Notices

Alexander Burmistrov

Old
03-13-2013, 01:06 PM
jetkarma*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Noel said today at practice (am listening right now on 1290) that the two of them have a good relationship and that he speaks to Burmistrov every day.

There is no lack of communication and if anything isn't clearly understood they use Antro to ensure that Burmistrov understands the message. Apparently it has yet to register with him, judging by his "ask the coach" quote from today.
No lack of communication from the Jets end , there is a difference to hearing and listening. The Jets also have offered several times to provide help/assistance regarding the language challenge but it wasn't deemed needed , by someone.

Last edited by jetkarma*: 03-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.
jetkarma* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:06 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

haha this nearing comical

jeeze

I'm fine with benching and sitting the kid. I will respect the coach if it seems needed.
I agree that he's got parts of his game that need to radically change if he's to improve.
But, pulling anything out of this quote out of a guy who barely speaks the language... it's a bit forced guys...

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I find the whole thing ridiculous. I have seen several players say pretty much the same thing when they have been benched/ scratched etc.

I'm sure Burmistrov is not happy being healthied and we should be happy he's not happy, if that makes any sense.

Add to that the culture/ language thing and it's much ado about nothing.

03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Or it shows that there is no communication between Burmi and the coaches. This is looking more and more like the Bogosian-Torchetti debacle every day.
Every day? It's literally been 24 hours since we learned Burmi would be scratched!

Take it easy, English is not his first language.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

You. Have. To. Be. Kidding.

What a joke that people are getting on Burmi for that. He's not going to talk about it with the damn media, OBVIOUSLY. What the hell people? This is getting to worse that Kane porportions of people looking for non-existant things to rag on him for

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:26 PM
truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I find the whole thing ridiculous. I have seen several players say pretty much the same thing when they have been benched/ scratched etc.

I'm sure Burmistrov is not happy being healthied and we should be happy he's not happy, if that makes any sense.

Add to that the culture/ language thing and it's much ado about nothing.
Yep.

I don't understand why people are looking for issues. He was benched. Hopefully he reacts well. There is nothing else here.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Huffer

Not trying to pour gas on this, but didn't Scheifele say something similar when he was asked why he wasn't playing?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
jetkarma*

I agree.

Hopefully he reacts well.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:39 PM
surixon

Nothing to see here, of course hes not going to say anything. I do hope he responds when he gets back in.

Kane is probably breathing a sigh of relief as Burmistrov enters the fireing range :p.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
jetkarma*

Kane is the new Kid Dynamite in Winnipeg.

Yeah if anyone wants to be picky they can find areas that can be improved , but he is a dynamic difference maker. Elite level talent in many areas. LOVE his game.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
jetsfan8

this whole situation is completely ridiculous
we have a 21 year old kid who was rushed into the league, and now sits for ONE game(1)
yes folks, ONE game

and within 24 hours, idiots start making up trade rumours, coach/player relationship rumours, and all sorts of nonsense

really?
all kinds of players are scratched for all kinds of reasons, including ovechkin, yakupov, and nearly every player thats ever played in the league..

as for the comment he made, what do you expect him to say?
obviously he knows why he was benched, and just doesnt want to get into it with media, and thats a very smart decision, because obviously the media would blow it up.
if coach didnt tell him the reason, then claude should be shown the door within the next 48 hours.
but obviously claude told him, obviously burmi knows, and isnt interested in discussing it with clowns
like lawless

seriously winnipeg media, and the way fans react to things in this city is borderline pshycotic

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
JetsHomer

With Slater out Burmi won't be sitting out anymore. Can't afford to have your top two penalty killing forwards out. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will play the system more. He was the first Jet on the ice at practice today

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:06 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
You. Have. To. Be. Kidding.

What a joke that people are getting on Burmi for that. He's not going to talk about it with the damn media, OBVIOUSLY. What the hell people? This is getting to worse that Kane porportions of people looking for non-existant things to rag on him for
So nuts.

Next week Kane is going to be benched for texting from his money-phone between periods and everyone is just going to lose it.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Nothing to see here, of course hes not going to say anything. I do hope he responds when he gets back in.

Kane is probably breathing a sigh of relief as Burmistrov enters the fireing range :p.
I don't know..... maybe Kane misses it... maybe he wants the hate and thrives off it hahah

Old
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Hasn't Burmi been playing in North America for 4 years? Have a hard time believing there is a language barrier.

Asking why he's being scratched is a stupid question to ask him. No player is gonna divulge the reasons because it's a shot to their pride. Coach should be the one answering those questions and even then it'll be a vague answer cause the coach doesn't want to publically stomp on a players pride. Professionalism is keeping the dirty laundry in private.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
and within 24 hours, idiots start making up trade rumours, coach/player relationship rumours, and all sorts of nonsense
Right, because when people like Dreger state multiple times of late that Burmistrov's name is probably in play in the trade market, and when guys like Lawless in the past have suggested that Burmistrov may have an aversion to listening to coaching, we should instead take your word that it is all much ado about nothing and not discuss it here. Thanks for the clarification.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Howard Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

jeeze

I'm fine with benching and sitting the kid. I will respect the coach if it seems needed.
I agree that he's got parts of his game that need to radically change if he's to improve.
But, pulling anything out of this quote out of a guy who barely speaks the language... it's a bit forced guys...
Absolutely agree.

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

God this is stupid. We have 2 possibilities. Either the communication between Noel and Burmistrov doesn't work, or Burmistrov decided not to share everything going on in the locker room with the media. What's more likely?

And yes, if Burmistrov doesn't understand why he's being scratched, then the communication between him and Noel IS lacking, there is no way around that. You can claim that Burmistrov is immature, stupid, or whatever you want, if he doesn't understand why the coach scratches him, the communication is lacking.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5585
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Yep.

I don't understand why people are looking for issues. He was benched. Hopefully he reacts well. There is nothing else here.
Exactly this.

The only thing this does is help me weed out people to take seriously on these boards.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5585
Quote:
Right, because when people like Dreger state multiple times of late that Burmistrov's name is probably in play in the trade market, and when guys like Lawless in the past have suggested that Burmistrov may have an aversion to listening to coaching, we should instead take your word that it is all much ado about nothing and not discuss it here. Thanks for the clarification.
They also claim(ed) Kane and Bogosian were in play and with similar problems. That's a pretty decent history of not knowing jack ****.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

IMHO: the failure here (and with Scheifele's quote regarding not knowing why he was in the press box) is a failure of the Jets communications department. They HAVE to know that these kids are going to be questioned: to not have supplied a scripted response (as much as fans hate those) and ensure that they know exactly what to say when asked isn't very smart, nor is it fair to them. Welly has been around long enough to know what to say / not to say - these kids haven't and don't.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:29 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:

Include Ed Tait yesterday.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:31 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post

Include Ed Tait yesterday.
Exclude Lawless who said yesterday in an interview:
Don't put much into the trade rumours; execs said expect to see Burmistrov in a Jets' uniform for a very long time.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:32 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
this whole situation is completely ridiculous
we have a 21 year old kid who was rushed into the league, and now sits for ONE game(1)
yes folks, ONE game

really?
all kinds of players are scratched for all kinds of reasons, including ovechkin, yakupov, and nearly every player thats ever played in the league..

as for the comment he made, what do you expect him to say?
obviously he knows why he was benched, and just doesnt want to get into it with media, and thats a very smart decision, because obviously the media would blow it up.
if coach didnt tell him the reason, then claude should be shown the door within the next 48 hours.
but obviously claude told him, obviously burmi knows, and isnt interested in discussing it with clowns
like lawless

seriously winnipeg media, and the way fans react to things in this city is borderline pshycotic
What you DON'T expect him to say is that he doesn't know why he's benched, sure it's between him and the coach that's pretty obvious, he and the coach both know why he was benched. Burmi is either very immature or very arrogant or both.

Personally I think some one away from the Jets organization is giving him bad advice. Remember a guy named Carl Lindros.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
What you DON'T expect him to say is that he doesn't know why he's benched, sure it's between him and the coach that's pretty obvious, he and the coach both know why he was benched. Burmi is either very immature or very arrogant or both.
But, but, but...
His response was the same as Scheifele's?

Weren't we (including myself) commenting on how mature and humble Scheifele is not too long ago?