HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
And there's people who think that it's the girl's fault because she was "dressing too provocatively" and was basically "giving consent".
So she had no control of going to that party and getting hammered to a point where all that could happen?

The guys should've had the book thrown at them, but the girl isn't an angel.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
So she had no control of going to that party and getting hammered to a point where all that could happen?

Still not an excuse to **** her.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post

Good to know there's still **** apologists around.

I guess you forgot the part were legally you can't give consent if you are intoxicated, regardless if your chose to be or not. Are we going to say "she was asking for it by the the way she was dressed" next? I guess I forgot that it's 2013, not 1950.

HAPPY MONDAY!

Old
03-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

**** Mondays

Old
03-18-2013, 12:27 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

**** Mondays indeed

No work y'all

Old
03-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Linden*

I really ****ing hate Mondays, I cannot stress this enough.

I like Tuesdays though

Old
03-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post

I guess you forgot the part were legally you can't give consent if you are intoxicated, regardless if your chose to be or not. Are we going to say "she was asking for it by the the way she was dressed" next? I guess I forgot that it's 2013, not 1950.

HAPPY MONDAY!
I think what he's saying is that you can put yourself in the best possible position to avoid these situations by being more responsible. There are some pretty horrible people out there and you can't control what they will do, but you can control your own situation and making sure you don't end up in that position.

Doesn't mean it makes it any less horrible what they did or what happened to her. (And there are obviously situations where being responsible will still do **** all for you.)

Old
03-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I really ****ing hate Mondays, I cannot stress this enough.

I like Tuesdays though
Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the only days I like.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Linden*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the only days I like.
meh, I find Sundays kind of depressing knowing that it's only 1 day from Monday

Old
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
meh, I find Sundays kind of depressing knowing that it's only 1 day from Monday
The Walking Dead is on during Sunday, I'm content on Sundays.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
rebel diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post

HAPPY MONDAY!
Did you participate in the disaster of a thread about Ian Laperriere's comments on the Flyers prospect being charged with sexual assault? There are a ton of morons around here who still have that opinion. I'm just lucky the discussion was moved to the (unmoderated) political board before I lost it and started swearing at people who's opinion seemed to be "girls who get ***** have it coming".

Old
03-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I think what he's saying is that you can put yourself in the best possible position to avoid these situations by being more responsible.
You could say the same about the perpetrators and not the victim, though.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
You could say the same about the perpetrators and not the victim, though.
Why would I say the same about the perpetrators? If people get murdered going into the crack town in Philly, Chicago or somewhere similar, I'm not going to go there and start preaching to the drug dealers, druggies, and whomever else is there.

This really has nothing to do with blaming the victim.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

So hey, how about those North Koreans?

I welcome our future overlords.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
So hey, how about those North Koreans?

I welcome our future overlords.
Watching the video reminded me of this interesting tidbit.
When Kim Jong-Il saw the kind of clothing female traffic cops were wearing, he was outraged, and personally designed the clothing.
Now they were more stylish and pleasing to the eyes, and they are not suffocating in the summer.

That is why he is a fashion icon, as an unnamed French fashion expert claimed.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy

Quote:
I think what he's saying is that you can put yourself in the best possible position to avoid these situations by being more responsible. There are some pretty horrible people out there and you can't control what they will do, but you can control your own situation and making sure you don't end up in that position.
That reminded me of what the chief of police in Toronto a Toronto police officer said.
Then people started to walk onto the streets.

Last edited by nameless1: 03-18-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

A couple of days ago I almost started a fire in my house.

I threw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and pressed the "popcorn" setting and went to the bathroom.
When I got back I smelled burning. The bag had scorch marks on it and there was a ball of black ash that smelled horrible inside the bag. My house smelled smokey all night, and not the good kind of smokey.

Never had that problem before, and it was a brand that I had successfully microwaved many times in the past.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Quote:
Why would I say the same about the perpetrators? If people get murdered going into the crack town in Philly, Chicago or somewhere similar, I'm not going to go there and start preaching to the drug dealers, druggies, and whomever else is there.

This really has nothing to do with blaming the victim.
What I would be referring to is the people who said "alcohol was a big factor in this." really they should know better to not **** a person drunk or not.

