HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 03:24 PM
  #51
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Agreed. But those ones are supposed to be historically inaccurate (but really, who is to say that couldn't have happened) but Inglorious Basterds was similar. Both great movies. Can't wait for the third one of these to come out. Tarantino is excellent.
I love Tarantino. His movies are excellent.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 04:06 PM
  #52
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
I love Tarantino. His movies are excellent.
I think of all his films, I like Pulp Fiction the best.
I loved how the stories intertwined, and how each chapter had its own theme.
It changed storytelling for me.

Reservoir Dogs is pretty good, but it was not as good as many people who recommend it said it was.
They made it sound like it was a revolutionary film, but I felt like he copied a lot of Asian films.
Tarantino himself admitted he copied and borrowed the plot largely from the Hong Kong film "City on Fire".

With his more recent films, they are entertaining, but they are more mainstream and more simplistic.
They lost that inventive spirit.
I like his films, but I missed the "Pulp Fiction" days.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
  #53
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
I've got some fish oil pills that I want to take... but they've been expired for about 6 months.................... Does it matter?

KISSland is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
  #54
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I've got some fish oil pills that I want to take... but they've been expired for about 6 months.................... Does it matter?
Careful.
My buddy had an allergic reaction to expired fish oil pills.
It is best not to ingest expired items.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  #55
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I think of all his films, I like Pulp Fiction the best.
I loved how the stories intertwined, and how each chapter had its own theme.
It changed storytelling for me.

Reservoir Dogs is pretty good, but it was not as good as many people who recommend it said it was.
They made it sound like it was a revolutionary film, but I felt like he copied a lot of Asian films.
Tarantino himself admitted he copied and borrowed the plot largely from the Hong Kong film "City on Fire".

With his more recent films, they are entertaining, but they are more mainstream and more simplistic.
They lost that inventive spirit.
I like his films, but I missed the "Pulp Fiction" days.
Bruce Willis is one of my favourite actors. He was superb in Pulp Fiction.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:51 PM
  #56
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,442
vCash: 500
http://consumerist.com/2013/03/01/an...own-the-drain/

Wow, just crazy, does this give a new meaning to "Pour one out for my homies..."

CalgaryCanuck03 is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
  #57
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,545
vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
http://consumerist.com/2013/03/01/an...own-the-drain/

Wow, just crazy, does this give a new meaning to "Pour one out for my homies..."
I don't think I've ever cried that much reading an article before. The people responsible should be in jail for life.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM
  #58
Linden*
[hello] :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 49,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
http://consumerist.com/2013/03/01/an...own-the-drain/

wow, just crazy, does this give a new meaning to "pour one out for my homies..."
those ****ers!!!!

Linden* is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 08:21 PM
  #59
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,358
vCash: 576
looking for a summer job..........hard to know where is the best place to find one?

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
  #60
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,597
vCash: 566
my bday in 3 mins ya buddy

Bgav is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 01:58 AM
  #61
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,858
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Happy birsday

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:01 AM
  #62
Nuck Bonino
Registered User
 
Nuck Bonino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
my bday in 3 mins ya buddy
happy bday!

Nuck Bonino is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:01 AM
  #63
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
looking for a summer job..........hard to know where is the best place to find one?
What are you looking for?
Do you have a direction that you want to pursue?

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:04 AM
  #64
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
my bday in 3 mins ya buddy
Hey!
It's your birthday.

Congrats on being older...
But hopefully wiser.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:05 AM
  #65
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Watch the Colbert Report tonight.
He got the ambassador of Israel to the U.S. on the show, and he had some good jabs at James Franco.
Man...
The guy really is full of himself.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:08 AM
  #66
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Watch the Colbert Report tonight.
He got the ambassador of Israel to the U.S. on the show, and he had some good jabs at James Franco.
Man...
The guy really is full of himself.
I'm trying to figure out which guy of the three you mention is full of himself... and how you assess that from a satirical show.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:10 AM
  #67
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I'm trying to figure out which guy of the three you mention is full of himself... and how you assess that from a satirical show.
My bad.
James Franco is full of himself.
I assume I made the connection, because I put him last.
My fault.

I made that judgment based on things I have heard and seen.
His appearance did not help my impression of him.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:11 AM
  #68
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
My bad.
James Franco is full of himself.
I assume I made the connection, because I put him last.
My fault.
He looked pretty stoned. Never got the impression that he's full of himself.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:15 AM
  #69
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
He looked pretty stoned. Never got the impression that he's full of himself.
Just in case people had not seen the show:

Spoil:
When Colbert asked him if he is a renaissance man like the character he plays, he said yes.
I don't think he is joking.


You have to admit, he is a bit smug.
After that Oscar debacle, he blamed the writers and producer.
Problem was...
He was never at the rehearsals, and he deadpanned all his jokes.
At least Anne Hathaway tried.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:17 AM
  #70
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,597
vCash: 566
thanks guys 20 years younggggg

Bgav is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
  #71
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
thanks guys 20 years younggggg
Happy Birthday!

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:20 AM
  #72
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,597
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Happy Birthday!
Thanks bud


Last edited by Bgav: 03-06-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Bgav is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:21 AM
  #73
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
I did like tonight's Colbert Report.
It was really funny.

He did take a few jabs at Franco, and Franco did play along.
He was a pretty good guest.

nameless1 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:24 AM
  #74
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,545
vCash: 53
Happy Birthday, Bgav!

On a side note, my Kassian jersey came in today, and all I've done it cradle it, stare at it, hug it etc etc etc.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
  #75
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
**** I don't think I should be in school. I'm 99% sure I failed 4/5 exams. Idiot.

KISSland is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.