HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
no, but I have only seen him a couple times. I have seen Conan a lot more because i know people who enjoy the show, maybe that's why i dislike him more
If you don't find this funny you have no soul:

Old
03-08-2013, 02:27 AM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
anyone watch the following good show a mini-movie ever episode scary and expected the unexpected turns of events

Old
03-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Conan's awesome lol

Old
03-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Zombotron
Hire Jim Benning

Quote:
Hey Zombo -
If you can make the game on Sunday at 3:00, I'm going to put you in the Broadcast Booth. I'm not sure if you've had much experience with filming, but I was going to get you to work with our Camera Guy.
If you are comfortable with working the camera, are you available to volunteer on March 15 and 16 for the start of our Playoffs. Both the games start at 7:00 p.m.
Let me know ... Laura

--
Laura Landry, Volunteer Coordinator
Nanaimo Clippers and 2013 Crescent Point Energy Western Canada Cup

Old
03-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833

Old
03-08-2013, 02:44 AM
Pip
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
If you don't find this funny you have no soul:
ironic

it was pretty funny, best parts imo were at 3:57 and 5:30ish, in general i dont like his stuff though. Dont mind Jimmy Fallon although it's very similar

Last edited by Pip: 03-08-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Old
03-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Pip
[hello] :)

congrats Zombo

Old
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
That's awesome! Congratulations, Z!

Old
03-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Atta way Z!

Old
03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound

My birthday is on Saturday!

Old
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
My birthday is on Saturday!
Happy predated Birthday!

And Happy belated Birthday to bgav.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
KISSland

Congratz Zombo! Pretty bad ass indeed. And on a similar awesome note. I'm on my reading break. Need to catch up to all my shows. What first?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
KISSland

The walking dead musical ... Omfg why .. WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Old
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
nameless1
Apathy is great!

Colbert was talking about baseball last night.
I am paraphrasing, but this is the jest.
"When you are with a girl, you are trying to get to 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base...
When you get home, you are thinking of baseball.
It brings it full circle."

This is my argument for my love of baseball from now on.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

God, it's hard finding a summer job...

Old
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
God, it's hard finding a summer job...
We wouldn't have this problem if the minimum wage wasn't set so high. I mean, I have a job right now so it's cool that it is that high but there is zero incentive for big companies and factories not to be outsourcing work.

I mean, you are never going to compete with the rates you would get for employment vs. Southeastern Asia but you have to factor in shipping and handling costs for that business too but no one is going to bring work to BC where you have to pay a menial worker $11.00/hr vs. foreign rates where sometimes you have the same work done for $2.00/hr. The gap is insanely wide.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
We wouldn't have this problem if the minimum wage wasn't set so high. I mean, I have a job right now so it's cool that it is that high but there is zero incentive for big companies and factories not to be outsourcing work.

I mean, you are never going to compete with the rates you would get for employment vs. Southeastern Asia but you have to factor in shipping and handling costs for that business too but no one is going to bring work to BC where you have to pay a menial worker $11.00/hr vs. foreign rates where sometimes you have the same work done for $2.00/hr. The gap is insanely wide.
Everyone was jumping for joy at the increase of minimum wage while I just facepalmed...most people my age group have no concept of inflation and job outsourcing.

It's nearly impossible to find a job without having exoeriece in that field these days, which is impossible to get BECAUSE you need experience to get that job in the first place...

Old
03-08-2013, 03:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Just got preliminary approval from work to take the month of September off. Planning a month long backpacking trip in Europe. Right now I'm looking at flying in to Paris and spending 2 or 3 days there (I've been there once...it was okay). Then going from Paris to Berlin for 4 days (returning to Berlin, loved it there), Prague for 5 days), Budapest for 5 days, Vienna for 5 days, Rome for 5 days (returning, loved it there), and finally ending off with a day in Paris before flying back home from Paris. Any recommendations? Or suggestions to alter this itinerary? I've considered trying to fit Krakow and/or Kiev in there at some point (want to do a Chernobyl walking tour) but so far I'm leaning towards scaling back a bit and spending more time in a fewer amount of cities.

03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust

Quote:
Everyone was jumping for joy at the increase of minimum wage while I just facepalmed...most people my age group have no concept of inflation and job outsourcing.

It's nearly impossible to find a job without having exoeriece in that field these days, which is impossible to get BECAUSE you need experience to get that job in the first place...
Yep, that's the our situation. Can't get a job because you don't have experience even though it's entry-level. I find that hilariously frustrating.

Even before I was a business student I questioned the increase in minimum wage. I still don't understand it...our inflation rate has been somewhat stagnant for the past 12 years between 1-4% with a couple anomalies. There shouldn't be a need to increase it when we have such stable inflation.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust

Awesome y2k...One country I'd love to go to is Germany so much history and structure. Not to mention their culture is awesome.

Definitely try and see the Louvre. If it wasn't in such dire straits I'd say go to Athens but...

Oh and go see Christ the Redeemer

Old
03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Just got preliminary approval from work to take the month of September off. Planning a month long backpacking trip in Europe. Right now I'm looking at flying in to Paris and spending 2 or 3 days there (I've been there once...it was okay). Then going from Paris to Berlin for 4 days (returning to Berlin, loved it there), Prague for 5 days), Budapest for 5 days, Vienna for 5 days, Rome for 5 days (returning, loved it there), and finally ending off with a day in Paris before flying back home from Paris. Any recommendations? Or suggestions to alter this itinerary? I've considered trying to fit Krakow and/or Kiev in there at some point (want to do a Chernobyl walking tour) but so far I'm leaning towards scaling back a bit and spending more time in a fewer amount of cities.
Wow, I'm insanely jealous! I've only spent 10 days in Vienna, but you can ask me any questions you might have and hopefully I'll be able to answer them?

Quote:
Yep, that's the our situation. Can't get a job because you don't have experience even though it's entry-level. I find that hilariously frustrating.

Even before I was a business student I questioned the increase in minimum wage. I still don't understand it...our inflation rate has been somewhat stagnant for the past 12 years between 1-4% with a couple anomalies. There shouldn't be a need to increase it when we have such stable inflation.
Well it sounds good to the uneducated masses?

Old
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:

BC's min wage was lower then Manitoba's... And Manitoba's economy is albeit better, but BC's min wage hadn't gone up in over 10 years. $11 isn't really that high when most other provinces have it at $10/hr. Still won't cover your cost of living just like every other min wage job. Can't exactly cover your inflated cost of living on $7/hr

Old
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
BC's min wage was lower then Manitoba's... And Manitoba's economy is albeit better, but BC's min wage hadn't gone up in over 10 years. $11 isn't really that high when most other provinces have it at $10/hr. Still won't cover your cost of living just like every other min wage job. Can't exactly cover your inflated cost of living on $7/hr
All minimum wage is doing is causing less jobs here. Only so much money to go around; if there has to be a larger slice of pie, there's going to be less people with ANY pie.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Awesome y2k...One country I'd love to go to is Germany so much history and structure. Not to mention their culture is awesome.

Definitely try and see the Louvre. If it wasn't in such dire straits I'd say go to Athens but...

Oh and go see Christ the Redeemer

Highly recommend Berlin if you get a chance. Like I said I'm returning there for a second time now, the last time I went in 2011 I spent a weak there and had an absolute blast that it'll probably be a staple every time I go back over to Europe.

I went to the Louvre in 2009, although didn't get to see every exhibit because that would take days so I'll definitely have to check it out again. This time I'll probably pay to go on a guided tour so I can get an explanation about the significance of some of the pieces so I can get a better appreciation for what I'm seeing.

Quote:
Wow, I'm insanely jealous! I've only spent 10 days in Vienna, but you can ask me any questions you might have and hopefully I'll be able to answer them?
Awesome! Vienna is actually a place where I have the least knowledge about what to do. I really like a good blend of culture/history and nightlife. I'm planning to stay at the Wombats hostel, but notice there are three lol. Is the Naschmarkt one of the central locations? Also what is the nightlife like out there?

Old
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
It shouldn't be about when the last time was you raised it, it should be strictly an economic adjustment. While the minimum wage in comparison to other provinces is not that high, $1 can make a big difference to businesses that want to allocate their employment.

Wages these days with unions are not likely to fluctuate as the economy is working itself through the business cycle. As higher rates for employment move up, businesses will be doing whatever it takes to spend as little on employment expenditures as possible and thus lay-offs occur. If the government wants to create jobs in BC, I have a couple of suggestions for them.

Closed Thread