Bruins finally lose one

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Kaoz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
1. Emelin did get up after being pushed down by Chara and threw punches.
2. the kid has metal plates in the face, one good (not great, just good) punch could end his career.
3. It's nice to talk about stones and act tough, reality is you'd probably the first to turtle if you had to face someone of Chara size.
1. He got up and covered up.
2. If you have metal plates in your face you shouldn't cross check the oppositions best young player in the ribs, breaking your stick in the process. You know what that's called? It's called "asking for it", and also "extreme stupidity". I don't condone stupidity, so this doesn't really fly as an excuse.
3. Ah the old "you'd cover up too!!11!" Excuse. First, you don't know me, it's a lame comeback but that's a pretty safe bet, most people would get their ass handed to them if someone of Chara's stature came at them. Second, it has absolutely nothing to do with what I said about Emelin, no matter how bad you want it to.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
what? No mention of the Weekes incident in montreal? Oh no prob, I'll post a link for you
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/...eekes0509.html
Let's just stop generalizing altogether. Both franchises have two of the biggest fanbases in the league, it's normal that there will be idiots among them.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Scotto74
taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Let's just stop generalizing altogether. Both franchises have two of the biggest fanbases in the league, it's normal that there will be idiots among them.
So true.

Habs fans that want to come and talk hockey are more then welcome. Trolls are going to get infracted. I hope it is the same way on the Hab's board.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
03-04-2013, 08:32 AM
KrejciMVP

Seguin made that hit look worse than it was which set off a huge chain reaction of events which led to the bruins loss. Oh well, he played well but enough of this hitting the deck like you've been shot

Old
03-04-2013, 08:34 AM
duckchobbins

So is everyone still insulting each other, or does anybody care to comment on how dreadful 9 out of 12 Bruin forwards were last night? I actually feel bad for Bergeron, Marchand and Seguin. I imagine it was pretty tiring trying to play your game and carry 9 guys on your back for 60 minutes. I hope Julien rips into them today. Such a wasted effort.

While I'm at it, Rask and the defense weren't stellar either. What ever happened to keeping shots to the outside and clogging the middle? I think all 4 Montreal goals were plays right up the gut

Old
03-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Bad Hat Harry
Who let the dogs out

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Seguin made that hit look worse than it was which set off a huge chain reaction of events which led to the bruins loss. Oh well, he played well but enough of this hitting the deck like you've been shot
I mean the guy had a stick snapped in half on his ribcage so I don't really fault him for staying down a few extra seconds

Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
TD74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Im with tricolore, we really dont need to go there. lets move on.......

Old
03-04-2013, 08:37 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Upon the replay, it didn`t look bad, then I started thinking about 2 things

A- Seguin does not play that style and

B- I have never had a stick crosschecked into the unprotected part of my ribs during a game having that players stick break in the process

Old
03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
So is everyone still insulting each other, or does anybody care to comment on how dreadful 9 out of 12 Bruin forwards were last night? I actually feel bad for Bergeron, Marchand and Seguin. I imagine it was pretty tiring trying to play your game and carry 9 guys on your back for 60 minutes. I hope Julien rips into them today. Such a wasted effort.

While I'm at it, Rask and the defense weren't stellar either. What ever happened to keeping shots to the outside and clogging the middle? I think all 4 Montreal goals were plays right up the gut
I'm really concerned about the productivity of our bottom six. I think we all agree something needs to give. I got to also add I've been really focusing on Thorton and almost feel bad for him right now. He looks lost out there, he is working his butt off but he looks like he is a step behind and often seems out of position.

Old
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
I mean the guy had a stick snapped in half on his ribcage so I don't really fault him for staying down a few extra seconds
I don't know, it just seemed to me he really tried to draw a call bc he was back on the ice right away afterwards.

Old
fighterfoo
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
Those complaining about Emelin's cross check, would you REALLY say Emelin "fought" on that? Or was it more like Fleischmann's "fight" against White, in which he was jumped by a player without expecting it? Did Emelin even manage to get both gloves off before the call?

17 mins to Chara(2 for instigating, 5 for fighting, 10 automatic for the instigator)
2 to Emelin(cross check)

vs

17 mins to Chara
5 to Emelin(fighting)

Saved yourselves being down for 5 minutes since that wasn't a "fight" from Emelins end, though that WAS a crosscheck. What's the complaint, exactly?
Chara went after Emelin because of the non-call. He said in an interview that he saw that it wasn't going to be called, so he "had to take matters into [his] own hands". Had that been called LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE, it would have been:

2 mins to Emelin (cross-checking)

and that's it.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:39 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

The sloppyness in general is league/team wide. I can`t recall watching more than a half dozen games where one team looks even close to being crisp. That Krejci "pass"/giveaway right in front of Rask where he decided to play the puck to Johnny B I believe was awful.

I have been more than happy with DK`s game most of the year, last night was brutal

Old
03-04-2013, 08:40 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Upon the replay, it didn`t look bad, then I started thinking about 2 things

A- Seguin does not play that style and

B- I have never had a stick crosschecked into the unprotected part of my ribs during a game having that players stick break in the process
Not only did it break, but where it broke leads me to believe there was more force than meets the eyes.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Andrew83

I think Montreal was very fortunate in how it ended up happening. Even with Chara off the ice for a lot of the 3rd they only managed to get 4 shots all period. It's just that 2 of those went in. Most nights Rask stops at least one of those.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Over the volcano

Quote:

They came out like it was a statement game and were a little too eager to impose themselves. They need to find a balance and did for a while there. It's not a big deal, they just got off of their game against a rival. It happens, they learn and move on.

Julien is spot on with his comments though. Forget the Habs- the league needs to figure out if it wants to keep encouraging the flopping and faking. If I were a reff I'd take the faking injury as an insult to my profession. Not sure what the league is thinking- or if they are thinking.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:47 AM
WBC8

People with reconstructed faces shouldn't play on edge like that.. You may get called on it and you may get hurt.

Reminds me of the old days when the Bruins won the fights but lost the game. Still three games in hand, 2 pts down. Good win by the Habs. Gutty. Very impressed.

As for our guys, 9 forwards pretty much stunk most of the night, and our goalie was bad, far worse then the Habs backup.

We need to do something with that 3rd line. We need it to score. It's part of our makeup. We don't have the superstar/elite talent on the top 2 lines that scores like a Malkin or Stamkos. Chia needs to get on the horn.

Kudos to Chara. I will take a loss like that every night of the week when he shows what real captains do.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:49 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The sloppyness in general is league/team wide. I can`t recall watching more than a half dozen games where one team looks even close to being crisp. That Krejci "pass"/giveaway right in front of Rask where he decided to play the puck to Johnny B I believe was awful.

I have been more than happy with DK`s game most of the year, last night was brutal
Agreed. DK was atrocious last night. Invisible for 60 minutes aside from that bad pass to Boychuk. Not only did he make a pass right in front of Rask to a player that had his back turned, but the pass was a saucer!

The Krejci line is notorious for lazy defensive zone play, but usually they make soft plays trying to clear the zone. Rarely does anyone make a pass that terrible in such close proximity to their own goal. It was so bad that I legitimately expected Krejci, the "1st line" center to miss several shifts afterwards.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:49 AM
KrejciMVP

At least there were no major injuries for the bruins or suspensions. Can't wait until until next Monday when I go to Ottawa to see the b's. 25 dollar tickets!

Old
03-04-2013, 08:50 AM
WBC8

Quote:

Great post. Montreal killed us in front of our net, with midgets...they even screened nicely.

Rask needs to pick it up vs Montreal. I know he did well game 1, but his history vs Montreal is awful .... and that's not going to fly around here.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:50 AM
TD74

I am fine with the whole Gremlin/Chara incident. I knew losing the best shut down defenseman in the league would bite us in the ass, however, I accept the consequences. That is the main arguement I have with many mtl fans......they love to give it, however, do not accept the consequeneces.

Gremelin is the prime example. I have seen him through some great hits, however, I have also seen him throw a lot of boderline checks as well.......suspendeable worthy. When you hit with an edge, borderline that is......expect the consequences that come with it......and breaking your stick across the ribs of a franchise player is one of them. That is why I am at a loss for words when they try to turn the situation into a "it was the bruins fault" agruement.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:

Agreed. Not a very good game by most of our guys. I didn't find the refs, or even the Canadiens, to be the problem, we made A LOT of mental errors. I think they will be better next time out; they are bound to have a few stinkers here & there. But hopefully Chiarelli/Neely will see the need to upgrade their bottom six sooner rather than later!

