Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 10:09 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Chiarelli must see this, if he does not I question his ability (and I don't because I think he is a premier GM).

He won't let our third line sink the season and right now, it could happen.

I honestly think he will do something soon and it will be unexpected. We have picks to trade. I want Spooner to get a another year in the AHL but who knows, maybe Chiarelli takes a risk and calls him up for 3rd line center duty, Peverley plays one wing, Kelly gets traded and we find someone (Ryan Clowe would be nice) to add some size and grit.
Before the Bruins make a trade I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly - Spooner - Peverley for a few games. They tried everything might as well try that. Is Spooner ready? Probably not, my guess is an offseason of getting stronger will put him in the Bruins line up next season. Plus adding a guy with speed and vision could really add something to that line.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
It seems like all the Habs have are excuses lol
That's because the five year anniversary celebrations are over.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
GuinnRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Chiarelli must see this, if he does not I question his ability (and I don't because I think he is a premier GM).

He won't let our third line sink the season and right now, it could happen.

I honestly think he will do something soon and it will be unexpected. We have picks to trade. I want Spooner to get a another year in the AHL but who knows, maybe Chiarelli takes a risk and calls him up for 3rd line center duty, Peverley plays one wing, Kelly gets traded and we find someone (Ryan Clowe would be nice) to add some size and grit.
Kelly gets traded? Maybe in some EA sports world but not in reality, buddy.

Never mind he's got a full NTC, even if he didn't nobody would touch 3M x 3 left on his overinflated contract.

Still can't believe he got that sweet deal (NTC???) after his career year. Mercy.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

Jordan Caron. I'm telling you. Replace Chris Bourque/Daniel Paille with Jordan Caron on the third line.

Old
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things in that game.

Chara's 17 penalty minutes didn't help win this game but it was the right thing to do anyway and he's a great captain.

Seguin and Hamilton are really starting to make more of an impact. Hamilton played 19 minutes tonight and was better than a lot of the veteran players. The skill level of this team is on the upswing. Seguin looks unstoppable at times.

Kelly hit two posts so he was unlucky. I don't have a problem with his effort though and never have. Still that third line is definitely in need of some offensive help. Only 5 combined goals on the season from Peverley, Kelly, and Bourque obviously isn't good enough.

Bad night in the defensive zone for several players.
Agree 100% with the bold, I consider Chara's actions an investment.
Game could have gone either way, lots of pucks ringing off the iron.
Losing to the habs always sucks, but it was a good entertaining game with intensity.

Old
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I bet the Habs will slow down, Markov is due for his season ending injury soon.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:15 PM
bwunderlich

From Bergy being the first player, after Chara's cerimonial puck drop, to shake the Newtown teachers' hand till the final horn, Mr. Bergeron was a Renaissance Man. He does it all and we are seeing this generations Stevie Y. Kid ooozes class.

It been only one game since DK limped off the ice but he had no push at all . . .he looks to be nursing something. If there was no roof, Horton would have floated out over the harbor. P. U.

I think we all saw what our defence would look like minus Chara. scary. any other team, I have no problem with what Chara did tonight. But the Habs baited us and got the Bruins off their game. They were smarter.

This one still stings a bit.

Old
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tales View Post
Jordan Caron. I'm telling you. Replace Chris Bourque/Daniel Paille with Jordan Caron on the third line.
Hes slow and doesn't use his body at all. It won't make a difference.

Old
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins_19 View Post
Agree 100% about Wheeler but when you add Stuart in there as well??
Stuart was redundant with the play of McQuaid, not to mention McQuaid was making 545k at the time. Stuart wouldn't be anymore than a 5/6/7th defenceman in Boston and personally I would take McQuaid over Stuart. Having both isn't an option because their deficiencies as hockey players is too much to have two of these players.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Jeff L

Secondary scoring needs to be addressed soon. It's just too bad that the options out there don't look particularly good; Clowe and Penner are having terrible seasons, Perry's too expensive and Alfie's probably going nowhere. Ference needs to sit out a few games too, get his damn head on straight - let Torey Krug have a shot.

That being said, a big positive to take away from this game is that Seguin and Dougie are really contributing. Seguin had a three point night!

I won't comment on the Emelin situation. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:18 PM
CamFan81
Derp

ty zebras lol

Old
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
The lineup change did them up.

Old
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Hab fan coming in peace.
Therrien being the new coach has used No Excuses as our teams motto to not accept/let what happened last year from happening again.
Thanks for the explanation.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

We should have some avatars like that

Old
03-03-2013, 10:19 PM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Mione is mine mainly cuz she recognized The Tribe av I used to have
Haha, this is true. We bonded on our mutual Tribe love.

But I am more than willing to share both of you guys. Just as long as nobody watches the Big Bang Theory. If I hear *knock* *knock* Penny one more time...

Old
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Regina

That was funny watching the Chara incident .

I saw Seguin go down but didn't see which number it was , but then saw 33 skating across the TV screen with his eyes bulging out of his head with nothing to do with the play and I thought , " You better run squirrel whoever you are "

I didn't like our lack of net prescence again . Just very timid in front of the opposition net , could be because of the lack of shots but I think its something I saw more from the schabitant tonight than us .

Shouldn't blame this game on Pandalfo but I will anyway .

Old
03-03-2013, 10:22 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Fin, Kelly is going nowhere in trade so I think I am with you on that, but Spooner didn't look nearly ready..I say pick up a good grinding wing and call it a day.
Possible, but Spooner played 5mins and his lack of playing time wasn’t because he played poorly, it was by design, not a large enough sample size to say he’s ready or not. I don’t think he is ready, but the Bruins should exhaust internal options before looking for acquisitions IMO. Jay Pandolfo is playing, I don’t think we lose much more playing Spooner for 3/5 games.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:23 PM
CamFan81
Derp

so glad to see all the bruins post game coverage on csn or nesn.

Terrific.
(yes i saw the brick interview and no i can't sit through csn's football talk to wait for bruins talk)

Old
03-03-2013, 10:24 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins_19 View Post
I actually like Peverly alot even though hes been terrible, but how bad was that trade. I know we won the cup with Peverly and Id do the trade all over again but Wheeler had like 60 some points last year although he is horribly frustrating. And Mark Stuart a really solid D man with the B's. Anyone else think this?
Wheeler disappeared come the PO. They won it all in part because Peverley played well kn 2011.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Trap Jesus

Like a poster above said, some good some bad. The Bergeron line looked incredible and I thought we ultimately carried the play most of the night. At the same time, there were far too many turnovers and Rask looked off tonight. The team's been rolling so I can't really complain. It would've been nice to come away with the W, especially at home vs. a team you're fighting for first with, but you can't win them all.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
That was funny watching the Chara incident .

I saw Seguin go down but didn't see which number it was , but then saw 33 skating across the TV screen with his eyes bulging out of his head with nothing to do with the play and I thought , " You better run squirrel whoever you are "

I didn't like our lack of net prescence again . Just very timid in front of the opposition net , could be because of the lack of shots but I think its something I saw more from the schabitant tonight than us .

Shouldn't blame this game on Pandalfo but I will anyway .
Pandolfo did his job tonight. No mistakes from him.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Lobster57

I love Soupy, but why was he the extra forward with Rask pulled? Put Looch or Horton out with the Bergy line, and park them in front.

Or get creative and have Sides and Dougie on the blueline and park Chara in front

Old
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
I love Soupy, but why was he the extra forward with Rask pulled? Put Looch or Horton out with the Bergy line, and park them in front.
Yeah, that didn't make much sense to me. He doesn't make sense to put out for faceoffs anymore. I guess they wanted him out there to fight for the puck if it got jammed in the corner? No idea.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
HabsAddict

Emelin has a broken orbital bone that is held together by screws and plate. He HAS to turtle or he can suffer a career end'er. Usually, he play with a full face basket.

There was a lot of turnovers by the Bruins to Habs tenacity.....and a lot of turnovers by the Habs because of Bruins hitting.

Closed Thread