HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chara pummels Yemelin

Old
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Re the rivalry, I profoundly hate the bruins, but I would not really want an NHL without them. I guess it's the same in Boston, those fans hate the Habs but if offered either Mtl vs Bos or Fla vs Bos game tickets most would take the former (nothing against Florida). Off topic isn't it a bit ironic that Boston's little fireball has a French surname while Montreal's little fireball has an Irish surname?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
ha ha..... I agree completely. See... there is common ground between us Habs/B's fans!.
We need to be careful. I wouldn't want us get warnings from our respective homer sub forums for seeing eye to eye with the enemy.

Should we get back to the normal name calling to get back to the spirit of the thread?...you goonery, cheap shot artist lover...

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:39 PM
bearcountry17

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarez99 View Post
Why is everyone calling Yemlin's hit a cheap shot?

Was it a penalty sure, but not every penalty is a cheap shot. Similar plays happen hundreds of times a year. Chara probably thought it was worse than it was and defended his team made and got the correct penalty.
Because he was getting beat wide so he crosschecked him in the ribs? I'd find it hard to believe you would be fine with it if the shoe was on the other foot.

bearcountry17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Fig...px?Player=7998
60 career fights.

vs

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/FightCard.aspx?P=13874
70 career fights

They 'non-fighter' TKO'ing Spacek is what you'd call jumping a non fighter.
Probably talking about jumping flash.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:57 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcounty17 View Post
Because he was getting beat wide so he crosschecked him in the ribs? I'd find it hard to believe you would be fine with it if the shoe was on the other foot.
Speaking of feet, let me ask you -- looking at the video below, can you see Seguin's left skate collide with the back of Emelin's foot?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
We need to be careful. I wouldn't want us get warnings from our respective homer sub forums for seeing eye to eye with the enemy.

Should we get back to the normal name calling to get back to the spirit of the thread?...you goonery, cheap shot artist lover...
You just had to dive down into the mud, didn't you???

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Ottomatic

When will somebody submarine the giant goon? I think it's silliness to think a fight is a fight when you're outweighed by 50lbs and shorter by 6-7inches. That's not a fair fight, and yet every fight Chara is in he gets to bully and abuse you and it's only a five minute penalty in the rule book.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

In concept, jumping a guy who did something to one of your star players is not only just, but necessary, far as I'm concerned. If a guy like Emelin wants to take liberties, he should expect to be jumped. Can't run around then hide behind statements like "oh my gosh, why would you want to fight little old crippled me" when someone comes looking. You're either a physical player or you're not.

However,

this little cross-check doesn't constitute running around and doesn't nearly rise to the level of needing to be beaten by a 6'9 monster because he did it. It was a nothing play that Chara went nuclear on. No need.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
When will somebody submarine the giant goon? I think it's silliness to think a fight is a fight when you're outweighed by 50lbs and shorter by 6-7inches. That's not a fair fight, and yet every fight Chara is in he gets to bully and abuse you and it's only a five minute penalty in the rule book.
You think size is the be all and end all?

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=H54RSRDL4Wc

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
In concept, jumping a guy who did something to one of your star players is not only just, but necessary, far as I'm concerned. If a guy like Emelin wants to take liberties, he should expect to be jumped. Can't run around then hide behind statements like "oh my gosh, why would you want to fight little old crippled me" when someone comes looking. You're either a physical player or you're not.

However,

this little cross-check doesn't constitute running around and doesn't nearly rise to the level of needing to be beaten by a 6'9 monster because he did it. It was a nothing play that Chara went nuclear on. No need.
I don't really disagree, but I'm guessing that Chara only caught it out of the corner of his eye and overreacted. As a Bruins fan, I'd rather see an overreaction than no reaction.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
LOL, except for Yemelin list consist of the guys you can hardly call non-fighters, in fact, most of them are enforcers or enforcer-wannabees.. And Yemelin is an agitator known for his cheap antics.

What this list has to prove anyway? Chara is a Norris Calibre player and fighting vs Orr or MacIntyre isn't smth he is payed for. He can fight to stand up for his team if needed. But usually exchanging Chara for a 4th line goon is a stupid thing to do.
Game, set and match

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

I think we can end this thread here, it is clear:
-Chara is a goon who refuses to fight anyone tough and should fight the rest of the 6'9 players in the league
-Seguin is a diver
-Emelin's stick is made of a wet newspaper
-The Habs are a current dynasty and far superior to the Bruins
-No one can stand up to Emelin cause of his condition and he is free to do whatever he wants because of it

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:30 AM
1rd
¡Hala Madrid!

Quote:
Agreed 100%. That's the move i expect a good teammate do EVERY time.
If Emelin has a facial injury, wear a cage or don't play chippy.

Quote:
However,

Agree with this one as well. But people also need to understand Chara makes a quick decision, he doesn't get to watch replays or slow-mo.gifs before he takes action.
He sees Emelin crosscheck Seguin -> Seguin stays down -> Time for a beatdown.
If Seguin dove, I'm sure they take it up in the lockerroom like they did with Marchand's diving.

