HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis and Columbus

Old
03-08-2013, 02:49 PM
intangible

vCash: 500
St. Louis and Columbus

Since my last trade proposal was lambasted, skewered, drawn, quartered, and many other euphemisms, I'll refrain from putting down a specific proposal, but rather put down a proposal in concept.

St. Louis is having goaltending problems, and is reportedly looking for LD.

Columbus has Bobrovsky, who's playing very well and is cheaper than a goalie like Halak, and also has three pretty strong LD, one of whom (Johnson) keeps getting put in proposals.

Since Columbus just hired ex-Blues Assistant GM Kekalainen and will be moving to the Eastern Confernce next year (not to mention Hitchcock's Blue Jackets' connection), I think it makes plenty of sense for these two teams to remain good trading partners.

Could you see a trade being worked out between these teams for these resources? Since Jarmo was in charge of the Blues' drafting, he might have special interest in Schwartz, Cole, etc, so getting a LD might not break the Blues' roster, and, IMO, it'd be nice if Bobrovsky came into St. Louis and out went one of the struggling goaltenders. Also, the Blues seem to be overpowered at RD, which the Jackets seem to lack.

Thoughts?

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
candyman82

No. You can't have Bob or Johnson.

Ask again and I'll have Viqsi set you on fire.

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
If a deal is made it would be minor with one of our mid prospects.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Trap City

Quite frankly I'd much rather run with Allen than make a trade for Bobrovsky.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Quite frankly I'd much rather run with Allen than make a trade for Bobrovsky.
This. I'm just fine running with Halak and Allen who have combined for a 9-3-1 record this season.

Also we don't have the depth at RD. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Jack Johnson's +/- dropped another 3 notches in the time it took me to post this.

I don't really think the Blues and Jackets make good trade partners unless Jarmo decided to ship out Tyutin for picks + prospects, which I doubt.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
This. I'm just fine running with Halak and Allen who have combined for a 9-3-1 record this season.

Also we don't have the depth at RD. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Jack Johnson's +/- dropped another 3 notches in the time it took me to post this.

I don't really think the Blues and Jackets make good trade partners unless Jarmo decided to ship out Tyutin for picks + prospects, which I doubt.
Yea Tyutin is the guy I want from the Jackets but they have no reason to move him. How about we send you Kris Russel and you send us back Nikita Nikitin?

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Zero interest in trading either of Bobrovsky or JMFJ.

We're fine on RD for the time being. Wisniewski, Nikitin, and Goloubef are all quite capable, Aucoin is doing reasonable as a placeholder, and Savard and Prout are still on the way.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

No real interest in Bobrovsky, but Tyutin is a guy I would be very interested in.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:40 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
No real interest in Bobrovsky, but Tyutin is a guy I would be very interested in.
I don't know if Jarmo would want to move Tyutin, but he might go at the deadline for a first rounder.

Tyutin seemed sluggish at the start of the year (KHL habits??), but he's usually pretty good at both ends of the rink: strong, not too many turnovers, can sometimes put up points (Although he is not really a catalyst, he gets points through making a lot of good simple passes). A lot of teams will be interested if he is available.

major major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:23 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
How about we send you Kris Russel and you send us back Nikita Nikitin?
This.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
This.
We'll pass. We may trade Nikitin, but not for that.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I don't know if Jarmo would want to move Tyutin, but he might go at the deadline for a first rounder

You're out to lunch if you think that Tyutin will bring back a 1st rounder. He'll get more than that. He's got a god cap hit for what he brings, and is signed for several more years.

Also, he has a NMC, modified NTC.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:51 AM
palindrom

whatever happened to the Hichcock effect ?

http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/7/17/goal...-ken-hitchcock

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
bh2007

Blues fans, how about
To St-Louis : J.Gorges + M.Ryder + 5e
To Montreal : C.Steward + I.Cole

It'll give you 3 solid pairs of defenseman :
Pietrangelo - Gorges
Shattenkirk - Jackman
Polak - Russel/Redden

I think Steward is expandable because of Oshie, Tarasenko and D'Agostini on the right wing.

St-Louis overpays a little bit because Montreal don't need to move Gorges, a very valuable player to Montreal. He was signed for 6 years at 3.9M.

I include Ryder because of Tarasenko's injury. His contract expires at the end of the season. At the trade dead line, I think he can fetch a 3rd or a 2nd.

From Montreal's stand view, Steward adds size on the right wing. He'll be great with either Desharnais or Eller.

bh2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:31 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
Blues fans, how about

Pietrangelo - Gorges
Shattenkirk - Jackman
Polak - Russel/Redden

I think Steward is expandable because of Oshie, Tarasenko and D'Agostini on the right wing.

St-Louis overpays a little bit because Montreal don't need to move Gorges, a very valuable player to Montreal. He was signed for 6 years at 3.9M.

I include Ryder because of Tarasenko's injury. His contract expires at the end of the season. At the trade dead line, I think he can fetch a 3rd or a 2nd.

From Montreal's stand view, Steward adds size on the right wing. He'll be great with either Desharnais or Eller.
D'Agostini doesn't make anyone expendable and Stewart isn't going anywhere.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:13 AM
BlueJacket2

We can't trade in the division

BlueJacket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2007 View Post
Blues fans, how about

Pietrangelo - Gorges
Shattenkirk - Jackman
Polak - Russel/Redden

You think wrong, Stewart has been playing great this yr, one of our best forwards so far. Gorges would be nice but we are not overpaying with a good young d man and a power forward who is producing.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:13 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Yea Tyutin is the guy I want from the Jackets but they have no reason to move him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
You're out to lunch if you think that Tyutin will bring back a 1st rounder. He'll get more than that. He's got a god cap hit for what he brings, and is signed for several more years.

Also, he has a NMC, modified NTC.
Seems like the Blues fans rate Tyutin higher than the CBJ fans. Browsing the Blue Jackets board I saw opinions that Fedor is the worst player in the NHL, his contract is terrible and the BJ have to buy him out.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Seems like the Blues fans rate Tyutin higher than the CBJ fans. Browsing the Blue Jackets board I saw opinions that Fedor is the worst player in the NHL, his contract is terrible and the BJ have to buy him out.
One out of three. Not bad.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Every player has his haters.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:05 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Its very easy to overlook how good Tyutin is. He is a true jack of all trades master of none D-man. He doesn't have the booming shot, he doesn't have amazing speed, he doesn't level guys with the big open ice hit. However, just because he doesn't make the highlight reel play doesn't mean he isn't a very good defenseman, he is the classic guy that the fanbase thinks they can replace and after he is traded they realize how much he meant to the team.

For full disclosure I have been an advocate of trading him even though I think it will make the team wores (likely significantly worse). I think that the we are out of the playoffs (even considering the current win streak) and that value we get for him will help cut down on the time we have to rebuild. Also I don't want to commit long term to a pairing of Tyutin and Nikitin (both of these guys play significantly better when paired) when we have guys like Moore, Murray, Golobouf and Erixon some of whom are already playing at a higher level than Nikitin.

Last edited by alphafox: 03-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.
alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote