Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Not to dispute the general argument but in this one case, everything I've heard indicates Gammons is correct. You would think his teammates would despise Lackey, but all reports (not just Gammons) are that the opposite is true. And for the record, I'm not a fan of the guy (Lackey) myself.
I find that the guys who cover the Sox all season suck up to Lackey and the team and say how great of a guy he is because if they trash him then nobody will talk to the reporter who says that stuff. Take Haggs for example, he covered McAdam for a week and wrote about Lackey double-******* in the clubhouse, where was McAdam on that one all year and I'm a big McAdam guy. There is no way in hell the players appreciate Lackey's gestures when a ball goes off the wall or gets over a players head in the outfield.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:40 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
I feel the same way about Peter Gammons working for NESN and when he calls into Felger and Mazz once a week. He works for NESN who owns the Sox and will never give you anything you want to hear, whereas when he was with ESPN, I feel like his interviews would be must listens to. I feel like he lost some credibility working for NESN where the sun always shines on a 69 win team with a very high payroll
not exactly true, Gammons also works for MLB Network which now employs former field reporter Heidi Watney, but also had Hazel Mae their 1st season on air.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Mike Milbury is a complete DB I don't agree with anything that comes out of him, He wants shoot-outs in play-offs, Completly defends MTL diving does not even acknowledge that they do dive, MAN what a DB this guy is.
You say that Milbury "defends MTL diving" yet "does not even acknowledge that they do dive". Well which is it? How can he deny that the Habs dive, yet defend their diving?

Last time I saw Milbury, he was on Cross-Check arguing with Felger about this diving issue. After a game in which the B's were outplayed and outhustled by the Habs, Felger's hot (actually, more like warmed-over) take was to fixate on a PK Subban dive, as though this had been the reason for the loss. Milbury thought this was a load of crap, and I happen to agree.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
schmautzy

Geeze, I cant stand Gresh. But Zo running the show is tough to listen to.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
some radio stuff from Finn.

Quote:
The rumor that Bob Ryan is co-hosting a show on 1510 is not accurate. He is doing six hits a week with Marty Tirrell on Yahoo! Sports Radio's "Calling All Sports,'' which is broadcast on 1510. But it's not a full-time thing, and he says he doesn't want one. He is expected to join Sean Grande as the color analyst on the Celtics-Bobcats game Saturday night on WEEI, possibly in an every-other-quarter role with ESPN's Ryen Russillo. They will be filling in for Cedric Maxwell, who is being honored by the Atlantic-10.
Quote:
Dale Arnold, Gerry Callahan, and Kirk Minihane is a very good show. As we heard this morning, Callahan and Minihane alone (with the latter handling getting in and out of the breaks and other duties that the absent John Dennis does well) might be even better. If there was any concern before this week regarding how to repair the morning show, there shouldn't be now. Seems to me they've found two solutions.
http://www.boston.com/sports/touchin...&dlvrit=845880

Heres another article on the Bruin's ratings

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/0...LiM/story.html

Old
03-15-2013, 03:58 PM
EverettMike

Felger and Mazz are bordering on totally unlistenable. Glad Mike Reiss called them out on their ********.

Felger and Mazz think they are heroes for constantly calling out an organization that has double digit wins and a date with the second round every year. The Pats make plenty of legitimate mistakes to criticize, but they are clowns the way they attack the team and even worse, the way they attack people that report on the team without somehow being hypercritical.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Shaun
beauty

Jack Edwards was on EEI today with Curran and Sheppard and it was much better than *****y and Squeaky

Old
03-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
I find that the guys who cover the Sox all season suck up to Lackey and the team and say how great of a guy he is because if they trash him then nobody will talk to the reporter who says that stuff. Take Haggs for example, he covered McAdam for a week and wrote about Lackey double-******* in the clubhouse, where was McAdam on that one all year and I'm a big McAdam guy. There is no way in hell the players appreciate Lackey's gestures when a ball goes off the wall or gets over a players head in the outfield.
Quote:
Lackey's teammates, both former and current, will talk about his dedication and call him one of the best players to have on your team.
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...boston-red-sox

Quote:
"We’ve tried with guys like (Kevin) Youk(ilis), (Dustin) Pedroia or what-not — the infielders who get shown up when they don’t make a play — and amazingly he seems to have some hold over these guys. For some reason, as a player you know who are good teammates and bad teammates, but I believe deep down people do think of him as a good teammate,” he said.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/03/2...ates-like-him/

Quote:
Lackey pitched in discomfort in 2010 and in pain in 2011. He was blamed in media for contributing to the 2011 collapse, but he has been viewed by teammates much differently.

They saw him as an injured pitcher who soldiered on dutifully until the surgery cost him the 2012 season. Asked what made Lackey such a good teammate, Lester said "just everything.''
http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index...lackeys_l.html

Quote:
Lackey’s teammates, led by the other starters, greeted him at the top of dugout steps when he came off the field. Some Red Sox fans soured on Lackey because of his erratic performances. But he never lost his standing as one of the most popular players in the clubhouse.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...0mM/story.html

Yup, they all hate him.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:39 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Felger and Mazz are bordering on totally unlistenable. Glad Mike Reiss called them out on their ********.

Felger and Mazz think they are heroes for constantly calling out an organization that has double digit wins and a date with the second round every year. The Pats make plenty of legitimate mistakes to criticize, but they are clowns the way they attack the team and even worse, the way they attack people that report on the team without somehow being hypercritical.
Poor Mr Reiss, he better not criticize BB, or The Hoodie might not answer his question in another postgame playoff loss press conference.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Shaun
beauty

Listened to 5 minutes of Tony and Beetle today and it was pretty brutal. Tomorrow is the final Big Show with Dale and Holley on and Salk starts on Wednesday.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
some radio stuff from Finn.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchin...&dlvrit=845880

Heres another article on the Bruin's ratings

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/0...LiM/story.html
Seems to me, they all deserve to go to hell.

See ya, Suckers,

Old
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
MAINE-IAC

Neely up next on 98.5 the hub.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Shaun
beauty

interesting color choice

Old
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
interesting color choice

and they start Bruins talk right off the bat. Interesting.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Heisenberg77

Check this out. Does my boy Michael Holley lurk here?

I would have created a thread about it, but figured it would be moved here. That's definitely HF.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post

Check this out. Does my boy Michael Holley lurk here?

I would have created a thread about it, but figured it would be moved here. That's definitely HF.
HA! Busted!

Old
03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Shaun
beauty

Hahahaha that's awesome.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
chuckdobbins

I'm sure all the radio guys lurk, but it's funny to see the proof

Old
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
MattFromFranklin

Didn't Felger, Mazz, and Beetle lurk here during the cup run 2 years ago? Even though it was before I made an account here, I've lurked on here for a while and quite a bit of what they said was almost word-for-word what certain posters said on here.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:36 PM
TheBlatt

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please for the love of all that is good and holy, someone tell me Felger and Mazz are not STILL rehashing the same two arguments about Welker.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Didn't Felger, Mazz, and Beetle lurk here during the cup run 2 years ago? Even though it was before I made an account here, I've lurked on here for a while and quite a bit of what they said was almost word-for-word what certain posters said on here.
I'm 99% sure Felger got most of his hot hockey takes from Dojji

Old
03-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlatt View Post
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please for the love of all that is good and holy, someone tell me Felger and Mazz are not STILL rehashing the same two arguments about Welker.
Tune to WEEI, first hour all Bruins.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Tune to WEEI, first hour all Bruins.
How's Salk doing? I'm in class for a few hours and am unable to listen. I've been following Salk on Twitter and he seems to be a big Bruins fan. Definitely want to check him out when I get the chance.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
How's Salk doing? I'm in class for a few hours and am unable to listen. I've been following Salk on Twitter and he seems to be a big Bruins fan. Definitely want to check him out when I get the chance.
So far so good. Breaking down the game. Thinks Jets were more physical last night.

Now pay attention to class!

Old
03-20-2013, 02:38 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
After the Sox game was over, I threw on Felger and Mazz.

Who doesn't want to listen to Beetle and Mazz argue about whether the Orioles should move a September game to the afternoon or the NFL should open on a Wednesday instead of a Thursday or have the Ravens open on the road?

(click)