Old
03-04-2013, 05:05 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Who would do the habs one?
CamFan would be pretty good as evidence by this last one. It's tough though. MiG is a tough act to follow, like slocal over on the Sharks board.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:11 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
I'm not sure how the stick broke, but could someone explain to me how you cross check someone you're side to side with?

Did Emelin do something dirty with his stick? Maybe. I just don't get how a cross check happens in that situation.

Check out the YT video. Emilin got him good in the ribs.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOBYVgmWzk

Old
03-04-2013, 05:15 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Check out the YT video. Emilin got him good in the ribs.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOBYVgmWzk
Just re-watched it. I see the cross check now. Carry on.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

Quote:
I'm not sure how the stick broke, but could someone explain to me how you cross check someone you're side to side with?

Did Emelin do something dirty with his stick? Maybe. I just don't get how a cross check happens in that situation.

feel free to watch the whole thing. scroll to 1:29 to see the slow motion of him being cross checked, and the top of the stick of Emelin breaking because of it.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Dada

Guyz you can't be serious, there were missed calls on both sides,comeon...cough cough* Seidenberg's stick smashed into Pacioretty's face cough cough*

Old
03-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Fire Sweeney

Hes right about the habss diving, but even if.they call it, his PP is still crap.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Guyz you can't be serious, there were missed calls on both sides,comeon...cough cough* Seidenberg's stick smashed into Pacioretty's face cough cough*
this guys got it. It happens in games. Blaming the zebras is something other teams should do. These things happen. The game wasn't tilted so far to affect the game. I don't blame Chara for doing what he did as long as we are willing to accept the fact that his response may have cost us the game. Not definitively however I believe it had an impact.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:28 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post

feel free to watch the whole thing. scroll to 1:29 to see the slow motion of him being cross checked, and the top of the stick of Emelin breaking because of it.
As I said in the post above you, I see it now. Had penalties been assessed properly, that's still 2 for cross checking to Emelin, 2 for the instigator to Chara, 5 for fighting for Chara+Emelin(Though I'm still not certain Emelin should have been given the 5 for fighting considering the situation since he really didn't fight) + an automatic 10 to Chara for instigating. So in the end, the Bs ended up in 3 minutes of lost PK time(possibly). Still, the habs didn't score on the unwarranted PP but scored twice during the warranted 17 mins without Chara. Not much evidence that missed call changes the game.

Plus, there were SEVERAL times the Bs dived(though the only call came on Ference's dive). Especially after the habs took the lead in the 3rd.

Last edited by MoobMoob: 03-04-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 05:41 AM
bruins04

Quote:
As I said in the post above you, I see it now. Had penalties been assessed properly, that's still 2 for cross checking to Emelin, 2 for the instigator to Chara, 5 for fighting for Chara+Emelin(Though I'm still not certain Emelin should have been given the 5 for fighting considering the situation since he really didn't fight) + an automatic 10 to Chara for instigating. So in the end, the Bs ended up in 3 minutes of lost PK time.
that's a very short sighted interpretation. although if you're going that route, it would be 2 minutes of lost pk time. it's not this play or even the entire collection of power plays that cost the bruins the game. they played a loose game, had turnovers and didn't get the breaks last night.

Julien however drew attention to the embellishment, which is something that happens in my opinion... i dont blame the refs for the result whatsoever. similar to how your original opinion was emelin barely even got seguin, bruins fans feel that the habs go down easy, snap their heads back, etc.

the bruins pk is great, their pp is dismal so im not sure how much of an impact it really has and whether calls would have made a difference. i don't like how embellisment generally results in no call or if there is a call it is always a coincidental.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Time to man up Claude

Old
03-04-2013, 05:46 AM
TCL40

Quote:
mtl #1 for pp time, bruins #29. the weaver hit on lucic... looked similar to me as the kaleta hit on richards (except for injury). but the b's come out of it down... i'm not saying the fix is in or anything ridiculous like that. but the bruins don't get the benefit of the doubt because they're the rough, goon team.

however, whenever teams that dive do their thing, they get rewarded. in worst case, it is a coincidental call. which makes me wonder what's the point. a 5 on 4 turning into a 4 on 3 is better, nothing to deter it.
This is pretty much the point I think.

I am not going to buy into this whole-all things are equal because the Bruins do it too, because the ratio of embellishment by Bruins to Habs is miniscule. Shoot the Bruins can barely draw the real penalties (eg when Lucic got boarded the other night and no call) much less the diving ones. It pretty much takes an act of congress for Lucic to draw a penalty and I swear the other day had Lucic not been bleeding I think they would have called him for goaltender interference rather than the call for the high stick.

Diving works for the Habs-it is part of their culture. Especially on home ice (I swear if I had the time I would go through and figure out how many PP the Habs have gotten in the last 5 minutes of a game-especially on home ice).

One thing's for certain in last night's game-the cheapest shot of the night was a broken stick and a young, not even close to dirty player's ribs and nothing was called-the refs opted to yawn once again because the guy on the ice wears black and gold.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
I'm a Habs fan but Claude blowing off some steam after a tough loss and likely trying to change the way the next game vs Montreal is called is fine by me. Every team has it's divers though, whether you feel one team has more than another or not.
Your right, not one team doesn`t have one player who, from time to time embellishes, it`s a fact backed with tons of evidence the Habs and Nucks have a stranglehold on the title and have for years. And if you think a Bruin coach blowing off steam in order to open the eyes of refs for future games will help clearly you aren`t too familiar with the history of these two franchises

Your boys are small, and when they get hit, they make it look like they were shot out of a cannon and worse, they and their fans seem more than comfortable with this style. One thing I`ll say about the Hab teams from the 70`s and 80`s, as much as my hatred was as deep back then as it is now, at least they played with more crutons, this group is a joke, and last night was merely a small sample size of it

Old
03-04-2013, 05:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Lost a ton of respect for Julien, but it happens. See you next time Bruins! These are the best games in the NHL!
Continued comedy, I`ll wager the fans of 29 fan bases agree with him

Old
03-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
awsome, so a player skating directly at another player face to face is a cheapshot, you guys are classic
Well if you look at it again, Emelin get's thrown on the ground without even seeing Chara (not that it would change anything) but there was no face to face there my friend.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:55 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
that's a very short sighted interpretation. although if you're going that route, it would be 2 minutes of lost pk time. it's not this play or even the entire collection of power plays that cost the bruins the game. they played a loose game, had turnovers and didn't get the breaks last night.

Julien however drew attention to the embellishment, which is something that happens in my opinion... i dont blame the refs for the result whatsoever. similar to how your original opinion was emelin barely even got seguin, bruins fans feel that the habs go down easy, snap their heads back, etc.

the bruins pk is great, their pp is dismal so im not sure how much of an impact it really has and whether calls would have made a difference. i don't like how embellisment generally results in no call or if there is a call it is always a coincidental.
Nope, it's a minute of lost PK. Had that series been assessed properly, it's 2 to Emelin for cross checking, 2 to Chara for instigator, 5 to Chara for fighting, 10 for the instigator. Emelin didn't fight back until it was clear the linesmen weren't interfering and he had to defend himself or risk serious injury. End result? 2 mins to the habs, 17 minutes to the Bs, with the 2 and 5 matching up into 3 mins PP time to the habs.

As for the embellishment, it went both ways. The only embellishment that lead to a call was Ference diving on the love tap from Eller. Embellishment had a minimal impact on this game.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:56 AM
TCL40

Quote:
this guys got it. It happens in games. Blaming the zebras is something other teams should do. These things happen. The game wasn't tilted so far to affect the game. I don't blame Chara for doing what he did as long as we are willing to accept the fact that his response may have cost us the game. Not definitively however I believe it had an impact.
I do not mind as much when the refs miss stick penalties-like a hook or some slashing. They screw up interference all the time.

But in the last 3 games, they have ignored penalties that can cause injury.

Lucic got boarded and the ref yawned (it was right in front of the ref he decided Lucic wasn't getting the call because he was Lucic), Seguin got chopped in the ribs, and I swear Lucic was going to get called for goalie interference if not for the obvious evidence of a stick to the face.

Old
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Well if you look at it again, Emelin get's thrown on the ground without even seeing Chara (not that it would change anything) but there was no face to face there my friend.
Look again, and hit the Hab board, do us all a favor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9e-J_rvjA

Yeah, he didn`t see our 6`9 D-man coming

Old
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
well, I'm a fan of soccer...played both soccer and hockey in high school, so maybe I can bring a unique perspective to the argument.

The reason you have to officiate more tightly in soccer is that there's nowhere near as much protective equipment in the sport, so you have to protect the players a bit more from each other. A cup can only do so much...so to speak. Of course, the speed is much slower, but knee on knee hurts just as bad in both sports. However, soccer gets over officiated too. Some of those world class soccer players are world class floppers as well.

I look at the NFL (the No Fun League) with all the protection now afforded to quarterbacks, wide receivers.....and people say that's getting over officiated too....so honestly, I don't think it's just hockey. Do I like it? No. Is that's what's happening? Might be. In the name of player safety I guess. Hockey is/was special in that Hockey players used to be able to police themselves which I think ultimately helped to keep the game rather clean. Now we have the instigator, and you lose a guy like Chara for 17.

Do we as fans need to adapt to how the game is played now? Do we have a say in the matter?

That's the bigger question, and that's the one that directly leads to the questions about officiating.

I'd like to think I know the answer, but what do I know, eh?
As am I. I've followed soccer quite a bit over the past 8 years and sometimes it's just borderline embarassing. The NBA's headed that way too and the NFL's not past that. It's just absurd in some Italian league matches though. Not even worth watching sometimes.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:58 AM
bruins04

Quote:
Nope, it's a minute of lost PK. Had that series been assessed properly, it's 2 to Emelin for cross checking, 2 to Chara for instigator, 5 to Chara for fighting, 10 for the instigator. Emelin didn't fight back until it was clear the linesmen weren't interfering and he had to defend himself or risk serious injury. End result? 2 mins to the habs, 17 minutes to the Bs, with the 2 and 5 matching up into 3 mins PP time to the habs.

As for the embellishment, it went both ways. The only embellishment that lead to a call was Ference diving on the love tap from Eller. Embellishment had a minimal impact on this game.
ah i see, just the 1 fighting major. that happens a lot and should have been the original call

Old
03-04-2013, 06:00 AM
sommervr

This is actually a good coaching move. Brings the players closer together AND other teams get to see Chara hulking out after the cheapshot while the talking heads go over and over it. Make them think twice the next time

Old
03-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Yah think we're done.

Possible reopen after a few xanax

Old
03-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

continue now you behaved B's fans, hopefully we've shed the trolls

Old
03-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

LMAO at jay baruchel tweeting that video that was putting out today. A crappy actor who looks like a wimp liking a wimpy team.

I still like what Claude did. Let the league take notice and become accountable for their bad officiating.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Hnidy Hnight

The diving is disgraceful. Its honestly about time, something robbie ftorek and mike sullivan should have done long ago. Between Ribero doing the worm on his back, and Kovalev pretending he got slashed in overtime

Old
03-04-2013, 11:44 PM
GloveSave1
*** 15 ***

Thanks Coach. It had to be said...

I don't bother getting worked up about Habs diving anymore, it's a tradition and way of life , but the turning and then launching into the boards that Subban has perfected is shameless. Trying to draw a call by pulling a move in that dangerous area is lower/worse than diving IMO.

It should be 2 and 10 diving/misconduct.

Crack down NHL.

It's bush. The Montreal Canadiens are better than that...I guess.

Closed Thread