HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Game 22 - March 3rd, 2013 - Hurricanes @ Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Erick*

vCash: 500
Huberdeau got the two goals, but it's worth noting that both of Mueller's passes on those goals were absolutely perfect.

Old
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut View Post
I want this team to pick top-2. That would be a good thing.
A good thing would be if this team made the playoffs.

This is nothing more than a consolation "prize", whatever pick we get.

Old
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
Carolina didn't show up to play today and still won because their goaltending was great and ours was Scott Clemmensen.

It's that simple.

Can we change the title of the other thread to "Call up Grumet-Morris", demote Clemmensen" now?

Yes, I'm serious.
Go into edit and change it, it's your thread, lol.

Old
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
A rookie has almost 20% of the goals for the Panthers.
Our vets are pathetic.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
batting1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
The frustrating part is how we CAN play with much urgency and heart like we did in the last 2 min, but for some reason, most of the team chooses not to.
It's so disheartening. We're capable of it, but it seems it requires a minute and a half left and a nice-sized deficit.

Old
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Nothing against Clemmer, but I hope some GM is stupid enough to take on that extra year.

Old
Erick*

I want Weiss and Versteeg traded.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Nothing against Clemmer, but I hope some GM is stupid enough to take on that extra year.
No chance, lol.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Huberdeau got the two goals, but it's worth noting that both of Mueller's passes on those goals were absolutely perfect.
Thought that was Soup on the 2nd, but my friends' were using me as a jungle gym, so I'm probably wrong.

That's all I care about this season, how they're doing. Hoping Guds starts progressing and stops regressing. He hasn't much, but over the few games I've seen it.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:40 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
I'm not 100%, and I since changed the channel so I can't rewind,, ,but I don't recall seeing Weiss out there at the end of the game with the extra attacker.

Good on Dineen, poor efforts shouldn't be rewarded.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Billy looks like crap. What's wrong with him?

Old
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post

That's all I care about this season, how they're doing. Hoping Guds starts progressing and stops regressing. He hasn't much, but over the few games I've seen it.
I've noticed as well. Sloppy coverage and passes lately. He got a few shots on net in the third though.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
batting1k

Quote:
Thought that was Soup on the 2nd, but my friends' were using me as a jungle gym, so I'm probably wrong.

Soup had the breakaway, didn't score, then Mueller got the puck, passed across to Hub and he scored.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Erick*

Quote:

Soup got the 2nd assist after being robbed on a breakaway.
Mueller made the perfect pass.

Guds has been rather disappointing, but some of the guys on the team are so bad that I haven't really had a problem with his play. It would be nice if Dineen started using him on the powerplay more...

Old
03-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Erick*

Quote:
I'm not 100%, and I since changed the channel so I can't rewind,, ,but I don't recall seeing Weiss out there at the end of the game with the extra attacker.

Good on Dineen, poor efforts shouldn't be rewarded.
Well yeah, he's not going to put an AHL player out there in the final minute.

Campbell is pissed.
Weiss, on the other hand, said some **** like "one point is better than none" the other night.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:47 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
Guds has been rather disappointing, but some of the guys on the team are so bad that I haven't really had a problem with his play. It would be nice if Dineen started using him on the powerplay more...
I'd be interested to see what Guds can do on the PP if he just parked right infront of the net like Pronger.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:52 PM
PBPantherfan
1st place WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Last with a game in hand over the division.

Why did I just buy tix for Tuesday again?
To see Marky and kid line play no other reason to go.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Well yeah, he's not going to put an AHL player out there in the final minute.

Campbell is pissed.
Weiss, on the other hand, said some **** like "one point is better than none" the other night.
Too many losing years under his belt.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
RainingRats

This team has a lot of problems. Goaltending is a problem and the easiest to blame because when their play is poor it's obvious, goals against.

We really have a few huge problems.

-Team Defense
Backchecking is a joke, Weiss is a prime example of a lazy player. Matthias made a nice play coming back and skating hard.
Our D men don't communicate. Campbell let Semin go around him when Guds was in good position because we had a forward coming back to get the last man high on the 3on2. Communication issue here.
They frequently screen our goalies. Robak today was a good example of that.
Sloppy positioning and leaving people wide open in the slot.

Work Ethic-
Only the kid line consistently works hard. Mueller said even said that was a main reason for their success. Skill aside, they work their tails off and create chances outworking their opponents.

Finishing-
We could have been up by a few goals in the first five minutes today. We didn't finish then Carolina takes the lead, finishes on theirs.

Not enough puck possession-
The reason why the kid line is + is because they play in the offensive zone a lot more than the defensive zone.They're the only line we have that does. That's a skill issue to a degree but again more of an effort thing. It takes hard work to cycle the puck. The best defense is a good offense.

Not enough PPs-
This goes back to puck possession in the offensive zone and working hard. When we score on the PP we win a lot more. When we don't, we lose.

Too easy to play against-
We're so soft around the net. We barely throw any hits. We're an easy team to play against. One of the easiest in the league. There are no consequences and no reason not to take liberties against our players.

PK sucks
Team defense, specifically communication and not being in proper positioning.

We only scored 2 goals tonight. You're not going to win games scoring two goals.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
To see Marky and kid line play no other reason to go.
Watch him not play Tuesday because they forgot his jersey or something.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
A good thing would be if this team made the playoffs.

This is nothing more than a consolation "prize", whatever pick we get.
MacKinnon and Jones aren't exactly your normal consolation prizes.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
This team has a lot of problems. Goaltending is a problem and the easiest to blame because when their play is poor it's obvious, goals against.

-Team Defense
Backchecking is a joke, Weiss is a prime example of a lazy player. Matthias made a nice play coming back and skating hard.
Our D men don't communicate. Campbell let Semin go around him when Guds was in good position because we had a forward coming back to get the last man high on the 3on2. Communication issue here.

Work Ethic-
Only the kid line consistently works hard. Mueller said even said that was a main reason for their success. Skill aside, they work their tails off and create chances outworking their opponents.

Finishing-
We could have been up by a few goals in the first five minutes today. We didn't finish then Carolina takes the lead, finishes on theirs.

The reason why the kid line is + is because they play in the offensive zone a lot more than the defensive zone.They're the only line we have that does. That's a skill but again more of an effort thing. It takes hard work to cycle the puck. The best defense is a good offense.

Not enough PPs-
This goes back to puck possession in the offensive zone and working hard. When we score on the PP we win a lot more. When we don't, we lose.

We're so soft around the net. We barely throw any hits. We're an easy team to play against. One of the easiest in the league. There are no consequences and no reason not to take liberties against our players.

PK sucks

We only scored 2 goals tonight. You're not going to win games scoring two goals.
I agree.

Although, I will say that we only scored 2 goals tonight because Carolina's goaltenders made some big stops. They deserve credit for that. Our goaltenders...don't make big stops often this year.

We pretty much outplayed them tonight, and it's not the only time that's happened the past few weeks.

We have problems, but goaltending is the biggest problem.

There are a lot of bad defenses in the NHL. There is no excuse for a goaltender to be allowing over 4 goals per game like Clemmensen has.

We're not even the worst defensive team in the NHL. Is it a problem? Yeah. But it's not impossible to stop pucks on this team. The team defense wasn't much better last year, but pucks were stopped.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:00 PM
batting1k

Quote:
Most games we've scored in excess of 4-6 goals and we've still lost due to the issues you've mentioned.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:

-Team Defense

Work Ethic-

Finishing-

The reason why the kid line is + is because they play in the offensive zone a lot more than the defensive zone.They're the only line we have that . That's a skill but again more of an effort thing. It takes hard work to cycle the puck. The best defense is a good offense.

Not enough PPs-

PK sucks

They are basically a distant memory of themselves from last season.

We don't skate hard and haven't been tight enough on defense. No timely goaltending this year either.

I have no explanation for this play, I wish I did. It basically all starts with attitude and emotion out there. We have none.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Weiss, agreed, we're stuck with Steeg, IMO. Tallon likes him, he's injury plagued this season, hope he does better next season on the 2nd

Closed Thread