HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead -- Season 3 (Part VI)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 12:24 AM
  #101
Vip
IFHY
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 50
Loved this episode... It was kinda sad seeing the guy again (forgot his name).

You could definitely tell it was coming though after it showed rick radioing him in the preview.

Vip is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:26 AM
  #102
Vip
IFHY
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 50
Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?

Vip is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
  #103
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,570
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Thought Morgan's monologue was some damn good acting. Not as slow as last week's but it was still kind of filler but terrific filler. Great stuff. And an episode to finally incorporate Michonne into the group officially. Not how I expected it to happen, but whatever.

I'm not usually one to gripe about shows, but man those diner zombies were weak. One kid kept them barred in.



Carl was noticeably affected by hearing the guy running over.
Lennie James did an amazing job.

Loved him in Snatch as well.

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:36 AM
  #104
Agron
BELIEVE.
 
Agron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
Really wish Morgan didnt go insane or batty. I really liked his character and thought he could be a great asset to Ricks group.

Agron is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:27 AM
  #105
myrocketsgotcracked
Registered User
 
myrocketsgotcracked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country:
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
i thought it was a fairly crappy episode, not sure what you guys see that i'm missing, but a couple things that bugged me:
- not picking up the hitchhiker guy. not sure why they decide to leave him there, the guy stand no chance stranded without weapon, you are better off shooting him in the head right there because by leaving him there, you are basically ensuring his death. is it so much trouble to stop the car, open the door and let him in, thus saving a life? its like whats the point of surviving if they lost all compassion and humanity?
- morgan looks to have lost his mind, how did he put together all the elaborate traps by himself? in his mental state, and the amount of zombies wondering around, he should've been long dead before he can put all these together.
- carl standing with his back to the glass window while the zombies are trying to get out doesn't seem very smart. michonne can just walk back into the pub and grab the picture without the zombies noticing her is very unrealistic.
- rick would choose to stay until morgan wake up, even though the governor is plotting to attack the prison at anytime, and rick's baby daughter is stuck there with a crazy merle, crippled hersel and a bunch of other useless characters (except for daryl).

about the only thing i liked about the episode was rick's conversation with morgan, it was kind of sad to find out what happened to duane.

myrocketsgotcracked is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
  #106
Cudi
in the aeroplane...
 
Cudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 52,215
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
i thought it was a fairly crappy episode, not sure what you guys see that i'm missing, but a couple things that bugged me:
- not picking up the hitchhiker guy. not sure why they decide to leave him there, the guy stand no chance stranded without weapon, you are better off shooting him in the head right there because by leaving him there, you are basically ensuring his death. is it so much trouble to stop the car, open the door and let him in, thus saving a life? its like whats the point of surviving if they lost all compassion and humanity?
- morgan looks to have lost his mind, how did he put together all the elaborate traps by himself? in his mental state, and the amount of zombies wondering around, he should've been long dead before he can put all these together.
- carl standing with his back to the glass window while the zombies are trying to get out doesn't seem very smart. michonne can just walk back into the pub and grab the picture without the zombies noticing her is very unrealistic.
- rick would choose to stay until morgan wake up, even though the governor is plotting to attack the prison at anytime, and rick's baby daughter is stuck there with a crazy merle, crippled hersel and a bunch of other useless characters (except for daryl).

about the only thing i liked about the episode was rick's conversation with morgan, it was kind of sad to find out what happened to duane.
Morgan woke up within an hour or so.. don't think anything drastic would have happened in that time

Cudi is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM
  #107
KesselBuiltMyHotrod
Registered User
 
KesselBuiltMyHotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,024
vCash: 50
I liked everything but the hitchhiker thing. Rather a blunt point. And how did a guy that stupid survive this long?

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:46 AM
  #108
Swedish Fish
The Future
 
Swedish Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?
He looked like he got hit by an 18 wheeler lol.

Swedish Fish is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 01:48 AM
  #109
ArGarBarGar
Moderator
Doc Messier
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 22,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
i thought it was a fairly crappy episode, not sure what you guys see that i'm missing, but a couple things that bugged me:
- not picking up the hitchhiker guy. not sure why they decide to leave him there, the guy stand no chance stranded without weapon, you are better off shooting him in the head right there because by leaving him there, you are basically ensuring his death. is it so much trouble to stop the car, open the door and let him in, thus saving a life? its like whats the point of surviving if they lost all compassion and humanity?
They have nothing to gain by picking up a random guy for no reason while they are going on a run for weapons to protect their prison. It just shows how the humanity of people involved in the crisis is getting slowly removed day by day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
- morgan looks to have lost his mind, how did he put together all the elaborate traps by himself? in his mental state, and the amount of zombies wondering around, he should've been long dead before he can put all these together.
He is mentally unstable, not unable to set up elaborate traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
- carl standing with his back to the glass window while the zombies are trying to get out doesn't seem very smart. michonne can just walk back into the pub and grab the picture without the zombies noticing her is very unrealistic.
I think you are just nitpicking at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
- rick would choose to stay until morgan wake up, even though the governor is plotting to attack the prison at anytime, and rick's baby daughter is stuck there with a crazy merle, crippled hersel and a bunch of other useless characters (except for daryl).
He has strong ties with Morgan, and could use another person that he trusts in the group. Not that difficult to consider as a possibility.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
I liked everything but the hitchhiker thing. Rather a blunt point. And how did a guy that stupid survive this long?
I believe he was with the group that crashed their cars. Just a guess.

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:04 AM
  #110
Eisen
Registered User
 
Eisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eugene
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?
Looks like it.

Eisen is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:11 AM
  #111
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?
When they showed him as a bloody devoured mess it's safe to assume that, yes.

Diamondillium is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:26 AM
  #112
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis
 
Mr Fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Did she though? Or did she help develop Carl...
She was clearly helping to gain Rick's trust and let her stay in the group. She is turning from lone wolf sour puss to valuable asset

Mr Fahrenheit is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:33 AM
  #113
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
She was clearly helping to gain Rick's trust and let her stay in the group. She is turning from lone wolf sour puss to valuable asset
She was smart to speak up when Carl announced his plan to go off on his own little adventure. She's not stupid, she knew that the only reason she was coming with them on the gun-run was because Rick didn't trust her at the prison. Going with Carl and using it as an in to prove her usefulness & trustworthiness to the group was probably the only way she was ever going to be able to fully integrate.

Also should mention, how ballsy is it for Rick and Carl to have that conversation about Michonne outside the car (when they were stuck) when she's no more than 6 feet away?

Thought that was an awesome scene.

MrWoof is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:36 AM
  #114
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 50
Hearing a lot of buzz about Lennie James' performance tonight. Even an emmy-worthy whisper or two. Have to say I wholly agree. He was sublime and the monologue is probably the best dialogue in the series to date.

I really. Really, really, really hope they bring him on as a recurring cast member for season 4. It would be great for the series.

Also, didn't know this episode was penned by Scott Gimple (replacing Mazzara as showrunner). I was really disappointed with the news of Glen's dismissal but if Scott can run the show like he wrote this episode I think the show may be in even better hands yet.

MrWoof is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:44 AM
  #115
myrocketsgotcracked
Registered User
 
myrocketsgotcracked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country:
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
They have nothing to gain by picking up a random guy for no reason while they are going on a run for weapons to protect their prison. It just shows how the humanity of people involved in the crisis is getting slowly removed day by day.
the reason i see are: additional help for defending the prison, he might bring a skill set that may be useful, he can help rebuild, and just generally saving somebody increase the likelihood to ensure the survival of humanity.
but i guess in an apocolyptic world, you have to be more careful of strangers. although that scene to me, and the people i watched it with, shows that rick and his group basically have lost all humanity, and care for nobody else survival but themselves. it's like if you have no obvious benefit to rick, he will just leave you to die, even though it really doesn't take much to save a life, and that is just sad.


Quote:
He is mentally unstable, not unable to set up elaborate traps.
even an army was taken down by zombies, how is somebody that is mentally unstable supposed to last this long alone, while building elaborate traps and fencing off a whole city block?
but i guess what really bugs me about that scene is, if somebody like morgan can do what he did, why is rick's group running around all winter instead of building their own town?

Quote:
I think you are just nitpicking at this point.
maybe you are right, but it just doesn't seem particularly smart of carl. not to mention that one little kid leaning on a door is supposed to stop multiple zombies breaking through just seems wrong, especially after seeing how daryl have such a tough time in the prison holding the door with just 2 zombies trying to barge through.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi
Morgan woke up within an hour or so.. don't think anything drastic would have happened in that time
yea but he didn't know how long morgan was going to be out for. i thought he was in a rush to grab the guns and get back?


Last edited by myrocketsgotcracked: 03-04-2013 at 02:50 AM.
myrocketsgotcracked is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 02:49 AM
  #116
myrocketsgotcracked
Registered User
 
myrocketsgotcracked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country:
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
She was smart to speak up when Carl announced his plan to go off on his own little adventure. She's not stupid, she knew that the only reason she was coming with them on the gun-run was because Rick didn't trust her at the prison. Going with Carl and using it as an in to prove her usefulness & trustworthiness to the group was probably the only way she was ever going to be able to fully integrate.

Also should mention, how ballsy is it for Rick and Carl to have that conversation about Michonne outside the car (when they were stuck) when she's no more than 6 feet away?

Thought that was an awesome scene.
that's another thing i don't understand. if rick didn't trust michonne (he said as much to both daryl and carl the last 2 episodes), why would he let his 10 year old son alone with her BEFORE she gained his trust? afterall, this is the woman that abandoned rick's group in woodbury, and you are going to let her babysit your son?

myrocketsgotcracked is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:20 AM
  #117
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Come At Me, Bro!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 50
As long as we're nitpicking, why didn't they take even more guns? Morgan certainly won't need all that they left behind.

