HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead -- Season 3 (Part VI)

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Vip
IFHY

vCash: 50
Loved this episode... It was kinda sad seeing the guy again (forgot his name).

You could definitely tell it was coming though after it showed rick radioing him in the preview.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Vip
IFHY

Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Thought Morgan's monologue was some damn good acting. Not as slow as last week's but it was still kind of filler but terrific filler. Great stuff. And an episode to finally incorporate Michonne into the group officially. Not how I expected it to happen, but whatever.

I'm not usually one to gripe about shows, but man those diner zombies were weak. One kid kept them barred in.

Carl was noticeably affected by hearing the guy running over.
Lennie James did an amazing job.

Loved him in Snatch as well.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Agron
BELIEVE.

vCash: 500
Really wish Morgan didnt go insane or batty. I really liked his character and thought he could be a great asset to Ricks group.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:27 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

i thought it was a fairly crappy episode, not sure what you guys see that i'm missing, but a couple things that bugged me:
- not picking up the hitchhiker guy. not sure why they decide to leave him there, the guy stand no chance stranded without weapon, you are better off shooting him in the head right there because by leaving him there, you are basically ensuring his death. is it so much trouble to stop the car, open the door and let him in, thus saving a life? its like whats the point of surviving if they lost all compassion and humanity?
- morgan looks to have lost his mind, how did he put together all the elaborate traps by himself? in his mental state, and the amount of zombies wondering around, he should've been long dead before he can put all these together.
- carl standing with his back to the glass window while the zombies are trying to get out doesn't seem very smart. michonne can just walk back into the pub and grab the picture without the zombies noticing her is very unrealistic.
- rick would choose to stay until morgan wake up, even though the governor is plotting to attack the prison at anytime, and rick's baby daughter is stuck there with a crazy merle, crippled hersel and a bunch of other useless characters (except for daryl).

about the only thing i liked about the episode was rick's conversation with morgan, it was kind of sad to find out what happened to duane.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Cudi
in the aeroplane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
i thought it was a fairly crappy episode, not sure what you guys see that i'm missing, but a couple things that bugged me:
- not picking up the hitchhiker guy. not sure why they decide to leave him there, the guy stand no chance stranded without weapon, you are better off shooting him in the head right there because by leaving him there, you are basically ensuring his death. is it so much trouble to stop the car, open the door and let him in, thus saving a life? its like whats the point of surviving if they lost all compassion and humanity?
- morgan looks to have lost his mind, how did he put together all the elaborate traps by himself? in his mental state, and the amount of zombies wondering around, he should've been long dead before he can put all these together.
- carl standing with his back to the glass window while the zombies are trying to get out doesn't seem very smart. michonne can just walk back into the pub and grab the picture without the zombies noticing her is very unrealistic.
- rick would choose to stay until morgan wake up, even though the governor is plotting to attack the prison at anytime, and rick's baby daughter is stuck there with a crazy merle, crippled hersel and a bunch of other useless characters (except for daryl).

about the only thing i liked about the episode was rick's conversation with morgan, it was kind of sad to find out what happened to duane.
Morgan woke up within an hour or so.. don't think anything drastic would have happened in that time

Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

I liked everything but the hitchhiker thing. Rather a blunt point. And how did a guy that stupid survive this long?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Swedish Fish
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Also what in the heck happened to backpack guy? Are we assuming that he got eaten by walkers?
He looked like he got hit by an 18 wheeler lol.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:48 AM
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

Quote:
They have nothing to gain by picking up a random guy for no reason while they are going on a run for weapons to protect their prison. It just shows how the humanity of people involved in the crisis is getting slowly removed day by day.

Quote:
He is mentally unstable, not unable to set up elaborate traps.

Quote:
I think you are just nitpicking at this point.

Quote:
He has strong ties with Morgan, and could use another person that he trusts in the group. Not that difficult to consider as a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
I liked everything but the hitchhiker thing. Rather a blunt point. And how did a guy that stupid survive this long?
I believe he was with the group that crashed their cars. Just a guess.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:04 AM
Eisen

Quote:
Looks like it.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
When they showed him as a bloody devoured mess it's safe to assume that, yes.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Did she though? Or did she help develop Carl...
She was clearly helping to gain Rick's trust and let her stay in the group. She is turning from lone wolf sour puss to valuable asset

Old
03-04-2013, 02:33 AM
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
She was clearly helping to gain Rick's trust and let her stay in the group. She is turning from lone wolf sour puss to valuable asset
She was smart to speak up when Carl announced his plan to go off on his own little adventure. She's not stupid, she knew that the only reason she was coming with them on the gun-run was because Rick didn't trust her at the prison. Going with Carl and using it as an in to prove her usefulness & trustworthiness to the group was probably the only way she was ever going to be able to fully integrate.

Also should mention, how ballsy is it for Rick and Carl to have that conversation about Michonne outside the car (when they were stuck) when she's no more than 6 feet away?

Thought that was an awesome scene.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:36 AM
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!

Hearing a lot of buzz about Lennie James' performance tonight. Even an emmy-worthy whisper or two. Have to say I wholly agree. He was sublime and the monologue is probably the best dialogue in the series to date.

I really. Really, really, really hope they bring him on as a recurring cast member for season 4. It would be great for the series.

Also, didn't know this episode was penned by Scott Gimple (replacing Mazzara as showrunner). I was really disappointed with the news of Glen's dismissal but if Scott can run the show like he wrote this episode I think the show may be in even better hands yet.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:44 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
They have nothing to gain by picking up a random guy for no reason while they are going on a run for weapons to protect their prison. It just shows how the humanity of people involved in the crisis is getting slowly removed day by day.
the reason i see are: additional help for defending the prison, he might bring a skill set that may be useful, he can help rebuild, and just generally saving somebody increase the likelihood to ensure the survival of humanity.
but i guess in an apocolyptic world, you have to be more careful of strangers. although that scene to me, and the people i watched it with, shows that rick and his group basically have lost all humanity, and care for nobody else survival but themselves. it's like if you have no obvious benefit to rick, he will just leave you to die, even though it really doesn't take much to save a life, and that is just sad.

Quote:
He is mentally unstable, not unable to set up elaborate traps.
even an army was taken down by zombies, how is somebody that is mentally unstable supposed to last this long alone, while building elaborate traps and fencing off a whole city block?
but i guess what really bugs me about that scene is, if somebody like morgan can do what he did, why is rick's group running around all winter instead of building their own town?

Quote:
I think you are just nitpicking at this point.
maybe you are right, but it just doesn't seem particularly smart of carl. not to mention that one little kid leaning on a door is supposed to stop multiple zombies breaking through just seems wrong, especially after seeing how daryl have such a tough time in the prison holding the door with just 2 zombies trying to barge through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi
Morgan woke up within an hour or so.. don't think anything drastic would have happened in that time
yea but he didn't know how long morgan was going to be out for. i thought he was in a rush to grab the guns and get back?

Last edited by myrocketsgotcracked: 03-04-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 02:49 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
She was smart to speak up when Carl announced his plan to go off on his own little adventure. She's not stupid, she knew that the only reason she was coming with them on the gun-run was because Rick didn't trust her at the prison. Going with Carl and using it as an in to prove her usefulness & trustworthiness to the group was probably the only way she was ever going to be able to fully integrate.

Also should mention, how ballsy is it for Rick and Carl to have that conversation about Michonne outside the car (when they were stuck) when she's no more than 6 feet away?

Thought that was an awesome scene.
that's another thing i don't understand. if rick didn't trust michonne (he said as much to both daryl and carl the last 2 episodes), why would he let his 10 year old son alone with her BEFORE she gained his trust? afterall, this is the woman that abandoned rick's group in woodbury, and you are going to let her babysit your son?

Old
03-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

As long as we're nitpicking, why didn't they take even more guns? Morgan certainly won't need all that they left behind.

03-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Oxide

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
As long as we're nitpicking, why didn't they take even more guns? Morgan certainly won't need all that they left behind.
That's true, the box full of grenades would have been useful.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:06 AM
chuckdobbins

As soon as they drove off and left him behind, I was expecting backpacker guy to be found dead on the side of the road, filled with bullets and sans backpack at the end of the episode. It would have provided a nice transition into next week to display the differences between Rick & company and the Woodbury folks. Rick doesn't trust people at this point, but he still isn't heartless enough to kill a man in cold blood. Then the Governor comes along and guns down backpacker guy off camera, just because.

I assume the reason they didn't do that is because of the contents of the backpack though. There has to be some significance to it's contents. I'm going to guess there's some messed up stuff in there, like body parts or something, which would affirm Rick's choice not to pick up a hitch hiker. Along with the body parts there will be something from early on in the show, like the necklace Andrea put around her sister's neck after she turned. For no other reason than for the audience to say, "hey, that's from season 1, kinda cool."

Old
03-04-2013, 07:13 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
The Gov is sadistic

Killing Morgan and taking his guns wouldn't have been comparable
Governor killed that group of soldiers to take their guns and vehicles. So killing Morgan for the guns is pretty much the same thing.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
As opposed to what?

Quote:

They didn't even know the hitchhiker, why would they feel obligated to pick him up? They're all very skeptical and do not trust outsiders, especially after the whole Tomas in prison thing, and the Governor. They didn't even let Tyreese and company in despite seeing them and talking to them personally. What makes you think they would just pick the guy up? They barely even let Michonne integrate into the group (before this episode). Rick is clearly against just inviting new people in, that much is clear. It's obvious why they didn't pick the guy up.

Morgan could have assembled those traps long before he lost it. He may have done so when Duane was still alive. I don't think he said otherwise, but correct me if I'm wrong. As for the Carl thing, not really a major issue. I wouldn't get hung up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Governor killed that group of soldiers to take their guns and vehicles. So killing Morgan for the guns is pretty much the same thing.
Except Morgan is Rick's friend, and he saved Rick's life when he first left the hospital. He obviously feels emotionally connected to him and feels like he owes him to help rather than just kill him. He wouldn't just kill him. The Governor had absolutely no attachment to the soldiers and is arguably way more bat**** crazy than Rick is.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:23 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Anyone else notice that Michone had a Crossbow on her back when they were loading up the car getting ready to leave?

Wonder if she's bringing that back for Daryl...

Old
03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Anyone else notice that Michone had a Crossbow on her back when they were loading up the car getting ready to leave?

Wonder if she's bringing that back for Daryl...
That's what I thought it was for.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:30 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Most people can attest to how critical I am about the show in here but last night's episode was IMO the best episode of maybe the entire series. Top 5 for sure. And I didn't know the writer of this episode is going to be the new showrunner (thank you, Mr. Woof) - that's incredible news. Last night's episode was true drama and a true testament to how much untapped potential the show has.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Most people can attest to how critical I am about the show in here but last night's episode was IMO the best episode of maybe the entire series. Top 5 for sure. And I didn't know the writer of this episode is going to be the new showrunner (thank you, Mr. Woof) - that's incredible news. Last night's episode was true drama and a true testament to how much untapped potential the show has.
Wow, I didn't know that either. Good news indeed.

Closed Thread