HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
  #101
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.
 
VeteranNetPresence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
this last page is reminding me of how useless high school was

VeteranNetPresence is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  #102
Linden*
[hello] :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 49,472
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
this last page is reminding me of how useless high school was
it is what it is, there is of course some effort put in just to ensure that most people past thereby lowering the quality teaching, but it was hardly useless in its entirety. Just depends how much you were determined to take out of it

Linden* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
  #103
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I'm a year later then, glad to know they work hard on changing up the topic
High school did NOT prepare me for university in any way.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:50 PM
  #104
Linden*
[hello] :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 49,472
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
High school did NOT prepare me for university in any way.
hitting University was quite the reality check for me

Linden* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
  #105
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,167
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
this last page is reminding me of how useless high school was
This year has marked the 10th anniversary that Mrs. C and I graduated from our respective high schools, which of course lead to discussion of reunions.

My wife first asked me about two years ago if I was looking forward to my reunion. I looked at her and asked if she was high - I had absolutely no intention of going to mine.

So, taking the opposite approach, she decided to organize hers. I warned her against this. I think our conversation went something like this;

Her - "I'm going to organize my high school reunion."
Me - "I wouldn't do that if I were you."
Her - "Why?"
Me - "Didn't all of these people used to drive you crazy during high school?"
Her - "Well, yeah, but they've matured since then."
Me - "..."
Her - "They have!"
Me - "..."
Her - "Well...they have to have, right?"
Me - "..."

Flash forward several months, and she's tearing her hair out over how frustrating, immature and silly they're all being. She can't even get 25 people to throw down to reserve a location.

Poor thing. If only someone had warned her...

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:56 PM
  #106
Linden*
[hello] :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 49,472
vCash: 50
haha that's so true, I didn't realize how much bottled up resentment i had towards many that i graduated with

Linden* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
  #107
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 833
I didn't even know half of my graduating class! I think that's a good thing...

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
  #108
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
History 12 was cancelled at my school. Not enough people took it
That is outrageous.
I am offended, as a history major.
That is like taking away wrestling from the Olympics.
That is not right.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
  #109
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,653
vCash: 500
Nobody in my school is going to organize one.
Not that I have any intention of going.

High school sucked...
And I have not done anything with my life.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:18 PM
  #110
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,653
vCash: 500
Btw, I like wrestling in the Olympics.
The judging makes more sense to me than Taekwondo.
Plus, it has less controversy than Boxing.
The Boxing judging is clearly rigged.
I don't know why it gets to stay.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
  #111
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,167
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I didn't even know half of my graduating class! I think that's a good thing...
In today's era of social networking, if there's someone from high school I wanted to keep in touch with, I've done so. The number of people I'd rather not see far outweighs the number of people I'd like to see.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
  #112
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I didn't even know half of my graduating class! I think that's a good thing...
Our (my) graduation class was pretty tight-knit. Nobody really hated each other. I thought that was pretty cool. However, I'm not much for self-congratulation though it may seem like it at times here. Good thing our dinner/dance was the same night as Game 5 of the Cup Finals, I had a much better time partying on the streets than on the inside.

Also Mr. C thought you might like this if you haven't seen it:


Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:48 PM
  #113
Linden*
[hello] :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 49,472
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
In today's era of social networking, if there's someone from high school I wanted to keep in touch with, I've done so. The number of people I'd rather not see far outweighs the number of people I'd like to see.
same here, and there is just a ton of people that I just could not care less about. Sounds cold after going to school with them for 5 years, but it's completely true

Linden* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 06:55 PM
  #114
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,167
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Our (my) graduation class was pretty tight-knit. Nobody really hated each other. I thought that was pretty cool. However, I'm not much for self-congratulation though it may seem like it at times here. Good thing our dinner/dance was the same night as Game 5 of the Cup Finals, I had a much better time partying on the streets than on the inside.

