HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Congratulations on the Baby Mr.C!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
  #176
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,816
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
no, but I have only seen him a couple times. I have seen Conan a lot more because i know people who enjoy the show, maybe that's why i dislike him more
If you don't find this funny you have no soul:


CCF23 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:27 AM
  #177
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 576
anyone watch the following good show a mini-movie ever episode scary and expected the unexpected turns of events

canuck4life16 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:33 AM
  #178
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Conan's awesome lol

Wheatley is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:34 AM
  #179
Zombotron
Moderator
Hire Jim Benning
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ben Hutton Fanclub
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Hey Zombo -
If you can make the game on Sunday at 3:00, I'm going to put you in the Broadcast Booth. I'm not sure if you've had much experience with filming, but I was going to get you to work with our Camera Guy.
If you are comfortable with working the camera, are you available to volunteer on March 15 and 16 for the start of our Playoffs. Both the games start at 7:00 p.m.
Let me know ... Laura

--
Laura Landry, Volunteer Coordinator
Nanaimo Clippers and 2013 Crescent Point Energy Western Canada Cup


Zombotron is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:39 AM
  #180
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 833

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:44 AM
  #181
Pip
[hello] :)
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 59,651
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
If you don't find this funny you have no soul:
ironic


it was pretty funny, best parts imo were at 3:57 and 5:30ish, in general i dont like his stuff though. Dont mind Jimmy Fallon although it's very similar


Last edited by Pip: 03-08-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Pip is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:48 AM
  #182
Pip
[hello] :)
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 59,651
vCash: 50
congrats Zombo

Pip is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM
  #183
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
That's awesome! Congratulations, Z!

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:45 AM
  #184
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,056
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Atta way Z!

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
  #185
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
My birthday is on Saturday!

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
  #186
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
My birthday is on Saturday!
Happy predated Birthday!

And Happy belated Birthday to bgav.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
  #187
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Congratz Zombo! Pretty bad ass indeed. And on a similar awesome note. I'm on my reading break. Need to catch up to all my shows. What first?

KISSland is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
  #188
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
The walking dead musical ... Omfg why .. WHYYYYYYYYYYY

KISSland is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
  #189
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 500
Colbert was talking about baseball last night.
I am paraphrasing, but this is the jest.
"When you are with a girl, you are trying to get to 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base...
When you get home, you are thinking of baseball.
It brings it full circle."

This is my argument for my love of baseball from now on.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:57 PM
  #190
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 833
God, it's hard finding a summer job...

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
  #191
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,056
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
God, it's hard finding a summer job...
We wouldn't have this problem if the minimum wage wasn't set so high. I mean, I have a job right now so it's cool that it is that high but there is zero incentive for big companies and factories not to be outsourcing work.

I mean, you are never going to compete with the rates you would get for employment vs. Southeastern Asia but you have to factor in shipping and handling costs for that business too but no one is going to bring work to BC where you have to pay a menial worker $11.00/hr vs. foreign rates where sometimes you have the same work done for $2.00/hr. The gap is insanely wide.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
  #192
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
We wouldn't have this problem if the minimum wage wasn't set so high. I mean, I have a job right now so it's cool that it is that high but there is zero incentive for big companies and factories not to be outsourcing work.

I mean, you are never going to compete with the rates you would get for employment vs. Southeastern Asia but you have to factor in shipping and handling costs for that business too but no one is going to bring work to BC where you have to pay a menial worker $11.00/hr vs. foreign rates where sometimes you have the same work done for $2.00/hr. The gap is insanely wide.
Everyone was jumping for joy at the increase of minimum wage while I just facepalmed...most people my age group have no concept of inflation and job outsourcing.

It's nearly impossible to find a job without having exoeriece in that field these days, which is impossible to get BECAUSE you need experience to get that job in the first place...

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:53 PM
  #193
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,390
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Just got preliminary approval from work to take the month of September off. Planning a month long backpacking trip in Europe. Right now I'm looking at flying in to Paris and spending 2 or 3 days there (I've been there once...it was okay). Then going from Paris to Berlin for 4 days (returning to Berlin, loved it there), Prague for 5 days), Budapest for 5 days, Vienna for 5 days, Rome for 5 days (returning, loved it there), and finally ending off with a day in Paris before flying back home from Paris. Any recommendations? Or suggestions to alter this itinerary? I've considered trying to fit Krakow and/or Kiev in there at some point (want to do a Chernobyl walking tour) but so far I'm leaning towards scaling back a bit and spending more time in a fewer amount of cities.

__________________
Please have mercy on us Canucks fans! Fire Benning! Fire Linden! Fire Weisbrod! #Bexit #Lexit #Wexit
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
  #194
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,056
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Everyone was jumping for joy at the increase of minimum wage while I just facepalmed...most people my age group have no concept of inflation and job outsourcing.

It's nearly impossible to find a job without having exoeriece in that field these days, which is impossible to get BECAUSE you need experience to get that job in the first place...
Yep, that's the our situation. Can't get a job because you don't have experience even though it's entry-level. I find that hilariously frustrating.

Even before I was a business student I questioned the increase in minimum wage. I still don't understand it...our inflation rate has been somewhat stagnant for the past 12 years between 1-4% with a couple anomalies. There shouldn't be a need to increase it when we have such stable inflation.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
  #195
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,056
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Awesome y2k...One country I'd love to go to is Germany so much history and structure. Not to mention their culture is awesome.

Definitely try and see the Louvre. If it wasn't in such dire straits I'd say go to Athens but...

Oh and go see Christ the Redeemer

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
  #196
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Just got preliminary approval from work to take the month of September off. Planning a month long backpacking trip in Europe. Right now I'm looking at flying in to Paris and spending 2 or 3 days there (I've been there once...it was okay). Then going from Paris to Berlin for 4 days (returning to Berlin, loved it there), Prague for 5 days), Budapest for 5 days, Vienna for 5 days, Rome for 5 days (returning, loved it there), and finally ending off with a day in Paris before flying back home from Paris. Any recommendations? Or suggestions to alter this itinerary? I've considered trying to fit Krakow and/or Kiev in there at some point (want to do a Chernobyl walking tour) but so far I'm leaning towards scaling back a bit and spending more time in a fewer amount of cities.
Wow, I'm insanely jealous! I've only spent 10 days in Vienna, but you can ask me any questions you might have and hopefully I'll be able to answer them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Yep, that's the our situation. Can't get a job because you don't have experience even though it's entry-level. I find that hilariously frustrating.

Even before I was a business student I questioned the increase in minimum wage. I still don't understand it...our inflation rate has been somewhat stagnant for the past 12 years between 1-4% with a couple anomalies. There shouldn't be a need to increase it when we have such stable inflation.
Well it sounds good to the uneducated masses?

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
  #197
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Yep, that's the our situation. Can't get a job because you don't have experience even though it's entry-level. I find that hilariously frustrating.

Even before I was a business student I questioned the increase in minimum wage. I still don't understand it...our inflation rate has been somewhat stagnant for the past 12 years between 1-4% with a couple anomalies. There shouldn't be a need to increase it when we have such stable inflation.
BC's min wage was lower then Manitoba's... And Manitoba's economy is albeit better, but BC's min wage hadn't gone up in over 10 years. $11 isn't really that high when most other provinces have it at $10/hr. Still won't cover your cost of living just like every other min wage job. Can't exactly cover your inflated cost of living on $7/hr

LadyJet26 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
  #198
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
BC's min wage was lower then Manitoba's... And Manitoba's economy is albeit better, but BC's min wage hadn't gone up in over 10 years. $11 isn't really that high when most other provinces have it at $10/hr. Still won't cover your cost of living just like every other min wage job. Can't exactly cover your inflated cost of living on $7/hr
All minimum wage is doing is causing less jobs here. Only so much money to go around; if there has to be a larger slice of pie, there's going to be less people with ANY pie.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
  #199
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,390
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Awesome y2k...One country I'd love to go to is Germany so much history and structure. Not to mention their culture is awesome.

Definitely try and see the Louvre. If it wasn't in such dire straits I'd say go to Athens but...

Oh and go see Christ the Redeemer


Highly recommend Berlin if you get a chance. Like I said I'm returning there for a second time now, the last time I went in 2011 I spent a weak there and had an absolute blast that it'll probably be a staple every time I go back over to Europe.

I went to the Louvre in 2009, although didn't get to see every exhibit because that would take days so I'll definitely have to check it out again. This time I'll probably pay to go on a guided tour so I can get an explanation about the significance of some of the pieces so I can get a better appreciation for what I'm seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Wow, I'm insanely jealous! I've only spent 10 days in Vienna, but you can ask me any questions you might have and hopefully I'll be able to answer them?
Awesome! Vienna is actually a place where I have the least knowledge about what to do. I really like a good blend of culture/history and nightlife. I'm planning to stay at the Wombats hostel, but notice there are three lol. Is the Naschmarkt one of the central locations? Also what is the nightlife like out there?

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
  #200
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,056
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
BC's min wage was lower then Manitoba's... And Manitoba's economy is albeit better, but BC's min wage hadn't gone up in over 10 years. $11 isn't really that high when most other provinces have it at $10/hr. Still won't cover your cost of living just like every other min wage job. Can't exactly cover your inflated cost of living on $7/hr
It shouldn't be about when the last time was you raised it, it should be strictly an economic adjustment. While the minimum wage in comparison to other provinces is not that high, $1 can make a big difference to businesses that want to allocate their employment.

Wages these days with unions are not likely to fluctuate as the economy is working itself through the business cycle. As higher rates for employment move up, businesses will be doing whatever it takes to spend as little on employment expenditures as possible and thus lay-offs occur. If the government wants to create jobs in BC, I have a couple of suggestions for them.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.