HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Brandon Prust vs Milan Lucic fight . Mar 3, 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
  #101
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I find you bringing up the 2011 Canadiens/bruins brawl from 2011 humorous
As you can see, that brawl still bothers me. The sight of watching Spacek and Pyatt and Max getting pummeled by your thugs is not appealing to me. I wonder if even one Bruin fan feels as I do, knowing the code- fighters don't seek out pacifists, even when losing.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 09:16 PM
  #102
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500


Pacifists? Right those Spacek and Pyatt willingly fought those guys. IDK what you're talking about

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:09 PM
  #103
Polo*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Oh I "graps" it, you don't seem to though. you know Lucic beat Komisarek when Laraque was on the Habs roster... right? You know he beat him again last year when Orr was on the Leafs roster right? Kinda shows the exact opposite of what you wanted to I believe.

If you're going to try to act smart, you might want to get better at it.
Thank you. Point now proved. Thanks Bruins fans.

Lucic beating up Komisarek proves every point that everyone has ever made about lucic being a pansy. He fights people he can win against. You do know Komisarek is not a fighter right?

Try to keep up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post


Pacifists? Right those Spacek and Pyatt willingly fought those guys. IDK what you're talking about
Again pretending to laugh... get a better argument this one isnt working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about that is why I am laughing.

The fact of the matter these last few years goons have not been on the ice the same time Lucic has been.

I am sure if Orr, Mclaren or any of them went over to him or at him he would oblige and fight them.
Oh he isnt been on the ice against enforcers....what a pile of crap this is becoming.

I guess there is a reason why only one fanbase is arguing in favor of Lucic..huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
A. if you find the childish 'i know you what am i' to be humorous wit, well thats pretty telling.

B. your generalization there, is, well even more telling.
Hilarious. yet no argument again just an attempt at an insult.

So the last few posts have been grammar attacks..right on guys. Absolutely hilarious.

You can tell when your own fanbase knows Lucic is a coward..they resort to pointing out spelling mistakes ona hockey board.

Lucic is a coward get over it.

You bruins fans can argue and insult til youre blue in the face..it wont change the fact he is a huge wuss.

Polo* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:33 PM
  #104
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
He actually isn't on the ice with enforcers. Like I said you don't watch the games.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:46 AM
  #105
Sigh
Registered User
 
Sigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 50
The haters are getting desperate for Lucic to lose again. The Orr fight just doesn't get them off like it used to, I guess.

Sigh is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:53 AM
  #106
Polo*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
anyone desperate to see Lucic lose will be waiting awhile. Pretty hard to lose when you pick fights with kyle wellwood type players.

Polo* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 05:32 AM
  #107
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post


Pacifists? Right those Spacek and Pyatt willingly fought those guys. IDK what you're talking about
Well that seals this deal- now you've lost all credibility with me after this one.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:06 AM
  #108
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
You do know Komisarek is not a fighter right?
A guy who has 29 NHL fights isn't a fighter? He's certainly not a defensemen, what the heck is he doing out there then?

TSC* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:09 AM
  #109
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
anyone desperate to see Lucic lose will be waiting awhile. Pretty hard to lose when you pick fights with kyle wellwood type players.
This year:
Matt Carkner, Tim Gleason, Brandon Prust

Last year:
Paul Gaustad, Carkner, Tom Sestito, Patrick Kaleta, Prust, Mike Komisarek.

Yup, Lucic is definitely only fighting Kyle Wellwood type players lately. You got him there.

TSC* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:27 AM
  #110
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,981
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
anyone desperate to see Lucic lose will be waiting awhile. Pretty hard to lose when you pick fights with kyle wellwood type players.
Wow..... Watch hockey much?!

Carkner, Gleason, prust, gaustad, sestito, kaleta, komisarek, erskine, rosehill, Orr , Neil, boll, Mair, boulton, crombeen, brown, ivanans, clarkson, jackman and more.

Guy has fought a lot of tough players.

tacogeoff is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:29 AM
  #111
TSC*
KPD IS ADB
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Leafs v Bruins this week. Lets see if your man Lucic will look so macho with Orr, Zmclaren, and Fraser looking at him. I don't think so, but maybe he'll fool me.
You do know that Lucic has fought Orr, and McLaren before, right?



Lucic doesn't need to waste his time fighting talentless scrubs on the Leafs, he's too busy scoring goals.

TSC* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:00 AM
  #112
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Thank you. Point now proved. Thanks Bruins fans.

Lucic beating up Komisarek proves every point that everyone has ever made about lucic being a pansy. He fights people he can win against. You do know Komisarek is not a fighter right?

Try to keep up
Really? Because all Bruins fans heard was how Komi stood toe to toe with Brashear and would eat Lucic's lunch... that is until Lucic pretty much ruined his career in a fight Komisarek sought out in some ill advised attempt to get his team going in a blow out.

I can't keep up with your fantasy, stick to the facts and you'll be easier to follow.

And for a guy who only fights non fighters, Lucic's fight card has some interesting names on it. Ivanans, Eager, Tarnasky, Orr, Clarkson, Boll a couple of times, Eskrine a couple of times, Brookbank, Gleason, Boulton, Crombeen, Neil a couple of times, McCormick, Carkner a couple of times, Sestito, Janssen...

If your argument is that he should only fight goons (I can only assume your reasoning is because he's so awesome), then you're the one who needs a dose of reality. Even straight up 6 minute a night goons, of which Lucic is not fight non fighters at times. Orr for instance has fought Shaone Morrisson and 5'8" Francis Bouillon. Didn't McLaren just near kill some kid who rarely if ever fights actual heavies? No top 6 players ever go out there and continuously fight the other teams pugilists.. in fact I would say of all top 6 players currently in the league Lucic likely does so the most... no?


Last edited by Kaoz*: 03-07-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Kaoz* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
  #113
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really? Because all Bruins fans heard was how Komi stood toe to toe with Brashear and would eat Lucic's lunch... that is until Lucic pretty much ruined his career in a fight Komisarek sought out in some ill advised attempt to get his team going in a blow out.

I can't keep up with your fantasy, stick to the facts and you'll be easier to follow.

And for a guy who only fights non fighters, Lucic's fight card has some interesting names on it. Ivanans, Eager, Tarnasky, Orr, Clarkson, Boll a couple of times, Eskrine a couple of times, Brookbank, Gleason, Boulton, Crombeen, Neil a couple of times, McCormick, Carkner a couple of times, Sestito, Janssen...

If your argument is that he should only fight goons (I can only assume your reasoning is because he's so awesome), then you're the one who needs a dose of reality. Even straight up 6 minute a night goons, of which Lucic is not fight non fighters at times. Orr for instance has fought Shaone Morrisson and 5'8" Francis Bouillon. Didn't McLaren just near kill some kid who rarely if ever fights actual heavies? No top 6 players ever go out there and continuously fight the other teams pugilists.. in fact I would say of all top 6 players currently in the league Lucic likely does so the most... no?
that's actually YOUR reasonning.

For others Lucic may be just another 60 pts player who happen to fight (some are proud to be great defensively, others on the FO, he takes pride in playing tough) once in a while and see his production drop when it count.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
  #114
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 500
Habs fans hang their hats on "Lucic declined fight with Laraque"

Leaf fans hang their hats on "Orr beat Lucic"...

It's never ending, I LOVE it! The fact the you guys hate Lucic and the Bruins so much makes us B's fans giddy! It means Lucic & the 'Big Bad Bruins' are definitely "in your heads"..

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:22 AM
  #115
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that's actually YOUR reasonning.

For others Lucic may be just another 60 pts player who happen to fight (some are proud to be great defensively, others on the FO, he takes pride in playing tough) once in a while and see his production drop when it count.
You're right, it is.

Lucic - .59 ppg in the regular season, .56 ppg in the playoffs... look at that production drop when it count.

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:27 AM
  #116
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
As you can see, that brawl still bothers me. The sight of watching Spacek and Pyatt and Max getting pummeled by your thugs is not appealing to me. I wonder if even one Bruin fan feels as I do, knowing the code- fighters don't seek out pacifists, even when losing.
There is too much code in the NHL

I was at that game and it was AWESOME!

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
  #117
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Bmessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Allston, MA
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
As you can see, that brawl still bothers me. The sight of watching Spacek and Pyatt and Max getting pummeled by your thugs is not appealing to me. I wonder if even one Bruin fan feels as I do, knowing the code- fighters don't seek out pacifists, even when losing.
Pyatt got beatdown by Campbell. Some thug huh? Campbell is a terrible fighter, just not a pansy. Boychuk fought Spacek, is Boychuk a thug too? You guys cry like we send Goons that play 4mins of ice time a game just to strictly punch you. Sorry the majority of our players aren't soft. And oh yeah, Ference took on Moen before that.
And any of you that say Lucic picks his spots, just go to hockeyfights.com and see for yourself. But since it's to hard for you guys to believe it and easier to cry:
All dimensions according to hockeyfights.com
Milan Lucic 6'3" 205 vs
2013
Prust 6'0" 195
Tim Gleason 6'1" 215
Matt Carkner 6'4" 229
11-12
Mike "Lucic's *****" Komisarek 6'4" 225
Prust
Pat Kaleta 6'1" 200
Tom Sestito 6'4" 190
Matt Carkner
Paul Gaustad 6'5" 220
10-11
Jay Rosehill 6'3" 210
Cody McCormick 6'2 210
Eric Brewer 6'3" 220
Jim Vandermeer 6'1" 208
Jay Harrison 6'4" 211
Brandon Prust
John Erskine 6'4" 219

And Julien instructed Lucic not to fight Larauque. Which must have sucked in Lucics case. I would have liked to see it for sure. Even now though, people get upset when our first line LW doesn't want to fight their 3min per game winger plug every time. Hopefully Orr stays away tonight hahah


Last edited by Bmessy: 03-07-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Bmessy is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:42 AM
  #118
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You're right, it is.

Lucic - .59 ppg in the regular season, .56 ppg in the playoffs... look at that production drop when it count.
last few seasons Lucic has been a 60 pts player... he's FAR from that in the P.O.

and it wont be any different in the upcoming P.O.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
  #119
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
As you can see, that brawl still bothers me. The sight of watching Spacek and Pyatt and Max getting pummeled by your thugs is not appealing to me. I wonder if even one Bruin fan feels as I do, knowing the code- fighters don't seek out pacifists, even when losing.
can't willfully ignore part of hte code.

Don't want to fight?

Then Don't Yap, Don't pretend to be tough when the ref is around, Don't act tough. Because, eventually your number gets called and you'll have to answer for it.

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:45 AM
  #120
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
can't willfully ignore part of hte code.

Don't want to fight?

Then Don't Yap, Don't pretend to be tough when the ref is around, Don't act tough. Because, eventually your number gets called and you'll have to answer for it.
huh, sorry, Marchand is on YOUR team.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
  #121
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
last few seasons Lucic has been a 60 pts player... he's FAR from that in the P.O.

and it wont be any different in the upcoming P.O.
Of course he isn't, there aren't many 60 point players in the playoffs.

He'll just have to deal with that as he's polishing that stanley cup ring he got two seasons ago playing in the Bruins top 6.

You really want to use playoff contributions to prove your point with Lucic? Really? Does that seem smart to you?

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
  #122
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,981
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh, sorry, Marchand is on YOUR team.
I would like to see PK and Marchand go again. It was a comedy on ice last time.

tacogeoff is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:54 AM
  #123
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Of course he isn't, there aren't many 60 point players in the playoffs.

He'll just have to deal with that as he's polishing that stanley cup ring he got two seasons ago playing in the Bruins top 6.

You really want to use playoff contributions to prove your point with Lucic? Really? Does that seem smart to you?
it's more like you're the one trying to prove something here. All I said was that he's an OK player and not as good (not even in the intimidation part of the game) in the P.O.

You think he's awesome ? good on ya. Not everyone think the same though.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:55 AM
  #124
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I would like to see PK and Marchand go again. It was a comedy on ice last time.
meh, considering neither are great fighters, not even average ones, It would probably still be "comedy".

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:00 AM
  #125
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,981
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
meh, considering neither are great fighters, not even average ones, It would probably still be "comedy".
Oh I know it still would be it was fantastic last time!

tacogeoff is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.