HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MPS for Josh Bailey

Old
03-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Redden

vCash: 500
MPS for Josh Bailey

To EDM: Josh Bailey

To NYI: MPS

It's probable that one of Horcoff or Belanger gets bought out next year and Lander and Vandevelde aren't ready to fill a 3/4 C spot yet. Josh Bailey looks like he can fill this spot and hopefully he will be able to reach more of his potential. He looks like he can win a draw too (55.6% this year). With the addition of Mike Brown, it makes the wings on the Oilers even more crowded making MPS expendable. MPS has played a lot better this year but you have to give up something to get something.

I don't watch a lot of Islander games so there might need to be a draft pick/lesser prospect going either way to balance it.

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Josh Bailey plays LW. I could see a type of trade like this, but many NYI fans will tell you that Bailey is the 2nd most skilled forward on our roster and I imagine the management feels the same. Not to say he has much value at all, but I just don't think he'll be dealt.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redden View Post

It's probable that one of Horcoff or Belanger gets bought out next year and Lander and Vandevelde aren't ready to fill a 3/4 C spot yet. Josh Bailey looks like he can fill this spot and hopefully he will be able to reach more of his potential. He looks like he can win a draw too (55.6% this year). With the addition of Mike Brown, it makes the wings on the Oilers even more crowded making MPS expendable. MPS has played a lot better this year but you have to give up something to get something.

I don't watch a lot of Islander games so there might need to be a draft pick/lesser prospect going either way to balance it.
Niether Horcoff or Belanger are going to get bought out, we still need them, they win faceoffs and play reasonable defence and even though Magnus hasn't panned out like we hoped, he'll be a great defensive player in out top 9.

So value is probably close, but the Oilers decline.

ResilientBeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

MPS has been one of the best Oilers on the ice the last couple of games, cannot see this happening, especially for Josh Bailey.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:59 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

This article has all the reasons why the Oilers are not going to be trading Magnus Paajarvi anytime soon.

http://lowetide.ca/blog/2013/03/why-...y-woodguy.html

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
sniper81

Pretty big bailey fan, i would hope the islanders don't do this.

sniper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redden View Post

It's a meh trade.

Both are good defensively, disappointing offensively.

I don't know if acquiring Bailey to play center, makes sense. He's playing lw since the last 1/4 of the 2011-2012 season. Less responsibility.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
zeus3007*

No thanks. Sideways step at best. Really no point, from either side.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Josh Bailey plays LW. I could see a type of trade like this, but many NYI fans will tell you that Bailey is the 2nd most skilled forward on our roster and I imagine the management feels the same. Not to say he has much value at all, but I just don't think he'll be dealt.
I dont know much about MPS.
I know plenty about Bailey. Josh has skill but will never be a big point producer. His ceiling is 20 goals and maybe 45 points. However Bailey is a very good defensive forward and he plays well on the penalty kill. He also can play wing and Center. Top 6 for sure.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote