Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks @ Flames, 6:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 AM
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!

vCash: 3280
Watching the post-game video with Taylor. He looks so zoned out and happy.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Watching the post-game video with Taylor. He looks so zoned out and happy.
Guess we can write Taylor off too now, anyone who gets their first career win against Vancouver is a bust, just ask the Irving camp

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Didn't see this one? Did the Nucks look like a team that just got off a plane two hours prior or did we actually win a good game?

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
Loved McGrattan and his salute! You can tell the guy's a genuine team player that will do whatever it takes.

Feels good to have someone that will always be there for you. Maybe this team will stop playing like pansies with Big ern!

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:36 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Didn't see this one? Did the Nucks look like a team that just got off a plane two hours prior or did we actually win a good game?
They were all over us for most of the first half, looked like it was going to be a typical flame loss but we pulled through in the second half and it seemed like Van slowly faded as the game went on., Taylor had a few heart attack moments but did enough for the win, and JBo played great against the Sedins.. All in all I think it was a good win, they did outshoot us pretty good.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:55 AM
DBU
LWYRUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
They were all over us for most of the first half, looked like it was going to be a typical flame loss but we pulled through in the second half and it seemed like Van slowly faded as the game went on., Taylor had a few heart attack moments but did enough for the win, and JBo played great against the Sedins.. All in all I think it was a good win, they did outshoot us pretty good.
Shots ended up being 31-25 for Van so not as bad as you might think!

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Roadrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Yep, Comeau got rotated in on the Cammalleri line every second shift during the latter half of the 2nd.
Sick and tired of this crap, send him down to the AHL if your not going to utilize his blatantly obvious skill.
I didn't see the smiley so I hope you are joking.

Roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:15 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Shots ended up being 31-25 for Van so not as bad as you might think!
My bad, I thought I seen 31-20, but either way you slice it, in a game of Taylor vs Luongo, we won, which is a good damn win in my books

Old
03-04-2013, 01:17 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
I didn't see the smiley so I hope you are joking.
I believe he was referring to Baertschi there, not Comeau lol

Old
03-04-2013, 01:26 AM
ALI

Tim Jackman without moss or backlund centering him = useless

rather have kept Tom Kostopolous

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Noori

vCash: 763
Glad to see Jackman getting sat. You can't give 4th liners/goons multi-year contracts; It just makes them too comfortable.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:08 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Tim Jackman without moss or backlund centering him = useless

rather have kept Tom Kostopolous
I'd rather have neither...

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:37 AM
goodsauce

I actually ****ing hate the Canucks board. They have a stick up their ass and they think that their team is a Cup contender. **** them. They say we are brutal and all that **** and then they blow it and lose 4-2. I know they flew in late and all that crap but hey, we suck right?

I don't know, just needed to rant and get that off my chest haha. Just a lot for a team to say when they can't even put a cup in their jockstrap.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:56 AM
Shawnofthedeadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
I actually ****ing hate the Canucks board. They have a stick up their ass and they think that their team is a Cup contender. **** them. They say we are brutal and all that **** and then they blow it and lose 4-2. I know they flew in late and all that crap but hey, we suck right?

I don't know, just needed to rant and get that off my chest haha. Just a lot for a team to say when they can't even put a cup in their jockstrap.
Ignore it, after all they are Canucks fans. They can't take losing very well. They're sore losers, and in my opinion one of, if not the worst franchises for sportsmanship... But I guess that's reflected in their diving team.

Shawnofthedeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:19 AM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I'd rather have neither...
Ya I am not sure why people keep bringing up Kostapolous, he is a UFA still for a reason.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Sean Monahan
#boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnofthedeadz View Post
Ignore it, after all they are Canucks fans. They can't take losing very well. They're sore losers, and in my opinion one of, if not the worst franchises for sportsmanship... But I guess that's reflected in their diving team.
Not to mention it's a team that hasn't won jack shjt. Ugh cant stand them

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Canucks fans tend to have a hard time dealing with losing as they are convinced they are going to the finals (every year), and to make a point every game we played in Vancouver was on back to back I believe and yet none of us used that as an excuse.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:59 AM
DBU
LWYRUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Glad to see Jackman getting sat. You can't give 4th liners/goons multi-year contracts; It just makes them too comfortable.
He's not even a goon anymore. He doesn't like fighting. So he doesn't fight and he can't score goals. What the hell do we have him for again?

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Ynnek

Quote:

Or trophy case for that matter.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Nordberg

Canucks board is always a good laugh. It's always "if not for this", "if not for that" with Canuck fans. The refs and the league have it out for them and if it's not that then Alain needs to be fired. They are utterly convinced their team contends when they're even softer than us. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want the Sedins anywhere near leadership roles on my team, ever.

Just look at this situation, it's painful to watch, down 2-5 with 3 minutes left and this guy lets little man cheap shot artist Brad Marchand have his way with him. What kind of message does that send.

Last edited by Nordberg: 03-04-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

Quote:

Oh dude I know. I went over there and almost lost it a few times. That LiquidSnake dude or whatever his name is is the worst. "Iginla smiling like he won the cup lulz" "Oh empty net, Iginla drooling" like whats his obsession with Iggy? Your team is getting spanked, focus on that! Clowns.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:22 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
He's not even a goon anymore. He doesn't like fighting. So he doesn't fight and he can't score goals. What the hell do we have him for again?
Especially this year, when we needed a physical presence ad someone to stick up for the team, where was he?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Body Checker

I like the new lines. Iggy, Tangs and Cammy all on 3 separate lines is a good idea. They have some great moments together but I find they get predictable.

Cervenka is getting better and is looking faster out there. I think the Flames just need to be patient with him. I think he can still be a 2nd line center. Once Backlund is back then Backlund, Stajan and Cervenka is not a bad top 3. In whatever order.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:42 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
I like the new lines. Iggy, Tangs and Cammy all on 3 separate lines is a good idea. They have some great moments together but I find they get predictable.

Cervenka is getting better and is looking faster out there. I think the Flames just need to be patient with him. I think he can still be a 2nd line center. Once Backlund is back then Backlund, Stajan and Cervenka is not a bad top 3. In whatever order.
They aren't on three separate lines last nights 5v5 lines were
Hudler - Cervenka - Iginla (****ing loved that line)
Cammy/Tangs - Tangs/Cammy - Sven
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post

That is a pretty bad top 3 in this conference any way you look at it but with our top 4 D and excellent winger corps we should be able to get by. That's the thing, we should. For some reason this team NEVER plays to their on-paper potential.

I am sure that, given time, Cervenka will be a strong NHL center. I've seen him for a long time and he is a player. He seems to have a pretty good attitude and work ethic in this league as well so I hope the team has a bit of patience with him. It would be a waste to throw him away or let him go for nothing.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote