Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

vCash: 500
Cogliano this season reminds me of when I played NHL13 during the lockout, and he was a beast and turned out to become my goal scoring leader. And I was like "omg what a horrendous game this is".

Old
03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You are not asking me questions about what my position is, you are just supplying the most convenient argument and arguing against that. You also seem to be conflating my position with BRG's. If you need a point explained further, then ask before offering up a counter argument.

If Perry wants to head to FA or doesn't care about a seven year deal, then I don't think a sign-and-trade will make a difference. We will get the same returns that Kovalchuk and Hossa received, both in makeup and quality.

I think if Murray doesn't want the typical garbage packages - sweetened with picks - that come with these type of trades, and the circumstances are favorable(ie. Perry has clear destination(s), wants eight years, and the receiving team wants the same), then those things get factored into his demands. I am assuming that at minimum that can be used to make a qualitative difference in the return under those circumstances. In other words, no questionable prospects, the roster player isn't just a down on their luck warm body. It may just mean an extra pick. I don't know what the answer is till we actually see one of these situations play out.

The only way that I can see a core player coming our way, what BRG is lobbying for, is if it's necessary for that team to fit Perry in, it may even call for an addition on our side.

Perry is not owed any favors by us. We may owe him eight years if we keep him, but we don't owe him that if he's leaving. We do not owe the team that wants him the eighth year. If we want we can hold onto him and deprive them of that. I don't think it's major leverage, but it is enough to change what we are capable of demanding.

This isn't even my idea, it's what Dreger put forth on NHL Tonight a few days back.
and in return hurt our own club? BM's job isn't to spite Perry and the opposing team that wants him, its to make his club better. Holding him to "deprive them of that" as you put it is simply childish and does nothing to benefit our club.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
and in return hurt our own club? BM's job isn't to spite Perry and the opposing team that wants him, its to make his club better. Holding him to "deprive them of that" as you put it is simply childish and does nothing to benefit our club.
I like how you clearly ignored everything else. Like the sentence after the one that you bolded where I clearly say that it's to negotiate for a better package, not to spite anyone.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
defer

vCash: 50
Staubitz and KP both on IR

Gotta think Maroon is coming up which is good.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

We are #1 in NHL Power Rankings!

Old
03-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
What happened to Staubitz?

Old
03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
defer

Quote:
It just says he's on IR on the roster on the team's website.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
mightyquack
Boll 2 hit superstar

Quote:
I assume it is to do with the severe swelling on his face after the skate cut (was mentioned on the telecast last night)

Old
03-11-2013, 04:04 PM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
looks like big sexy has been dealt. enjoyed that little flash in the pan he had a few years ago

Old
03-11-2013, 04:11 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I assume it is to do with the severe swelling on his face after the skate cut (was mentioned on the telecast last night)
Thats what it is from.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Kyle Wilson: 13 points in 39 career NHL games.

310 points in 411 career AHL games.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Boogernaut
Castleton Snob

Aww. So long, El Grande Sexo. Hope he regains his AHL dominance wherever the hell he's going. One day he'll grow into his neck and rule the world.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
DaDucks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
looks like big sexy has been dealt. enjoyed that little flash in the pan he had a few years ago
Salary dump for perry... "Sarcasm"

Flipping over the couch cushions looking for
Any extra money now...

Old
03-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Quote:
You are not asking me questions about what my position is, you are just supplying the most convenient argument and arguing against that. You also seem to be conflating my position with BRG's. If you need a point explained further, then ask before offering up a counter argument.

If Perry wants to head to FA or doesn't care about a seven year deal, then I don't think a sign-and-trade will make a difference. We will get the same returns that Kovalchuk and Hossa received, both in makeup and quality.

I think if Murray doesn't want the typical garbage packages - sweetened with picks - that come with these type of trades, and the circumstances are favorable(ie. Perry has clear destination(s), wants eight years, and the receiving team wants the same), then those things get factored into his demands. I am assuming that at minimum that can be used to make a qualitative difference in the return under those circumstances. In other words, no questionable prospects, the roster player isn't just a down on their luck warm body. It may just mean an extra pick. I don't know what the answer is till we actually see one of these situations play out.

The only way that I can see a core player coming our way, what BRG is lobbying for, is if it's necessary for that team to fit Perry in, it may even call for an addition on our side.

Perry is not owed any favors by us. We may owe him eight years if we keep him, but we don't owe him that if he's leaving. We do not owe the team that wants him the eighth year. If we want we can hold onto him and deprive them of that. I don't think it's major leverage, but it is enough to change what we are capable of demanding.

This isn't even my idea, it's what Dreger put forth on NHL Tonight a few days back.
I've have actually repeatedly asked you for clarification. Your responses typically don't answer the question I've posed to you, leaving me to guess and ask if that's what you mean, which is then not actually answered in your next response. Perhaps you don't realize it but your answers can be rather vague with multiple possible interpretations.

This all started when you said "If we trade Perry, it will be to place he wants to go, not necessarily to a place that has the return we want." That's dogmatic and also sort of at odds with your second to last paragraph. If either Perry or the team he wants to go to won't play ball, he would more likely get traded to a team that would.

Regardless, it's all conjecture. There's an alternative nobody has considered yet for trading him though. Keep him for the playoffs then trade him around the draft. I believe the NHL opened a discussion window to all teams a week before free agency starts, so he'd be able to discuss with everyone, get the best offer, see if he will the Ducks want to match it, then trade him to that team if he won't or they won't. It may not be a huge haul, but the ability to get that 8th year for cap hit purposes would likely be worth at least a 1st, so they wouldn't be losing him for absolutely nothing. It also would open things up to every team rather than just playoff teams. Just a thought, and I'm not sure if its in action this year because its supposed to start the day after the draft but not later than 6/25, and the draft is 6/30 this year.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Just a move to try to help Norfolk.

Good luck to sexy!

Old
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

With Holland in Anaheim, Norfolk needed a center

Old
03-11-2013, 04:42 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Aw... good luck sexy

Old
03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post

Gotta think Maroon is coming up which is good.
Maroon and Smith-Pelly recalled.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Fallenity

Quote:
Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
#NHLDucks recall forwards Patrick Maroon and Devante Smith-Pelly from the @NorfolkAdmirals of the AHL.
Hope DSP has improved his attitude.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Boogernaut
Castleton Snob

You know, we have no idea what his attitude was. There have never been any questions about it. People are reading a lot into the way that looks on the ice.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
DarthYenik

So long Sexton. It was fun for about a month in 2009.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:57 PM
defer

Devo seems to have been doing better of late. I'm anxious to see how he plays.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Fallenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
You know, we have no idea what his attitude was. There have never been any questions about it. People are reading a lot into the way that looks on the ice.
Maybe attitude was the wrong word, motivation perhaps? Whatever the word is, he was coasting a lot and not playing to his strengths.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Boogernaut
Castleton Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Maybe attitude was the wrong word, motivation perhaps? Whatever the word is, he was coasting a lot and not playing to his strengths.
Yeah, he did look lost at times. I felt like he was making (very slow) progress while he was here. Hopefully he makes a Maroon-like improvement.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Theridion

Probably good dsp is back. We are running out of "random guy scores two goals and wins the game and doesnt score again for 10 games".

Everyone gets a turn this year to be a hero.

Big game for dsp in the near future i see.

Closed Thread