Notices

Alexander Burmistrov

Old
03-13-2013, 03:09 PM
jetsfan8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Right, because when people like Dreger state multiple times of late that Burmistrov's name is probably in play in the trade market, and when guys like Lawless in the past have suggested that Burmistrov may have an aversion to listening to coaching, we should instead take your word that it is all much ado about nothing and not discuss it here. Thanks for the clarification.
Right, because dreger knows everything

i wonder if he has talked to chevy?

of course his name is in play, several teams would have a high level of interest in a guy like burmistrov, we have likely received dozens of offers for him.
but that doesnt mean chevy has any intent on actually trading him

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Also, that same local hack is the source of all "attitude" talk.
Yes, but there is a distinct difference between feeding info to a hack to send a message to a player and the discussing of potential trades. Completely differing scenarios there.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
Right, because dreger knows everything
I didn't claim that Dreger knows everything so am unsure of your point. I was conversely simply responding to your claim that people were make things up here by pointing out to you that such talk is usually initially driven by actual outside media discussion, away from this board. Hope that helps.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
They just played the sound bite on 1290.

He said something like this: "I don't know. I don't know how to answer question like this. You should ask the coach. "
..finally

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
So a 21 year old who doesn't exactly happen to be playing very well can publicly call out the coach, is that where your going with this?
lol what? Laughed so hard.

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
lol what? Laughed so hard.
Lets GO Blue Jays!

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:27 PM
jetsfan8

Quote:
I didn't claim that Dreger knows everything so am unsure of your point. I was conversely simply responding to your claim that people were make things up here by pointing out to you that such talk is usually initially driven by actual outside media discussion, away from this board. Hope that helps.
my point was more so directed towards the media
the media saw that our young star was being benched, jumped on it and made a bunch of **** up to create stories
and it worked

there has been no evidenve, sources, any type of concrete things that would even mildly suggest any truth to all the bs

he was benched for a game, probably just as wellwood was, and there is currently no reason to believe any stories beyond what was said by noel.

it is 100% speculation, until there are facts presented with concrete backup sources and proof from the organization, i dont believe one thing that anyone says

remember the kane stuff?
if i recall correctly, tsn jumped on that last year, and also suggested kane was "on the block"
if you know something i dont, im all ears, but until then, i expect burmistrov to be on the jets for many years to come

chevy has said many times what he wants from this hockey team, and what his plans are, trading burmistrov would directly go against what he has stated the past two years

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Yes, but there is a distinct difference between feeding info to a hack to send a message to a player and the discussing of potential trades. Completely differing scenarios there.
Meh...

Both scenarios are TNSE telling the same guy what they want him to know.
To me it seems both could be equally true or untrue.

EDIT: I just don't think you can weight one more than the other.

Last edited by garret9: 03-13-2013 at 03:37 PM.
garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
my point was more so directed towards the media
the media saw that our young star was being benched, jumped on it and made a bunch of **** up to create stories
and it worked
Not really, given that Dreger reported last week that Burmistrov might be trade bait. Lawless reported Burmistrov's possible aversion to coaching like 9 months ago. Oops.

To the balance of your post, choose to believe whatever you wish. Burmistrov is obviously in the coach's doghouse though; he could also certainly eventually find his way out. Hope he does.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Not really, given that Dreger reported last week that Burmistrov might be trade bait. Lawless reported Burmistrov's possible aversion to coaching like 9 months ago. Oops.

To the balance of your post, choose to believe whatever you wish. Burmistrov is obviously in the coach's doghouse though; he could also certainly eventually find his way out. Hope he does.
That's not reporting, that's speculating... Dreger never said that a source told him directly that Burmi was in play.

They need to make up discussion points for the rest of the month, they need storylines because they are going to be on air for 8-10 hours on deadline day, have already done a pre-pre-trade deadline show, have a pre-deadline show coming up, and are doing daily trade rumor updates.

They can only talk about Iginla so many times.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
That's not reporting, that's speculating... Dreger never said that a source told him directly that Burmi was in play.

They need to make up discussion points for the rest of the month, they need storylines because they are going to be on air for 8-10 hours on deadline day, have already done a pre-pre-trade deadline show, have a pre-deadline show coming up, and are doing daily trade rumor updates.

They can only talk about Iginla so many times.
The alternate view is that he perhaps heard the name from a source that wished to remain anonymous. Either scenario is equally plausible.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

I would say were probably at a wash at this point no? It would seem to me that there's essentially a balance of "evidence" to wether burmis fates in trouble or it isn't.

Pointing to evidence to make the point for one way is just ignoring evidence for it the other.

at least that's how i interpret the situation. 2 media spots for tradeing. 2 media spots against trading. seems equal.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:01 PM
JetsHomer

If Burmistrov is in play how come he's never talked about by anyone? Tsn literally has trade rumors from around the league on their site every day and he hasn't been mentioned once? If Dregar had heard he was available wouldn't someone (other than Gump ) have brought it up since Dregar first speculated like a month ago?

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Ulf Hullberg

I'm thinking Burmi's current market value has likely dipped to the point that trading him would be an unwise decision, unless of course you had some insight as to his future career plans. ie KHL.

Due to the lack of depth at ctr in the Jets organization we need to continue to develop Burmi into an offensively skilled 2-way #2 or #3 ctr. That said, next year I'd actually like to see Burmi ctr a shutdown line with Wright & some other genius waiver wire pickup in a similar mold as Wright.

Ulf Hullberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
The alternate view is that he perhaps heard the name from a source that wished to remain anonymous. Either scenario is equally plausible.

word...

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
truck
HFB Partner

A look behind the camera:

According to Dregs, the trade fodder that Dregs and them talk about is usually based on other teams calling to inquire about a player and it doesn't mean that player is actually available. At least that is settled.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
They just played the sound bite on 1290.

He said something like this: "I don't know. I don't know how to answer question like this. You should ask the coach. "
I got a totally different read on what he said after hearing the interview myself. Sometimes, I truly hate the paraphrasing that takes place in the media. His statement was obviously misquote..

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I got a totally different read on what he said after hearing the interview myself. Sometimes, I truly hate the paraphrasing that takes place in the media. His statement was obviously misquote..
He said almost exactly what I put there. They aired the rest of the interview later too and it was perfectly normal.

Last edited by truck: 03-13-2013 at 05:41 PM.
truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
JetsHomer

I just heard the interview on tsn. Kid clearly still has questionable at best English skills. Complete non-story here

Old
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
He said almost exactly what I put there.
I was backing up your message. The media spun it , IMHO. My message wasn't well worded - posting from the phone.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Tintin's Ghost

[QUOTE=Tdoe42;61571005Doesnt anyone remember when Stamkos got scratched and it turned around his career?[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am forgetting but wasn't it Barry Melrose who benched Stamkos (and played him on the 4th line) and didn't Stamkos explode once Melrose was fired?

Not a fan of benching young guys drafted to be "stars" (of varying degrees). Lots of psychology at work there and need to focus on how the guy best receives the message. A company's "star" employees usually end up getting more time/energy/money invested into them than "average" employees, that is life. I like what Ralph Krueger is doing in Edmonton and benching Smyth and Whitney (multiple times) before he benches one of the young guys.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:44 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 232
They showed part of an interview scrum he gave after practice on sports centre. He said "coaches decision. I guess I'm not play that good. You know I'll stick to working hard in practice and try to get back" I can only assume this is same scrum where the previous quote was taken from. So they obviously took it out of context.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
There is always an excuse

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:04 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
There is always an excuse
What does this even mean? if you actually watch the video it's pretty clear what he said.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
scelaton

Haven't had time to post much for a couple of weeks, but I have to put in my two cents worth.
I don't know how many of you have had the opportunity to work with teens or young adults, but they all have lapses and what they require from their parents/superiors is a concoction of patience, discipline (tough-love), and confidence in their future potential. That is exactly how the Jets are handling Burmi.
Burmi strikes me as an absolute gem of a kid--talented, hard-working, dedicated, doesn't get into trouble much, but is maturing in fits and starts He struggles with the language and struggles with his game at times--so what? Datsyuk was still in the Motherland as his age.
People are entitled to their opinions, but, in the real world, giving up so early on someone so young, with so much potential, is just plain wrong.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote