HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
  #651
smack66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Hopefully not in the 1st round though. I`d like some variety. I think a habs bruins Eastern Conference final matchup would be better
That works for me... although I doubt we agree on what we'd like for an outcome

smack66 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
  #652
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
I'm always fascinated by Bruins fans. Chara going ape was one of the main reasons they lost the game, but I have yet to see someone being critical about it. I mean, you'd think Emelin crosschecked Seguin in the head the way Chara responded. Anyway, we'll always have better chances to win when the Bruins play like brainless goons.

In the end, them trying to intimidate really isn't working since a diminutive Desharnais goes right into the crease to score the GWG, and that's what really interesting about the Canadiens. Opposing fans will appreciate the ''moral victory'', and we'll appreciate the 2 points.

Looking at Julien and Marchand crying to the media really makes me like the Habs more. I don't want this kind of behavior even in defeat.

Uber Coca is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:46 AM
  #653
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
The fact that Chara just completely went right after Emelin, while not following the play at all, and considering how far he had to come to see Emelin, and considering his size and everything, just comes in and starts pumelling one of our guys at will.. just ridiculous, IMO. Should have not been allowed back in the game at all, at the least.

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:46 AM
  #654
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I'm always fascinated by Bruins fans. Chara going ape was one of the main reasons they lost the game, but I have yet to see someone being critical about it. I mean, you'd think Emelin crosschecked Seguin in the head the way Chara responded. Anyway, we'll always have better chances to win when the Bruins play like brainless goons.

In the end, them trying to intimidate really isn't working since a diminutive Desharnais goes right into the crease to score the GWG, and that's what really interesting about the Canadiens. Opposing fans will appreciate the ''moral victory'', and we'll appreciate the 2 points.

Looking at Julien and Marchand crying to the media really makes me like the Habs more. I don't want this kind of behavior even in defeat.
I'd even go out on a stretch and say we got the moral victory too, hearing them cry like that... Music to my ears!

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:47 AM
  #655
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
The fact that Chara just completely went right after Emelin, while not following the play at all, and considering how far he had to come to see Emelin, and considering his size and everything, just comes in and starts pumelling one of our guys at will.. just ridiculous, IMO. Should have not been allowed back in the game at all, at the least.
Emelin deserved it and Emelin is 6'3 230 LBS. He's big enough.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:48 AM
  #656
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muminek View Post
Maybe you`re just posessed.

"Doesn't it hurt? It ought to. But that's what makes rivalries great. Don't wash out the wound. Give MTL full marks. Habs earned win."
Guess, who said that.
What's your point? I was talking about Moen on the top line which clearly he isn't suited for. Galchenyuk played a pretty good game with grinders and made things happen when he was on the ice. I don't understand why Therrien did this, in the first few games you saw his Play well and you'll earn more ice motto but now he's giving Moen a shot on the top line when he's been absolutely invisible since the beggining of the season. I'm not talking about Moen scoring goals just making a hit on the forecheck that's just the small thing he's asked to do and he hasn't done it. Giving him top line duties was a joke.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
  #657
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Emelin deserved it and Emelin is 6'3 230 LBS. He's big enough.
Come on.. deserved it???

Imagine getting attacked by a Grizzly Bear.. because that's kind of what it would be like to get attacked by a beast like Chara. You try and fight back but it's useless, he's too big and strong.

If you look back at the replay in slo-mo.. what Emelin did wasn't that bad!

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
  #658
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Come on.. deserved it???

Imagine getting attacked by a Grizzly Bear.. because that's kind of what it would be like to get attacked by a beast like Chara. You try and fight back but it's useless, he's too big and strong.

If you look back at the replay in slo-mo.. what Emelin did wasn't that bad!
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:52 AM
  #659
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
What's your point? I was talking about Moen on the top line which clearly he isn't suited for. Galchenyuk played a pretty good game with grinders and made things happen when he was on the ice. I don't understand why Therrien did this, in the first few games you saw his Play well and you'll earn more ice motto but now he's giving Moen a shot on the top line when he's been absolutely invisible since the beggining of the season. I'm not talking about Moen scoring goals just making a hit on the forecheck that's just the small thing he's asked to do and he hasn't done it. Giving him top line duties was a joke.
Its not our top offensive line, its our top defensive line. Galchenyuk is not at Moens level and thats OK. But we got to stop. He's 19... He can't always play on the top line, he needs sheltered minutes, and especially against the Bruins.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
  #660
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.
Chara can wait.. he has the whole rest of the game to get vengeance..

Instead he complete forgets about the game, and travels all the way down to Montreal's end behind Budaj to go and pummell him!

At least, he should have been kicked out the rest of the game, for sure, and we get a 5min PP.

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
  #661
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Come on.. deserved it???

Imagine getting attacked by a Grizzly Bear.. because that's kind of what it would be like to get attacked by a beast like Chara. You try and fight back but it's useless, he's too big and strong.

If you look back at the replay in slo-mo.. what Emelin did wasn't that bad!
Stop acting like that, you'll make us look bad. What he did was deserving of a beating and Emelin is big Enough to defend himself. He has huge balls and doesn't care much. Emelin is just a bit smaller than Lucic.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
  #662
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Stop acting like that, you'll make us look bad. What he did was deserving of a beating and Emelin is big Enough to defend himself. He has huge balls and doesn't care much. Emelin is just a bit smaller than Lucic.
What he did was deserving of a beating??? lol.

Did you see the replay????? Come on man..

What Chara did to Pacioretty, deserves a beating... for this "cross-check" on Seguin... hellll no... come on.. seriously?

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
  #663
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.
He also charged after a guy and didn't even try to ask to fight. Good intentions, dirty execution. He was also punished accordingly and his team suffered from his loss.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
  #664
doc lafleur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=MonkeyBusiness;60927231]It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and

doc lafleur is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
  #665
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.
Umm if he was "cheap shotting" on a regular basis he'd have more than 2 minor penalties through 22

Gally11 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:58 AM
  #666
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,220
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.
It was a cross check that deserved a minor penalty. Hardly something for Chara to get all crazy over.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:00 AM
  #667
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Umm if he was "cheap shotting" on a regular basis he'd have more than 2 minor penalties through 22
Where did I say it was on a regular basis? Of course there was going to be retaliation after that play because it was Tyler Seguin. Be real if someone did that to Galchenyuk would you not expect someone to go after the guy who cross-checked him?

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:01 AM
  #668
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Be real if someone did that to Galchenyuk would you not expect someone to go after the guy who cross-checked him?
If Chara was the one who did it...

No.

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:01 AM
  #669
Out East
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Halifax NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Say what you want about Gainey as a GM but the man is all class which explains why he mysteriously fired Julien in mid stride. I can't believe what a hypocrite jerk he has become. The whole Bruin culture is just classless and an embarrassment to humanity. Clearly Gainey saw his character and sent it packing...

Out East is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
  #670
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It was a cross check that deserved a minor penalty. Hardly something for Chara to get all crazy over.
Things happen fast when you're on the ice and Chara felt like he had to do something. Chara is not the one to usually take runs at guys for nothing.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
  #671
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
What he did was deserving of a beating??? lol.

Did you see the replay????? Come on man..

What Chara did to Pacioretty, deserves a beating... for this "cross-check" on Seguin... hellll no... come on.. seriously?
You really look like a little kid right now, so biased. Emelin broke his damn stick on Seguin, he deserved it and Chara got what he deserved too. End of the story.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
  #672
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You really look like a little kid right now, so biased. Emelin broke his damn stick on Seguin, he deserved it and Chara got what he deserved too. End of the story.
His broke his stick on Seguin's stick.

You obviously didn't see the replay...

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
  #673
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
He also charged after a guy and didn't even try to ask to fight. Good intentions, dirty execution. He was also punished accordingly and his team suffered from his loss.
He still sent a message, don't touch the future of this team. I'm not even a Bruins fan you guys have to stop defending the habs players for everything they do.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
  #674
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Come on.. deserved it???

Imagine getting attacked by a Grizzly Bear.. because that's kind of what it would be like to get attacked by a beast like Chara. You try and fight back but it's useless, he's too big and strong.

If you look back at the replay in slo-mo.. what Emelin did wasn't that bad!
I'd say he kind of deserved it too. The crosscheck was dirty, and clearly Chara overreacted. That's hockey. I see nothing wrong in this play since the referees punished Chara the way they should.

Also, let's not act like Emelin got destroyed by Chara. He actually was fine and made a pass that led to a goal.

On an other note, we had the opportunity of seeing a Chara-less Boston team and it really weakens them. I could see them falling apart given an injury.

Uber Coca is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:05 AM
  #675
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
His broke his stick on Seguin's stick.

You obviously didn't see the replay...
What I'm also saying is that things happen so fast in this game that when Chara saw Seguin down he didn't have time to watch the replay he just acted.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.