HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazeem* 'The Dream' Discussion: Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 03:41 PM
  #151
I Believe
Registered User
 
I Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
My realistic expectations for him at the start of the season was 0.5 ppg on the 3rd line, which would be 24 points in 48 games. I would've considered that a successful season for him.

Can't believe he's already at 23 points

I Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
  #152
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,658
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe View Post
My realistic expectations for him at the start of the season was 0.5 ppg on the 3rd line, which would be 24 points in 48 games. I would've considered that a successful season for him.

Can't believe he's already at 23 points
Yeah, I think he did a pretty good job blowing expectations out of the water .

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
  #153
southpaw24
Registered User
 
southpaw24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
There are so many 91's in this league...I just associate it with Tavares/Stamkos.

43...I don't even know who else but Kadri wears it.

It's like Yakupov 64. He wears it because 6+4=10, Bure's #.
Okay I'll play

4-3 =1 and 4+3=7 =17 WENDEL!!!

southpaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
  #154
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Give up the "Kadri faces bad D pairings" argument. They are still established NHL players..

After the run Kadri has had, if I was the coach I'd put my best D's on Kadri's line because Kessel's line has been really bad.

All third liners would be top 20 in scoring if they are facing weak competition.
Lets be serious.

Kessel is still the #1 threat on this team. If he starts playing vs second pairing D-men, he will torch them.

Leaf_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:02 PM
  #155
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
This guy's a big time bust. His linemates are the ones making him look good. Before it was Frattin that made him look good now it's MacArthur.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
  #156
ECanuck
Registered User
 
ECanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy View Post
Lets be serious.

Kessel is still the #1 threat on this team. If he starts playing vs second pairing D-men, he will torch them.
This is a good reason to keep Kessel and Kadri on different lines.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
  #157
agreen23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Bruins fan here. Really happy for Naz going above and beyond expectations. So slick with the puck.

Reminds me a lot of Krejci's first full year on the Bruins. He played 3rd line behind Savard and Bergy and had 72 points with not much ice time. Both have good hands, good vision and really understand the concept of time and space. Kadri is 22 now and Krejci was 22 then.

Youre looking at a 60+ point 1A/1B center with the potential to be even better. Best of luck to him.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
  #158
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,508
vCash: 500
Man Kadri knows how to throw some big ****ing hits.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
  #159
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
Man Kadri knows how to throw some big ****ing hits.
For his size, he sure does!

Leaf_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #160
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
Man Kadri knows how to throw some big ****ing hits.
I loved the two against Larsson last night. On the same shift too!


Last edited by TMLeafer: 03-05-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Woops, my mistake.
SpeakerForTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  #161
TMLeafer
Moderator
Komarov the Gaul
 
TMLeafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockey Mecca, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
I loved the two against Larsson last night. On the same shift too!
Actually, I think there was another one before the two Larsson hits that Joe or Greg picked up. I think it was on the same shift, but he dropped that guy too.

Edit: 18:10 left in the 2nd period on Marek Zidlicky.


Last edited by TMLeafer: 03-05-2013 at 10:26 PM.
TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
  #162
Falon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Kid looks like killer. How far is London from Kingston anyway?

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
  #163
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Wait... you're saying the Kessel trade is bad and we need a top line center?

How original.
My frustration has nothing to do with originality. Its been a while since Kessel is playing with Bozak. And with defense first attitude the negatives are showing Kessel.

I am literally sick of hearing commentators saying "and Kessel failed to get it out" I mean come on. Wish Kessel "failed to get it out" on his date but got it out when it comes to hockey.

leafstilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:26 PM
  #164
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
Did you discover a tree where flowers bloom into #1 centers?
No but we have Grabo who can keep up with the speed Kessel possesses and can be an element of surprise when it comes to shooting the puck instead of Bozak always looking for his bud Kessel.

leafstilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
  #165
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafstilldeath View Post
No but we have Grabo who can keep up with the speed Kessel possesses and can be an element of surprise when it comes to shooting the puck instead of Bozak always looking for his bud Kessel.
I agree. I would love to see Grabo beside Kessel to see if it works. Grabo is also a lefty which would mesh with a righty like Kessel better.

SpeakerForTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:42 PM
  #166
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,422
vCash: 500
I was expecting 25-30 points max out of him in this shortened season.

Wowzers.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:00 PM
  #167
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
I agree. I would love to see Grabo beside Kessel to see if it works. Grabo is also a lefty which would mesh with a righty like Kessel better.
In Boston it was Savard (lefty) -Kessel (Righty) show...

In Toronto let the Grabo (lefty) -Kessel (Righty) show begin. Grabo not cut out to be a checker. He is an offensive minded player fits well with The Thrill.

Kessel will not take a check to make a play or be physical. So let the speed and skill triumph the defensive downfall. Plus I like the idea of 3 different shooters/playmakers. Opposition will always be in a guessing mode wondering where the shot/pass/shot/pass....is coming from. Bozak is very predictable and it is dragging the top line down

RC get it done!!!

leafstilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:53 PM
  #168
ToneBone03
Heavy Metal Maniac
 
ToneBone03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Posted this in the Trade Rumour thread. Figured it would be more appreciated in this thread!!

I've heard people say Nazem doesn't play against the other teams best defenders night-in and night-out, so I decided to do a little research. Here is a game-by-game breakdown of both goals and assists, and which defenders were on the ice for each opponent:

Goals:
  1. @ MTL - Gorges (20:31), Bouillon (18:29)
  2. vs. BUF - Myers (20:20), Regehr (18:40)
  3. vs. NYI - Hamonic (23:17), MacDonald (24:18)
  4. @ CAR - McBain (19:47), Corvo (18:25)
  5. @ FLA - Kulikov (21:44), Strachan (16:57)
  6. @ NYI - Hamonic (23:17), MacDonald (24:18)
  7. @ NYI - Streit (25:20), Finley (11:33)
  8. @ NYI - Streit (25:20), Visnovsky (23:05)
  9. vs. NJD - Zidlicky (19:34), Tallinder (16:08)

Assists:
  1. @ PIT - Despres (13:51), Engelland (13:13)
  2. vs. NYI - Hamonic (23:18), MacDonald (24:19)
  3. @ BUF - Myers (20:23), Leopold (21:15)
  4. vs. WSH - Schultz (12:58), Kundratek (15:41)
  5. vs. CAR - Harrison (20:01), Sanguinetti (14:52)
  6. @ WPG - Stuart (17:47), Redmond (19:34)
  7. vs. PHI - Coburn (23:02), Gervais (16:39)
  8. vs. PHI - Grossmann (18:01), Foster (13:23)
  9. @ FLA - Campbell (25:43), Kulikov (21:44)
  10. @ OTT - Phillips (20:09), Methot (22:56)
  11. @ PHI - Schenn (20:00), Gervais (16:39)
  12. @ PHI - Coburn (23:02), Grossmann (18:01)
  13. vs. MTL - Markov (24:24), Emelin (20:03)
  14. vs. NJD - Salvador (21:53), Fayne (18:57)

With this information in front of me, I would classify a top-pairing defender as having an average ice time of 22+ minutes, a second-pairing defender anywhere between 18-22 minutes, and a bottom-pairing defender as less than 18 minutes.

1st Pairing - 14
2nd " - 21
3rd " - 11

ATOI for defenders while Kadri scores: 20:37
ATOI for defenders while Kadri assists: 19:21
ATOI for defenders while Kadri gets a point: 19:59

While he doesn't regularly see the other team's top defenders, he certainly hasn't scored the majority of his points against the opposition's weakest defenders. Only ~24% of the defenders that have been on the ice when Kadri has gotten a point are bottom-pairing.

On average, Kadri scores a point against defensemen who average ~20:00 of icetime per game (most likely, the opposition's 2nd pairing).

ToneBone03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
  #169
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,500
vCash: 500
^^^

hardcore

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 AM
  #170
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,870
vCash: 500
Amazing work ToneBone. Did you just go through boxscores from NHL.com for that?

SpeakerForTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:13 AM
  #171
ToneBone03
Heavy Metal Maniac
 
ToneBone03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Amazing work ToneBone. Did you just go through boxscores from NHL.com for that?
I went to Kadri's game log on NHL.com, then went through the video of all of his scoring plays and looked for which defenders were on the ice at the time.

Sick of hearing the argument that Kadri plays against lesser players. Now the facts are in front of everyone.

ToneBone03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
  #172
Ash35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
I went to Kadri's game log on NHL.com, then went through the video of all of his scoring plays and looked for which defenders were on the ice at the time.

Sick of hearing the argument that Kadri plays against lesser players. Now the facts are in front of everyone.

That should shut everybody up about him playing soft minutes. Nice work.

Ash35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:46 AM
  #173
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,841
vCash: 816
Awesome work Tonebone. Really interesting names on there.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:00 AM
  #174
Defense
Registered User
 
Defense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Kind of sucks this season is shortened. But I'm glad Kadri was in the AHL... in the first half, seemed to help his hot start

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:03 AM
  #175
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
Posted this in the Trade Rumour thread. Figured it would be more appreciated in this thread!!

I've heard people say Nazem doesn't play against the other teams best defenders night-in and night-out, so I decided to do a little research. Here is a game-by-game breakdown of both goals and assists, and which defenders were on the ice for each opponent:

Goals:
  1. @ MTL - Gorges (20:31), Bouillon (18:29)
  2. vs. BUF - Myers (20:20), Regehr (18:40)
  3. vs. NYI - Hamonic (23:17), MacDonald (24:18)
  4. @ CAR - McBain (19:47), Corvo (18:25)
  5. @ FLA - Kulikov (21:44), Strachan (16:57)
  6. @ NYI - Hamonic (23:17), MacDonald (24:18)
  7. @ NYI - Streit (25:20), Finley (11:33)
  8. @ NYI - Streit (25:20), Visnovsky (23:05)
  9. vs. NJD - Zidlicky (19:34), Tallinder (16:08)

Assists:
  1. @ PIT - Despres (13:51), Engelland (13:13)
  2. vs. NYI - Hamonic (23:18), MacDonald (24:19)
  3. @ BUF - Myers (20:23), Leopold (21:15)
  4. vs. WSH - Schultz (12:58), Kundratek (15:41)
  5. vs. CAR - Harrison (20:01), Sanguinetti (14:52)
  6. @ WPG - Stuart (17:47), Redmond (19:34)
  7. vs. PHI - Coburn (23:02), Gervais (16:39)
  8. vs. PHI - Grossmann (18:01), Foster (13:23)
  9. @ FLA - Campbell (25:43), Kulikov (21:44)
  10. @ OTT - Phillips (20:09), Methot (22:56)
  11. @ PHI - Schenn (20:00), Gervais (16:39)
  12. @ PHI - Coburn (23:02), Grossmann (18:01)
  13. vs. MTL - Markov (24:24), Emelin (20:03)
  14. vs. NJD - Salvador (21:53), Fayne (18:57)

With this information in front of me, I would classify a top-pairing defender as having an average ice time of 22+ minutes, a second-pairing defender anywhere between 18-22 minutes, and a bottom-pairing defender as less than 18 minutes.

1st Pairing - 14
2nd " - 21
3rd " - 11

ATOI for defenders while Kadri scores: 20:37
ATOI for defenders while Kadri assists: 19:21
ATOI for defenders while Kadri gets a point: 19:59

While he doesn't regularly see the other team's top defenders, he certainly hasn't scored the majority of his points against the opposition's weakest defenders. Only ~24% of the defenders that have been on the ice when Kadri has gotten a point are bottom-pairing.

On average, Kadri scores a point against defensemen who average ~20:00 of icetime per game (most likely, the opposition's 2nd pairing).
so kessel must of been getting the 4th line defenders sorry kessel, but kadri is the real deal

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.