Also Mr. C thought you might like this if you haven't seen it:

Awesome.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
  #115
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,394
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Happy Birthday, Bgav!

On a side note, my Kassian jersey came in today, and all I've done it cradle it, stare at it, hug it etc etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Hey!
It's your birthday.

Congrats on being older...
But hopefully wiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler View Post
happy bday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Happy birsday
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
Happy birthday Bgav!
Thanks guys !

Bgav is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 07:35 PM
  #116
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,388
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Thanks guys !
Happy Birthday Bro!

Virtanev is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
  #117
ProstheticConscience
not enough alcohol
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,516
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
This year has marked the 10th anniversary that Mrs. C and I graduated from our respective high schools, which of course lead to discussion of reunions.

My wife first asked me about two years ago if I was looking forward to my reunion. I looked at her and asked if she was high - I had absolutely no intention of going to mine.

So, taking the opposite approach, she decided to organize hers. I warned her against this. I think our conversation went something like this;

Her - "I'm going to organize my high school reunion."
Me - "I wouldn't do that if I were you."
Her - "Why?"
Me - "Didn't all of these people used to drive you crazy during high school?"
Her - "Well, yeah, but they've matured since then."
Me - "..."
Her - "They have!"
Me - "..."
Her - "Well...they have to have, right?"
Me - "..."

Flash forward several months, and she's tearing her hair out over how frustrating, immature and silly they're all being. She can't even get 25 people to throw down to reserve a location.

Poor thing. If only someone had warned her...
My 20th grad anniversary was two years ago. No idea if anything was done for it. I suppose I could've called or sent an email or driven by or something if I had any remote interest in seeing anyone I went to high school with again.

Which I don't.

Maybe at the 25th they'll do something and I might put in a brief appearance to see who's gone bald and gotten fat. Definitely taking a cab to and from that, though. Got a very strong feeling I'd be in the mood to hit the bar and drink enough to black out my memory of the whole evening if I saw all those people again. *muses* Come to think of it, it'd be just like high school all over again, only with legal drugs.

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:45 PM
  #118
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I only plan on going to an anniversary if I become famous so everyone can pretend like they like me but secretly loathe my success.

I am kind of an *******.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 PM
  #119
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Robb Wells ‏@realrobbwells
Thanks for the near heart attack Leafs, Jesus Christ! Good win.
Dang it, he's a Leafs fan! Brings a whole new meaning to "worst case Ontario".

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:42 PM
  #120
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,394
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Happy Birthday Bro!
Thanks bro

Bgav is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:47 PM
  #121
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,486
vCash: 53
Graduating this year, and I hope I never grow a part from my grad class. I'm serious. My group of buddies makes, I'd say, around 50% of the grad class. Everybody is tight with everybody.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:50 PM
  #122
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,858
vCash: 500
You will.

Sorry.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:51 PM
  #123
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Graduating this year, and I hope I never grow a part from my grad class. I'm serious. My group of buddies makes, I'd say, around 50% of the grad class. Everybody is tight with everybody.
That was basically what ours was like. Everyone is pretty cool.

Nothing is better than that last day where you go: "Holy ****, I can't believe this finally happened." 13 years is a long time. The best part is when I crossed the stage. Finally being done with all that graduation crap was a relief.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
  #124
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
That was basically what ours was like. Everyone is pretty cool.

Nothing is better than that last day where you go: "Holy ****, I can't believe this finally happened." 13 years is a long time. The best part is when I crossed the stage. Finally being done with all that graduation crap was a relief.
I just remember trying not to trip and fall when I was up on the stage getting my diploma. Somehow my mother thought I should wear heels that day, even though I rarely wear them at all and have no practice in wearing them...

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:12 AM
  #125
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I just remember trying not to trip and fall when I was up on the stage getting my diploma. Somehow my mother thought I should wear heels that day, even though I rarely wear them at all and have no practice in wearing them...
I remember my tassle hitting me in the eye. That was kind of a drag.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.