HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 03:54 AM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
You guys see the highlights of the Canada VS Mexico game today at the baseball world classic?

Hilarious. The Mexican players deserved to get beat down after that garbage.
For those who missed it, probably most here, Mexico was mad that Canada was running up the score. Canada player bunted for a base hit with a 6 run lead in the ninth. So their pitcher decided to throw the ball at the next batter. Three pitches, three bean attempts, with the third hitting the batter. I have no idea why the ump didn't toss the pitcher, it was obvious he was throwing at the batter. The brawl happens after the bean. The pro-Mexico crowd in Arizona started throwing garbage on the field at the Canadian players.

After the game, Canada's coach blamed the tournament rules for forcing them to run up the score. Tie-breaker is run differential, so he said he told them to approach every inning like it's a 0-0 ballgame. He said there should be a better way to break ties than run differential, because normally you don't bunt at that point in a normal game with a 6 run lead. It's not good sportsmanship.

With USA's (1-1) win over Italy (2-1) tonight, Mexico (1-2) was eliminated. Canada (1-1) plays USA tomorrow at 1 PM. Winner of that game moves on with Italy to the next round, to another group of 4. Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic have already clinched out of their pool and will be the other two teams in the next round.

Last edited by Hammer79: 03-10-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old
03-10-2013, 04:18 AM
BrandonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
For those who missed it, probably most here, Mexico was mad that Canada was running up the score. Canada player bunted for a base hit with a 6 run lead in the ninth. So their pitcher decided to throw the ball at the next batter. Three pitches, three bean attempts, with the third hitting the batter. I have no idea why the ump didn't toss the pitcher, it was obvious he was throwing at the batter. The brawl happens after the bean. The pro-Mexico crowd in Arizona started throwing garbage on the field at the Canadian players.

After the game, Canada's coach blamed the tournament rules for forcing them to run up the score. Tie-breaker is run differential, so he said he told them to approach every inning like it's a 0-0 ballgame. He said there should be a better way to break ties than run differential, because normally you don't bunt at that point in a normal game with a 6 run lead. It's not good sportsmanship.

With USA's (1-1) win over Italy (2-1) tonight, Mexico (1-2) was eliminated. Canada (1-1) plays USA tomorrow at 1 PM. Winner of that game moves on with Italy to the next round, to another group of 4. Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic have already clinched out of their pool and will be the other two teams in the next round.
Pretty entertaining, hopefully the boys can carry the momentum over and beat the Americans tomorrow.

I'm having trouble embedding the link, but for anyone who is curious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtGT-fFvr0

Old
03-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
Eh! Oh! Canada Go!

Going to be quite the feat if we can beat the Americans on their own soil.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
03-10-2013, 11:42 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Remember time moved forward an hour today *yawn*

Old
03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Remember time moved forward an hour today *yawn*
Which means it's going to be even tougher to wake up early tomorrow.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:10 PM
KISSland

La grenouille mange la pomplemmouse

Old
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
BrandonL

Canada is beating the Americans 3-2 in the top of the 7th right now, trying to not get too excited...

Old
03-10-2013, 06:20 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
Canada is beating the Americans 3-2 in the top of the 7th right now, trying to not get too excited...
Top of the 8th. USA takes a 4-3 lead. ****

03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

Aaaaand the USA wins.

Bummer.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
I really liked this week's episode of The Walking Dead.
I know some people only like it when it's filled with action and zombie killing, but there needs to be some storyline/character development.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
03-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Reverend Mayhem

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I also liked it. Really showed what the Governor is all about. Craziness.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Congratulations to cousin Ryan Fry Clock on he and teams Brier championship tonight!!!

Old
03-11-2013, 01:44 AM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I really liked this week's episode of The Walking Dead.
I know some people only like it when it's filled with action and zombie killing, but there needs to be some storyline/character development.
Spoil:
I had the show on as background noise... I'm a bit confused... Is Rick willing to offer up Michone (and asking Hershel to change his mind), or is Rick not willing to offer up Michone (and asking Hershel to change his mind)... Thanks! I'd think Rick would see right through the Govenor and realize it's a trap, so don't offer up Michone - there's going to be a war anyways - but I find Rick difficult to understand if I'm not paying full attention to the tv...

Old
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy

Just watched "Girls" for the very first time.
Caught the latest episode.
I had no idea what I watched.
It was terrible.