May not have been "the right" decision, but glad Chara did it. Hope he does it next time as well.

1rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

However,

Chara and his Bruins teammates have been called out in the past for doing nothing, many times, when they watched the careers of Savard, and almost Bergeron end.

So yea, in a vacuum it seems like a bit much, but given the Bruins injury history, it makes sense and was long overdue. Its like the bear at the zoo who mauls the kid who sticks his arm in the cage. Little did the kid know that the bear has had rocks thrown at him for years.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
this is nearly the same exact size discrepancy in the John Scott & Shawn Thornton match-up. I don't recall many of us (if any at all) saying that it was unfair; regardless of the outcome.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:56 AM
FieryBergevin
from the ashes

Good job by Emelin getting back up.

FieryBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Chara and his Bruins teammates have been called out in the past for doing nothing, many times, when they watched the careers of Savard, and almost Bergeron end.

So yea, in a vacuum it seems like a bit much, but given the Bruins injury history, it makes sense and was long overdue. Its like the bear at the zoo who mauls the kid who sticks his arm in the cage. Little did the kid know that the bear has had rocks thrown at him for years.
Add when Horton got crushed twice, the only guy who did anything about it was, uh, Horton.

I understand where he's coming from and that he probably didn't get a good look and wasn't in a mood to start an investigation about whether Seguin actually had something bad happen to him.

Still, from a birds-eye view (which Chara didn't have the luxury of) it's an overreaction.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Totally, Chara's all heart.
Chara is all heart?

If acting like a bully is all heart, no wonder the society we're in.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
This is coming from a perspective from a neutral that is not a fan of either of these teams. Chara sees Seguin on the ice in pain after Emelin made contact with him and sees Emelin skating of with a broken stick. Only a habs fan would think that Chara had no right to pummel Emelin for that. You touch a teams young star player and that is whats going to happen. If Emelin is going to go run around like he does, the metal plate thing is no excuse for someone not to take him to task. That's what tough teams do, but Habs fans don't know what a tough team has been for years so kind of hard to blame them when they are clueless on what defending each other means. If that Marchand did that to Gally and Prust pounded Marchand I have a suspicion that Hab fans would be singing a different tune . Weren't you guys drooling over what Ryan White did earlier this year lol.
That's your problem, you're an outsider, you don't realise the history of how Chara has been acting with the Habs. The guy has been a raging bully.

Quote:
Also please Chara is a big boy but he is not a guy that the heavyweight fighters on the NHL are scared of. Chara can throw them with guys that he knows he can pound, but lord knows he gets a bad case of "falling" backwards when he fights a guy that knows how to throw them. If he fought regular heavies and tried to stay up I think he'd get exposed a little.
Let's see you go against Chara to see if he's not an heavyweight. You are completly clueless. A guy his size can easily kill a guy just with a few punches.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That's your problem, you're an outsider, you don't realise the history of how Chara has been acting with the Habs. The guy has been a raging bully.

Let's see you go against Chara to see if he's not an heavyweight. You are completly clueless. A guy his size can easily kill a guy just with a few punches.
It's this sort of dramatic exaggeration that tends to inflame things. I get it you don't like Chara -- and that's ok. However, this is all really silly.

If Emelin doesn't want to face this sort of behavior, he shouldn't take a shot at Seguin's ribs. It's really very simple.

By the way, if you want to be taken seriously on this sort of thing, you should revisit your avatar. Talk about a crazy psychopath on the ice. Great, great player but let's be serious here.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 03:04 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

He said the truth. Chara suck at fighting and every heavyweight will go with him without to much fear...

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:14 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
He said the truth. Chara suck at fighting and every heavyweight will go with him without to much fear...
Pretty sure Chara ended Eric Cairns' career in a fight. Cairns was a very legit heavy.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
bud12

Quote:
Pretty sure Chara ended Eric Cairns' career in a fight. Cairns was a very legit heavy.
the ref holded Cairns and Chara started to throw punch at him. And when Cairns was coming back, Chara like usual, lost is balance. And its definetly not this fight that ended his career. If there is one fight that ended Cairns career, its the one again Erskine. But in reality, its not a fight that ended is career, it was just the time for him to look for something else

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:55 PM
bearcountry17

vCash: 873
Quote:
Add when Horton got crushed twice, the only guy who did anything about it was, uh, Horton.

I understand where he's coming from and that he probably didn't get a good look and wasn't in a mood to start an investigation about whether Seguin actually had something bad happen to him.

Still, from a birds-eye view (which Chara didn't have the luxury of) it's an overreaction.
did you stop watching the cup finals after Game 3?

bearcountry17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Totally, Chara's all heart.
All heart????? Did you know Emelin has metal in his head from a prior injury?

By the way, the cross check did not look too brutal to me. It's not like he pounded his head into the boards.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote