watches Monday night from the Press Box, I swear to not ***** about Bylsma for one full month.
I'll give it a week.

If I win the lottery, I'll give it six days.

The extra day of not ******* about Bylsma if he benches Orpik is only fair. After all, me winning the lottery is more likely.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:34 PM
KIRK

Quote:
how did it mask anything? I think it was pretty blatant. There's no way Shero looks at that game positively.
Pretty tough to tell what that guy thinks.

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'll give it a week.

If I win the lottery, I'll give it six days.

The extra day of not ******* about Bylsma if he benches Orpik is only fair. After all, me winning the lottery is more likely.
I'd be happy just to see him dropped to the third pairing once Martin is back. He's just not one of our 4 best d-men at this point.

Old
wheelz87
B2B Predictor Champ

Quote:
again, my question is where is the spot for him in a game like today? I do have to wonder how he ended up with 3 less ES minutes than either Jeffrey or TK though. Hadn't noticed that before. That shouldn't happen; at least not TK.

As for Adams, he just gets PK time. He played 3 less ES minutes than BB.
I mean, Dups didn't set the world on fire today. He and Cooke can switch every once in a while. IDK I feel he should have been rewarded tonight. Like I said, I thought he was great tonight in his very limited opportunities. He is a guy that can create on his own (not that we needed that so much tonight) and I hate to see guys like him stifled up sitting on the bench. Cooke had a great game, but Cooke doesn't do this all the time. And Bennett has been fantastic defensively, wish Bylsma would trust his younger players once in a while. (though I won't get into THAT thread)

Old
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Ugene Malkin
Drank from the Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I also think Pro-Bylsma people would do well to point out that the team continued to fight back despite Vokoun attempting to rip their souls from their bodies. Impressed with their resilience in this one.

Now... I've praised Despres a lot. Let me do it again: Bylsma was rotating 41/47 based on who he wanted the more physical D against - sitting Despres for Bort for "more physicality".

Despres was our most physical Dman tonight. He should be getting top-4 minutes (with Letang?) and nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise. He shouldn't be sat. He shouldn't be sent down. He shouldn't do the hokey pokey and turn himself around. Either play him top-4 minutes or trade him. Anything else is a waste of a super-talented guy.
That would be one of my pluses, fighting back when they could have easily crumbled.

++++Kunitz with a +14 and 11-16 for 27 behind only, Crosby.
++Sutter
++Cooke
++++Cooke, Sutter, Neal line in general
++Letang these skating with ice suite him so much
++Crosby

-defense
-Orpik
_Kennedy

Old
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM
PensFanSince1989