HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
CaptainBenn
The king is back

vCash: 500
Did you guys hear Claude fatso Juliens comments after the game? Their organisation is a joke.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Again, someone has a vid of the Subban/Kaberle/Horton incident?
What happened? Did not see the game except for a part of it on Canadiens Express this morning.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever. Kharlamov did nothing to invite Clarke to slash his ankle, aside from playing well.

Emelin on the other hand did everything to invite some form of retribution (going after a star player with a cheap hit) and as such, should have to answer the bell. If he doesn't want to fight/can't fight, then he shouldn't be making dirty hits where guys are going to come around and make him answer for them. I have no idea how this point is being lost on some people.
Clarke's responsibility would not have changed if Kharlamov had run a player.

The point is that it is absolutely Chara's responsibility if it happens to be Chara's fist that ends up ending Emelin's career. You're responsible for your fists and their consequences, unless you're a ****ing ape.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
poetryinmotion

Okay someone needs to bust out the Bruins Zoo pic from a few years ago. I have it on my other laptop.

edit:

rofl @ Kaberle

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 03-04-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sure, that's one way to look at it, one I'm sure they already knew. Another way is to see it as their Captain making a stupid decision in taking himself out of the play for 17min which meant giving up the lead and trailing, eventually losing the game.

Seguin got a routine crosscheck. Stop trying to justify this super message. It was a stupid decision from Chara and didn't send any message. Their guys couldn't even rally and back up their captain. They gave up the lead, and then trailed never to come back.
Certainly shows how that message got across!
naw...it's not the booins fault. The refs conspired with the Habs. Habs are a bunch of whiny divers. The bruins always take the high road in times like this. Never complain, never blame anyone else. Always unselfish play from all their players.

sorry, that was hard not to laugh at while typing. Bunch of babies.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
no what Emelin did was a 2 min penalty. He didn't pull anything really dirty that isn't done 15 times a game.

Chara was an idiot. He can do that crap every game. Thanks for taking yourself out of the game, Boston doesn't need their #1 Dman for a whole period at all. That was idiotic. All he proved was that the bruins are easily goaded into making bonehead plays. Congrats
I'd have no problem with what Chara did. Sticking up for a teammate. Yeah it cost him a penalty and maybe even the game but he sent a message not to mess with their young star players. I have no issue with this at all and I'd like to see more of it from our side too.

Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet to protect your stars. I know I wouldn't want anyone messing with Galchenyuk.

And I know these little behind the play incidents happen all the time but we should be playing a more disciplined game. The cheap shots on both sides just helps Boston out and we should be playing our game, not theirs.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:03 AM
FinnHab

Whining from B-side is unbelievable. Big Bad Bruins? Comical...

Old
03-04-2013, 11:07 AM
DenverHabsFan

'nuff said.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
The message is that Chara is going to defend his players maybe that's not positive for you but inside the B's dressing room it is and Seguin and every B's player for that matter knows that Chara has their back.
There's 2 ways to defend a teammates. The right way and the White way. Chara did the White way, put his team in trouble and cost his team the game.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'd have no problem with what Chara did. Sticking up for a teammate. Yeah it cost him a penalty and maybe even the game but he sent a message not to mess with their young star players. I have no issue with this at all and I'd like to see more of it from our side too.

Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet to protect your stars. I know I wouldn't want anyone messing with Galchenyuk.

And I know these little behind the play incidents happen all the time but we should be playing a more disciplined game. The cheap shots on both sides just helps Boston out and we should be playing our game, not theirs.

I agree cheapshots aren't really needed, but in the heat of the game, they happen....to both sides.

But I'm sorry, but we don't need guys skating cross rink to jump players. Chara could easily have confronted him at the whisle or at the habs bench and called him out or even forced him into a fight. It's still an instigator, but he doesn't get the 10 for skating cross rink and jumping the guy. That was just plain boneheadded.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but who saw McQuade swing his stick at BGally like he was chopping after a whistle? Had he connected, Gally would be dead.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:10 AM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Chara got the 10 min because he pushes the linesman. What an overgrown Dumbass.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

[QUOTE=Lafleurs Guy;60932051]I'd have no problem with what Chara did. Sticking up for a teammate. Yeah it cost him a penalty and maybe even the game but he sent a message not to mess with their young star players. QUOTE]

Did it send a message? You don't think Emelin will take a shot at Seguin next game if he gets a chance? I'm betting he will and then some.
Only message there is that he's willing to sell his team out for instant gratification.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I agree cheapshots aren't really needed, but in the heat of the game, they happen....to both sides.

But I'm sorry, but we don't need guys skating cross rink to jump players. Chara could easily have confronted him at the whisle or at the habs bench and called him out or even forced him into a fight. It's still an instigator, but he doesn't get the 10 for skating cross rink and jumping the guy. That was just plain boneheadded.
Honestly, if one of our guys did it we'd be praising him. You've got to stick up for your teammates. In a playoff series it's a different story but this is a club we can expect to play in the postseason. They're setting the tone... don't mess with our star players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Did it send a message? You don't think Emelin will take a shot at Seguin next game if he gets a chance? I'm betting he will and then some.
He might think twice about it. No way he doesn't think about it at all.

Old
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post

'nuff said.
lol love it

Old
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Akipa
HFB Partner

An article on the hypocrisy of the Bruins with some textbook examples of the Bruins diving.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/03/...boston-bruins/

Enjoy, Go Habs Go!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akipa View Post
An article on the hypocrisy of the Bruins with some textbook examples of the Bruins diving.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/03/...boston-bruins/

Enjoy, Go Habs Go!

Beautiful. Finally someone agrees with me that Emelin's hit was a joke.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Honestly, if one of our guys did it we'd be praising him. You've got to stick up for your teammates. In a playoff series it's a different story but this is a club we can expect to play in the postseason. They're setting the tone... don't mess with our star players.

This is exactly what I was saying but I got called a troll and a bruins fan, someone even messaged me privately to tell me I'm a *****ing b*tch and I'm ignored. Seriously?

Old
03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post

'nuff said.
Irony at its finest.

Old
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
He may think "Hey, if I hit this guy, I can take Chara out for 17 minutes. Woohoo, the coach will love me!!"

We went through this with White. I admire your heart but not if it costs us 2 points.

Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Call everyone who has a rational opinion a troll so I just joined a few days ago who cares? Can't people join here anymore? The internet is a bad place for kids like you who call everyone a troll jsut because they don't have the same opinion. Chara isn't a dirty player and good on him for defending his player. Why should I defend Emelin if he cross-checked Seguin to the ribs huh? Because he plays for my team?
Chara didn't defend his teammate. He took revenge. His action didn't help Seguin but it helped the Habs immensely. Nor will it act as a force field to shield his teammates in the future. Finally, your "rational opinion" doesn't exculpate Chara from the charge that he's a dirty player.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
He may think "Hey, if I hit this guy, I can take Chara out for 17 minutes. Woohoo, the coach will love me!!"
I don't think Emelin wants to take another shot at Tyler Seguin and take a chance at ruining his career.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Chara didn't defend his teammate. He took revenge. His action didn't help Seguin but it helped the Habs immensely. Nor will it act as a force field to shield his teammates in the future.
That's good for us if he took a long penalty, but technically he was defending his teammate.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:

I've played in my younger days, and stuff like that just made me want to do it more. And yes, sometimes the guy was a giant not as much as Chara...but still abnormally massive. I loved the rough stuff, but when you know you can get into their heads, you do it....alot.

True, we did love White stepping up this season against Florida on a bad hit, but he was right next to the play and didn't need to go lumbering across 140 ft of ice to get there. That would have been a whole other story right there

Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
I don't think Emelin wants to take another shot at Tyler Seguin and take a chance at ruining his career.
I disagree, but if that's the case, then he doesn't belong in the league.

Closed Thread