HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chara pummels Yemelin

Old
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
westernhome

vCash: 500
Chara pummels Yemelin

very dirty crosscheck by Yemelin on Seguin causes an angry response by Chara

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:25 PM
westernhome

watching that over again a few times, it sure looks like Yemelin got lucky there that Chara was not punching with full force, sent the message but spared him from a serious beating

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:42 PM
johnunit

Send a message via MSN to johnunit
I gotta admit that Chara is probably the player that I'm most envious of in the league. The guy is on the ice almost half the time and is one of the 2-3 fighters in the league. Probably the one most likely to cave your face in. He doesn't go often, but you gotta think most players are aware that if you overstep (like Emelin did there) you'll be in for the literal beating of a lifetime.

johnunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

love it. and his actions were perfect for the situation.

Tied for 1st, 3 games in hand, 28games left of the season. and someone cheap shot a teammate.

To bad he didn't go all out

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
watching that over again a few times, it sure looks like Yemelin got lucky there that Chara was not punching with full force, sent the message but spared him from a serious beating
Totally, Chara's all heart.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:36 AM
dookers9

Quote:
Lol - That's not the way it works.

Any "enforcer" or player serving as such engages a member of the opposition because they've stepped outside of the boundaries of the game. That does not lend to confronting this player and choosing to "not punch[ing] with full force". Any player that lightens up in that situation isn't doing much enforcing.

Anyway, Yemelin, though understandably not at all interested in fighting, did a good job of tying Chara up. There was no going easy by Chara, he just failed to do what he'd hoped to do: give him a bloody nose and a reminder of the visit.

Sure, Chara sent a message. I guess the point was made. But if you ask me, Chara was hoping to do more than he got done.

Sorry, dude. You're giving Chara WAY too much credit here.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:56 AM
canadiansbronco

lol Chara is such a POS....

Goes crazy for nothing all the time

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Chara is not Boogard, his punches aren't some Thor's hammer strikes and when he tries to take a huge swing, he loses balance. Actually Yemelin's acting funny: at first he is like "Oh no, Chara coming, I quit", and then stands up and starts fighting
Still good outcome for Yemelin, remembering he's already had his face fractured once.

Last edited by Acallabeth: 03-04-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:35 AM
double5son10

I love it too. Chara over reacts from a marginal cross-check, goes "ape", gets thrown out of a division game against arch-rivals for 1st in the conference, over nothing. Habs score twice. What a super captain he is, attacking guys who medically can't fight back. Biggest spot-picker EVER. Enjoy your Shana-ban.

double5son10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
love it. and his actions were perfect for the situation.

Tied for 1st, 3 games in hand, 28games left of the season. and someone cheap shot a teammate.

To bad he didn't go all out
I love it too. Chara got himself 17 minutes in PIM's and the Habs got 2 goals including the GWG with him off the ice.

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM
double5son10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Totally, Chara's all heart.
Chara's all stupid for taking himself off the ice for half a period over a marginal cross-check. Keep it up Cap'n!

double5son10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:23 AM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by double5son10 View Post
I love it too. Chara over reacts from a marginal cross-check, goes "ape", gets thrown out of a division game against arch-rivals for 1st in the conference, over nothing. Habs score twice. What a super captain he is, attacking guys who medically can't fight back. Biggest spot-picker EVER. Enjoy your Shana-ban.
Yemelin should probably put on the red injury sweater and stop sticking guys, then.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:26 AM
BoHorvatFan

Good for Chara, love that guy and every single team would love to have him.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:02 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Not a smart play by Chara when his team needed him.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:06 AM
ccgg

All that because of a dive. Poor Seguin.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:16 AM
BrimStone64

If that was John Scott who checked Seguin would Chara gone after him like that? After Scott pummeled Thornton

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

vCash: 50
All I see is crying in this thread. It's clearly a cross-check, his stick broke for **** sakes.

Good for Chara to stick up for his teammate.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Fire Julien

It was a beauty, but I was hoping for a longer, more violent beatdown.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by double5son10 View Post
Go google the Emelin-Svitov fight. Trust me, the reason he "medically" can't fight back isn't because of plates in his face but rather because he's incapable of not leaving his face open to haymakers.........

If Emelin can't get a note from his Doctor allowing him to fight, he should avoid breaking his stick across the ribs of other players.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:14 AM
DeflatedFootball7

Yemelin shouldn't be fighting at all. He has metal plates in his face after Svitov nearly killed him in a KHL fight. Not impressed by Chara acting like a baby.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:26 AM
The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
If that was John Scott who checked Seguin would Chara gone after him like that? After Scott pummeled Thornton
Scott has more class than to pull a play like that on Seguin, or anyone else for that matter. But yes, Chara would have because he understands what it means to wear the spoked B.

And this is a point that so few understand regarding hockey. Toughness is not about "winning" a fight or the physical battle, it's about showing up and being accountable. Something the Habs have no clue how to do. Habs alumn, who played the game the right way, must be embarrassed.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:28 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Of course he does. What a stupid question. People love to call the Bruins out for picking their spots, but then also point out that it was a good move for the other team to get a top line player off the ice. Can't have it both ways. And it's written multiple times right in this thread alone (as well as the Lucic-Prust thread).

I'll make a point of reference that Chara has gone with multiple heavyweights, and did this same thing a few seasons back with Boris Valabik after Valabik made a simliar attack on Phil Kessel.

As to Chara not punching as hard as he can; I don't think that is the case, but I do think Emelin is a little bit lucky that the ref came in and grabbed Chara's arms.

I'll take those 17 minutes to send the message that you don't take a shot at one of our best players. Win or lose that game, it was worth the penalty time.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:40 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
After fighting far superior heavys like Laraque/Shelley, you think Chara would be afraid to stand up for his teammates?

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Yemelin shouldn't be fighting at all. He has metal plates in his face after Svitov nearly killed him in a KHL fight. Not impressed by Chara acting like a baby.
I've got no issue with Emelin playing a hard physical game -- I hate when players are forced to answer for a clean hard check with a fight.

That said, if you're not capable or willing to defend yourself in a fight, you shouldn't deliver cheap shots. Pretty basic.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan12 View Post
All I see is crying in this thread. It's clearly a cross-check, his stick broke for **** sakes.

Good for Chara to stick up for his teammate.
Are you serious? Those sticks break when attempting a wrist shot nowadays, so a tap in the ribs is sure to break more than a few. Seguin was just embellishing on that play. Mark Recchi said so.

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote