Old
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Evander Kane all fired up on twitter

Quote:
Evander Kane ‏@EKane9JETS 10h

For everyone asking why I don't care to watch or talk about the NHL playoffs. I'm not playing in them, I can't win this year, CONT:

So I don't care! Next year will be a different story! You can count on that.

I'm sick of sitting here at this time of the year not having a chance to win, not scoring goals, not winning games and not winning rounds.

It really pisses me off and I'm done with these kind of results. It's time to start winning and it's starting now.

Goodnight tweeps. #thenatural
Bold/underline emphasis mine. He doesn't even watch playoff hockey, he's that worked up. Wow. Gotta admire the kid, he puts in another ~30 goal season with scrubs on his line, and not once gave up. Kane, Ladd, Wheeler, and Bogosian seem to be the emotional leaders of the team, and if Chevy isn't careful he could alienate these players. I have no doubt with a better supporting cast, those four could lead us into the playoffs regularly.

Old
06-07-2013, 09:23 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
IF you're Evander Kane and a fan asks you why you aren't watching the playoffs you can say I'd rather be lying on the beach with some hot chicks, or you can lie and tell them what they want to hear

Old
06-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
IF you're Evander Kane and a fan asks you why you aren't watching the playoffs you can say I'd rather be lying on the beach with some hot chicks, or you can lie and tell them what they want to hear
Haters gonna hate!

Old
06-07-2013, 09:34 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Old
06-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Aries56

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yikes.

Kane's in elite company if you look at 30 goal scorers under the age of 20. He did this with no help from guys like Antropov, Wellwood, Burmi and at times Mittens.

That doesn't sound like a lazy guy that wants to lay on the beach with hot chicks. The guys determined. He wants to win... [mod]

It's great to see so much passion and a winner's mentality from our core going forward. Hopefully Chevy can find them some help.

Last edited by Aries56: 06-07-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old
06-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries56 View Post
Yikes.

Kane's in elite company if you look at 30 goal scorers under the age of 20. He did this with no help from guys like Antropov, Wellwood, Burmi and at times Mittens.

That doesn't sound like a lazy guy that wants to lay on the beach with hot chicks. They guys determined. He wants to win... [mod]

It's great to see so much passion and a winner's mentality from our core going forward. Hopefully Chevy can find them some help.
Absolutely. All you have to do is watch his intensity and emotion on the ice/bench and you can tell he feels like he tweeted. Anyone who thinks that a 20 year old kid with that kind talent and drive is ************ about his frustration is simply hating for the sake of hating.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 06-07-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: qep
Old
06-07-2013, 10:00 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries56 View Post
Yikes.

That doesn't sound like a lazy guy that wants to lay on the beach with hot chicks. The guys determined. He wants to win... [mod]

Kane wasn't a 30 goal scorer under the age of 20. Not gonna comment on your straw man arguments. I never called Kane lazy.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
LOL at his age and with his status who wouldn't be having a good time and not dwelling on the fact you did not make the playoffs this season at this point all he can do is look forward to next season and this is what we need to hear from him. Plus it is good to hear some positive PR from him.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I'm glad he's pissed off!!!

I hope we bring in more guys that hate missing the playoffs and hate losing!

Old
06-07-2013, 10:44 AM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post

Ladd said it himself, we've got way to many guys on this team that don't hate losing enough. I believe TNSE will blow up this Atlanta Thrashers mentality very soon.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Aries56

Quote:
Kane wasn't a 30 goal scorer under the age of 20. Not gonna comment on your straw man arguments. I never called Kane lazy.
Read about it awhile ago, it's actually 30 goal scorer's under 21.

Regardless, Kane's a guy that loves to win, you can see it game in and game out. How do you find success at the NHL level? Making the playoffs is only the beginning. He's been in the league 4 years now, he's gonna be focused on making the playoffs and it's starting to show. When we do make the playoffs, he's gonna be one of the biggest contributors to us getting there.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:48 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

I look at this as a very positive thing. Barring any major injuries I think our young players are getting to a point that they are sick of missing the playoffs and that will drive a higher level of consistency game to game. Bogosian made a similar comment late last year. LLW played all last season on a mission. We need our goal tending to get to the next level and I think we are ready for the jump.

This is all part of the maturing process of young talent.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:53 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post

This...I frikken love it - that needs to be the attitude that rolls through the entire org. I was a little on the fence on EK the first year here in Wpg (despite the goals), and then worried that the big contract might build in some complacency.

Instead, this year I watched a guy play with under performing talent, all the while busting his ass every night, and never complaining. Even more impressive to me that he was doing this late in the year while very clearly hurting. Color me impressed and stoked by his attitude!

Old
06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
sully1410

I'm glad he's fired up. That's the kind of attitude you need to break the slump. I don't know why there are select people on this board that are hating on him right now. It's not like he disappeared near the end of the season or something. He fought the entire way and quite often was one of the few that was always trying to make an impact.

I'm not surprised that he's choked that he didnt make it. They were so close. And his attitude is the exact right way to think.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Yes, if we know anything about Kane's tendencies on Twitter, it's that he always takes a measured and calculating approach with an eye to PR. He's so concerned with the optics of his actions and words and really cares what others think...

Old
06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Bob E

I like the fact the players are mad, disappointed not being there, and hungrier than ever to make the playoffs and carve a career in the playoffs.

As fans, we're disappointed too, not being able to cheer for our beloved team in the playoffs. So we're all on the same page. That's good.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Get this man some linemates!

Old
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Look at it this way, if we had 23 Evander Kanes on our roster we'd make the playoffs every year. Not his talent, but rather his dedication.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:34 AM
seasontixholder

vCash: 576
Love to see it. Is it just me that thinks Kane plays better pissed off?

Old
06-07-2013, 11:35 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Should have got that mad 3 months ago

Old
06-07-2013, 11:37 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Should have got that mad 3 months ago
Would that he weren't injured at the time. :/

Old
06-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Huffer

Great to see.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:06 PM
shatner_rules
You're in Trouba

Wait for Gary Lawless to spin this into another "Kane Wants Out Of Winnipeg" article.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner_rules View Post
Wait for Gary Lawless to spin this into another "Kane Wants Out Of Winnipeg" article.
Well considering he said next year will be a different story and the Jets will be no where near the playoffs next year. Clearly he does want out.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:11 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Maybe he knows something you don't.

Closed Thread