HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Van-Det

Old
03-04-2013, 12:04 AM
patekilla

vCash: 500
Van-Det

Ballard and white seem to be soon on the move , heard van is looking for rh defenseman Ian white is just that, wings need a defensive defenseman Ballard could fit that role play with it add if needed.thoughts?

Last edited by caley: 03-04-2013 at 12:41 AM.
patekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Superpest
Undrafted Free Agent

Would Setroit really be down to make this trade?

Superpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:42 AM
patekilla

I wonder if I'd get more replies with a correctly titled post

But yes I would Ian white is not a bad defender just seems to be in babs doghouse. Ballard could be a piece to pair kindl/smith with

patekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Ballard is unnecessary for the Wings, and he still has two years left on that unjustifiably large contract of his. No thanks. Vancouver can have White for a pick; he is now redundant, and history suggests that he's likely to become uppity if Babcock continues to scratch him (as will occur, as he's currently in the doghouse for poor play).

That said, I'm not sure if you're aware (and you really should be) that the Wings currently have nine NHL-level defensemen under contract. Barring a surprise trade for a top-pairing guy---which Ballard isn't---you will not see the Wings attain another blueliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet View Post
Would Setroit really be down to make this trade?
Not a chance, but Fetroit might be!

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Pip
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patekilla View Post

But yes I would Ian white is not a bad defender just seems to be in babs doghouse. Ballard could be a piece to pair kindl/smith with
I wonder what Ballard did to get so far in AV's doghouse that ****ing Cam Barker is higher on the depth chart right now, despite Ballard being arguably our best defenseman this year. A guy like White would be great in return seeing as Ballard is being so underutilized here

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I wonder what Ballard did to get so far in AV's doghouse that ****ing Cam Barker is higher on the depth chart right now, despite Ballard being arguably our best defenseman this year. A guy like White would be great in return seeing as Ballard is being so underutilized here
White had a great season with Lidstrom and is now having a woefully bad season without him. Unsurprisingly, playing with one of the best defensemen in the history of the game---even in the last season of his career---tends to enhance one's performance.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Both are solid d-men that seem, for lack of another explanation, to be in their coaches' doghouses. Might not be a bad swap.

However, White's contract is much more palatable than Ballard's if both turn out to be more than just a doghouse thing. I'd want to see more coming Detroit's way in a swap to make up for the added risk.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Eternal Sunshine

If Vancouver sent a mid-late pick or ate a bit of Ballard's salary I would trade White for him. (assuming he is in Babs' doghouse for good).

Really liked Whitey here, too bad it is seemingly not going to end well.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:42 AM

vCash: 50
I think Ballard is actually a better defenseman than White.

That being said, I'd trade Ballard for White just because White is a righty and on a cheaper contract.

I think Ballard would step in and play big minutes in Detroit...for the advanced stats guys, he's got a better corsi relative and corsi on than Edler, Bieksa, and Garrison but somehow gets scratched (which doesn't make sense unless its due to injury or trade in the works)...it should be noted that White is one of the worst corsi relatives on the Red Wings ahead of only Huskins and Lashoff.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I think Ballard is actually a better defenseman than White.

That being said, I'd trade Ballard for White just because White is a righty and on a cheaper contract.

I think Ballard would step in and play big minutes in Detroit...for the advanced stats guys, he's got a better corsi relative and corsi on than Edler, Bieksa, and Garrison but somehow gets scratched (which doesn't make sense unless its due to injury or trade in the works)...it should be noted that White is one of the worst corsi relatives on the Red Wings ahead of only Huskins and Lashoff.
I couldn't care less about Ballard's Corsi score. Even if I considered Corsi to be a slam dunk indicator of aptitude---and I don't---Ballard's contract is simply too large, especially with the cap going down during the offseason.

On the subject of Corsi being a flawed measure, it should be noted that Lashoff has played vastly better than White.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by patekilla View Post

Detroit has to many D as we speak. They're not going to acquire one unless he's an upgrade. Ballard is NOT an upgrade over what they currently have.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Canadian Gold X3
Playoff Bound

Van takes this and runs.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline   Reply With Quote