HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
smack66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Hopefully not in the 1st round though. I`d like some variety. I think a habs bruins Eastern Conference final matchup would be better
That works for me... although I doubt we agree on what we'd like for an outcome

Old
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Uber Coca

I'm always fascinated by Bruins fans. Chara going ape was one of the main reasons they lost the game, but I have yet to see someone being critical about it. I mean, you'd think Emelin crosschecked Seguin in the head the way Chara responded. Anyway, we'll always have better chances to win when the Bruins play like brainless goons.

In the end, them trying to intimidate really isn't working since a diminutive Desharnais goes right into the crease to score the GWG, and that's what really interesting about the Canadiens. Opposing fans will appreciate the ''moral victory'', and we'll appreciate the 2 points.

Looking at Julien and Marchand crying to the media really makes me like the Habs more. I don't want this kind of behavior even in defeat.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:46 AM
BobbyFischer*

The fact that Chara just completely went right after Emelin, while not following the play at all, and considering how far he had to come to see Emelin, and considering his size and everything, just comes in and starts pumelling one of our guys at will.. just ridiculous, IMO. Should have not been allowed back in the game at all, at the least.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I'm always fascinated by Bruins fans. Chara going ape was one of the main reasons they lost the game, but I have yet to see someone being critical about it. I mean, you'd think Emelin crosschecked Seguin in the head the way Chara responded. Anyway, we'll always have better chances to win when the Bruins play like brainless goons.

In the end, them trying to intimidate really isn't working since a diminutive Desharnais goes right into the crease to score the GWG, and that's what really interesting about the Canadiens. Opposing fans will appreciate the ''moral victory'', and we'll appreciate the 2 points.

Looking at Julien and Marchand crying to the media really makes me like the Habs more. I don't want this kind of behavior even in defeat.
I'd even go out on a stretch and say we got the moral victory too, hearing them cry like that... Music to my ears!

Old
03-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
The fact that Chara just completely went right after Emelin, while not following the play at all, and considering how far he had to come to see Emelin, and considering his size and everything, just comes in and starts pumelling one of our guys at will.. just ridiculous, IMO. Should have not been allowed back in the game at all, at the least.
Emelin deserved it and Emelin is 6'3 230 LBS. He's big enough.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:48 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muminek View Post
Maybe you`re just posessed.

"Doesn't it hurt? It ought to. But that's what makes rivalries great. Don't wash out the wound. Give MTL full marks. Habs earned win."
Guess, who said that.
What's your point? I was talking about Moen on the top line which clearly he isn't suited for. Galchenyuk played a pretty good game with grinders and made things happen when he was on the ice. I don't understand why Therrien did this, in the first few games you saw his Play well and you'll earn more ice motto but now he's giving Moen a shot on the top line when he's been absolutely invisible since the beggining of the season. I'm not talking about Moen scoring goals just making a hit on the forecheck that's just the small thing he's asked to do and he hasn't done it. Giving him top line duties was a joke.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Emelin deserved it and Emelin is 6'3 230 LBS. He's big enough.
Come on.. deserved it???

Imagine getting attacked by a Grizzly Bear.. because that's kind of what it would be like to get attacked by a beast like Chara. You try and fight back but it's useless, he's too big and strong.

If you look back at the replay in slo-mo.. what Emelin did wasn't that bad!

Old
03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Come on.. deserved it???

Imagine getting attacked by a Grizzly Bear.. because that's kind of what it would be like to get attacked by a beast like Chara. You try and fight back but it's useless, he's too big and strong.

It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
What's your point? I was talking about Moen on the top line which clearly he isn't suited for. Galchenyuk played a pretty good game with grinders and made things happen when he was on the ice. I don't understand why Therrien did this, in the first few games you saw his Play well and you'll earn more ice motto but now he's giving Moen a shot on the top line when he's been absolutely invisible since the beggining of the season. I'm not talking about Moen scoring goals just making a hit on the forecheck that's just the small thing he's asked to do and he hasn't done it. Giving him top line duties was a joke.
Its not our top offensive line, its our top defensive line. Galchenyuk is not at Moens level and thats OK. But we got to stop. He's 19... He can't always play on the top line, he needs sheltered minutes, and especially against the Bruins.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and defended his guy.
Chara can wait.. he has the whole rest of the game to get vengeance..

Instead he complete forgets about the game, and travels all the way down to Montreal's end behind Budaj to go and pummell him!

At least, he should have been kicked out the rest of the game, for sure, and we get a 5min PP.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Come on.. deserved it???

Stop acting like that, you'll make us look bad. What he did was deserving of a beating and Emelin is big Enough to defend himself. He has huge balls and doesn't care much. Emelin is just a bit smaller than Lucic.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Stop acting like that, you'll make us look bad. What he did was deserving of a beating and Emelin is big Enough to defend himself. He has huge balls and doesn't care much. Emelin is just a bit smaller than Lucic.
What he did was deserving of a beating??? lol.

Did you see the replay????? Come on man..

What Chara did to Pacioretty, deserves a beating... for this "cross-check" on Seguin... hellll no... come on.. seriously?

Old
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
He also charged after a guy and didn't even try to ask to fight. Good intentions, dirty execution. He was also punished accordingly and his team suffered from his loss.

Old
doc lafleur

[QUOTE=MonkeyBusiness;60927231]It was still a dirty play, if the idiot would think once in a while he wouldn't be cheap shotting other players when he can't fight back. Tyler Seguin is their future at the forward position Chara acted like a captain and

Old
Gally11

Quote:
Umm if he was "cheap shotting" on a regular basis he'd have more than 2 minor penalties through 22

Old
03-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
It was a cross check that deserved a minor penalty. Hardly something for Chara to get all crazy over.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:00 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Umm if he was "cheap shotting" on a regular basis he'd have more than 2 minor penalties through 22
Where did I say it was on a regular basis? Of course there was going to be retaliation after that play because it was Tyler Seguin. Be real if someone did that to Galchenyuk would you not expect someone to go after the guy who cross-checked him?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:01 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Be real if someone did that to Galchenyuk would you not expect someone to go after the guy who cross-checked him?
If Chara was the one who did it...

No.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Out East

Say what you want about Gainey as a GM but the man is all class which explains why he mysteriously fired Julien in mid stride. I can't believe what a hypocrite jerk he has become. The whole Bruin culture is just classless and an embarrassment to humanity. Clearly Gainey saw his character and sent it packing...

Old
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It was a cross check that deserved a minor penalty. Hardly something for Chara to get all crazy over.
Things happen fast when you're on the ice and Chara felt like he had to do something. Chara is not the one to usually take runs at guys for nothing.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
What he did was deserving of a beating??? lol.

Did you see the replay????? Come on man..

What Chara did to Pacioretty, deserves a beating... for this "cross-check" on Seguin... hellll no... come on.. seriously?
You really look like a little kid right now, so biased. Emelin broke his damn stick on Seguin, he deserved it and Chara got what he deserved too. End of the story.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
You really look like a little kid right now, so biased. Emelin broke his damn stick on Seguin, he deserved it and Chara got what he deserved too. End of the story.
His broke his stick on Seguin's stick.

You obviously didn't see the replay...

Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
He also charged after a guy and didn't even try to ask to fight. Good intentions, dirty execution. He was also punished accordingly and his team suffered from his loss.
He still sent a message, don't touch the future of this team. I'm not even a Bruins fan you guys have to stop defending the habs players for everything they do.

Old
Uber Coca

Quote:
Come on.. deserved it???

I'd say he kind of deserved it too. The crosscheck was dirty, and clearly Chara overreacted. That's hockey. I see nothing wrong in this play since the referees punished Chara the way they should.

Also, let's not act like Emelin got destroyed by Chara. He actually was fine and made a pass that led to a goal.

On an other note, we had the opportunity of seeing a Chara-less Boston team and it really weakens them. I could see them falling apart given an injury.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:05 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
His broke his stick on Seguin's stick.

You obviously didn't see the replay...
What I'm also saying is that things happen so fast in this game that when Chara saw Seguin down he didn't have time to watch the replay he just acted.

Closed Thread