HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Brandon Prust vs Milan Lucic fight . Mar 3, 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
bud12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Ference is fake tough....ok.? What does that say about Moen who fought him?
Crosby fought Ference so Crosby is a fake tough guy? Ference and Moen have nothing in common

Old
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Crosby fought Ference so Crosby is a fake tough guy? Ference and Moen have nothing in common
Ference fought Moen. So i guess they shared a few punches.

What is your point?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 361
Balls for Prust.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Ference fought Moen. So i guess they shared a few punches.

What is your point?
My point is that Ference is a fake tough guy. The guy like to look tough again softy but disapper again middleweight.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
probably Ference
He's one of them, Horton, Campbell, Boychuk...it's not meant to be disparaging I'm referring to guys who play tougher than they are because of the fact they've got guys like Lucic, Chara, Mcquaid, Thornton on there team. But you can take it however you'd like.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
He's one of them, Horton, Campbell, Boychuk...it's not meant to be disparaging I'm referring to guys who play tougher than they are because of the fact they've got guys like Lucic, Chara, Mcquaid, Thornton on there team. But you can take it however you'd like.
Campbell is tough he has heart and balls since he is always willing to fight he just never wins.

Horton was much tougher when he got here, Not so much after the concussion.

Boychuk has never been claimed to be a tough guy. He is a big checker and can fight if he wants to that is about it.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:41 AM
BrimStone64

I don't think Montreal embellished. Don't know what Julien is on. Montreal is a lot smaller team than Boston, natural they can't take physical play like B's can. This is nothing new, always been like this since rivaly began. Back in late - 60s to '70s, it was the flying frenchmen vs. big bad bruins. How each team has always been designed.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Number8

Quote:
Isn't that the whole point of being a big, physical team???

It's like me complaining about line mates of Crosby acting like they are better players than they are.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

As much as it pains to me to say as a Habs fan, I like Lucic a lot.

On a similar note, Prust is ****ing awesome and worth every penny of that $2.5M contract.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Mrpuck

Prust is starting to remind me of Barnaby from back in the day. Never really wins too many fights, but will stand in there with almost anyone even guys much bigger then him.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
As much as it pains to me to say as a Habs fan, I like Lucic a lot.

On a similar note, Prust is ****ing awesome and worth every penny of that $2.5M contract.
Deep down, I don't think that there are many Habs fans who would not LOVE the idea of having a guy like Lucic in the lineup. He is in that category of guys you hate to have to play against, but want on your team. Boston is lucky to have him.

A thumbs up for Prust taking on a guy like that though.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:12 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
Prust is starting to remind me of Barnaby from back in the day. Never really wins too many fights, but will stand in there with almost anyone even guys much bigger then him.
Prust win fight again middleweight. Hell, is one of the best middleweight in the league. Barnaby ,not so much.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
Prust wins a fair amount. If I was to rate his fights this year, he'd have a record of 3 wins, 3 losses, and a draw.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:59 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Prust wins a fair amount. If I was to rate his fights this year, he'd have a record of 3 wins, 3 losses, and a draw.
exactly, I got him at 3-4(I give him a loss again Neil). And is 4 loss are again light-heavy/heavyweight

Old
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Godzilla

Its normal that he will lose his share of fight especially if he continues to take on the leagues heavyweights. At least he has the pills to take them on...

Old
03-05-2013, 11:16 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
Funny how Lucic doesn't mind to fight a 3rd/4th liner like Prust ( 5'11 192lbs ) but back down from Laraque ( 6'3 260lbs ) a couple years ago appenrently because he was a 3rd/4th liner and wasn't worth it ...
Um... As a hockey fan, you have to admit Prust is twice the hockey player Laraque was at that time.

Laraque wasn't on the ice for any other reason. Prust is a serviceable 3rd/4th line winger.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Show me any other 19 year olds who have taken on Laraque. Perhaps in your dreams before Lucic retires some Hab can actually whip him in a fight, doubt it though.
Joel Rechlicz fighted Laraque when he was 20 if my memory serve me right

Old
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Deep down, I don't think that there are many Habs fans who would not LOVE the idea of having a guy like Lucic in the lineup. He is in that category of guys you hate to have to play against, but want on your team. Boston is lucky to have him.

A thumbs up for Prust taking on a guy like that though.
In other news, the sky is blue. Of course the Habs would want Lucic on their team. It's always great to have guys who can fight and play damned good hockey as well. I loved when we had guys like Corson, Nilan, Mcphee, Odelein ect.

Unfortunately, I look at the prospect pool and I only see one guy who might be big, tough and have the ability to play good hockey, Jared Tinordi. Timmins is a fine scout, but he really needs to find some guys who are tough and can play.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
In other news, the sky is blue. Of course the Habs would want Lucic on their team. It's always great to have guys who can fight and play damned good hockey as well. I loved when we had guys like Corson, Nilan, Mcphee, Odelein ect.

Unfortunately, I look at the prospect pool and I only see one guy who might be big, tough and have the ability to play good hockey, Jared Tinordi. Timmins is a fine scout, but he really needs to find some guys who are tough and can play.
Im not even sure Tinordi is the answer to our "tougness" needs. Yes he is a big body who can throw a body check like the best of them, but I don't think he will be the one looking to drop the gloves when things get out of hand. I have only seen a few Bulldogs games this season and didn't see that side to his game.

Hopefully I am wrong.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Im not even sure Tinordi is the answer to our "tougness" needs. Yes he is a big body who can throw a body check like the best of them, but I don't think he will be the one looking to drop the gloves when things get out of hand. I have only seen a few Bulldogs games this season and didn't see that side to his game.

Hopefully I am wrong.
At Xmas I think he had 4 fights and was suppose to have had won them handily.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
At Xmas I think he had 4 fights and was suppose to have had won them handily.
Tinodi isn't a good fighter.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
Isn't that the whole point of being a big, physical team???

It's like me complaining about line mates of Crosby acting like they are better players than they are.
Well yeah, all I'm trying to say is having a guy like Lucic in the lineup makes everyone tougher. Trade Marchand to Montreal and he probably dosn't take pot shots at Sedin or try to low bridge Salo.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Number8

Quote:
Well yeah, all I'm trying to say is having a guy like Lucic in the lineup makes everyone tougher. Trade Marchand to Montreal and he probably dosn't take pot shots at Sedin or try to low bridge Salo.
I have no issue with that and agree.

It's why all the people who hate Lucic would give a lot to have Lucic on their team.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:

Hopefully I am wrong.
You are not, methinks.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Polo*

lol typical Lucic. My god this guy is a *****. He always fights guys he know he can beat and the odd time he will fight a heavyweight to try not appear like a coward.

Im serious he sickens me. Why doesnt he fight any of the leaf tough guys when they play? He stays as far away as he can

Closed Thread