Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Bodacious Wits
Ice Cream Bunny

vCash: 50
BJ fans seem to really dislike Brassard. I wonder what the deal is. I can never bring myself to watch them.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:40 AM
pesko

vCash: 500
They're probably mostly disappointed in him because he was a top 10 pick, and is thus considered another bust in the long line of BJ first round busts. He's bit of a mystery to me, because he clearly has vision and smarts and the tools to be a good playmaking center, but he's just not producing. Maybe he'd work better in another team, but his contract is a bit much for what he is now, a borderline 2C.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
BJ fans seem to really dislike Brassard. I wonder what the deal is. I can never bring myself to watch them.
Same here. The few times we've played them I didn't really notice Brassard doing much that would make me want to commit to landing him. I'll trust that others see more of him.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Fallenity

I wonder now that the realignment has been confirmed, will we see more active trade markets? Previously it's been acknowledged that teams don't want to trade players within their own conference, but now that you'll only see your own division opponents more, the potential list of trade partners would logically become longer?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
ScarTroy

vCash: 700
Yay!!!! Getz

Old
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
rageathem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarTroy View Post
Yay!!!! Getz
8 year deal, no financial details out yet. But I'm happy especially if he continues to play the way he has this season

Old
03-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Kalvinators
GDT record: 5-4-0

Getzaaaaaay!

8 years. Would like to know how much

Old
03-09-2013, 08:32 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Have to say I kinda like RPG back together again. But at the same time the 2nd line looks like a complete mess. We really need a legit 2C there to play with Teemu and Palmieri. And Beleskey should go back to 4th line with Bonino and Etem/Maroon/Staubitz.

Beleskey-Bonino-Teemu has to be the worst 2nd line in the league, or? Especially the way Teemu has looked recently (I'm sorry to say )

Old
03-09-2013, 08:58 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Teemu looks worse because nobody can get him the puck, if he had a center that could skate with him and pass he would be scoring goals just fine IMO. Murray has to get a playmaking 2nd line center, we don't need the 3rd line split anymore, and Bonino is alot more productive in the bottom 6

Old
03-09-2013, 12:17 PM
defer

Palmieri's return will help things a bit. Yeah, right now it's just tough to find somebody who can centre Teemu besides Koivu, who is actually having his best year in Anaheim not playing with Teemu.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 1832
1st + DSP or Wagner for Ribeiro, 2nd + someone meh for Reghr.

Might not get it done, but it's what I'd like to see.

PGP
RRS
WKC
BB etem/Maroon/staubitz.

Fowler-Reghr
Beauch-Souray
Sbisa-Allen/LJ

We have the prospect depth. Holland,Rakell,Karlsson all make Wagner easily replaceable. DSP is tough to lose because his skill set is unique, but I think with our wing depth we can do it.

This gives us 4 legit lines and 3 legit pairings IMO, with enough skill and snarl to compete with anyone. I wish there was a center available who was skilled and had snarl, but that's just not available.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
bumperkisser

Giving up too much for old rentals imo

Old
03-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Selanne138

I havent heard very many positive things about Regehr since he moved to Buffalo. Im content with the state of our backend right now, we have seven competent NHL guys, plus solid depth in the minors.

2nd line help, however, is something we should look into. Right now we have 5 out of 6 pieces in the Top 6, but we need a center. I love Bonino, but he's best as a 4th line center right now, he seems to thrive there. Really we have 11/12 pieces that we need, we just need that #2 center. Id move the assets to acquire one at the deadline, but that's really all I would be willing to fork up for.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Moving assets to acquire a long term 2C makes sense. Moving assets to get a 2C rental is questionable, especially if Perry isn't signed yet.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:19 PM
defer

I wonder how much Briere would cost. I'd love to have him come playoff time.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Moving assets to acquire a long term 2C makes sense. Moving assets to get a 2C rental is questionable, especially if Perry isn't signed yet.
I guess it depends on what Murray decided to do with Perry. Obviously if he plans to move Perry, it changes things. If he wants to keep Perry for an attempt at a cup run/ roll the dice that he resigns here than he has to make a decision with how he wants to handle the trade deadline. Obviously a longterm 2C would be ideal, and it makes Holland an expendable and still valuable asset. Rental center would depend on price. I guess Im glad thats why they pay someone other than me to make those decisions.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:39 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Briere-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon/Etem

That is a pretty enticing forward group, and it allows Beleskey and Bonino to play in 4th line roles (which is what they thrive at)

Old
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
PhoenyX

What do you guys think about Krejci? I think he would be a great 2nd line centre for us: he's averaged 62 points and just under 20 goals over the past 4 seasons, is signed to a reasonable contract (cap hit and salary are both $5.25 for 2 more seasons after this one), is only 26, and has stayed pretty healthy throughout his career so far. Boston would still have Bergeron and Seguin as their top two centres (I believe they have Seguin on the wing right now).

Perry for Krejci+1st at the deadline?

Old
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Probably a young defender or a prospect + a pick. At first I thought about Karlsson+ something for him but Flyers have Couturier and Schenn so they are pretty good with centers.

They really need defencemen now that Pronger is done and Timonen is few years away from retiring. The Ducks don't really have what they would be asking for. Sbisa isn't getting traded for Briere and they don't have any prospects that could interest the Flyers. I mean c'mon, Vatanen and Lindhom aren't going anywhere and there are players like Clark, Welinski, Lind... They are not going to get you Briere.

I would love to have Briere but the Ducks and the Flyers don't make good trading partners.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:45 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyX View Post
What do you guys think about Krejci? I think he would be a great 2nd line centre for us: he's averaged 62 points and just under 20 goals over the past 4 seasons, is signed to a reasonable contract (cap hit and salary are both $5.25 for 2 more seasons after this one), is only 26, and has stayed pretty healthy throughout his career so far. Boston would still have Bergeron and Seguin as their top two centres (I believe they have Seguin on the wing right now).

I'd love to have Krejci. Him and Ryan on a second line moving forward would be awesome. Not sure what it would take to get him.

Another guy we should be looking at is Paul Stastny. Since his salary is kind of high we might be able to get him for pretty cheap.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
I wonder now that the realignment has been confirmed, will we see more active trade markets? Previously it's been acknowledged that teams don't want to trade players within their own conference, but now that you'll only see your own division opponents more, the potential list of trade partners would logically become longer?

That's a good thing to bring up, I doubt we see anything at the deadline, but this offseason trades like that could happen.

Maybe we can started trading with Dallas, they have some pieces I like the Ducks to be in contention for.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:44 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
That's a good thing to bring up, I doubt we see anything at the deadline, but this offseason trades like that could happen.

Maybe we can started trading with Dallas, they have some pieces I like the Ducks to be in contention for.
ya Dallas does have some pieces that are intriguing for sure

Old
03-09-2013, 08:36 PM
caliamad

Really hate our 2nd line too and would much much rather see Selanne with holland and etem. Put Bonino and belesky with staubitz.

Going forward I think bob murray should really be willing to invest in a 2nd line center than can play between Ryan and Selanne.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Selanne with Etem and Holland is a 4th line as far as being able to trust it defensively. Selanne floats in the defensive zone, and Holland and Etem don't seem to know where they're supposed to be yet. Maybe next year though

Old
03-09-2013, 10:59 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyX View Post

perry (unsigned) won't fetch krejci alone.

Closed Thread