Silver lining, we are still only 2 points from first with 3 in hand.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
TCL40

Quote:
He's on the refs' radar because he's always complaining to them when he gets called. Time for him to act like a man, head to the box, don't whine and come out hitting even harder.
That doesn't explain why the refs ignored the clear boarding-I can understand why the refs may not like him for the complaining, but I think half the complaining is because the refs let other teams cheap shot him and don't call the other team.

Just because Lucic complains the refs shouldn't give other teams free reign to cheap shot Lucic.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:52 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Agreed. DK was atrocious last night. Invisible for 60 minutes aside from that bad pass to Boychuk. Not only did he make a pass right in front of Rask to a player that had his back turned, but the pass was a saucer!

The Krejci line is notorious for lazy defensive zone play, but usually they make soft plays trying to clear the zone. Rarely does anyone make a pass that terrible in such close proximity to their own goal. It was so bad that I legitimately expected Krejci, the "1st line" center to miss several shifts afterwards.
Yeah I hate when that line produces one of their patented "Don't give a ****" nights...Lucic was noisy physically but they needed to pick it up in the O zone. They have played well, but our top 6 needs to bring it every night because our bottom 6 are God awful right now offensively...

Old
03-04-2013, 08:57 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
They came out like it was a statement game and were a little too eager to impose themselves. They need to find a balance and did for a while there. It's not a big deal, they just got off of their game against a rival. It happens, they learn and move on.

Julien is spot on with his comments though. Forget the Habs- the league needs to figure out if it wants to keep encouraging the flopping and faking. If I were a reff I'd take the faking injury as an insult to my profession. Not sure what the league is thinking- or if they are thinking.
I agree that the embellishment is approaching NBA/MLS levels of absurdity, but last night wasn't the time for Julien to preach about it. I hate when other players and coaches (I'm looking at you Torts) cry about the officiating after a loss, so I have to hold Julien and the Bruins to the same standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
People with reconstructed faces shouldn't play on edge like that.. You may get called on it and you may get hurt.

Reminds me of the old days when the Bruins won the fights but lost the game. Still three games in hand, 2 pts down. Good win by the Habs. Gutty. Very impressed.

As for our guys, 9 forwards pretty much stunk most of the night, and our goalie was bad, far worse then the Habs backup.

We need to do something with that 3rd line. We need it to score. It's part of our makeup. We don't have the superstar/elite talent on the top 2 lines that scores like a Malkin or Stamkos. Chia needs to get on the horn.

Kudos to Chara. I will take a loss like that every night of the week when he shows what real captains do.
Agree with everything. Montreal is a tougher team than in year's past. I kinda like it. They took a beating and kept coming hard at us. As for reminding you of the old days, I was thinking the same thing last night. It had that same feel to it from the last Therrien coached Habs team (not that I consider those "the old days" but it's the closest comparison and hey I'm only 28) except this time the Canadiens have a little more toughness in them.

Your point about the 3rd line not scoring is spot on, but I don't think they necessarily need to be scoring, they just need to be putting more pressure on opposing teams and controlling the puck. If that line spends 45 second shifts in their own end and turning it over at the blue line, it puts the next Bruin line in a hole before they even get out there.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
1. Emelin did get up after being pushed down by Chara and threw punches.
2. the kid has metal plates in the face, one good (not great, just good) punch could end his career.
3. It's nice to talk about stones and act tough, reality is you'd probably the first to turtle if you had to face someone of Chara size.
Any thoughts on when Gorges instigated a fight w/ Bergeron? He's probably one punch to the head away from the end of his career. Where was the concern then? Love the babe in the woods routine from you guys.

Bergeron doesn't go around bringing the cheap heat, does he? If Emilin doesn't want what's left of his face punched in, it might be a good idea not to throw cheapshots. Don't you think?

Go back to your board and stay there. We can't even discuss our coach w/o the thread getting closed. You guys are like the herpes.

Now we're listening to tough guys lessons from habs fans? Ok. Thanks.

Closed Thread