Bruins finally lose one

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 01:01 AM
domdo345

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
haha. Marchand, FWIW, gets so much crap but he's been our best forward thus far. Hamiliton's playing over his head right now for a kid this young and Seguin's finally coming into his own.

As for Bergy, he's a saint in Boston. He can do no wrong. Like Galchenyuk btw. Leave it to a Belorussian-American who's from Russia to be the next star in Montreal. Can't wait to see him down the USA jersey.
Oh well Galchenyuk will need a lot of mileage before getting close to Bergy's level. I was actually telling myself how he'd get much more points on a less defensive minded team. For Hamilton, I don't think/feel he's playing over his head. He's just playing in a structured system and surrounded with good players which will help any youngster. Put him in an Oilers shirt and he probably looks less stellar. Anyway didn't think the Bruins could get bigger on defense but it seems so!

Old
03-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You=Fanbase. All I'm saying is that the fanbase as a whole acts the same. We just have different styles but fundamentally we act like most passionate fanbases would.
Fair enough!

Old
03-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

NHL Network kissing that Canadien ***

Old
03-04-2013, 01:24 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD74 View Post
Do we really want to go there? Really,,,,,,the refs??? We are sounding like scab fans,,,,blame everyone but ourselves. We got too emotionally involved and deviated from the game plan. Remember last game, even though we were down a goal, the scabs looked more nervous.,,,,,and by the time was up, we got the 2pts and the next flight out of Montreal!!!

I honestly feel that this team has really spoiled its fan base over the past to 5 years. Even after tonights game, we are still the best team in the East........however, I sometimes miss the days when this team was hungry......it is something that has not been there for awhile. Maybe this loss is a blessing in disguise.

Good on Julien for standing up for his players. The alpha-bear protecting his cubs.....wouldnt have it any other way......as one poster said earlier......it was an investment move.

We have won 5 out of the last 6 with against the scabs......I guess we were due! at the end of the day, it will be a footnote in our 2013 season,,,,,wink, wink!!!

btw, stay away from their boards.........you will have an easier time bringing peace to the middle-east than discussing hockey with them......I live amongst them, I should know!!
sure, the ones you talked to must have been as happy as you would if they were to call your team baboons or something... you know.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
sure, the ones you talked to must have been as happy as you would if they were to call your team baboons or something... you know.

what?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Echoing what Ladyfan said about 44... Definitely didn't play as big on the ice as I've seen him in games past, and it was apparent tonight that his focus was a bit off.

Second line was flying all over the ice. Midway through the first period when things really started to warm up, once one of those guys touched the puck, you could feel the crowd start to buzz. That was pretty cool.

While all sorts of fired up after the Chara/Emelin fight, the tenor of the crowd changed after the third and didn't recover until close to the end of the game. Got pretty quiet and missed the intensity of the second.

Defense just looked all sorts of disorganized tonight. Yes, when you're missing Chara for 17 minutes and Seidenberg wasn't himself, you almost knew there was going to be a lapse. The turnovers happened, play got sloppy, frustration built...and well, you all saw the end.

Lots of unhappy folks walking out of the Garden tonight.

Looks like the Habs came to play this year. Tank mode appears to be disabled.

So you live to fight another day.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Bruins, save for Charas outburst, had no answer for Emelin running around.

You want to see a tough physical team? Watch the Blues, they are so physically intimidating. Backes/Oshie/Stewart/Sobotka would of been plastering Emelin all night long on the forecheck. Our big bad Lucic/Horton combo was pretty Soft on the forecheck tonight. Lucic needs to lay since big hits more often. He's relying too much on his reputation lately and needs to be the alpha make again.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:53 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
what?
"scabs" every sentence. Must be easy to have an intelligent conversation with someone talking that way

Old
03-04-2013, 01:53 AM
ChoseLa

As a Habs fan i'd say most of you are right, Emelin gave a cheap shot and Chara had the right to jump him, his 17 minutes was well deserved though. But all that was said by Marchand, Seguin, Julien, etc after the game was realy unworthy of a good rivalry like we have.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post

You want to see a tough physical team? Watch the Blues, they are so physically intimidating. Backes/Oshie/Stewart/Sobotka would of been plastering Emelin all night long on the forecheck. Our big bad Lucic/Horton combo was pretty Soft on the forecheck tonight. Lucic needs to lay since big hits more often. He's relying too much on his reputation lately and needs to be the alpha make again.
Sobotka would have been real nice with the B's

While I agree the Blues physical play is great, I disagree about Lucic. He was hitting people on the boards all night. I don't know what you were seeing. But you're spot on Horton. He still isnt being himself on the ice.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:59 AM
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post

Totally agree with you on this.

Other then the one big hit at the beginning of the game and the fight Lucic was basically a non factor in a game he should of been a shinning light for this team.

This is a game that Lucic and Horton thrived on and dominated and destroyed.

But at the same time Montreal played it smart, they left them alone to sleep nicely in la la land. Instead they went after Seguin, Marchand and others knowing full well that the Bruins would respond with anger.

I want nothing more then someone, don't care who it is or what team, I want someone to hurt Emelin. Eller is a gutless puke with hockey skills and he fits right in with the Canadians.

I feel sorry for Prust, he has to stand up for these clowns.

But at the same time the Bruins need to control the anger that boils inside of them with a team like Montreal. We as fans know that most of them won't drop the gloves and fight and the players should know that also.

So that being said, they need to focus more on the game at hand then the punishment via fists that they want to do.

Look, we all know that other then Prust who has character, the Canadiens can not match our physical play and when I say physical play I mean the laying of body checks.

That is how Boston needs to play and when they start playing like that they will win easily over teams like Montreal.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:08 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Come on Ryan White is a beast

Old
03-04-2013, 02:15 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Come on Ryan White is a beast

Old
03-04-2013, 02:18 AM
BergyDGD
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You=Fanbase. All I'm saying is that the fanbase as a whole acts the same. We just have different styles but fundamentally we act like most passionate fanbases would.
I would say our fan bases are drastically different. Bruins fans in large do not riot after round 1 playoff victories as the #1 seed, nor has the Bruins fan base ever acted like this

Old
03-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Haha, this is true. We bonded on our mutual Tribe love.

But I am more than willing to share both of you guys. Just as long as nobody watches the Big Bang Theory. If I hear *knock* *knock* Penny one more time...

Old
03-04-2013, 02:34 AM
BNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
No, Wheeler gets offensive TOI he wouldn't normally get in Boston. It's an example of decent player on a bad team. Think Andrew Ladd, 15/17 goals with a stacked Chicago team, gets to a bad Winnipeg team scores 28/29 goals because he is playing in more offensive situations.

Ask yourself, is Wheeler better than Lucic, Horton, Marchand, Seguin? I believe he isn't better than any of these players and Wheeler isn't scoring 60 points on the third line.
Chris Bourque?

Old
03-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
They see us rollin, they hatin.
power and chaos~

The B's need to take some tips from Zoot.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Magix

Even though he isn't on the sens anymore. Still love chara and his anger.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:39 AM
BergyDGD
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Wow what an animal, he had a solid bout against the Bruins 5th or 6th best fighter. Thornton, Lucic, McQuaid, and Chara are all easily tougher customers. I did see White turn down a chance to go with Thornton tonight though. What a beast he is

Old
03-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
LOL when he jumped Boychuk White is not a good goon. He sucks and looks like a possessed demonic angry ginger.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:43 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
They see us rollin, they hatin.
power and chaos~

The B's need to take some tips from Zoot.
I always hated how Zoot died

The B's need to take advice from Zoot, Guardian, Ram & Lex

Not Bray, Jay or Amber

Old
03-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

Quote:
"scabs" every sentence. Must be easy to have an intelligent conversation with someone talking that way

Old
03-04-2013, 03:02 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
I would say our fan bases are drastically different. Bruins fans in large do not riot after round 1 playoff victories as the #1 seed, nor has the Bruins fan base ever acted like this
I have to respectfully decline. If I were to reply here I'd **** a lot of people off.

That being said, if you're willing to talk about it via PM, I am 100% down, just message me.

Or, we can talk about it on the habs board but I'd imagine you'd **** people off there. lol

Old
03-04-2013, 03:20 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Wow what an animal, he had a solid bout against the Bruins 5th or 6th best fighter. Thornton, Lucic, McQuaid, and Chara are all easily tougher customers. I did see White turn down a chance to go with Thornton tonight though. What a beast he is
sure hope they do, they all have 20+ pounds and a few inches on him.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

Quote:
sure hope they do, they all have 20+ pounds and a few inches on him.
so, like Bouchard had on Jonathan? Or Odjick on Stock? The dude is supposedly a tough guy, if wants to play that role he'll have to face some guys who are bigger than him. But hey, if you need an excuse handy when he gets tuned up that is a good one.

Closed Thread