The girl made a mistake being too drunk, yes. That doesn't warrant getting taken advantage of sexually (though I think you agree with me). This is all on the offenders here. Nobody deserves to be *****. Rapists (IMO) are the scum of the world. It's one thing to both be intoxicated and engage (which is still ****) and it's another to engage someone who is unconscious. It's short of date-**** only because it was not pre-meditated.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
rebel diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
A couple of days ago I almost started a fire in my house.

I threw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and pressed the "popcorn" setting and went to the bathroom.
When I got back I smelled burning. The bag had scorch marks on it and there was a ball of black ash that smelled horrible inside the bag. My house smelled smokey all night, and not the good kind of smokey.

Never had that problem before, and it was a brand that I had successfully microwaved many times in the past.
Well you were asking for a fire by having a making popcorn and going to the bathroom. Sure, the fire should have the book thrown at it but the microwave is no angel.

Oh and for the record, microwave popcorn is (along with pretzels) one of the most overrated snack foods.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel diamond View Post
Well you were asking for a fire by having a making popcorn and going to the bathroom. Sure, the fire should have the book thrown at it but the microwave is no angel.

Oh and for the record, microwave popcorn is (along with pretzels) one of the most overrated snack foods.
Yeah, now I'm scared to leave the room whenever I'm cooking anything. Even toasting bread.

And don't hate, popcorn is great every once in a while.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
The Walking Dead is on during Sunday, I'm content on Sundays.
On that note...

Spoil:
Last night's episode had me in stitches at several points - virtually every single one of them to do with how completely inept Andrea was. It reminded me of the ongoing meme of Carl in S2 - Someone tells Carl to stay in the house, but he NEVER DOES. Well in this case, Andrea - laden with knowledge critical to the upcoming showdown between Woodbury and the Prison - escapes the town. Knowing she's fleeing a psychopath with an army at his disposal, among which are snipers, what does she do? Why she takes off running right down the middle of the wide open road! When faced with an open field, what does she do? Takes off running right across it, and having an incredibly delayed reaction to duck when the sound of a car greets her ears!

That's to say nothing of how many times she allowed herself to be jumped in the woods by Walkers and the Governor.

Anyway - the hilarity of that aside, a great episode. Like seeing the wheels turning for Tyreese (although his two jerk friends need to become zombie fodder), as well as Milton. The Governor's little workshop was more than a little creepy, and you know things aren't going to go well for Andrea in there.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
On that note...

Spoil:
Last night's episode had me in stitches at several points - virtually every single one of them to do with how completely inept Andrea was. It reminded me of the ongoing meme of Carl in S2 - Someone tells Carl to stay in the house, but he NEVER DOES. Well in this case, Andrea - laden with knowledge critical to the upcoming showdown between Woodbury and the Prison - escapes the town. Knowing she's fleeing a psychopath with an army at his disposal, among which are snipers, what does she do? Why she takes off running right down the middle of the wide open road! When faced with an open field, what does she do? Takes off running right across it, and having an incredibly delayed reaction to duck when the sound of a car greets her ears!

That's to say nothing of how many times she allowed herself to be jumped in the woods by Walkers and the Governor.

Anyway - the hilarity of that aside, a great episode. Like seeing the wheels turning for Tyreese (although his two jerk friends need to become zombie fodder), as well as Milton. The Governor's little workshop was more than a little creepy, and you know things aren't going to go well for Andrea in there.
Spoil:
One thing that threw me in a fit of rage was that Andrea didn't go to the governor's truck after he was overrun by zombies.
He would likely have a gun/some sort of weapon in there, or maybe he could have left the keys in the truck (which she could use to drive to the prison).

Old
03-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Spoil:
My favourite part was the beginning when Andrea asks if Michonne if she wants to talk about her walkers. She's silent for awhile and finally shakes her head. I laughed.

I also laughed at Andrea running down the middle of the road and continually being crept up on by walkers. Damn, it's a zombie apocalypse and you keep forgetting about them.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Spoil:
Also Nuckles, I'm sure Philip had the keys to the truck anyhow, that would have been an extremely risky move. Even then she has to hotwire it. I think I would have done the same as Andrea in that situation.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Spoil:
Also Nuckles, I'm sure Philip had the keys to the truck anyhow, that would have been an extremely risky move. Even then she has to hotwire it. I think I would have done the same as Andrea in that situation.
Spoil:
Slash the tires? Or did she lose that knife already? If she did, I'm sure she could've found something around to do it. Honestly, there's a decent amount of writing in this show that makes these characters (and not just Andrea) look like absolute morons.

Closed Thread