__________________
WhyNotUs?
Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:31 AM
  #118
Oxide
Registered User
 
Oxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 703
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
As long as we're nitpicking, why didn't they take even more guns? Morgan certainly won't need all that they left behind.
That's true, the box full of grenades would have been useful.

Oxide is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:06 AM
  #119
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,915
vCash: 500
As soon as they drove off and left him behind, I was expecting backpacker guy to be found dead on the side of the road, filled with bullets and sans backpack at the end of the episode. It would have provided a nice transition into next week to display the differences between Rick & company and the Woodbury folks. Rick doesn't trust people at this point, but he still isn't heartless enough to kill a man in cold blood. Then the Governor comes along and guns down backpacker guy off camera, just because.

I assume the reason they didn't do that is because of the contents of the backpack though. There has to be some significance to it's contents. I'm going to guess there's some messed up stuff in there, like body parts or something, which would affirm Rick's choice not to pick up a hitch hiker. Along with the body parts there will be something from early on in the show, like the necklace Andrea put around her sister's neck after she turned. For no other reason than for the audience to say, "hey, that's from season 1, kinda cool."

chuckdobbins is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:13 AM
  #120
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
The Gov is sadistic

Killing Morgan and taking his guns wouldn't have been comparable
Governor killed that group of soldiers to take their guns and vehicles. So killing Morgan for the guns is pretty much the same thing.

JabbaJabba is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:14 AM
  #121
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?
As opposed to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
i thought it was a fairly crappy episode, not sure what you guys see that i'm missing, but a couple things that bugged me:
- not picking up the hitchhiker guy. not sure why they decide to leave him there, the guy stand no chance stranded without weapon, you are better off shooting him in the head right there because by leaving him there, you are basically ensuring his death. is it so much trouble to stop the car, open the door and let him in, thus saving a life? its like whats the point of surviving if they lost all compassion and humanity?
- morgan looks to have lost his mind, how did he put together all the elaborate traps by himself? in his mental state, and the amount of zombies wondering around, he should've been long dead before he can put all these together.
- carl standing with his back to the glass window while the zombies are trying to get out doesn't seem very smart. michonne can just walk back into the pub and grab the picture without the zombies noticing her is very unrealistic.
- rick would choose to stay until morgan wake up, even though the governor is plotting to attack the prison at anytime, and rick's baby daughter is stuck there with a crazy merle, crippled hersel and a bunch of other useless characters (except for daryl).

about the only thing i liked about the episode was rick's conversation with morgan, it was kind of sad to find out what happened to duane.
They didn't even know the hitchhiker, why would they feel obligated to pick him up? They're all very skeptical and do not trust outsiders, especially after the whole Tomas in prison thing, and the Governor. They didn't even let Tyreese and company in despite seeing them and talking to them personally. What makes you think they would just pick the guy up? They barely even let Michonne integrate into the group (before this episode). Rick is clearly against just inviting new people in, that much is clear. It's obvious why they didn't pick the guy up.

Morgan could have assembled those traps long before he lost it. He may have done so when Duane was still alive. I don't think he said otherwise, but correct me if I'm wrong. As for the Carl thing, not really a major issue. I wouldn't get hung up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Governor killed that group of soldiers to take their guns and vehicles. So killing Morgan for the guns is pretty much the same thing.
Except Morgan is Rick's friend, and he saved Rick's life when he first left the hospital. He obviously feels emotionally connected to him and feels like he owes him to help rather than just kill him. He wouldn't just kill him. The Governor had absolutely no attachment to the soldiers and is arguably way more bat**** crazy than Rick is.

Rob Brown is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:23 AM
  #122
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,972
vCash: 500
Anyone else notice that Michone had a Crossbow on her back when they were loading up the car getting ready to leave?

Wonder if she's bringing that back for Daryl...

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
  #123
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Come At Me, Bro!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Anyone else notice that Michone had a Crossbow on her back when they were loading up the car getting ready to leave?

Wonder if she's bringing that back for Daryl...
That's what I thought it was for.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:30 AM
  #124
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,419
vCash: 500
Most people can attest to how critical I am about the show in here but last night's episode was IMO the best episode of maybe the entire series. Top 5 for sure. And I didn't know the writer of this episode is going to be the new showrunner (thank you, Mr. Woof) - that's incredible news. Last night's episode was true drama and a true testament to how much untapped potential the show has.

BonMorrison is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
  #125
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Most people can attest to how critical I am about the show in here but last night's episode was IMO the best episode of maybe the entire series. Top 5 for sure. And I didn't know the writer of this episode is going to be the new showrunner (thank you, Mr. Woof) - that's incredible news. Last night's episode was true drama and a true testament to how much untapped potential the show has.
Wow, I didn't know that either. Good news indeed.

Rob Brown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.