HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Blue Jackets - All Time Team?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2014, 03:03 PM
  #1
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,451
vCash: 500
Columbus Blue Jackets - All Time Team?

Rick Nash - Sergei Fedorov - Nikolay Zherdev
Kristian Huselius - David Výborný - Ray Whitney
Geoff Sanderson - Espen Knutsen - RJ Umberger
Jason Chimera - Antoine Vermette - Manny Malhotra


Fyodor Tyutin - Jan Hejda
Jack Johnson - Jaroslav Spacek
Adam Foote - Marc Methot


Sergei Bobrovski
Marc Denis




Some players I forgot? How would this team do in todays NHL? Feel free to make your own CBJ all time team!

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 03:08 PM
  #2
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 18,883
vCash: 500
Honestly our current team would probably beat our all time team

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 04:03 PM
  #3
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,976
vCash: 500
Andrew Cassell would be in my lineup over Chimera or RJ

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
  #4
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Honestly our current team would probably beat our all time team
I know there are a lot of players on our current team who I would rather have.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 06:03 PM
  #5
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Honestly our current team would probably beat our all time team
True. And our top two centers in franchise history might be Johansen and Dubinsky.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 07:22 AM
  #6
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 500
Are we pretending Carter was never here?

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 07:32 AM
  #7
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 20,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Are we pretending Carter was never here?
Why would we have to pretend? I mean, in spirit he never was.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
  #8
CBJ Bob
Summer Time Blues
 
CBJ Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: In Hiding
Country: United States
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Are we pretending Carter was never here?
Anson or Jeff?

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 09:34 AM
  #9
DarkandStormy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 614
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Is this "all-time" meaning we get the players in their prime? Or all-time as in we get the players at the level they played when in Columbus? (e.g. do we get Columbus Adam Foote or Colorado Adam Foote?)


Last edited by DarkandStormy: 06-06-2014 at 11:31 AM.
DarkandStormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 09:39 AM
  #10
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,201
vCash: 500
Chimera and Denis - there are better options, IMO, for them. If you are using current roster players, as you did with Johnson, RJ, and Bob, then your list is all jacked up.

Cassels should be in there. With current roster players there is no way Methot is in there and I'd argue there is no place for Hejda

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 07:23 PM
  #11
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
Anson or Jeff?
Either one.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2014, 06:19 AM
  #12
CBJWings
Registered User
 
CBJWings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Where is Cassell? That's an outrage

CBJWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2014, 03:29 PM
  #13
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
Rick Nash - Sergei Fedorov - Nikolay Zherdev
Kristian Huselius - David Výborný - Ray Whitney
Geoff Sanderson - Espen Knutsen - RJ Umberger
Jason Chimera - Antoine Vermette - Manny Malhotra


Fyodor Tyutin - Jan Hejda
Jack Johnson - Jaroslav Spacek
Adam Foote - Marc Methot


Sergei Bobrovski
Marc Denis




Some players I forgot? How would this team do in todays NHL? Feel free to make your own CBJ all time team!
Sure

Rick Nash-Ryan Johansen-Ray Whitney
Geoff Sanderson-Brandon Dubinsky-David Vyborny
RJ Umberger-Andrew Cassels-Nathan Horton
Kristian Huselius-Sergei Fedorov-Jeff ******
Espen Knutsen (HM)

Jack Johnson-Adam Foote
Fedor Tyutin-James Wisniewski
Jaroslav Spacek-Jan Hejda
Marc Methot (HM)

Sergei Bobrovsky
Steve Mason
Ron Tugnutt (HM)

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 09:45 AM
  #14
DarkandStormy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 614
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Sure

Rick Nash-Ryan Johansen-Ray Whitney
Geoff Sanderson-Brandon Dubinsky-David Vyborny
RJ Umberger-Andrew Cassels-Nathan Horton
Kristian Huselius-Sergei Fedorov-Jeff ******
Espen Knutsen (HM)

Jack Johnson-Adam Foote
Fedor Tyutin-James Wisniewski
Jaroslav Spacek-Jan Hejda
Marc Methot (HM)

Sergei Bobrovsky
Steve Mason
Ron Tugnutt (HM)
Are you basing that on their play in a CBJ uniform or just their overall performance as a player? E.g. Horton hasn't done anything to warrant him being a top 9 forward in CBJ history. So it seems you are basing that on his play as a Bruin/Panther more so than his contributions for Columbus. Which is the problem with "all-time" teams. Is it based on the player that he was in Columbus or his entire career in the NHL? Because surely Federov had a better than Dubinsky has put together, no?

I think Brassard should be included. 5th most points all time for the Blue Jackets, one ahead of Geoff Sanderson.

DarkandStormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 01:15 PM
  #15
Wisnutsen21
Registered User
 
Wisnutsen21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus
Country: Canada
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
One of my Xbox franchise teams:

Rick Nash - Ryan Johansen - Ray Whitney
Nathan Horton - Espen Knutsen - Vinny Prospal
Geoff Sanderson - Sergei Fedorov - Marian Gaborik
Jody Shelley - Brandon Dubinsky - Nick Foligno



Jack Johnson - James Wisniewski
Fedor Tyutin - Ryan Murray
Bryan Berard - Ole-kristian Tollefsen



Sergei Bobrovski
Ron Tugnutt

Wisnutsen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 03:01 PM
  #16
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnutsen21 View Post
Ole-kristian Tollefsen

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 08:54 PM
  #17
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStorm45 View Post
Are you basing that on their play in a CBJ uniform or just their overall performance as a player? E.g. Horton hasn't done anything to warrant him being a top 9 forward in CBJ history. So it seems you are basing that on his play as a Bruin/Panther more so than his contributions for Columbus. Which is the problem with "all-time" teams. Is it based on the player that he was in Columbus or his entire career in the NHL? Because surely Federov had a better than Dubinsky has put together, no?

I think Brassard should be included. 5th most points all time for the Blue Jackets, one ahead of Geoff Sanderson.
The question was "How well would this team fare today?" ... I iced what I felt would be the best lineup if each player played up to their full potential. If I made a "CBJ All-time Roster" based on how guys performed here, it would be dominated by one year wonders like Grant Glitsome and Steve Heinze.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 09:40 PM
  #18
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,427
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Why would we have to pretend? I mean, in spirit he never was.
Nor was Gaborik, Foote, Fedorov, Sydor, Filatov, Zhedev or many others I guess... Carter looks pretty smart being one game from winning the Cup as of today...

Tugger should be the #1 all-time goal tender.. (as of today)


Last edited by Robert: 06-09-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.