What really surprised me though, was how explicit it was.
It is not something I can describe on here, but I don't think I have ever seen it before on a TV show, even if it is a cable show.
I don't know if this is a consistent element of the show, since this is my first episode, but to me, it seems like it is going for shock value rather than having a legitimate point.

I know I can't judge the show based on 1 episode, but that episode completely lost me.
This is my first and last episode.
I can't give this show a shot.
It was that big of a waste of time.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
kanuck87

****, so my two front teeth are broken now after a guy got his hockey stick up into my mouth last night. I'm going to call my dentist tomorrow to make an appointment to get both of them capped. Does anyone know approximately how much this is going to cost? My dental insurance doesn't cover any of it, so I'm probably on the hook for quite a lot.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
Spoil:
I had the show on as background noise... I'm a bit confused... Is Rick willing to offer up Michone (and asking Hershel to change his mind), or is Rick not willing to offer up Michone (and asking Hershel to change his mind)... Thanks! I'd think Rick would see right through the Govenor and realize it's a trap, so don't offer up Michone - there's going to be a war anyways - but I find Rick difficult to understand if I'm not paying full attention to the tv...
My two cents;

Spoil:
Rick is not willing to offer up Michonne, hence why he lied to the group about what the Governor asked for. His rationale of "wanting them to be scared" isn't the whole picture though, from my perspective - I think he wanted to avoid the potential scenario where one or more of the group actually was in favour of accepting the deal.

Rick also saw straight through to the point that the Governor would kill them all anyway, he just wants Michonne brought to him first. I think his conversation with Herschel is evidence of Rick's continuing recovery from the brink - he thinks that everything he does is correct, but he is using Herschel as a sounding board to make sure he's not making a terrible choice. Perhaps sharing some of his leadership burden as he does so. Basically, he says "he wanted Michonne, he'd kill us all anyway, so I'm declining and we're going to war - all cards on the table. What do you think?"

And of course, he asks Herschel if Rick is right to believe the offer is disingenous, by pondering whether or not they actually could hand over Michonne. Which of course we know would be a bad move.

Anyway - solid episode. I thought the bonding moments between Darryl/Martinez and Herschel/Milton made for some interesting specualtion. Add Tyreese and his group to the mix, and we have a lot of questions of alleigance going into this battle. It's not going to be as simple as a straight up fight between the good guys and the bad guys, that's for sure.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
****, so my two front teeth are broken now after a guy got his hockey stick up into my mouth last night. I'm going to call my dentist tomorrow to make an appointment to get both of them capped. Does anyone know approximately how much this is going to cost? My dental insurance doesn't cover any of it, so I'm probably on the hook for quite a lot.
IDK if UBC has a School of Dentistry, but if they do a lot of Dentistry schools do the work for like 20-30% of the standard prices because its a student that's being overseen by a licensed dentist.

If your insurance doesn't cover any, it's worth a shot.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Reverend Mayhem

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Pretty well bang on from my POV, Mr. C
Spoil:
We are finally seeing the truly evil and corrupt side to the Governor I think through Andrea's own eyes. I think Rick lied to his people because if he told the truth, some of them would leave or want to give them Michonne not knowing he's planning on killing them anyway. It would have essentially torn them apart.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Rick9
Team Luongo

Any Amazing Race lovers?

Seems like I'm the only one who still watches it.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Just watched "Girls" for the very first time.
Caught the latest episode.
I had no idea what I watched.
It was terrible.

What really surprised me though, was how explicit it was.
It is not something I can describe on here, but I don't think I have ever seen it before on a TV show, even if it is a cable show.
I don't know if this is a consistent element of the show, since this is my first episode, but to me, it seems like it is going for shock value rather than having a legitimate point.

I know I can't judge the show based on 1 episode, but that episode completely lost me.
This is my first and last episode.
I can't give this show a shot.
It was that big of a waste of time.
It's a good show, but that was a super odd episode this week. Try watching the first couple episodes of Season 1 if you want to give it a fair shake. It can be explicit at times for sure.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:09 PM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Make it and you'll thank me.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick9 View Post
Any Amazing Race lovers?

Seems like I'm the only one who still watches it.
Me! I still got to catch up though.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:13 AM
BrandonL

If you guys are looking for a new TV show to try, I would recommend Justified.

It's one of the few shows that I really enjoy watching, along with Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:15 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post

Make it and you'll thank me.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
what's your IG account ?

Old
03-12-2013, 12:42 AM
thepuckmonster