HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013: Stanley Cup (pittsburgh)

Old
03-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

vCash: 500
2013: Stanley Cup (pittsburgh)

You may say it's early..

Maybe it's too soon.

But hey, it is March after all.

The 2013 stanley will no doubt be won amongst controversy. No doubt your beer buddies who are fans of Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver will lay excuses upon you... Should you're Montreal Canadiens win the great cup.

"It was a shortened season, it's not a real cup win"

"My team traditionally starts slow and then picks it up, because of the shortened season you're team didn't really win the cup"

" You just watch next real season we will see where your team really stands."

Well after watching the Habs play Pittsburgh tonight. I can tell you that they are no joke. We scored six check'em six goals against Pittsburgh. We must not be for real. Otherwise we wouldn't of lost to Pittsburgh tonight. Then again from a Hab fan prospective, we're also going to lose to Boston tomorrow. Without a doubt we will. Trade Price he let in six goals fan's will shout.

Listen. This team is great. It is typical of Pittsburgh to forget about defense and just go NUTS . it's a cool game plan, because then we forget about defense and go NUTS. This is the team that will provide us with entertainment in the playoffs (yes I had the balls to assume we will be in the play-offs.

To the point of the thread

Should your Habs win the stanley cup this year (which they will of course... I've done the math... 100% chance)

How would you re-act.. I know my buddies would chirp me with the fact it wasn't a real season blah blah blah!

Would you recognize it as a real championship?

Habbybirthday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:03 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

im not sure who says that winning the cup this year makes it fake or not a real championship, but those people are morons. you win the cup...and you win the cup...its that simple.

and habs fans...your asking what habs fans would do if we won the cup...we`d probly explode

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Takashi

Yes, it's a real championship. Bcuz what matters is the playoffs. You can have whatever season (and make the playoffs, even barely), it's the playoffs that will count. The habs are tied for first in the East, so they woudl've have lot of chance of making the playoffs in a 82 game schedule. So its doesn't matter if it is a 48 or 82 games season.

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
im not sure who says that winning the cup this year makes it fake or not a real championship, but those people are morons. you win the cup...and you win the cup...its that simple.

and habs fans...your asking what habs fans would do if we won the cup...we`d probly explode
Yeah.. It's true.. To be honest... I'd strap dynamite to my chest and detonate it.

But first.. I'd burn a car.

Habbybirthday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:36 AM
habsinsider

We'll make the playoffs...but no way we're winning the cup. Sorry. We need more pieces in place.

habsinsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:56 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider View Post
We'll make the playoffs...but no way we're winning the cup. Sorry. We need more pieces in place.
What "pieces"?

Sure, this team isn't likely to win the cup, but how many Boston fans anticipated their cup run? Or Canes fans? Heck, I'd bet some Ducks fans were pretty surprised by their run. Generally, the team that stays healthiest wins so long as their goaltending is above average. There are no more dominant cup winning teams.

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:43 AM
PricePkPatch

I'll make the argument I made in the common board thread.

The only thing the shortened season will impact is the final standings. It'll be hard to make case of one's team quality based on its current position.

However, winning the Cup still required 16 victories. It is as hard as during a regular season. The Cup is as valid as any other years.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Every team will play the same amount of games. Every team is in the same boat. No excuses.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
habtastic

If they did, then yes, why not? It's not like we got clemency from the league for nearly murdering a team's best player or some ridiculous ref favouring including a historically bizarre ECF game 7 with no penalties called at all when you happen to have a terrible PP and the other team the best. Let's not even get into the Vancouver series shenanigans including the sudden crackdown on concussions (laid by an arguably fine playoff hit).

All the teams are playing just as hard. It's a championship to be won and at the end of the day, the playoffs aren't being shortened. The Stanley Cup is about the playoffs. I don't think many people can say we don't play the kind of hockey that could get us through 82 games into the 8th spot. Either way, it's equal for all teams.

Boy do I hope there is a reason to have to defend this scenario when the Cup is lifted.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

as much as i wanna win it this year, i too, have thought about how people won't consider it legitimate.

but whoever does win it, i will be using that argument against them

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:24 PM
No Team Needed

You see you need this thing called goaltending and you see the Pittsburgh Penguins...

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Yeah.. It's true.. To be honest... I'd strap dynamite to my chest and detonate it.

But first.. I'd burn a car.
Or you know, just enjoy a couple drinks, share some smiles and laughs while chanting.

Every team is in the same situation. 48 games is different than 82, but every team plays the same amount of games and need to win 16 games.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote