HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game #21: Blues @ Stars 3/3/2013 2 p.m. CST FS-MW

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Still don't understand why Redden is in for Cole. Cole makes good outlet passes, is faster, and isn't a moron.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

That period was a good parallel for the Blues' season thus far. Outplay a team most of the period and end up on the short end because of bad turnovers and poor goaltending. Hopefully they respond.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
BadgersandBlues

Wade Redden and Brian Elliott are anchors on this team right now. Elliott just cannot make a crucial save. It's that simple.

I love Armstrong, but he hasn't solved our problem on left D, which has been glaring since the time of the HumanIRMachine. I don't care if we have to overpay with draft picks and prospects. Get a god damn decent LHD already, as long as you're not trading someone from our core. Just get it done.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
Yeah, who's still on the Elliott bandwagon?

Old
03-03-2013, 02:50 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Why is his name roussel now?
Uh...

Man Elliott and Redden are dead weight on this team. They are freakin' killing us. Ugh, wish we could get rid of them.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

If I recall correctly, all of Dallas' goals the first time around came off of bad turnovers.

We clearly are a better team and if they just cut out the stupid mistakes, we should win.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
Wade Redden and Brian Elliott are anchors on this team right now. Elliott just cannot make a crucial save. It's that simple.

I love Armstrong, but he hasn't solved our problem on left D, which has been glaring since the time of the HumanIRMachine. I don't care if we have to overpay with draft picks and prospects. Get a god damn decent LHD already, as long as you're not trading someone from our core. Just get it done.
What's become funny about the LHD issue is that it's clear the Blues don't need anything close to a dominate, upper-tier defenseman.

They just need someone who can manage pucks, play solid defense, and clear the front of the net.

Someone who can friggin put Wade Redden in the press box.

It shouldn't be that difficult to accomplish.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Fred Murtz

Erik Cole goal 1-1

Old
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

I understand Cole had a rough game against Chicago, but the whole team did. Cole isn't ideal but he's better than the alternative

Old
OCTA8ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post

Armstrong has been working on it. You can't just expect other GMs to just say yes. These things take time and need to be worked out carefully. Army is probably pretty aware of how many games we have left as well as the situation as a whole. Let's just trust the GM of the Year.

Old
Harley83

Antoine Roussel didn't have a windshield to stop the impact of that wreck..

Old
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Uh...

Man Elliott and Redden are dead weight on this team. They are freakin' killing us. Ugh, wish we could get rid of them.
But who would take them?

Old
03-03-2013, 02:56 PM
GrandPapillon

It really is. So why make a panic trade of one of our core when the real problem with this team are the Russells Reddens Elliotts etc. Trading the core does nothing to solve anything. Maybe the Blues shouldn't have been cheapasses and actually paid an average LHD this offseason so the talent on the team isn't surrounded by crap. Also, Brian Elliott better be on waivers by the end of the night.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Harley83

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
But who would take them?
I hear Elliott is really good at juggling

Old
03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
But who would take them?
I don't know. Waivers, buy out might not be bad options.

I sure would rather have Allen and Woywitka here than Elliott and Redden.

Old
Alklha

Cole is going to have bad games, he is being asked too much, too soon in many respects. Doesn't change that fact that he is our best option. Despite his flaws, he has got to be starting every game.

I was all for the Redden signing, it was low risk/high reward. The fact it hasn't worked doesn't make the decision to sign Redden a bad one. Hitchcock persisting to play him makes it a bad decision.

Old
Fred Murtz

Derek Roy goal 2-1

Old
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Cole is going to have bad games, he is being asked too much, too soon in many respects. Doesn't change that fact that he is our best option. Despite his flaws, he has got to be starting every game.

I was all for the Redden signing, it was low risk/high reward. The fact it hasn't worked doesn't make the decision to sign Redden a bad one. Hitchcock persisting to play him makes it a bad decision.
Agree.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

I'm far from a goaltending guru, but I remember Elliott's posture being a lot "bigger" when he went down last year. He would get out high, and keep an erect posture. This year it seems like he's consistently a bit further back and more hunched over.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:01 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post

A veteran coach will always prefer a veteran player. That should come as no surprise.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
I'm far from a goaltending guru, but I remember Elliott's posture being a lot "bigger" when he went down last year. He would get out high, and keep an erect posture. This year it seems like he's consistently a bit further back and more hunched over.
That is a fair analysis. He doesn't have enough aggressiveness nor confidence in his game. We see this with a lot of struggling keepers.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:03 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

If the Blues are paying (or overpaying) for LHD help, I really want them to take whatever time is necessary to find the right piece. There's nothing worse than blowing assets in a panic move that doesn't end up solving the problem.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Mike Liut

we are just throwing games away playing Elliott and Redden over Cole and Halak.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Just joined the game, my plans ran late. Surprised to see Elliott playing, bummed to see/hear he's still not doing well at all. I really hope the Blues have a win in them this game. C'mon guys...

Old
03-03-2013, 03:06 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
If the Blues are paying (or overpaying) for LHD help, I really want them to take whatever time is necessary to find the right piece. There's nothing worse than blowing assets in a panic move that doesn't end up solving the problem.
But I don't think they would need to burn a lot of assets for certain guys. And even just average players like Hainsey would be upgrades over what we currently have. Sadly, I think that's the reality of this season's trade options with our budget constraints.

Wedden is brutal and Hitchcock is never fully going to trust Cole. When the going gets tough, he always prefers the veteran.

Closed Thread