Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No Pitbull references.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin9 View Post
why(((((
The Wild fans have called dibs on all Pitbull-related things, and the whole "don't stop the party"-thing in particular. Don't know if they're still pulling it off after we stopped the party momentarily there, but before they did that pretty well...

Old
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
duxfan8

Maroon was sent back because he was an emergency recall. As soon as Steckel arrived, he had to go back. Hopefully he at least got to stop in at home in St. Louis!

Old
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Bodacious Wits
Castleton Snob

vCash: 50
WPG Thrashers playing the Little-Ladd line. I hope they're eating berries and cream during the intermission.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
McMillan staying up.... Love it!!!

I wonder if maroon, Etem, holland can get even half the goals McMillan did his rookie year combined

Yes I'm aware of the short season..
Move Etem to 2nd line or 3rd for more than a few games and he would.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

If you guys have Dan wood on your twitter feed you already know this but apparently Maroon isn't at his limit yet because one of the games was an emergency call up. One more game and he will be waiver eligible.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

Why is it so? (the waiver situation with Maroon) Is that something from the new CBA?

AAAnd another question - does juniors (who are signed) and prospects in Norfolk can join the Ducks without waivers IF their season is ended?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
AAAnd another question - does juniors (who are signed) and prospects in Norfolk can join the Ducks without waivers IF their season is ended?
Since the waiver eligibility depends on age and NHL-games played, yes, prospects at that stage aren't waiver eligible.

The entire waiver-thing is basically a construction that's supposed to help players that have reached a certain stage in their careers an opportunity to not be entirely stuck in one organisation while getting moved around NHL and AHL constantly.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

So, basically from now on (or after that one game), it will be either Anaheim or Norfolk full time for Maroon (I assume he`d be picked up if in waivers)?

Old
03-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
So, basically from now on (or after that one game), it will be either Anaheim or Norfolk full time for Maroon (I assume he`d be picked up if in waivers)?
Well, it means that we can call him up one more time without waivers, and from then, we'll have to see. That would likely be the most important stint for him up here then. If he's not doing enough to stick around then, he'll just be assigned back to Norfolk, even if it means having to pass waivers. After all, he cleared them already once this year without being picked up (which might have been due to being timed rather well by the Ducks). He probably did help his chances of getting picked up since then. But whether he does get picked up depends on a lot of things, especially his play leading up to that, but also smaller things like some team struggling with injuries, or the likes.

In any way, I think the Ducks played this pretty smart. Even though he was good, with Steckel coming in and pushing someone down, and with Boudreau wanting to get a good look at many available combinations, we kept all cards on the table for the time being.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

OK, now that Getz and Perry are a done deal and this team is building huge amounts of chemistry, do we look to add somebody like Iggy at the TDL, or even lesser pieces? Can we now afford to trade a prospect or two, maybe even our late 1st for another Cup run? I absolutely believe this team can win another Cup this year.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Bodacious Wits
Castleton Snob

I wouldn't mind a depth scorer, and a big d-man. Iginla would be a great pickup. So would Doug Murray.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:23 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

We should be buyers for sure now that Perry is locked up. I'm not a big fan of trading our great prospect talent. I'd rather trade picks.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:24 AM
defer

I'd definitely prefer not to trade players like Holland, Etem etc. It would really have to be a highly skilled, young proven talent.

Depth scorer and/or dman who can move the puck.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:26 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

I think we should look at Briere. The Flyers suck, and might give him away for cheap. Try to get him for a 2nd round pick or something - maybe even less IDK. I like Holland, but I'm not sure if he's ready to be our 2C. Briere with Selanne and Ryan would look good

Old
03-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

If Fowler starts scoring does he count as a depth scorer?

Old
03-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I'd like Murray to at least window shop. If he can't find the right type of deal, oh well. I don't think this is a time we should be sacrificing the future, especially since that future is one of the reasons we're in the position we are.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I think we should look at Briere. The Flyers suck, and might give him away for cheap. Try to get him for a 2nd round pick or something - maybe even less IDK. I like Holland, but I'm not sure if he's ready to be our 2C. Briere with Selanne and Ryan would look good
Briere could be interesting. He has a cap hit of 6.5 each of the next 2 years, but only a 3.0 and 2.0 salary. I haven't seen him play this year but financially he could be our kind of guy. Unless 2 more years is too much. He is 35 currently.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
I'd like Murray to at least window shop. If he can't find the right type of deal, oh well. I don't think this is a time we should be sacrificing the future, especially since that future is one of the reasons we're in the position we are.
I would put Lindholm and Gbison off limits but other than them the rest (juniors, ncaa, and AHL) are a long ways off from bringing us another Cup. I'd trade any of them (including DSP and Sami...hell I'd trade Sami just to chase eenok away) for the right deal.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:39 AM
airforceones25

Eh don't want Briere. He's really regressed plus its unlikely he waves his NMC due to family issues.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I would put Lindholm and Gbison off limits but other than them the rest (juniors, ncaa, and AHL) are a long ways off from bringing us another Cup. I'd trade any of them (including DSP and Sami...hell I'd trade Sami just to chase eenok away) for the right deal.
If we're trading Karlsson or Rakell, we had better get a great player.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
We are also not trading Kerdiles.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:09 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Him too. Those are the players who are, in my opinion, why Anaheim has such a bright future. If we're moving any of them, I think it needs to be for a player who would be in Anaheim long-term and who is an immediate upgrade too. I don't expect that to happen, and I have to think Murray is delighted at the prospect of talented prospects who will be on ELC's when they are ready.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:11 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

I think we're set up very well on the wings for the playoffs, my two areas of concern continue to be at center and on defense.

I would not be surprised to see Bonino as trade bait, in a package to upgrade the 2nd line. Unless we try Saku more there, but the 3rd line is so good it would be counter productive to break it up for any sustained period. Honestly Iginla with Getzlaf and Perry is very tantalizing but how much better are we really, if we can't get someone to feed Selanne and Ryan the puck? Briere could work but he's struggling, then again the Flyers are a VERY flawed team. I know he's signed cheap for 2 more years, but do we really want to get older @ center?

I would be calling EDM about former Duck prospect Ladislav Smid, he would be perfect for what our d core could use. he's physical but mobile, and can move the puck up ice. Only 27 so he would even be viable to keep long term

I only consider Etem, Lindholm and Gibson as our only "untouchables", I feel in the right trade Rakell or Holland could be bait, but ONLY for a long term center solution, NOT a rental. Overall you have to be thrilled w/the current state of the farm system, we're finally starting to get contributions out of it, and there appears to be alot of talent coming over the next 5 years

Old
03-19-2013, 01:18 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

No way we should trade Rakell. Guy is 19 and showed he can hang at the NHL level. He's untouchable IMO. DSP, Karlsson, and MAYBE Holland are trade bait.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I'm not saying you guys are wrong, and I'm not saying we should trade those guys. But I am saying they are years away from leading us to a cup, if they have the ability to at all. Would I trade them for a depth player? Probably not. Would I include them in a deal for Iggy? Probably yes. But then it remains to be seen just what kind of deals are available. I can live with going to the playoffs with what we have now. But I sure would love to add Iggy.

Closed Thread