HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

League Management -- Money Collection

Old
03-05-2013, 10:15 AM
mistrhanky

vCash: 500
League Management -- Money Collection

Is there any good, reputable place out there, for no to low cost, that you can use to manage dues and money for a team? Our first season was paid directly to the icehouse, but now we have to collect our own money, buy jersey's, collect sub money, etc. It would be good to have a way for people to pay in (almost an escrow), and for us to pay out to the icehouse(about $7G a season). I hate to have one guy just collecting all the money and such...

What do you guys use?

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:03 AM
mistrhanky

I was looking at Teamsnap -- anyone ever use them?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:48 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

www.payitsquare.com

This will send the money automatically to your paypal account. It will charge each player a $1 transaction fee. I use this every season and it is very simple.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:51 AM
deeman

Interesting topic. I remember "coaching" a Beer League team in the 90's and loosing my shirt with dorks not paying. It would be great to leverage technology to keep track of the amounts due.

deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
mistrhanky

So, after playing around a bit with it, TeamSnap and Payitsquare are pretty interesting.

TeamSnap does a nice job of taking care of all the team data -- rosters, schedules, beer duty, statistics, and even tracking of payments, plus it offers easy mass email and text alerts.

Payitsquare handles just the payment part, but is definitely a lot cheaper. They charge $1 on each transaction, regardless of price.

TeamSnap charges 2% on each transaction(both work via paypal). If you pay through a credit card, you are going to pay the 2.9% credit fee + .30 paypal extra charge + 2% to teamsnap. So, on a $500 dues payment, you are looking at $525 to pay by ccard. Now, if do a bank transfer or paypal balance, I think you are still looking at 2%, but no paypal charges.

PayitSquare only charges the $1, regardless. The 2.9% + .30 cents paypal fee are still applied if you pay via credit card, but a $1 fee is still much lower than 2% on big charges like league dues.

My team currently uses shutterfly as a site and it has most of the same widgets built in except payment. As much as I like the improved interface of TeamSnap(and a very handy mobile app), paying $50 bucks and still having a 2% charge is just now worth the benefits they offer.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:14 AM
PlayBall
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrhanky View Post
So, after playing around a bit with it, TeamSnap and Payitsquare are pretty interesting.

TeamSnap does a nice job of taking care of all the team data -- rosters, schedules, beer duty, statistics, and even tracking of payments, plus it offers easy mass email and text alerts.

Payitsquare handles just the payment part, but is definitely a lot cheaper. They charge $1 on each transaction, regardless of price.

TeamSnap charges 2% on each transaction(both work via paypal). If you pay through a credit card, you are going to pay the 2.9% credit fee + .30 paypal extra charge + 2% to teamsnap. So, on a $500 dues payment, you are looking at $525 to pay by ccard. Now, if do a bank transfer or paypal balance, I think you are still looking at 2%, but no paypal charges.

PayitSquare only charges the $1, regardless. The 2.9% + .30 cents paypal fee are still applied if you pay via credit card, but a $1 fee is still much lower than 2% on big charges like league dues.

My team currently uses shutterfly as a site and it has most of the same widgets built in except payment. As much as I like the improved interface of TeamSnap(and a very handy mobile app), paying $50 bucks and still having a 2% charge is just now worth the benefits they offer.
Thanks for reporting back. Might use this in the future with my team.

PlayBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Heh. Most of the folks I know still collect by bank transfers or cash.

Most of the time the organizers also act as loan sharks.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote